Whether you are a professional who works with tools all day long, or you are a weekend warrior who likes to handle home or other projects as a hobbyist, having a good quality tool belt is essential for your comfort.
Best Tool Belts
With a belt like the top-rated Dewalt DG5617, you will be able to carry as many instruments as you want and still have the weight evenly distributed so that you can do your job as easily and efficiently as possible.
A tool belt or apron will save you the time and effort of having to go get the tool you need for every single task.
We have selected the best tool belts for 2021 for you, so read on to find the one which is suited for your needs.
You may know Dewalt as a premium power tool maker, but the company also offers other premium quality products like this versatile tool belt.
The Dewalt DG5617 has a total of 20 pockets made for all the tools, parts, pencils, and nails you will need while working on your project or at your job.
The tool belt is designed to be multifunctional but comfortable as well.
It has an apron design with padded suspenders, which can be adjusted to help distribute the weight of all tools and other things you are carrying in the pockets.
It also has a comfortable padded belt with a special double roller buckle that will keep it in place while you are working. The belt is made of breathable mesh for increased comfort and is 5 inches wide.
There are nine main pockets and added smaller pockets and sleeves, which you can use to store your nails, nail sets, and whatever tools and parts you need to have handy for your job.
The pouches on the side have patented handles that allow for further adjustments as well as for one-hand carrying.
The premium quality tool belt also has a zippered pouch where you can keep your phone or valuables. There is a neoprene padded phone pocket, a carabineer for keys, another pocket, and an easy access sleeve for pencils on the suspenders for easy access too.
This belt can fit waist sizes from 29 up to 46 inches. Its size is 24.2 x 7.5 x 17.2 inches, and it weighs 4.8 lbs.
Overall, given its adjustability, comfort, premium quality build, and multitude of pockets and storage options, this tool belt is definitely the greatest one on the market for 2021. Dewalt
The runner-up is on the pricy side, but if you want to make an investment that will last you forever, then you may want to consider buying this superb tool belt by Occidental.
The leather belt is hand-made in the USA with premium quality materials.
It has multiple pouches and pockets, which will let you carry all your instruments and essentials with you when you are working, so you won’t need to go back and forth to grab the tools and parts you need.
The pouches are adjustable, so you can distribute the weight and the tools as you prefer. This belt is designed specifically for DIYers and other enthusiasts who love working on new projects, and it provides enough space to carry the most common tools one uses at home.
The belt is available in six different sizes and is designed in a way to remain safely secured on your waist and hips without bringing your pants down low.
There is a suitable Occidental Leather 8089 belt for people of all sizes, starting from small to XXX-large.
The belt weighs 4.08 lbs. and is 16.3 x 14.3 x 8.7 inches in size.
It is made of high-density leather, which is easy to maintain, and needs to be sealed just once a year.
The high-end tool belt is a must-have for anyone who wants the best of the best.
It is made so well that it is highly likely that this will be the last tool belt you will be buying for yourself.
Best budget-friendly choice
If you need an affordable tool belt that will still come in handy when working on home projects or at your worksite, then the CLC Custom Leathercraft IP489X is among the finest deals you can find on the market.
The belt costs less than $15 and has three pockets and a hammer loop, a clip for a tape measure, and a square holder.
The tool bag is quite durable and made of suede leather. The belt is 2 inches wide, made of poly web, and has a quick-release buckle. The length is adjustable and can fit waists from 29 to 46 inches.
It may be a smaller tool belt than our overall choices, but it can still easily fit your basic tools, nails, and other essentials for your DIY projects as well as for people in the construction business, in maintenance, or for plumbers.
Due to its smaller size and lighter weight, this belt is also a cool gift idea for a youngster interested in building things.
You can easily fit larger tools in the large pocket and nails, pencils, screwdrivers, and blades in the smaller ones.
The metal loop can safely and comfortably hold a larger tool like a hammer.
The size of the belt is 11 x 13.1 x 3.2 inches, and it weighs 12.8-oz.
The affordable tool belt is made by Custom Leathercraft, a company with over three decades of experience in the business.
It can be adjusted, and if you want, you can add another pouch from the same belt if you need more storage space for tools and stuff too. Even by buying two of these belts and combining them in one, you are still going to be getting a pretty good deal, given its price and the high quality of the leather pouches.
The rest of the best tool belts for 2021
This is another reasonably priced and well-built tool belt that is suitable for Weekend Warriors and DIYers who want to carry their hammers and tools safely and conveniently close as they work on their repair works and other projects.
- It is made of sturdy split leather.
- The belt is 2 inches wide and made of polymer with a quick-release button.
- The apron has five pockets of different sizes for better organization of your tools and parts.
- It also has rust-resistant metal and leather hammer holders on each side.
- The size of the apron is 21 x 8.9 x 2.5 inches, and it weighs 1.19 lbs.
- The price of the belt is just over $20
If you work with a lot of different tools and parts, then you should check out the Bucket Boss Mullet Buster tool belt, which has 29 different pockets and pouches, as well as clever suspension technology.
- It is made of a 2-ply heavyweight poly fabric of 1680 denier for added stability and durability.
- The belt comes with adjustable and stretchable Loadbear suspenders for better distribution of the weight of all tools and items.
- The suspenders are made of moisture-wicking, padded material
- They are designed to stretch and move along with the movement of the body for added comfort during work
- It has a total of 29 pockets, and the pouches can be adjusted to your liking
- The suspenders and the pouches can be removed
- It has a steel hammer holder, and another loop for carrying longer instruments.
- The belt has an infinity design and can fit waists of up to 52 inches
- It has monster grommets and a sturdy steel buckle
- The pouches have a convenient and spacy barrel bottom design
- There is a cellphone pocket with a Velcro closing on the suspenders of easy access
- Its size is 31 x 6 x 14 inches, and it weighs 5.55lbs.
If you are an electrician and need a tool bag that has smaller and narrower pockets for your tools, then this affordable pouch by Dewalt is an excellent choice.
- Cost of less than $20
- Consists of a larger main pocket and a multitude of smaller ones on the front for tools and parts
- It has web loops as well as sleeve pockets for carrying various tools
- Made of durable ballistic reinforced poly fabric
- A large sleeve for a flashlight or other tool
- An electrical tape strap for easy access
- A carabineer for your keys
- It can be worn via the rear clip or can be attached to a belt that is up to 2.75 inches wide.
- It is compact and suitable for busy electricians or contractors who need to climb ladders.
- The size of the bag is 9.3 x 3 x 7.5 inches, and it weighs 0.32-oz.
This Contractor-grade suede work apron is another excellent pick by CLC worth noting. It is comfortable, durable, and can fit just about any kind of tool.
- Made of sturdy suede leather, this apron is made to last
- It has wide easy to access double pockets on the front
- It has a total of 12 different pockets – 4 main ones and 8 smaller ones
- The belt is made of poly web and is 2 inches wide
- The buckle is an interlocking one made of metal
- The apron also has a combination square holder
- There are two steel hammer loops
- It will fit waists sized from 29 to 46 inches
- It weighs 3.52-oz and is 22.8 x 3.8 x 10.2 inches in size
If you live or work in hot conditions, you probably know how sweaty and uncomfortable things can get, especially when doing handy work and DIY repairs. With this tool belt for carpenters, you can say goodbye to the sweat and uncomfortable feeling.
- A patented air channel technology that is breathable, moisture-wicking, and comfortable
- Every part of the belt, even its foam backing, is made of breathable materials
- Made of sturdy but lightweight 1250 DuraTek nylon
- The right pouch is for carpenter tools and has a hammer loop
- There is also a measuring tape clip
- The center pouch is 8 inches deep
- The left pouch has wide and easy to access pockets and 7 pockets for tools with a fastener.
- The pouches are lined with plastic and have and maintain a box shape
- The belt and the pouches are riveted at the stress parts
- It comes in small, medium, large, X-large, 2XL, and 3XL sizes
- It is sold with a 1-year warranty for defects
- The belt weighs 5 lbs.
This inexpensive tool belt is a perfect choice for carpenters and weekend warriors who prefer magnetic pouches and pockets for safer storage of nails and other metal parts.
- The belt costs less than $30
- It is made of sturdy 2-ply ballistic polyester
- There are 12 pockets for tool storage, and the main ones stay open for quick and easy access.
- The magnetic pockets store nails, screws, and other small metal parts safely and conveniently.
- A hammer loop on the right side
- All stress points on the belt and pouches are reinforced by rivets
- The belt is adjustable, and one size will fit most
- It is 12.1 x 9.9 x 3.4 inches and weighs 2.25 lbs.
- The pouches are round-shaped and with reinforced bottoms to keep them in shape and to prevent tools from piercing them and falling out.
- The belt has an infinity design with steel grommets and will fit people with waists of up to 52 inches.
- It has a sturdy single body construction.
- The pouches can be moved around the belt or removed depending on your preferences.
- It has a steel hammer hook and another loop for other tools
- The tool bag and belt are made of 600 denier poly ripstop material
- The size of the belt is 23 x 4 x 13 inches, and it weighs 2.15 lbs.
If you prefer to customize your own tool belt, then the Carhartt Legacy custom tool belt is a great place to start. You can add any of the Carhartt pouches, holsters, and other components to it, depending on your specific needs and preferences.
- It is a comfortable padded belt
- Made of heavy-duty polyester webbing and with water-repellent material
- The belt has a breathable back, cushioned sides, and a strong metal bolt closure
- It can be adjusted and will fit waists sized from 30 to 48 inches
- The belt is compatible with the vast line of different pouches, components, holsters, hooks, and others offered from the Carhartt Legacy Build Your Own Tool Belt series
- You can also add suspenders to it
- The size of the belt is 53 x 4 x 1 inches, and it weighs 0.7 lbs.
- It is offered with a warranty for defects
- The belt is also available without the padding
- The storage space on this belt is immense
- It has a total of 24 pockets
- The four-piece storage pouches can be arranged to your liking
- It has a nifty steel measuring tape holder clip
- There is a steel hammer holder as well
- The pouches and bags can fit larger instruments like drills, pliers, wrenches, and so on.
- It is made of strong polyester with added air mesh foam padding for breathability and support.
- The interior of the pouches is made of durable suede
- The belt has an adjustable metal buckle
- You can add suspenders to it via the D-rings
- It also has a safe cellphone pocket for easy access
- The belt can fit waists from 29 to 48 inches
- It is suitable for males and females, and all types of professions or for home use.
- The size of the belt and pouches is 17 x 13.4 x 4.6 inches, and it weighs 4.45 lbs.
- It is sold with a money-back guarantee
- Made of three pieces which are adjustable
- The belt and pouches are crafted from a rugged 6-ply material
- Includes two tape measure clips
- The three parts include 10 pockets and loops
- Includes two heavy-duty hammer loops and a holder holster
- Features the patented ToughBuilt ClipTech Hub
- There are hooks for adding suspenders
- You can add other pouches and components to build your own perfect belt
- The belt can be adjusted to fit waist sizes of 32 to 48 inches
- It closes with a heavy-duty buckle
- Its size is 16 x 16 x 16 inches, and it weighs 3.97 lbs.
- You can also buy it in other variants or order the components you need separately.
This premium quality tool belt is made of genuine leather that will serve you or the recipient of this belt for years. In fact, it is sold with a lifetime warranty by Lautus.
- Made of genuine oil-tanned leather
- It will fit waists from 30 to 46 inches
- The belt has 11 pockets of different sizes, and the largest ones are 2 x 9 x 7.5 inches.
- It has two sturdy hammer loops
- There are pencil pockets
- It is suitable for professionals and hobbyists
- The belt is sold with a lifetime warranty
- A reasonably priced tool belt suitable for DIYers and professionals alike
- It has an ergonomic design allowing for easier and more comfortable mobility and works
- Made of heavy-duty canvas
- It consists of 11 pockets and two hammer loops
- The pockets are evenly distributed for added comfort
- They are all on the front for easy viewing and access during work
- The belt is adjustable and can fit waists sized up to 50 inches
- The dimensions are 12 x 11 x 1 inches, and it weighs 1.1 lbs.
This is the perfect bundle for an electrician and includes everything he or she will need to have all tools and parts close and easy to access during work.
- The bundle includes a belt, pouches, and holders, as well as suspenders
- The belt has 27 pockets located in two sturdy pouches on both sides
- The pouches have easy carry handles for easier putting on and taking off, as well as move around
- It has suspender attachment loops
- The suspenders make carrying more tools and more weight easier
- The belt and suspenders are padded with comfortable, breathable, and moisture-wicking foam and fabric
- It has a large phone pocket on the suspenders
- There are added carabineer hooks, hanging loops, and extra loops for carrying all tools and personal belongings
- Made of 600 dernier heavy-duty nylon
- 5 x 14 x 6 inches, it weighs 5.55 lbs.
- The belt can be purchased separately and with or without the suspenders.
- It is available in several different size options.
Features to look for in a tool belt
Because a tool belt is essential for your comfort and safety during work with tools at your job or home, you need to make sure that you have chosen the one to suit your needs.
Here are the characteristics to look for when buying a tool apron or belt.
The waist size
Obviously, you should look for a belt which can fit you comfortably. As you can see, most of the belts come with instructions about the minimum and maximum waist circumference they can fit.
When getting yourself measured, make sure that you take the measurements with the type of clothing and underwear you will be wearing the belt.
If you wear thick clothing, you should pick one with a larger size than your regular pant size.
On the other hand, buying a belt that is too large for you is a waste of money as well, so please check the instructions of the manufacturers for the sizing of their products.
Its net weight
You should definitely check out the weight of the belt or apron when it is empty so that you can calculate how much it will weigh when all of your tools and parts are in it too.
You can choose a belt made of lighter materials if you have a lot of tools or opt for one which comes with suspenders, which can help you distribute the weight from your instruments much better and will take off some of the weight from your back.
The pockets and compartments
This, too, depends on the type of work or projects you do and the number and type of instruments you usually use.
Look for a belt or apron, which has the compartments that you need for your tools, and also the loops, pouches, and other specific partitions.
Thankfully, many of the tool belts can be adjusted, and some of their pouches can be removed, moved, or more can be added.
So, you can always create your own belt for work to fit your needs accurately.
As you can see from our list, the tool belts and aprons are made of various types of materials. Most of them are synthetic, light, and breathable, but there are some made of genuine leather, canvas, and other materials.
Keep in mind that the lighter the material – the lighter the belt will be. Also, you may want to look for one with padding and breathability, and moisture-wicking features.
Comfort is especially important if you will be wearing this belt all day long, every day. Look for a belt with comfy padding that will provide support and will be more comfortable around your waist.
Most of the suspenders also come with padding and are breathable as well.
The type of belt
There are various belts and aprons, but the main ones are harnesses and waist belts. While waist belts are more universal and suitable for most professions and DIY work, the harnesses are better suited for working in elevated workspaces.
Why do you need a tool belt?
You may be required to wear a tool belt for your work, or you may simply want to make life easier when it comes time to put up a painting, paint a wall, or clean the gutters of your home.
With a good quality tool belt, you will have every tool and nail or screw you need in close and easy access.
This means that you won’t require a helper to run around and bring your tools back and forth, and you yourself won’t need to get down that ladder or go to the garage or basement to get a tool needed for every task.
How to wear it?
Apart from the fact that you should find a comfortable fit for you, the way you position your tools and other parts in your tool belt is essential, as well.
You want it to be as functional as possible and to make your job a lot easier.
This includes properly positioning the tools and instruments you use.
It is advisable that you place the most commonly used tools as closest to your range or reach as possible and also place them on the side of your dominant hand.
The tools which you don’t use that often can be placed on the other side. This will allow you to still be able to access them and share them with others easily.
When you need to work on top of a ladder or roof, make sure you strip your belt from all tools that you won’t need for the job. This will make it lighter, easier to move around in, and safer for you.
Getting padding in case your tool belt doesn’t have one is a very good idea, especially if you are planning on wearing it professionally every day.
Your back and body will thank you at the end of the day if you get a comfortable tool belt.
Remember that even though it is a tool belt, it will most likely need to be cleaned and maintained if you want to use it for longer.
If you have a leather belt, you should clean and seal it at least once or twice a year.
Synthetic belts are easier to vacuum and brush. Make sure you clean all crevices and let it air out somewhere outside.
- Top 10 Best Floor Jacks For Your Car – 2021 Review - July 15, 2021
- 6 Best Adjustable Wrenches for Daily and Professional Tasks - April 24, 2021
- Best Precision Screwdriver Sets in 2021 – Top Picks & Reviews - April 24, 2021
Last update on 2021-07-26 at 17:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API