Have you ever ended up stranded in the middle of the road with a flat tire in bad weather, in the dark, or in a dangerous neighborhood?
A good quality, efficient, and easy-to-use portable tire inflator is an indispensable tool that can actually save your life in some situations.
The top-rated Kensun AC/DC Digital tire inflator on our list of tire inflators for 2021 is just one of the tools which we strongly recommend for each and every driver.
Best Tire Inflator
We have carefully reviewed multiple tires inflating tools to come up with the list of the best tire inflators for this year for you.
We have chosen units that differ in size, functionality, power, and features and are within different budget ranges, so there is a tire inflator for just about any need on this list.
Read on to find out more about these incredibly convenient and useful tools.
The number one tire inflator for 2021 is an easy-to-use and universal inflator that can be used both at home and on the road.
The Kensun AC/DC Digital tire inflator has a nifty switch that allows you to plug it in and use it both via your 12V car cigarette lighter plug and any home power outlet of 100V.
The provided power cords are long enough to reach all of the vehicle’s tires easily.
The top-quality portable air compressor is suitable for inflating tires of cars, sedans, mid-sized SUVs, bikes, as well as for sports balls and swimming pool or beach inflatables.
The appliance is 11.8 x 4.3 x 6.7 inches in size and weighs only 5 lbs. so it is a superb portable emergency tire inflator that you can carry in your car or bike with you.
The unit is designed to be easy to use and is safe for use even for inflating more delicate items. You just need to set the desired pressure, and the air pump will apply the necessary pressure until it is reached. After that, it will shut off automatically to prevent overinflating and damaging the tire or another inflatable item.
It has a backlit LED digital display, which will allow you to set it and read it even in the middle of the night when you end up with a flat tire. The Kensun digital tire inflator also has a built-in powerful LED light, which is very useful for such emergencies as well.
The device has a powerful 120W motor made of sturdy metal, which is capable of pumping air at 30 liters per minute. This means that you will be able to inflate your tire or another item quickly and hassle-free.
The top-quality tire inflator is sold with a useful set of three different nozzle adaptors, which you can easily switch depending on your needs.
You can also convert the air pressure units from PSI to BAR or KPA, depending on your preferences, and so that you get the exact pressure level you want.
The inflator can work for a maximum of 35 minutes before it turns off to cool down, but being so fast and powerful, this time is enough to inflate your tire or another item.
Thanks to its premium quality make, this portable tire inflator by Kensun will withstand a lot of wear and tear, and you will be able to rely on it for years.
It is sold with a solid 2-year warranty by the manufacturer, at a very reasonable price for the quality and value provided.
Overall, this portable digital tire inflator is an excellent investment to make. You can use it both at home and when traveling. It is powerful and will allow you to pump your tires in a matter of a few minutes.
You will also save money from going to the gas station to get your tires pumped once you own this useful air pump.
With its emergency LED light and backlit LED display, this Kensun tire inflator can actually save your life if you end up stranded on a dark road, so it is definitely worth buying and having with you at all times.
The Viair 45043 Automatic Portable Air Compressor is a premium quality, heavy-duty portable tire inflator which will handle any type of tire anywhere.
The tire inflator works with 12 volts and connects to the vehicle battery via the dual direct battery clamps with a40 amp inline fuse, so you will need to keep the engine running if you want to power it. Of course, you can connect the air pump to any other 12V power source as well.
The maximum pressure of this high-quality tire inflator is 150PSI, thanks to its powerful gearless direct-drive motor. It has a duty cycle of 100% at 100 PSI and a 1.8 CFM output.
Its built-in pressure switch is for 120 PSI on and 145 PSI off.
The Viair air compressor comes with a complete kit of everything you will need to inflate your tires anywhere. It is sold with a deluxe zippered bag where you can keep the inflator and all added accessories.
You will also receive a gas station-style inflation gauge with an air pressure gauge of 200 PSI, a 25 ft. extension hose which has a lever chuck and a quick-connect coupler as well as a heat shield, and an 8 ft. power cable so you can reach to any tire easily.
Also, in the kit, there is a heavy aluminum sand tray that has vibration isolators, a set of dual heavy-duty clamps for direct connection to the battery, an inline fuse holder, and a set of three inflation tips, and a detailed user’s manual.
The size of the unit is 12.75 x 4 x 7 inches, and it weighs 9.75 lbs. so it is portable and can easily be stored in the car trunk for emergencies.
The top-quality tire inflator has a convenient auto-shutoff function which will switch the pump off when it is not in use. It also has overheating protection,
It also has a close-ended tire inflation gun which will allow you to get a tire pressure reading as you go without having to turn the tire inflator off.
This heavy-duty portable tire inflator can be used for all kinds of tires ranging from 33 to 42 inches in diameter.
It is suitable for both on-road and off-road vehicles.
With a powerful, easy to use and portable tire inflator like this one, you can inflate all of your tires in a matter of a few minutes. It is truly a lifesaver for any driver and will enable you to get back on the road immediately if you end up stranded with a flat tire. You can also keep an eye on the pressure readings as you pump, which will save you even more time and effort.
This may be a more expensive tire inflator, but it is sturdy, universal, and very powerful, so you will be making one of the most investments if you choose the Viair 45043.
Best budget-friendly option
If you need a tire inflator that you can keep in the trunk of your car, and which will save the day when you are stuck in the middle of the road with a flat tire, but without spending hundreds of dollars on it, then the EPAuto 12V Auto Portable Air Compressor is probably the best choice on the market.
This simple and yet efficient portable tire inflator costs less than $30 but is perfect for occasional and emergency use. It is powerful enough to inflate tires on cars, sedans, mid-sized sedans, bikes, as well as pump-up balls and inflatable toys.
The tire inflator plugs in the 12V cigarette lighter socket of the vehicle and is ready to go. It has a large and easy-to-read backlit LCD display and also features a bright emergency LED torch, which can come in handy when there is no other light source around.
You can set the pressure units to PSI, BAR, and KPA.
The maximum working pressure of the unit is 100 PSI.
The inexpensive tire inflator also has an auto shut-off function which is triggered when the desired tire pressure is reached to prevent overinflation.
It has an inline fuse holder with a standard blade fuse of 15 amps. Its power cord is 9 feet, so you can reach all tires of the car easily.
The unit can operate at temperatures from 20-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
The EPAuto tire inflator weighs a mere 2.17 lbs. and is only 8 x 5.8 x 3 inches in size, so you can literally carry it around or drive it around anywhere at all times.
It may not be as heavy-duty and powerful as our top picks, but this budget-friendly tire inflator costs under $25 and will do the job it is intended for – to help inflate your car or bike tires when you are on the road, and it will act as a powerful torch as well.
The rest of the best tire inflators for 2021
The High-Performance ARB Twin Air compressor and tire inflation kit is the most expensive one on our list, but given its impressive quality, and its ability to inflate all kinds of tires quickly and accurately, we recommend it to anyone looking for the most reliable and versatile tire inflator and an air compressor on the market.
- The custom kit includes a 12V Twin Air Compressor, a Tire inflation kit, and a Digital Tire inflator.
- The Twin Air Compressor is rated at up to 3CFM at 90PSI continuous supply, which makes it the most powerful tire inflator on our list
- The air compressor has a pneumatic supply and provides electrical control for ARB air lockers.
- It can rapidly inflate tires of all sizes.
- The Tire inflation kit includes a Japanese-made, heat resistant hose that can withstand the incredibly high air output of the compressor.
- The Tire inflation kit also includes a dust-free air chuck which will prevent dirt from getting to the enclosed bearing system.
- The Digital Tire Inflator in the kit will allow you to ensure that you inflate any tire with absolutely accurate air pressure, which will prolong the life of your tires, and will save fuel.
- The high-end tire inflator is able to fill up four 35 inch tires in less than 10 minutes.
- The size of the kit is 10 x 10 x 35 inches, and it weighs 20 lbs.
- This air compressor and tire inflator kit is made to last through a lot of use, wear, and tear and is one of the most reliable tire inflators offered on the market in 2021
If you want to buy a good quality heavy duty tire inflator suitable for truck, van, RV, or SUV tires without breaking the bank, we suggest that you check out the Tirewell 12V Heavy Duty tire inflator. It will not cost you a fortune and yet will help you pump those large tires easily and quickly. It can be used for smaller tires safely as well.
- With a maximum air pressure of 150PSI and an airflow of 2.12 CFM at 0PSI, this heavy duty unit will inflate a standard car tire completely in less than 2 minutes
- It works with 12V DC with a maximum amperage of 15A
- It comes with a plug for the car cigarette lighter, as well as battery clamps for powering it from the battery
- The air compressor is designed to lower the vibrations and the noise during use – via the four-rod design of the fuselage and the rubber feet, which will keep it in place
- The direct drive motor has two cylinders for more powerful and faster air inflation
- The compressor is quiet, efficient, stable, and easy to control
- The tire inflator is suitable for vans, SUVs, trucks, campers, RVs, MPVs, crossovers, minivans, and trailers
- It can also be used for smaller tires like those on cars, bicycles, golf carts, motorcycles, balls, inflatable toys, and others
- It comes with 3 nozzle adaptors
- The inflator has a 5m extension hose and a premium quality battery clamp which can be attached directly to the battery of your vehicle or to other 12V devices and power sources.
- The size of the compressor pump is 12.67 x 8.19 x 6.92 inches, and it weighs 8.36 lbs.
- It does need to cool off for about 15 minutes after 10 minutes of continuous use.
- The powerful tire inflator is very reasonably priced.
The Viair 88P portable air compressor is the perfect tool to ensure that your tires are properly and safely inflated at all times. You can use it for checking the tire pressure and save your hard-earned money for pressure filling at gas stations.
- This is a sturdy 12V portable air compressor
- It has a maximum working pressure of 120PSI
- It has a maximum amp draw of 20A and produces 1.47 CFM free flow at 0 PSI
- The 20 amp dual flat pin fuse is easy to reach and replace
- The unit is powered directly via the car battery with the added alligator battery clamps
- It has a twist-on tire chuck made of solid brass
- The device has a LED indicator light to let you know when it is powered on
- You can use the gauge on the compressor to check the tire pressure by switching off the unit for a moment
- It is suitable for small SUVs, trucks, ATVs, and sedans which have tires with diameters up to 33 inches
- It comes with a 10-foot power cord for easy reach
- It has a 16-foot air hose
- The tire inflator is sold with 3 different inflation tips
- The size of this compact compressor is 6.8 x 6.2 x 10.8 inches, and it weighs just 4.5 lbs.
- It comes with a reusable compact storage box.
- The unit works in temperatures from -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit
Ryobi P731 One+ 18v Dual Function Power Inflator/Deflator with Charger, Lithium-ion battery, and Pittsburgh
If you prefer the convenience of a cordless tire inflator, then one of the great options available on the market is the Ryobi P731 One+ inflator and deflator. It comes with an 18V lithium-ion battery and charger and a Pittsburgh Pencil Tire gauge which you can use for checking the pressure of your tires quickly and easily.
- This is a battery-operated tire inflator, so you can use it anywhere and at any time, without a power source available.
- The cordless functionality will allow you to move the compressor around wherever you want to without being restricted or limited by a power cord.
- It has Auto Pressure control for precise inflation
- The air compressor is very easy to use – just set the desired pressure and let the unit do its job
- It works with all Ryobi One+ 18V batteries and comes with a Lithium-Ion battery and charger
- It provides high-pressure inflation suitable for tires and small inflatables
- The high volume inflation can be used for large inflatables
- The unit comes with an on-board hose that can be wrapped around its side for easy and neat storage and portability
- It has an automatic shut off function to protect the tires and other items from being over-inflated
- The device provides precise digital pressure readings for accurate inflation of +- 1 PSI
- You can easily switch between high and low pressure
- It is sold with nozzles for high pressure as well as for high volume applications
- The cordless air compressor has two separate ports for inflation and for deflation
- The body of the unit has a nifty storage compartment for storing all accessories
- Its size is 11 x 11 x 11 inches, and it weighs 6.5 lbs.
- The included Pittsburgh Pencil Tire Gauge will allow you to check your tire pressure very easily and quickly.
The Powerbuilt 620484 is the most versatile tire inflator on our list. It can be used as a 12V tire inflator as well as a powerful 12V electric jack. With a tool like this, you will be ready for all kinds of emergency roadside tire changes.
- The unit uses the 12V power from the cigarette lighter outlet of the car to lift the vehicle and to inflate the spare tire.
- It has the capacity of raising 1 ton to a height of 5.3 to 14 inches, so you can easily remove and replace a flat tire, no matter where you happen to be
- Its onboard air compressor can top off the spare tire, so you will be ready to continue your travel in a matter of minutes.
- The tire inflator has a maximum air compression of 115 PSI
- The 12V tool has a maximum current draw of 13A and a nominal current of 10A
- It is compact and light, so you can store it in your hatch or trunk for emergencies
- The combined jack and tire inflator is 7 x 14.6 x 7.1 inches in size and weighs 10.78 lbs.
- The useful tool comes with several different needles, which you can use to inflate balls and other sports items.
- Overall, this is a great investment to make for peace of mind, especially when going on a road trip.
The Master Flow MF-1050 Tsunami is a great tool to have in your truck, SUV, RV, or any other vehicle. It is easy to set up even on the roadside and will top up or inflate just about any tire by connecting directly to your vehicle battery.
- This is a 12V tire inflator with a maximum PSI of 150
- It is powered directly from the car battery via the added 10-foot sturdy cord with alligator clips
- You don’t need to run the engine to use this air inflator
- The unit comes with a long 16-foot hose which is easily attached with an easy twist brass fitting and a quick connect type-M air fitting
- When not in use, it can be packed along with all other accessories in the added sturdy nylon bag and will fit under the truck seat or in the trunk of any vehicle
- You can also use it to inflate balls, bicycle tires, and beach or pool inflatables as well
- The inflator comes with two adaptor nozzles and a needle for ball inflation, as well as an extra fuse
- It is capable of inflating a truck tire 25-35 PSI in less than 2 minutes
- It has a continuous run time of 20 minutes and requires 20 minutes off time in between uses
- The motor is a permanently lubricated direct drive with an amperage of 30 amps and doesn’t burn the car fuses because it is powered directly by the battery
- Its air output is 3500 cubic inches
- The dimensions of the tire inflator are 11.4 x 7.9 x 9.5 inches, and it weighs 10 lbs.
This cordless tire inflator kit by Ryobi is a very useful tool that every driver should have handy in their vehicle. It is easy to set up and use anywhere and is compact and light which makes it easy to store without taking up too much space.
- The kit includes a Ryobi 18V One+ lithium-ion tire inflator, a P102 1.3A lithium-ion battery, an AC 18 Volt charger, as well as nozzle accessories and an Automotive Pencil Tire Gauge.
- It is so compact that it will fit in the tightest of spaces
- It is compatible with more than 100 of the other Ryobi 18V One+ tools
- You can check the tire pressure quickly and easily with the added Pencil Tire gauge
- It is suitable for inflating tires and small inflatable items from 0 to 150 PSI
- Thanks to its cordless design, you will not be restricted by cables and can use the tool anywhere
- The tool provides a comfortable pistol grip with an added GripZone mold for a better and more secure grip
- The large diameter of the piston makes inflation faster
- It comes with a 20-inch hose and an on-board storage clip for neat storage
- It has an easy to read pressure gauge
- The device is compatible with all other Ryobi 18 Volt One+ batteries, so you can expand its power with a bigger one.
- The kit includes 2 high-pressure nozzles and a needle for inflating balls
- The size of the tool is 11 x 7 x 11 inches, and it weighs 4.3 lbs.
The Porter-Cable tire inflator is sturdily built, powerful, and requires minimal maintenance, so you can always rely on having your own tire inflator handy whenever you need it, even if it is freezing cold outdoors.
- It can produce 2.0 SCFM at 90 PSI which minimizes its recovery time
- The compressor has a 1.5 gallon tank in an easy to carry housing thanks to its comfortable handle on top
- The sturdy housing will protect you from any heat emitted or any moving parts during use
- The unit has rubber feet and a water drain valve
- The maximum tank pressure is 150 PSI, and it will store more air allowing for longer inflation to other tool runtimes.
- The oil-free pump requires no maintenance or additional lubrication
- The motor of the unit starts easily even in cold weather
- It is sold with a 25-foot coiled hose
- It also comes with 8 added accessories, including an extra fuse and air adapters.
- Suitable for inflating all tires and sports or beach inflatables
- The size of the unit is 15.5 x 13.2 x 20.5 inches, and it weighs 20 lbs.
- It is sold with a 1-year warranty on the compressor parts
- The motor’s noise level is rated at just 79 decibels
The Slime 40026 Heavy Duty tire inflator is capable of inflating a standard car tire in just 2 minutes, and it does it quietly. This powerful tire inflator is completely safe from overinflating and damaging your tires and is easy to use on the road in your garage or driveway.
- This is a direct drive inflator that is powered directly from the vehicle battery, which allows it to provide maximum power.
- It can inflate any standard tire for about 2 minutes only
- It has two cylinders for maximum power
- There is a dial gauge in-line attached to the hose, so you can keep an eye on the tire pressure at all times.
- It has a large reach of up to 30 feet thanks to its long coiled hose and power cord.
- The compressor also has a pre-integrated powerful LED light so you can use it as an emergency light or for seeing what you are doing when having to replace or inflate a tire in the middle of the night.
- The compressor has an internal thermal break which will protect it from overheating.
- It has shock-proof housing.
- The tool has a quick twist connect air hose for fast and easy operation
- It comes with additional air adapters and a needle for inflating balls, rafts, or other inflatable items
- It is sold with a rugged and convenient carrying case which you can use to fit all accessories
- The inflator is TPMS safe, so your tire sensors will not be damaged
- The tool has a foldable aluminum handle for easier portability
- The size of the unit is 12 x 9.1 x 6.5 inches, and it weighs 0.8 oz.
Features and tips for buying a tire inflator
Because there are so many different types of tire inflators and air compressors on the market, choosing the one for your needs could be very time consuming and tricky.
Here are some basic tips, as well as the features to look for before purchasing the tire inflator for your specific needs.
What is a portable tire inflator?
Unlike the massive air compressors used at the gas stations, on construction sites, and for other industrial, professional or emergency needs, the portable tire inflators are small, compact and easy to carry in the car or another vehicle.
Unlike the larger air compressors, the portable ones compress the air first before delivering the pressure needed for inflating tires or other inflatables. They do so quickly and easily. And they can be used anywhere, even on the road.
The good quality tire inflators like the ones we have picked for you are a combination of a compact size, ease of use, safety, and efficiency for inflating tires.
The features to look for when buying a tire inflator
These tools come in various sizes and types and have different features, specifications, use different power sources. All of them pressurize the air before it is delivered to the tire or other item via the hose.
The object of each of these devices is to get you back on the road as easily and as quickly as possible.
Having a reliable tier inflator is essential if you want to have peace of mind that you have a quick solution in case of a flat tire in the middle of the road.
In fact, a tool like this can actually save your life, in some extreme cases of emergency on the road.
This is why you should choose a tool that has the features which will be useful for your needs and for your specific type of tires or other inflatables.
You may also want to look for a tire inflator that has some additional features which can come in handy like an emergency light, a backlit screen, and automatic cut off function to protect your tires and others.
Here are the features which are essential for all portable tire inflators:
Automatic shut off function
This allows you to set the desired or recommended PSI before inflating the tire or another item, and then letting the tool do its job of inflating it. With a feature like this, the inflator will stop delivering air as soon as the desired PSI has been reached. Needless to say, this is a very useful function not only because you don’t have to monitor the process closely, but also because it can save your tires from being over-inflated and damaged.
An accurate and easy to read gauge
In order to ensure that your tires are properly inflated, you will need a tool that can measure the pressure accurately. Many of the tire inflators we have picked have very accurate digital backlit LCD displays where you can monitor the reading and set the desired pressure easily and precisely.
The power source
Many tire inflators are powered via the car’s cigarette lighter port, which is useful when you are on the road and you need to top up or inflate a tire. Some of the more powerful air compressors are powered directly by the battery of the vehicle, which allows them to work faster without blowing fuses in your car. There are some cordless tire inflators on our list, which are useful if you want to be able to inflate your tire or another item without the hassle of having to connect the tool to a power source. Of course, battery-operated tire inflators rely on batteries, so you need to make sure that you have an extra battery or that you charge it every time before you go on a trip.
Built-in emergency and other lights
Many of our top picks have built-in LED torches and lights. These are especially useful when you need to check or pump the tires of your car in the middle of the night on a dark road. They can also be used as emergency lights if your car breaks down or you have an accident, in order to let you be seen by others and to keep you safe.
The added nozzle attachments
Our top choices for the best tire inflator for 2021 come with different extra nozzles and adaptors. Check out which types of nozzles you will need before purchasing your tire inflator. The more adapters the tool has, the more versatile it is, so it is a good idea to choose one with a wider choice of added adapters and nozzles.
Portability, size, and storage
One of the main features to look for in a portable tire inflator is its size and weight, especially if you are planning on carrying it with you in the trunk or under the seat of your car, truck or another vehicle.
Choose a tool that can easily fit in the space you have allocated for it, and which will not take up too much space for your other luggage and belongings.
The tire inflation time
Look for an inflator which will save you time and energy when on the road or anywhere else. Choose a tool that is capable of inflating the tires you will be using it for as quickly and as safely as possible.
This is a recommendation for all of you who are not willing to waste precious time waiting for a slow pumping unit to fix your tire or to inflate another item.
In some cases, like if you get a flat tire in extreme weather conditions, or you happen to be in a dangerous place, a fast tire inflator can actually save your life and protect your health.
Its capacity for pumping different types of tires
Naturally, you will want to invest in a tool capable of inflating the kind of tires you are planning to use it for. Some of the portable tire inflators are heavy duty and have a capacity to inflate larger tires, like those on trucks, SUVs, RVs, Vans, and others, while others are less powerful, and can only handle car, small SUV and other smaller tires.
In order to be able to handle larger truck tires, the inflator should have at least 150 PSI and an airflow of 2.3 CFM.
So, make sure you check this essential feature before buying a tire inflator.
The recovery time
Check out the duty cycle of the tire inflator before buying it. This is the time that it requires to cool down before the next inflation use. The longer this cycle, the longer you will have to wait if you need to inflate more tires or other larger inflatables.
Of course, if possible, choose a tire inflator that has a shorter duty cycle. This will save you time and frustration when you get to use it.
The ease of use
Before you purchase a new tire inflator, it is essential to understand how to properly use it. This will ensure the safety of your tires, your own safety, and will prolong the life of the inflator too. Look for an inflator type that you are familiar with or one with a detailed user’s manual.
Tips for using your tire inflator
Usually, using a tire inflator is pretty simple, especially if it has an auto shut off function. In this case, it will do most of the work, and all you will need to do is set the desired pressure, and connect the tool to a power source and to the tire.
Here are some additional tips which will allow you to use your tire inflator more efficiently:
- Use a tire chuck. This is a small-sized tool that attaches between the valve of the tire and the nozzle of the air hose. It depresses the valve switch and allows the air to flow in and out of the tire. Check whether your tire inflator comes with one, and always have it with you in your tire inflator kit.
- Keep your tire inflator tool dry. Even though portable tire inflators are relatively simple and sturdy tools that do not require too much maintenance, you still want to keep your tool dry. Allowing it to get wet or damp may lead to it getting shorted during operation. Moisture can also cause the metal screws inside the unit to rust and get fused together.
- Monitor the pressure. Even if your tire inflator has an automatic shut off function, it makes sense to keep an eye on that pressure gauge anyway. This is especially important if the desired PSI is close to the highest capacity of your tire inflator.
What is PSI and why is it so important?
PSI stands for “Pounds per Square Inch”. This is the standard unit used to measure the air pressure in space. In vehicles, PSI is a unit for the pressure inflated into the tires.
Overinflation can damage the tires, and under-inflation can be equally damaging because it can cause the rubber to gradually dry out and crack.
So, it is essential that you keep your tires properly inflated in order to prevent damage, and in order to prolong their longevity.
More importantly, properly inflated tires will ensure a better grip on the road surface and will ensure that you stop in time in cases of emergency, so they are essential for your safety and wellbeing as well.
Overinflated tires will make your ride rougher and at a greater risk of being damaged by potholes or other obstacles on the road.
Adequately inflate tires also can increase the gas mileage of your vehicle by 0.6 up to 6 percent. Underinflated ones will decrease it by about 0.2%. So keeping your tires properly inflated will also help you save money for gas, as well as for new tires.
Every 3 PSI below the recommended leads to the use of 1% more fuel, as well as to 10% of tire wear.
The recommended tire pressure in nearly all vehicles is indicated on a sticker on the side doorjamb of the driver’s door. It should be provided in the car’s user and service manual as well.
But you need to keep in mind that the car or other vehicle will be also carrying fuel, you, other passengers and loads as well. This adds to the overall weight and affects the tires as well.
Also, the recommended PSI is for cold tires, so make sure you measure the pressure only after letting them cool down for 30 minutes or more after driving.
Measure the tire pressure of all tires several times, to make sure that they are properly and evenly inflated.
A good rule of the thumb to follow is to take the recommended PSI into account and then subtract 10% from it, giving the tires more room to carry some more weight, especially if you drive with a lot of people and luggage in the car.
Most modern cars and vehicles have a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) but it will warn you when the tire pressure is dangerously below the recommended level (25%). This is why you should check your tire pressure every fortnight to be on the safe side.
Hopefully, you have been able to pinpoint the perfect tire inflator for your needs from our list. All of the tools we have chosen have been thoroughly tested and reviewed, and we can guarantee that they can do the job they have been made for when needed.
Having a reliable and efficient tire inflator can be a lifesaver, so make sure you pick out one which you can always have handy in case of emergencies, or whenever you need to check and top up your tires on the road.
With a good quality tire inflator like the ones on our list, you can have peace of mind that you are always covered and that you won’t need to spend money for air compression at gas stations anymore.
Plus, you can use most of these useful tools for inflating balls, sports goods and inflatable toys and accessories as well, which is another time-saver.
So, good luck with your purchase, and safe driving!
- Tire Inflators or Air Compressors: What is the difference
- The Importance Of Proper Tire Inflation | AAA Automotive
- How Important is Tire Pressure? – The Car Doctor Blog
- The Benefits of Having a Good Portable Tire Inflator
- 5 Benefits of a Portable Air Compressor | Max-Air
- How to Check Air Pressure in Tires: 9 Steps
- 6 Best Adjustable Wrenches for Daily and Professional Tasks - April 24, 2021
- Best Precision Screwdriver Sets in 2021 – Top Picks & Reviews - April 24, 2021
- 6 Best Table Saw Under $200 in 2021 – Reviews - April 24, 2021