It’s important to take control of the environment you are living in, and the weather inside your home is one of the most tangible factors contributing to a good environment. Regardless of the weather, it is common for the air inside your home – be it your bedroom or bathroom – to feel sticky and humid, especially if you do not have proper ventilation outlets. This is because of the high level of moisture that’s present in the air that also encourages the growth of mold on the walls and ceilings. You constantly feel sweaty and just staying inside the room might become a challenge!
In such a case, a small humidifier is your lifesaver. It is, indeed, the solution to all your humidity woes. What it does is that it extracts the moisture from the air inside the room, in the process of removing the dampness in areas like bathrooms and basements. The best small dehumidifier is designed to absorb this sticky, muggy air and release non-humid, fresh air back to the room. This is done through a powerful fan that converts and condenses the humid air into water droplets. The final air released is pure and cooler that doesn’t let your clothes stick to your skin. Additionally, it also prevents the growth of bacteria in the form of mold or mildew, thus preventing allergies and infections.
The best small dehumidifier is portable enough to be easily carried from one place of installation to the other and can be placed in cramped spaces as well, like a hostel room or a bathroom. It is important to keep certain factors in mind while deciding which is the best small humidifier according to your needs, such as how much air does it process in an hour, how loud it is (especially important if you are a light sleeper), the cost of the appliance, how easy it is to operate, how small it really is and many more.
Without much further ado, let’s take a look at some of the best small humidifiers for every need that are available for purchase in the market currently.
Top 5 Small Dehumidifiers
Let’s take a look at the top 5 small dehumidifiers available in the market right now. This guide will tell you everything about the best small dehumidifiers, how to decide which is apt for you and the factors to be taken into consideration while buying a small dehumidifier. We have made it extremely easy for you, so, just sit back and read through to know everything about buying the best small dehumidifier.
- Best Overall Small Dehumidifier – WOHOME Portable Dehumidifier – WOHOME Portable dehumidifier is the best small humidifier overall. It transforms the damp and sticky air in your home – be it your bathroom, kitchen, garage, basement, RV, small office – into fresh, cool air. It has a capacity of collecting 300 ml per day and removes about 80% moisture in an hour.
- Best Budget Small Dehumidifier – Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier – This small dehumidifier does not need any cords or batteries to be used. It can be recharged by using a charger that comes along with the product. It uses desiccated silica gel to extract moisture from the air and prevent mold from growing in damp areas. It can be used in extremely small spaces too, like a guitar case.
- Best Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom – Jese Small Dehumidifier – This is the best pick for a small dehumidifier for your bathroom. It is extremely quiet and powerful. It removes about 9oz of moisture per day from the air and has the water tank capacity of 18 oz. It is also energy efficient since it automatically shuts down when the tank is full.
- Best Portable Small Dehumidifier – KEDSUM Electric Mini Dehumidifier – This is easily one of the lightest small humidifiers in the market. It is extremely feasible to carry it from one place to another. Ultra light-weight, it can remove up to 250 ml of moisture daily from compact rooms. It also shuts down automatically once the water tank has reached its limit, thus emphasising on its safety.
- Best Advanced Small Dehumidifier – Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier – This small humidifier is lightweight and compact and yet it packs a whole lot of power. It has the water tank capacity of 52 ounces, one of the largest there is in small humidifiers and is capable of removing up to 18 ounces of moisture from the air every day. It also comes with an automatic shut off function.
Best Overall Small Dehumidifier
WOHOME Portable Dehumidifier is a compact and durable small humidifier that performs as well as it looks. It is extremely quiet in its functioning and is perfect for areas like bedrooms, bathrooms and other small spaces. It has a water tank capacity of 550 ml and after this limit is reached it gets shut off automatically, saving energy and power. This small dehumidifier can remove 300 ml of moisture from the air every day.
- Weighs 1.2 kg
- Collection capacity of 300 ml per day (maximum) at 30 °C, 80% RH
- Water tank capacity of 550 ml
- Works well in an area of 6㎡/66 sq ft to 20㎡/215 sq ft
- Automatically shuts down when the water tank capacity is reached
- Operates at a level of 40 decibels
- It works well in all environments, including garages, bedrooms, bathrooms, RVs, etc.
- It is highly compact and powerful for its size
- Energy-efficient, since it automatically shuts down when the water tank capacity is reached
- Has an attractive, sophisticated outer appearance
- Comes with a 12-month warranty and 3-month unconditional replacement and return policy
- Ultra-quiet, operating at below 40 decibels, therefore, maintains a quiet environment
- Needs frequent emptying of the water tray
Best Budget Small Dehumidifier
Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier is as compact as they come and is the best small humidifier in terms of affordability. It is small enough that it can fit anywhere, almost the size of a car radio and is extremely portable. It can be placed almost anywhere, including inside a vehicle or in a shed. The humidifier is wireless, which means that you need to plug it in to use it.
- The product dimensions – 9 x 8.2 x 2.9 inches.
- The humidifier weighs 15.8 ounces.
- Absorbs moisture from a maximum area of 10 x 10.
- Works on the concept of adsorption. It adsorbs about 8 to 10 ounces of moisture in 2-3 weeks.
- Uses a specialized engineered crystallized silica gel that changes its color from blue to pink when the tank is saturated.
- Does not use any cords or power to function.
- Extremely compact; can fit in a garden shed, a locker, on a refrigerator top, a closet, etc.
- The best small humidifier in low budget
- Does not need to be plugged in to use and hence, saves energy
- Can be used in any area for adsorption
- Does not remove a lot of moisture compared to other small dehumidifiers
- Not many people find the dehumidification up to their satisfaction
Best Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom
JESE Small Humidifier is considered the best small humidifier for bathrooms. It is an easy-to-use device that has a white plastic body. This humidifier can extract up to 9ox of moisture per day and has the water tank capacity of 180z. It works well in all areas including bathrooms, bedrooms, RVs and more such small areas. The air it finally releases back in the room is sterilized, which prevents allergies and mold infections. It is super quiet and automatically turns off once the water tank reaches its limit.
- Compact and portable in size
- Can remove up to 9oz water per day
- Covers a space up to 1,800 cubic feet or 220 square feet
- Needs a temperature between 59F-95F and humidity between 40-90%
- Dimensions of the humidifier are 5.9 x 4.3 x 8.7 inches
- Weights 3.22 pounds
- Simple to operate and handle
- Saves energy by using extremely low power
- Removable water tank
- Does not make a lot of noise, hums at 30 decibels
- One month free trial
- Two-year warranty on accessories
- Does not work well in high humidity
- Temperature and humidity requirements need to be met before use
Best Portable Small Dehumidifier
KESDUM Mini Dehumidifier is the best portable small dehumidifier out there. It works in an area of about 150 square feet and is suitable for functioning in any small area, including a bedroom, a bathroom, a basement or a kitchen. It is excellent at removing moisture from the air and releasing back pure and fresh air in the room. Its lightweight and compact body make it highly portable.
- Works in rooms with an area of up to 1200 cubic feet or 150 square feet
- Can extract up to 250 ml moisture per day
- Has a water tank capacity of 500 ml
- Uses Thermo-Electric Cooling (Peltier) technology which doesn’t need a compressor
- Weighs 2.6 pounds and measures 6 x 5 x 8.6 inches
- The Peltier technology ensures it’s extremely noiseless and blends into the background
- Large water tank capacity compared to a lot of other small humidifiers
- Energy efficient as the unit turns off when the water tank is full
- Extremely lightweight, therefore, can be easily transported from one place to another
- LED indicator to guide you when the water tank is full
- Slightly pricier than other small dehumidifiers
- Range of area might be small for some people
Best Advanced Small Dehumidifier
This small humidifier is the best advanced small dehumidifier and comes with power-packed features. It efficiently lowers the humidity in the air through its moisture removing technology. It can cover an area of 220 square feet and remove about 18 ounces of water every day. It is simple to operate and only requires plugging in. It can be used in multiple places like an RV, bedroom, bathroom, closet, kitchen, basement, etc.
- Has a water tank capacity of 52 ounces or about 1,500 ml
- Covers a surface area of about 220 square feet
- Can remove 18 ounces or around 230ml of water every day from the air
- Uses Peltier technology
- Used in temperature above 59F
- Automatically turns off when the tank is full
- Incredibly large water tank compared to other small dehumidifiers
- Ultra-quiet since it doesn’t use compressors
- Energy efficient since the unit turns off automatically when the water tank reaches its capacity
- Ideal for multiple places like the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, wardrobe, etc.
- Simple to operate
- Priced much higher than other small humidifiers
Factors to Consider before Buying a Small Humidifier
There are several factors that need to be kept in mind while deciding which small humidifier to buy. The call depends on your requirements as well as the features of the small humidifier. Let’s take a look at some of the factors to consider before making the choice:
Weight of the Item
Most of the best small humidifiers boast of being lightweight. Most of the ones listed in this article as well weigh less than 3 pounds. The lighter and compact the small humidifier is, the easier it is to transport it from one place to another. The smaller size also ensures that they can be placed in small areas like a closet or a wardrobe.
The Area Covered
The area covered by a small humidifier is as important as its size. Though, the purpose of a small dehumidifier is to cover small spaces so that they can work efficiently. The smaller the area you are aiming to cover, the better your product will perform. On average, a good small dehumidifier should cover about 200 square feet of area.
The higher the capacity, the less frequently will the water tank will need to be emptied and put back again. The water tank capacity depends on the size of the small dehumidifier. For areas that are slightly larger and not accessed frequently, it’s a good idea to buy a small dehumidifier with a large water tank capacity.
Amount of Moisture Removed
This is undoubtedly one of the most important factors since this is the reason why you are buying a small dehumidifier. The dehumidification performance of the unit can decide whether it serves your purpose or not. Efficient small dehumidifiers hold the ability to remove about 80% of moisture from the air within an hour while the ones that are extremely small in size and use silica gel can take multiple weeks to remove just a fraction of that quantity.
There are other factors too that need to be considered while buying a small dehumidifier. For instance, how much noise it makes can be a deal breaker for a lot of people since it shakes the peace of the environment. It should also be simple to operate and come without a lot of hassles. The warranty and guarantee on the spare parts can also be a big factor while making the final decision.
Maintaining the Small Dehumidifier
Maintaining a small dehumidifier is important to extend its shelf life and keep it working at its utmost capacity. Bear the following points in mind to maintain your small dehumidifier.
The water tank, as soon as it becomes full, needs to be emptied to prevent the origin of any bacteria or mold inside the small dehumidifier. The water collected is stale and is the optimal breeding ground for various bacteria that can lead to allergies and infections for people around.
Maintain the filters
Depending on your manufacturer, the filters of your small dehumidifier might need regular changing to ensure the effectiveness of the product and that it keeps absorbing the moisture as it should.
Adjust the Humidity Level
It’s important to adjust the humidistat to ensure that only the amount of moisture that’s necessary gets removed from the air. The ideal room humidity should remain between 45-50%. Going extreme either way can result in either extremely dry air or simply way too much humidity.
Frequently Asked Questions about Small Humidifiers
To make this buying guide complete, we have listed below some of the most commonly asked questions about small dehumidifiers. Take a look before finally buying a small dehumidifier for your home or workplace or any other area.
Is the Small Humidifier Safe to Use?
Considering all safety precautions are taken, dehumidifiers are absolutely safe to use. If your small dehumidifier has cords or cables along with it, make sure that the unit is placed far out of reach of children and pets running out to avoid an accident. Change the water in the water tank frequently to prevent any bacteria from germinating.
How Often Should the Water Tank Be Emptied?
Most of the modern small dehumidifiers come with an automatic turn-off function that avoids spillage of water when the tank is over. This means that it might be possible that you don’t realize when the water tank is full. Be careful to notice the indicator light that turns up when it is time to empty the water tray and you should be good to go.
Does It Pose Risk of Causing a Skin Allergy?
When the humidity is too low in the room, it can cause way too much dryness of skin and pose some harm in the form of skin allergies as well as other health problems. However, as long as the humidistat is adjusted to be maintained at the optimum level, there is no risk of any skin or health problems.
As we have seen, small dehumidifiers can be lifesavers when it comes to keeping the humidity in enclosed spaces at the optimum level. There are a lot of options available in the market. We have listed the best small dehumidifiers here. Based on your requirements and budget, you need to decide which one of them is best suited for you to buy. Do consider the factors listed above before buying and you’ll be golden!
Last update on 2020-05-31 at 19:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API