Vacuuming and mopping your home are tasks that simply add up to your already overburdened weekly “to do” list and whether you clean your floor on a daily or a weekly basis, there is no denying that the task is time consuming. Most people don’t have the time to clean the floors of their home daily and if you wait until the weekend to do the cleaning, you will find that it takes a really long time to remove all the dirt and grime that has collected over the week.
So, how to make time for vacuuming and mopping, apart from all your other chores? This is where a robot vacuum cleaner and mop can make your life much easier. This precious little device can take care of all your cleaning and mopping duties, letting you take care of your other chores, spend time with your family and kids or simply sit back and relax.
Top 5 Reviews of the Robot Mop
- Best Overall — Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner: This a practical appliance which not only mops but also vacuums and sweeps.
- Best Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo — bObsweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop: Apart from regular cleaning, the attractive looking robot mop has a HEPA filter and it can also UV sterilize your home.
- Best Budget Pick — iLife V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner: This elegant robot mop has scheduled cleaning, IR remote with LCD display, 3 cleaning routes at a very affordable cost.
- Best for All Types of Floors — iRobot Braava Jet 240 Superior Robot Mop: This basic appliance offers damp and wet mopping and dry sweeping and delivers best results on hard floors.
- Best Features — Proscenic 790T Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: The robot mop offers high-end features that provide excellent cleaning.
The Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum and Mop is very versatile and has powerful suction, excellent mapping and navigation features, decent mopping functionality and a long battery life. The Smart Sensor technology makes it among the best robot mops in its category. The laser guidance technology, on the other hand, enables the robot mop to map out the room, plan schedules and routes, avoid obstacles, prevent missing any spots while cleaning and avoid falling down the stairs. The robot mop can cross over things which are less than 2cm in height and can also self-recharge. The slim and sleek Roborock S5 works well on a variety of different floorings, be it carpets, wood, vinyl, stone or laminate.
- Synchronous sweeping and mopping
- Can be controlled using the Mi Home App
- 2000 Pa suction
- Multi-mode system – Quiet, Carpet, Balanced, Mopping, Max and Turbo
- Compatible with iOS, Android and supports Alexa voice control
- 5200mAh battery capacity
- 150 minutes of working on a single charge
- 12-month warranty
- Can sweep, vacuum and mop
- Can be controlled manually or you can be controlled via the smartphone app
- Versatile and works well on different floor types
- Performs zoned cleaning
- Has a small dustbin that needs to be emptied often
- The app is difficult to use
The bObsweep PetHair Plus may be a good option if you’re looking for a good robot vacuum and mop combo. The robot mop has a powerful motor that delivers ample suction. The robot cleaner has among the largest coverage areas of any robot mops on the market. When the robot mop runs out of charge, it will return to its dock automatically to recharge. The bObsweep cleans very well, thanks to the UV lamp attached to the bottom of the device, which also helps to remove any germs on the floor, leaving your floor absolutely clean.
- 4x boosted TurboLift suction
- 1,100 ml dustbin
- Extra-long main brush
- Dual filter
- FullCommand remote
- blOck Plus
- UV light sterilization
- Schedule automatic cleaning for up to 7 days
- 2-year limited warranty
- US-based customer support
- Sweeps, vacuums and mops.
- Large dustbin that allows the cleaner to collect all types of dirt and debris easily.
- Good for cleaning different floor types.
- Can be controlled with a remote.
- blOck Plus technology extends 2 visible walls and keeps the robot mop within the desired areas.
- Can be quite noisy.
- Large profile of the cleaner makes it get stuck to objects often.
The iLife V5s robot mop is not only very easy to use, but it is also extremely budget friendly too. It has a long runtime and huge coverage area, making the robot vacuum one of the most efficient models out there. The iLife V5s is a very smart device and it has 3 cleaning routes which ensure that no spot is missed and if the battery runs low, it returns to its docking station to recharge. The robot mop has a large dustbin, which eliminates the need to empty it out often. The robot mop also has a water tank that you need to refill once in a while.
- Powerful motor with Max mode
- Slim, lightweight design
- Smart sensors
- Automatic recharge
- Advanced i-dropping technology
- Larger road-rover wheels
- Self-rescue technology
- Versatile vacuum robot can sweep, vacuum and mop.
- Good for cleaning hard floors such as hardwood, vinyl, tile, laminate, stone, etc.
- Enhanced battery life gives around 140 minutes on a single charge.
- Goes over uneven floors effortlessly.
- The water tank is difficult to fill.
- The robot mop may miss spots in larger areas.
The Braava Jet 240 from iRobot is a compact and small vacuum robot that is ideal for tight spaces. The robot vacuum mop works very well on hardwood floors and it can be used both for sweeping, as well as mopping. The iRobot Braava Jet 240 is a lightweight machine and the setup of the robot mop is very easy. The machine has sensors that help it to navigate around and under objects and furniture and also prevents it from falling down the stairs or running into obstacles. Once the cleaning is completed, you need to remove the battery and charge it.
- Precision jet spray
- Vibrating cleaning head
- systematic cleaning pattern
- Automatic cleaning mode selection
- Maximized-edge design
- Pad eject button
- Virtual wall mode
- Different cleaning modes – damp mopping, wet mopping and dry sweeping.
- Excellent for hard-to-reach spaces and corners.
- Cleaning pads are very easy to change.
- The jet spray helps to clean tough stains.
- Coverage area is quite small.
- The battery must be charged manually.
- Runtime is rather short.
The Proscenic 790T robot vacuum cleaner is an excellent cleaner that offers strong suction and good cleaning performance and gets rid of the dust and dirt in your home efficiently. The robot mop offers features that can usually be found in high-end models such as daily scheduling and mop mode. You can control the robot cleaner via the app on your smartphone or it can also be voice controlled via your Alexa. The automatic navigation ensures that the robot mop follows a proper cleaning pattern and it will even clean around and under your beds, sofas, etc.
- Automatic navigation
- 1500 Pa motor
- Ultrasonic radar detection
- Cross over 0.4” tall obstacles and 25o slope
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- 3-in-1 cleaner — can vacuum, sweep and mop.
- Multiple-control points — smartphone app, remote control, Alexa voice support and self-button.
- Automatically returns to the dock to charge when the battery is low.
- The battery life is quite decent.
- The navigation system may get confused sometimes.
- No virtual walls.
Robot Mop Buying Guide
How Do Robot Mops Work?
Robot vacuum mops come with a few more features and functions than robot vacuums. Robot mops usually have 2 containers, one is the dustbin, which any robot vacuum cleaner has and the other holds water for wet mopping. Robot mops also have an absorbent mop pad. There is a button that lets you switch between the vacuum and mopping functions; however, some models can detect the type of floor automatically and clean accordingly.
Most of the robot mops work through a random algorithm which allows them to go through the room in a pattern a few times until the robot mop understands and learns the layout of the room and this enables the mop to understand where there are obstacles and how it can avoid them to clean your room properly.
Why Should You Buy a Robot Mop?
A robot mop is a very convenient appliance that can help to clean your home. You can cut down the dirt build-up on your floors significantly by running the robot mop every day. With the robot mop at hand, you can get rid of your vacuum cleaner, bucket and mop that are lying in your hallway closet, because an all-in-one robot vacuum-mop combo offers all you need to clean your home in a single appliance.
Manual Vacuums vs Robot Vacuums
While the purpose of a manual vacuum cleaner and a robot vacuum is the same, i.e. cleaning, both have their differences. Probably the main consideration that can drive you to buy a robot vacuum is how much you like vacuuming. If you don’t like the job and think that it is a cumbersome chore, then a robot vacuum is a great option. If you have thick pile carpets, then the old-fashioned vacuum cleaner may do a better job of cleaning, whereas if you have a flat surface floor or thin rugs and carpets, then a robot vacuum can do a good job of cleaning.
Robot vacuums can only clean floors, while you can use the manual vacuum cleaner to clean your floors, stairs, curtains, upholstery, etc. Robot vacuums are more energy efficient when compared to manual ones. Robot vacuums are more expensive than a regular vacuum cleaner, but they are compact, have many automated features and their low profiles enable them to glide and clean under furniture easily.
Things to Consider before Investing in a Robot Mop
Size of the Room
Think about how big your rooms are that require mopping. If your home is large, then you will need a robot mop equipped with a large water tank so that you do not have to refill water in the tank frequently when the robot is cleaning.
Look for a robot mop that offers sufficient battery life for larger homes and spaces. Most of the robot mops can clean for 1 hour at least before they must be recharged. If the space to mop is very large, opt for an appliance with longer battery life. Most of the robot mops usually return to their charging docks automatically to recharge when they detect low battery.
If you plan to let your robot mop clean your home during the day when you’re not at home, then the noise level of the appliance may not be a cause of concern. However, if you run the appliance when you’re present at home, then the noise produced by the device should be at a comfortable level. And, if you’re planning to clean at night, then you should choose the quietest robot mop so that you’re not disturbed by it.
If you want to schedule the time for mopping, then choose a robot mop that lets you pick the time and/or the day for the robot to clean your home. Some models only let you pick the time and the appliance will then clean your home at the same time every day. Other high-end models offer greater flexibility and allow custom scheduling.
Many robot mops offer the option of smart navigation where the appliance can avoid bumping into obstacles, carpets, furniture, etc. and clean around or under it. And, they also have sensors that prevent them from falling down the stairs.
While this may not be a general rule, usually, more expensive robot mops tend to be of a higher quality when compared to budget models. Usually, expensive models have more features and can work without supervision. While the cleaning of all models is almost the same, the expensive models can clean more intelligently than the cheaper ones. If you are away from your home during the day and you want a robot mop that can clean efficiently without getting lost or stuck, then it is better to opt for an expensive unit.
Robot Mops – Dos and Don’ts
- Before you mop the floor, vacuum it, this way your floor will be cleaner.
- Safeguard all the items. Usually, the robot mop is equipped with an obstacle bumper, which will prevent it from bumping into your furniture and other items; however, if you have items that are precariously placed, then you may want to prevent the mop from hitting them.
- Inspect the robot mop regularly and for the models that are vacuum enabled, clean the brushes and filters and replace the filters frequently.
- Don’t forget to remove objects and loose wires and cables from the floor because the objects and wires can get damaged.
- Don’t forget to clean the dusty sensors regularly.
Can the robot mop be run when I am not at home?
The robot mop will require less supervision if you’re dry mopping; however, for wet or damp mopping, you will need to be present to refill the water tank and if the device does not have a tank, then the mop pad needs to be re-wet if it gets dry. Depending on the navigation capability of the robot mop, if the model is a multi-functional one, then it can be left alone, as long as it has a clear path to move around.
Should I always be nearby while the robot mop is functioning?
There is no need to monitor the robot mop closely because they have inbuilt sensors which let them avoid any obstacles that may get in their way such as toys, furniture, stairs, etc. The sensors prevent the robot mop from crashing into walls, furniture, toys, etc. and also falling down the stairs.
What is the maintenance involved in owning a robot mop?
The maintenance of the robot mop is almost the same as for any appliance. The mop pad must be washed or replaced when it gets dirty. The water tank must be cleaned regularly. If the appliance is a multi-functional one, then the vacuum filters must be cleaned and replaced once every few months and the vacuum brushes must be cleaned too. The sensors of the robot mop should be checked and cleaned to prevent collisions or falls.
More than being a necessity, a decade ago, robot cleaners were more of a novelty. These robot cleaners would run around the room and clean it, but usually, large areas would get missed, they would run out of battery quickly or get stuck, leaving the job incomplete. However, today, robot mop technology has become quite advanced and they are as effective as using a bucket of water and a mop. Now, you can choose the best robot mop, thanks to our reviews and buying guide and buy the best one for your home to keep it spick and span at all times!
Last update on 2020-02-24 at 14:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API