Are you tired of having to pay hundreds of dollars to go to the gym? Or you prefer to work out in private and in the comfort of your own home?
A good quality pull-up tower like the top-rated Powertec Fitness Basic Trainer can help you build those muscles, strengthen your abs, triceps, back, shoulders and arms, and tone your body while following your own exercise program.
Best Pull Up Tower
A power tower is an excellent option for home use because it combines the workout stations of several gym machines all in one. This means you will need less space for your workout equipment, and also that you will need to pay less for a single workout tool, rather than for several.
Here is a list of the top pull-up towers for this year.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly push-up tower, then this affordable option from Body Champ could be the best option for you.
It has various non-slip handles and is padded with thick cushions for safety and comfort. You can perform push-ups, dips, pull-ups and chin-ups on it.
It has a D-shaped frame of 58.5 x 46.5 x 83 inches in size and weighs 88 lbs.
The reasonably priced pull-up tower is suitable for lighter users of up to 250 lbs. and for light home workouts.
- Available at a very affordable price
- It weighs just 88 lbs. so it is easy to move and fit in an average home
- The frame is made of steel, with a D-shaped base for stability
- Heavy-duty cushioning, as well as non-slip grips on the handles
- Easy to assemble
- It has protective feet to keep your floor undamaged
- Suitable only for people under 250 lbs.
The Body Champ VKR1010 Power Tower is a perfect option for newbies and aspiring bodybuilders who want an inexpensive and yet reliable home workout station.
It can endure a weight of up to 250 lbs. and is very easy to assemble.
You can use it for all of the basic exercises for strengthening the abs, upper body, triceps, and chest.
This Power Tower by Fitness Reality is another heavy-duty home training tool that will withstand the daily strenuous exercising of people who weigh up to 400 lbs.
It is very sturdily built and has multiple grip options so you can strengthen all of your muscles on the back, arms, and chest.
You can do the following exercises with this owner – incline push-ups, vertical knee raises, hammer pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, progressive pull-ups, assisted dips, dips and others.
There are two handles with padded foam rollers which can be adjusted to 7 different mounting positions.
There is also a 3-position adjustable dip station for workout out those biceps, and a multi-grip chin-up and pull-up station.
- A weight capacity of up to 400 lbs.
- Ergonomic 3 inch angled back for efficient and comfortable knee and leg lifting exercises
- Multiple adjustable handgrips and handles for all of the exercises you want to complete
- A push-up station with multiple grips
- 2-inch thick dip handles
- A stability beam that can be adjusted
- Step support
- 25-inch thick padded forearm cushions
- Size of 63.4 x 49 x 83 inches, and a weight of 150 lbs.
- 10-year warranty on the frame, 3 years for the parts
- It is on the pricy side
This is another professional push-up tower that will allow you to build the muscle and body you want in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
It will withstand a weight of up to 400 lbs. and comes with a 10-year warranty.
It is a perfect choice for tall and large athletes.
Best budget-friendly option
The K KingKang Power Tower is another affordable piece of equipment to add to your home gym.
It is multifunctional and can be used for pull-ups, push-ups, leg push-ups, forearm exercises, and more.
The tower is sturdy, with an ergonomic design, and a stable U-shaped base to keep it in place during your workouts.
It has a maximum weight capacity of up to 330 lbs.
- U-shaped sturdy steel base and frame for stability
- Non-slip suction cups for the feet
- An ergonomic back cushion of 11.8 x 8.6 inches
- Padded forearm rests of 7.8 x 3.5 inches
- The size of the power tower is 51.2 x 35.4 x 65-92.52 inches
- It weighs 60.7 lbs.
- Adjustable height to 6 positions
- A multi-grip pull-up bar
- Push-up handles
- A two-tier dumbbell rack
- A weight capacity of up to 330 lbs.
- All tools needed for assembly are included in the box
- Affordably priced
- The bench is not angled
This is another budget-friendly option for a pull-up tower for any home gym. It is light in weight but has a sturdy construction and base, and can withstand a weight of up to 330 lbs.
It provides multiple exercise options and has a two-tier set of hooks for barbells.
Other great solutions
The Steelbody Strength Training Power Tower is a very sturdily built and reliable piece of equipment suitable for any home gym.
It has a powder-coated steel frame, which can withstand a weight of up to 300 lbs.
The tool has multiple workout positions and stations, including a push-up adjustable bar, one for knee raising exercises, a dip station, and others.
It has a 2 inch durable and comfortable back cushion.
Thanks to its adjustability and versatility, this push-up tower will replace the need of having to buy extensive and expensive equipment for all of the different exercises you want to be able to do at home.
- A very sturdy frame and base for stability and safety
- A capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- A thick padded backrest cushion
- Armrest and angled back design
- Adjustable dip and push up handlebars
- Multi-grip pull-up handle
- Foam roller leg drips
- Vertical knee raise station
- The dimensions of the training station are 58.2 x 91 x 42.2 inches
- It weighs 88.2 lbs.
- Some users complain about missing nuts, bolts, and other parts for assembly upon arrival
This is a heavy-duty, gym-quality workout tool that will help you build muscle and strength at home.
It has adjustable handles for the dip and push-up section which makes it suitable for use by people of different heights and sizes.
If you have space available outdoors and prefer to exercise outside, then this weather-resistant power tower by Stamina is an excellent option for you.
It has been treated with corrosion and UV-resistant coating, which will keep it safe and working no matter the weather conditions outside.
It offers multiple stations for different exercises and has a very sturdy construction, which will withstand a weight of up to 300 lbs.
It is also theft-resistant and more stable than other power towers thanks to the option for anchoring it down to the ground.
- A very robust, weather-resistant construction and coating
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Can be anchored to the ground for extra stability and safety
- It can be used for pull-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, vertical knee raises, triceps dips, sit-ups, and others
- It has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- Its assembled size is 49 x 30 x 81 inches, and it weighs 88 lbs.
- There is no padding on the grips or cushioning added
This multifunctional pull-up tower has been designed and made for outdoor use and will withstand all kinds of weather – from scorching hot to freezing cold.
You will be able to do all the muscle bulking, or the slimming exercises you want with the help of this versatile pull-up tower.
It has a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs. and can be bolted to the ground for added security for you and against theft.
This is a reasonably priced pull-up tower that can withstand a weight of up to 550 lbs. It may not have as many workout stations and exercise options as some of the other power towers on this list, but it is one of the cheapest ones, and also one of the gym tools with the greatest weight capacities of all.
It has an adjustable height and is suitable for heavier and taller bodybuilders.
- Made of reinforced steel
- A convenient step-up design
- Wide-set handles
- A weight capacity of up to 550 lbs.
- It can be adjusted in height from 64.6 up to 84.6 inches
- The power tower has a large back cushion and padded armrests
- It can be used for strengthening the abs, arms, chest, back, and legs
- Assembled dimensions are 30.4 x 42.5 x 84.7 inches
- There is no push-up station
This is one of the least expensive and most suitable pull-up towers for heavier and taller people. With a weight capacity of up to 550 lbs. and an adjustable height, it is a reliable and stable home workout tool.
It has padded arms and back and is built of oblate sturdy reinforced steel which will endure a lot of workouts and heavyweight.
This home Power Tower Workout station is an excellent solution for bodybuilding enthusiasts and seasoned bodybuilders who want the convenience of being able to work out at home.
It can withstand a weight of up to 330 lbs. and has sturdy construction with added suction cups and locknuts for the screws, for stability and safety.
It can be adjusted in height from 58.5 to 89 inches, making it suitable for use by all members of the family or household.
The backrest cushioning can also be adjusted.
- It can hold a weight of up to 330 lbs.
- Adjustable armrest and back support padding
- Handles can be customized from 20.47 to 22.44 inches
- The leg press can be adjusted from 29.3 to 39 inches
- Adjustable height of 58.5-89 inches
- Suitable for all kinds of toning and bodybuilding workouts
- Suction cups to keep the training tool in place, and to protect the flooring
- The handles are slip-free
- The dimensions of the power tower are 26.4 x 35.4 x 58.5-89 inches, and it weighs 60 lbs.
- Some users complain that it may be too narrow for bigger people with wider shoulders
This is a fairly priced home gym pull-up tower that has a sturdy construction and most of its parts are adjustable to fit people of different heights and sizes.
It can be used for multiple types of exercises and is definitely a wise investment to make if you want to save money from hitting the gym several times a week.
This premium quality pull-up tower will provide you with more options for engaging in different types of exercises than any of the other products on our list.
It is extremely robust and stable and has some components which you won’t find on other pull-up towers like boulder fit rock climbing handles, an adjustable plyo box, and more.
The Stamina X Fortress may cost more than some of the other power towers on the list, but it is one of the top quality and most multifunctional ones too.
- Made of solid steel
- It has adjustable dip bars
- The pull-up handles offer multiple position options
- Comfortable foam hand grips
- A padded back pad for knee raises
- Ab straps
- An adjustable plyometric box (16, 18, 20, 22, and 24 inches) with a non-slip surface for jumping
- Boulder Fit handholds for rock climbing
- Stronghold grips
- A weight capacity of up to 250 lbs.
- It is 57 x 48/5 x 85 inches in size
- It costs more than many of the other pull-up towers on the list
This is a top-of-the-line power tower by Stamina, which can be a bigger investment than most other tools on this list, but is definitely one of the best made, most versatile, and most adjustable piece of home gym equipment we have tested this year.
It has some unique added functionalities to add even more bodybuilding and toning exercises to your weekly workout regimen. It will allow you to work out your upper as well as your lower body – all in one.
It is a high-quality piece of equipment that will help you get in perfect shape without having to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the gym.
You may have to pay a higher price for this top-quality pull-up tower, but given its durable build and all unique characteristics and workout options, it is definitely a worthwhile investment to be making, if you are serious about your workouts and fitness.
The Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 is a well-rounded power tower that is made of sturdy steel and is very reasonably priced.
The power tower has a broad and stable base and can be used as a push-up station, a vertical knee raise station, a multi-grip pull station, and a dip station.
So, you will have multiple workout tools all in one single power tower measuring 27 x 54 x 84 inches, and weighing 95 lbs.
- Made of sturdy steel components
- A large and stable base
- Allows for versatile exercises that will help you build and shape your entire upper body
- It can be used for push-ups, pull-ups, and as a dip or vertical knee raise station
- Affordable price
- Not suitable for people who have narrow shoulders
This is yet another superb option if you are looking for an affordable, multifunctional, and safe pull-up tower for home use.
It is well built, has multiple workout stations, and is the right height and size to fit even taller and bigger people.
You can build up the strength in your upper body easily with this versatile power tower.
The Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage has a huge weight capacity of up to 800 lbs. and can be used not only for pull-ups but for weight lifting and all kinds of strength training exercises.
It has two sets of safety bars, which can be adjusted in height at 19 different height options. They are compatible with 7-foot Olympic bars, and can comfortably fit people who are up to 6’4” tall.
The pull-up and chin-up grip bars offer multiple handling positions.
The power cage is made of solid steel with chrome safety bars.
It can be combined with the 12-position weight bench by Fitness Reality, as well as with dip bars, j-hooks, landmines, weight plate holders, and others.
It is easy to assemble and disassemble so you can store it away when it is not in use.
- A capacity of up to 800 lbs.
- Two safety bar sets
- Made of 2×2 inch square steel
- Multiple position pull-up and chin-up bars
- Suitable also for push-ups, and weight lifting exercises such as squats, shrugs, curls, flat bench press, and others
- Very easy and quick to assemble
- Easy to disassemble for storage when not in use
- 19 adjustable positions for the two pairs of safety bars
- Some people have noticed that it arrives with missing pieces for assembly
If you are into weight training but could do with a stable and sturdy pull-up tower, then the Super Max Power Cage could be the best option for you on the market right now.
It can be assembled and disassembled quickly and easily, so you can put it away when you are not using it.
It is made of sturdy thick steel and has a fantastic weight capacity of up to 800 lbs.
Related Content – Pull Up Assist Bands to Buy in 2021
This versatile and sturdy pull-up tower is one of the best you can buy right now. You can use it to build muscle via chin-ups, dips, push-ups, straight leg raises, sit-ups, hanging knee raises, inverted pike pull-ups or hanging abdominal twists.
The pull-up tower is 47.5 x 47 x 88.5 inches in size and weighs 149.9 lbs. when assembled.
It offers comfortable and sturdy arm padding and an improved back angle which will provide you with more space on the front for an efficient workout every time.
You can use this commercial gym-quality pull-up tower for various exercises, thanks to its multiple grip positions. It also has a swivel straight bar for exercises requiring a close grip.
- Top-quality, gym-ready equipment
- Large front space for safe and efficient workouts
- Extra padding on the armrests
- A better back angle for a wider exercise space
- Various grip positions for different muscle and strength building exercises
- A swivel straight bar for close grip exercises
- A weight capacity of up to 400 lbs.
- It is more expensive than some of the other products on this list
This is a commercial-grade piece of workout equipment, which will allow you to safely and efficiently exercise at home whenever you want to, without having to go to the gym or pay for a workout.
It has a highly durable construction that can withstand a weight of up to 400 lbs. so you can rest assured that you remain safe at all times during even the most strenuous workout. In fact, it will stay in place without a single wobble, which is extremely important for your safety and for your best performance when working out.
The top-quality pull-up tower can be used for all of the main types of exercises, including close-grip chin-ups, push-ups, hanging knee raises, and others.
This is one of the most versatile of all the pull-up towers on this list. It can be used for over 19 different exercises, including pull-ups, dips, chin-ups, sit-ups, abs curls, knee raises, and many others.
With a piece of home gym equipment like this, you can easily get a full-body workout in the comfort of your home, and for free, whenever you feel like exercising.
- Designed for use for over 20 strength training exercises
- Suitable for total body conditioning and muscle and strength building
- The pull-up bars are adjustable in height
- Adjustable padded backrest and dip station
- It has 2 sling straps
- There are foam grips on the handlebars
- It is sold with a complete workout guide
- Assembled size is 48 x 48.5 x 82 inches
- Its weight is 85.8 lbs.
- The steel frame of the power tower has a capacity of up to 300 lbs.
- It may be short for taller people because it is 82 inches high
With multiple exercise options, and adjustable handles, backrest, and others, this is one of the most multifunctional of all the power towers on this list.
It can carry a weight of up to 300 lbs. and comes with an excellent guide with all the strength-building and toning exercises you can perform on it.
Features to consider when buying a pull-up tower
A Pull-up tower or Power tower is a convenient alternative to having to equip your home gym with multiple bulky and costly workout tools.
The Power towers are designed to take up a small footprint, and yet provide users with options to perform their full-body or upper body strength and toning workouts at home.
Not only do pull-up towers save space, but they save tons of money from having to pay for multiple workout machines and tools, or for having to pay for going to the gym several times a week.
The question is, how do you choose the right pull-up tower for your needs?
Here are the basic characteristics to keep in mind when shopping for a power tower for your training needs.
Look for the main workout options it offers
Good quality and efficient pull-up tower should be able to provide you with the tools and handles needed to perform the following basic exercises:
- Pull-ups. It should have a pull-up horizontal bar or handles with grips for performing wide grip pull-ups. You may also want to look for one which allows for neutral or close-grip pull-ups and chin-ups and vertical knee raises as well.
- A dip station. Most good quality pull-up stations have two hand grips at the height of the chest, which can be used for performing dips. In many of the better quality towers, the height of these grips can be adjusted to suit your size.
- A padded backrest. This is not obligatory, but it can help you perform leg raises comfortably and efficiently
- Push-up handles. Look for a power tower that has handles on the base for deep push-ups. Some have fixed bars for pull-ups while others allow for adjustability in width and height.
- Additional features. Some of the power towers offer added handles, straps, clip-on handlebars, climbing balls, plyo boxes, and other elements that allow for more diverse workouts and for lower body exercises too.
You should choose one which will allow you to perform the exercises you want. Based on your workout plan, choose how elaborate your pull-up tower should be.
Of course, you should stay within your set budget, but make sure you find the best quality power tower for the money you have allotted for it.
Even at a lower price, a workout tool like this will cost you at least $100, so make sure you don’t buy a bulky and useless piece of equipment just because it is priced much lower than others.
Since the essential feature you want to look for is safety – always make sure that you invest in a pull-up tower in which you will feel secure and safe to use.
As a whole, you can find power towers at prices from just under $100 up to $500 and more. How much you invest depends on how serious you are about training at home too.
Sturdiness and stability
As mentioned above, safety is the main feature to consider when buying such a piece of equipment. Since you will be relying on it to carry your complete body weight while sometimes performing pretty strenuous exercises, you need to be sure that it will withstand your weight and the pressure.
Also, make sure it is stable and has a broad and reliable base so that it will not topple or tip as you are working out.
Plus, you should think about being able to use the pull-up tower for years, so opt for a sturdy and reliable one when shopping for home gym equipment.
Its size and your size
In order to be able to use your pull-up tower safely and adequately, it will need to be able to accommodate your height, body size, and your weight.
Make sure you check out the weight capacity, the size, the height of the handles and handlebar, and so on.
Also, keep in mind what the footprint of the tower is so that you can make sure that it will fit into the allocated space for it. And don’t forget to measure the height of your ceiling as well!
So, hopefully, you have found the perfect power tower for your needs, and pretty soon, you will be able to enjoy the effects of regular training no matter whether you are looking to lose or gain mass.
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 02:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API