No products found.
Pregnancy can change the attractive-looking figure of any woman and can make her go into postpartum depression very easily. Thankfully, there is an excellent solution for this, and that’s to buy a postpartum girdle. This unique garment is designed to restore or preserve your body and figure by compressing your abdomen, hips, and bottom.
A postpartum girdle is extremely important shapewear that can help you a great deal during your post-delivery recovery. It also helps to recover your muscles, support your back, and also boost your self-confidence.
However, there is a huge choice of postpartum girdles on the market, and making the choice of the best one for you can be quite a difficult and confusing one. To help you in making your choice, we have reviewed some of the best postpartum girdles that can help your post-pregnancy much easier.
Best Postpartum Girdles
- Best Overall – Motif Postpartum Recovery Support Garment: Best postpartum girdle after a C-Section and Natural Birth.
- Best Budget – Diane & Geordi Shapewear: Thigh-length girdle that has butt-lifting properties and is available at a very affordable price.
- Best Waist Cincher Girdle – Squeem Strapless Waist Cincher: Functional and versatile postpartum girdle.
- Best Multi-Purpose Girdle – ChongErfei 3-in-1 Postpartum Support Recovery Belly Wrap: Best multi-functional girdle that offers a belly, waist, and pelvis belt in one.
- Best Belly Wrap – Belly Bandit Original Postpartum Belly Wrap: Best belly wrap after a C-section, which helps in shaping and healing.
The Motif Medical Postpartum Girdle is one of the best bangs for the buck you can find in 2021. It is an FDA listed medical device that has been designed and made by healthcare experts and professionals, especially for new mothers recovering from C-section or natural birth.
The girdle helps speed up the postpartum healing, as well as stabilizing the core, posture, the joints, and improving the mobility of the new moms after giving birth.
Thanks to its lightweight, breathability, and its comfortable fit, it can be worn discreetly and comfortably under any clothing.
- It is available in sizes varying from X-small up to XX-large.
- Made of soft, breathable, and light micro net fabric – 76% nylon and 24% spandex
- It provides a comfortable and seamless fit under the clothes.
- It has a zipper for comfortable wear following a C-Section
- Thanks to the split crotch design going to the bathroom is easy.
- It has silicone leg grippers that keep the garment from rolling up.
- Available in nude color
- FDA listed and approved as a medical device
- It helps reduce edema and swelling.
- Speeds up recovery time after C-section or natural birth
- Its support panels help keep the abdomen stable and the core strong and supported.
- It helps relieve pelvic girdle and other chronic pain.
- Designed to tone and tighten the abdomen, waist, pelvis, hips, and lower back.
- Helps improve the posture by supporting the hips and the lower back
- Breathable and light to prevent sweating
- Easy to put on and take off
- True to size
- Affordable price for the value offered.
- The girdle may be visible in the thigh area when wearing thin and tight clothing.
The shapewear from Diane & Geordi is a full body shaper that is excellent for all-over support and tightening. The postpartum girdle has a butt lifter, which helps to improve your silhouette, and the materials and construction of the postpartum girdle make it invisible under your clothing.
Made of high-quality Powernet, Diane & Geordi Shapewear is durable and lasts for a long time. The girdle offers the right amount of compression and is breathable and hypoallergenic. The girdle has a zipper closure system that is reinforced with hooks and eyes, which makes it comfortable to wear all through the day.
The Diane & Geordi Shapewear is available in 2 colors, nude and black.
- Boyshort shapewear
- Removable straps
- Made with Powernet
- Zipper closure with inner hooks
- Microfiber lining in the butt area
- Open gusset
- Silicone hemline
- It offers instant shaping and emphasizes your natural curves, and creates a slimmer silhouette.
- Shrinks and smoothes your waistline.
- Improves overall appearance and posture.
- The corset may be difficult to put on.
- Sizing problems.
The Squeem Strapless Waist Cincher is functional, as well as discreet, and is among one of the best cinchers for postpartum recovery. The flexible steel bones and the unique design of the waist cincher not only slim your waistline but also provides back support and improves your posture while lifting your breasts moderately.
The Squeem waist cincher is made of fabric that is soft and comfortable, and the latex in the cincher helps to prevent skin irritation and allergies. The strapless waist cincher is perfect to be worn under your clothes discreetly.
- High compression shapewear
- Flexible steel bones
- Made of fabric (25% cotton and 75% natural rubber)
- Middle Lining: Latex
- Inner Lining: Cotton
- Double row hook and eye closure
- The waist cincher provides tummy control and waist shaping without compromising on comfort.
- Available in various sizes.
- The strapless design of the waist cincher makes it ideal for wearing under strapless dresses, off-shoulder tops, and summer wear.
- Maybe a bit too long, so make sure that you check the size before buying.
- Material is quite thick and is not sweat resistant.
If you’re looking for a postpartum girdle that will fit well under your clothing, then the Belly Bandit Original Postpartum Belly Wrap is a great option to consider. The belly wrap helps to shrink your stomach, waist, and hips postpartum, and it can be adjusted to fit you even when you lose inches.
The Belly Bandit belly wrap is extremely comfortable to wear, even if you have had a cesarean, and can help in healing. The belly wrap also applies compression, which helps to remove excess fluid from your body, and along with body shaping, the belly wrap also supports your back, core muscles, and legs.
- Made of 75% polyester and 25% lycra
- 100% latex-free
- Power Compress Core
- 9” of adjustability
- Belt Height: 9 inches
- FDA approved
- It helps you to look slimmer instantly.
- It can be worn every day for long-lasting results.
- The wrap can also help with abdominal separation.
- Very easy to put on and take off.
- Not very flexible.
- It may be visible under your clothes.
The 3-in-1 postpartum belly wrap from ChongErfei offers all the support you need for your postpartum recovery and offers support for your belly, waist, and pelvis. The elastic of the belly wrap goes high up on the waist so that you will not get a bulging muffin top under your clothes, and the belly band will also not roll.
The ChongErfei belly wrap is very easy to put on, and it is quite comfortable, even if you’ve had a C-section. The belly wrap is made of breathable, hygroscopic material, which is comfortable to wear for long periods, and it is also very easy to clean.
The wrap has built-in boning that offers good support for your lower back and also improves your posture.
- Postpartum belly wrap
- 3-in-1, multipurpose belt
- In-built boning
- Available in 2 sizes
- Velcro closure
- The wrap is made from high-quality, lightweight material that is extremely comfortable.
- It helps to support the abdominal muscles, reduces swelling, and returns the uterus to its original size quickly.
- Supports your lower back and relieves back pain.
- May be visible under tight or thin clothes.
- If not worn properly, the belt can slide.
How Does a Postpartum Girdle Work?
The main objective of using a postpartum girdle is to support and align your abdomen so that your abdominal muscles and organs can start functioning normally quickly. It also helps to tighten the loose skin, offers light compression, and helps the uterus to shrink.
Also, if you have had a C-section, the girdle can take the pressure off the incision and helps it to heal quickly. Postpartum girdles can also help to reduce pain, stabilize the pelvic floor, increase mobility and also heal diastasis recti (a common condition where the abdominal muscles stay separated).
Why Wear Postpartum Girdle?
There are several benefits of using a postpartum girdle such as:
Helps to Hasten Post-Delivery Recovery
The muscles and tissues stretch out after delivery, and it takes some time for the abdominal muscles to get back to normal and also regain their strength. If you have had a C-section delivery, then you may need additional support, and this is where a postpartum girdle can be of huge help.
A postpartum girdle helps to compress and tighten the uterus and helps it to return to its original size, and it also improves your core strength.
Helps with Lower Back Pain
When you are pregnant, the huge size of your abdomen can take a toll on your posture and cause lower back pain. Wearing a postpartum girdle can offer support to your abdominal muscles, as well as your lower back.
Helps to Restore Your Self-Confidence
Wearing a postpartum girdle can help to restore your body and figure to the pre-pregnancy days, and this can help you gain confidence and feel good about yourself. A postpartum girdle can help you get back into your pre-pregnancy clothes quicker.
Types of Postpartum Girdle
There are different types of girdles, and one type does not suit everyone. You must choose one that fits you the best.
Corset Style Girdle
These usually have boning or snap enclosures, and they are made of medical-grade material. Corset style girdles provide maximum support needed for post-pregnancy recovery.
Zipper Style Girdle
These girdles have a zipper either on the side or front. A zipper style girdle is easy to wear and remove, especially if you’ve had a C-section delivery.
Pull Up Style Girdle
These are very easy to wear and is like underwear with a high waist. This kind of girdle does not have hooks or zippers and is best for women who have had a natural delivery, and it helps to ease back pain and improve posture.
Wrap Style Girdle
Typically, wrap-style girdles have a front flap that wraps around your midsection, and you need to fasten it at the back.
What to Look for When Buying a Postpartum Girdle
If you’re planning to buy a postpartum girdle, here are some of the things you should consider before buying one:
- Durability: You must ensure that the material of the postpartum girdle is durable and is usable even after wearing it several times. You must consider if the girdle will stay in shape even after extended periods of use and if it can still hold your abdomen and pelvis tightly.
- Effectiveness: You should consider what benefits the postpartum girdle can offer. You must check if it offers proper body compression if it supports both C-sections, as well as, vaginal birth and whether the girdle can help to relieve back pain.
- Material: Postpartum girdles are available in a wide range of materials such as cotton, rubber, or a mix of both. You should choose a girdle that is made of high-quality material that will last for a long time and will also be comfortable and not irritate your skin. You could also opt for a girdle made of medical-grade material.
- Comfort Level: A good postpartum girdle will hold you up properly and firmly without bunching or rolling up. And, for this, you must check out how comfortable you are inside the girdle. How comfortable is it on your skin? How comfortable are you to do other activities while wearing the girdle?
- Wearability: There are different types of postpartum girdles and they come in various styles and designs. Some girdles are 3-in-1 and have a belly, waist, and pelvis belt. Can you wear all the 3 in a day or does wearing just one belt work for you? Can you wear the girdle comfortably under your clothing?
Do’s and Don’ts of a Postpartum Girdle
While wearing a postpartum girdle for post-pregnancy recovery has many benefits, here are some do’s and don’t of wearing a postpartum girdle.
- Use a postpartum girdle that offers good support and also helps to activate your abdominal muscles.
- While wearing the girdle, activate your core and then put on the belt or wrap.
- Choose the right postpartum girdle. Buy a size that fits you properly, that is comfortable to wear and is made of breathable fabric that does not irritate the skin.
- Wear the girdle over a vest or an undershirt and avoid wearing it directly on the skin.
- Don’t wear the girdle during pregnancy.
- Don’t put the girdle on too tightly. While wearing the girdle, you should be able to take a full breath.
- If you can feel the pressure pushing on the muscles of your pelvic floor, it means that the girdle is too tight.
- Don’t over-wear the wrap. Keep removing it after a while and give breaks.
Postpartum Girdles vs Waist Trainers
A waist trainer, on the other hand, is a very wide and tight garment that is cinched very tightly at the midsection using a zipper or hook and eye closures. A waist cincher covers the part from the bottom of the ribs to the top of the hips. Usually, waist trainers are made of latex or other materials and contain metal or plastic boning.
The purpose of waist trainers is to reduce the size of your waist drastically and offer firm compression. Waist trainer users claim that tightening the waist trainer helps to promote perspiration that helps in fat loss and it also causes reshaping of the waist and slimming.
After the birth of the baby, the ligaments and cartilage become soft because of the hormone relaxin, which is produced by the body at the end of the pregnancy. This hormone allows the shifting of the structure of the pelvis as the baby moves through the birth canal.
A postpartum girdle or belly wrap helps to stabilize the pelvis and holds it in place so that it does not shift any longer. This allows you to resume your exercise routine quickly, return to your normal functioning, and also your pre-pre-pregnancy shape more quickly.
Can I use a postpartum girdle right after the delivery?
It is recommended that you check the manufacturer’s instructions to determine if you can wear the postpartum girdle immediately after the delivery. Some types of girdle are suitable for wear just after the delivery, whereas other models can be worn only a week or even a month after the delivery.
Can I wear a postpartum girdle and exercise?
Some girdles are suitable to wear while exercising. You can, however, take off the girdle while exercising and put it on after you’re done. However, you must wash the girdle regularly to keep it clean.
Is the postpartum girdle suitable for daily and all-day wear?
Most postpartum girdles are suitable for daily wear. While you can wear a postpartum girdle daily for up to 6 months after your delivery, it is a good idea to check the manufacturer’s instructions about this.
Will the postpartum girdle help with hip compression?
No. Not all types of postpartum girdles can help with hip compression. However, if you want your girdle to do this, then it is a good idea to look for a knee-length girdle.
In conclusion, with so many options of postpartum girdles, you’re sure to find one that is suitable for you and also fits your budget. A postpartum girdle has so many benefits right from organ realignment to abdominal support, to providing back support and repairing the damage during the pregnancy, the physical benefits of a postpartum belt are amazing.
It can also help to improve your appearance greatly and boost your self-confidence. No matter whatever the kind of delivery you’re recovering from, a postpartum girdle can be of huge help. However, it is a good idea to do your homework and buy a girdle in the correct size for a quick and comfortable post-delivery recovery.
- Kombucha – Ingredients, Health Benefits, and Risks - January 29, 2021
- What is HEPA Air Purifier? - January 29, 2021
- Air Purifiers – The Complete Guide - January 29, 2021
Last update on 2021-03-04 at 13:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API