If you suffer from teeth grinding or clenching, you know how uncomfortable it can be to try to sleep soundly. Plus, it can cause insomnia, headaches, pain in the jaw, tooth damage, and snoring.
But getting a professionally made night guard can be a costly and time-consuming experience.
This is why we have picked the best over the counter night guards for 2019 which will cost you a fraction of the price for going to the orthodontist.
The Neomen Professional Dental Guards pack is the best over the counter night guard for people who grind their teeth, clench them have bruxism or other problems disturbing their sleep, causing them dental and oral problems, and disturbing the sleep of others.
The pack includes four customizable night guards in two sizes, so they are suitable for children and adults of all ages and sizes.
The night guards in the pack are FDA certified, BPA free, and reusable. They come with a premium quality storage case and are easy to clean.
Thanks to the premium materials used, as well as their customizable design, the Neomen guards are among the most comfortable and safe night guards you can buy over the counter in 2019.
Apart from protecting your teeth from grinding and clenching, these guards can be used for protection during contact sports as well as whitening trays for teeth whitening.
They are easy to customize using boiling water, letting it cool down to about 158-176 degrees Fahrenheit and placing the guard inside. All you need to do is place it in your mouth and bite down firmly to create a personalized impression. After that, the mouthpiece should be dropped in cold water to harden, and it is ready to use.
These reasonably priced, high-quality OTC night guards are sold with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Neomen promises to pay you your money back if for some reason you are not satisfied with their product.
This pack of night guards by The ConfiDental is one of the most versatile over the counter night guards you can buy in 2019.
The set includes five boil and bite moldable mouthpieces, including three regular-sized, and two heavy-duty ones.
The pack of night guards can be used for eliminating the discomfort from teeth grinding and clenching, and also as whitening trays, as well as secure mouth guards for the teeth for athletes.
It is suitable for people of all ages because each piece is customizable, and you can easily mold it to fit any jaw.
The mouthpieces are made of Phthalate and BPA-free materials, which are easy to clean and can be reused.
You will also receive a premium storage case with each pack.
The regular mouthguards are 3mm thick and suitable for nighttime use or for teeth whitening, and the heavy-duty ones are 6mm and are best suited for heavy-duty protection during the day like sports or other hazardous activities.
All 5 moldable mouthpieces and the convenient travel case are sold for under $20, so this is one of the best deals you can find on the market right now.
The best budget-friendly option
The Lorious Premium-Quality mouth guard 4 pack is one of the best bangs for the buck. The pack includes four night guards, which can all be customized and trimmed to fit any mouth size. This makes them suitable for children and adults of all sizes and ages.
The mouth guards are completely BPA-free and Phthalates-free and are very easy to mold via a simple boil and bite procedure. If they are too large to fit your mouth comfortably, you can easily trim them down to the appropriate size.
The pack also includes a convenient travel case for the mouthpieces.
Each of the mouth guards in the set is 3mm thick.
They are also pretty versatile and can be used for teeth grinding, clenching, bruxism, teeth whitening, sports, and other uses.
These OTC night guards are designed to provide maximum comfort to their wearer, and this set of four premium mouthpieces is offered at a very attractive price.
The rest of the best
If you really want to get a night guard which has been professionally customized for your teeth and mouth, but don’t have a prescription and find going to the orthodontist too expensive, then this Pro teeth Guard could be the best solution for you.
- You receive a molding impression kit, use it and then send it back to get your night guard professionally customized for you
- You will receive your personalized night guard in a pre-paid envelope promptly
- It is easy, hassle-free, and much less expensive than going to the orthodontist
- The Pro Teeth Guard mouthpiece can be customized for your upper and lower teeth
- There are impression kits available for males and for females, and larger and smaller mouths
- The professionally made mouthpieces are safe 2mm thick dual laminate covered with acrylic for comfort and durability
- This night guard is much longer-lasting than the boil and bite ones
- It is suitable for teeth grinding, clenching, bruxism and others
- The company offers a complete money-back guarantee for 60 days, so you can get a full refund, no questions asked if you are not happy with the product
- No prescription is required
If you don’t want to keep paying for the boil and bite over the counter night guards, but don’t have the budget or prescription to get one which is professionally custom made, you should try out the J&S Dental Lab Custom Night Guard.
- You can choose the thickness of your mouthguard from 0.06 to 0.16 inches, depending on your needs and preferences
- You can also choose from soft, semi-hard and hard as a material
- You will be provided with an easy to use home impression kit
- The process of getting an impression of your teeth takes less than 5 minutes
- Your night guard will be professionally customized and made in a dental lab and mailed back to you promptly
- It is approved by the FDA and made of a durable and comfortable BPA and latex-free material
- You will receive a 1-year free replacement guarantee
- The custom made mouthguard can be reused and is easy to clean, and will last for up to 5 years
- In the long run, it will cost you less than buying disposable boil and bite night guards
- The lab offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can get a full refund if you are not happy with your night guard
- It doesn’t require a prescription or a visit to the orthodontist
Last update on 2020-02-24 at 14:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API