Has bedtime become an exhausting and daunting task as your baby has grown into a toddler? You are not alone. So many parents are faced with the issues of fear of the dark or fear of being left alone as the baby grows into a child.
With good quality and versatile nightlight for toddlers like the top-rated Hatch Baby, getting your little one to bed will become easier than it ever was.
A nightlight for toddlers will keep the young child entertained, calm, and less afraid to stay in bed alone and go to sleep.
Best Nightlights for Toddlers
We have selected the top nightlight for toddlers, many of which have multiple functions like sound machines and projectors, as well as wake-up alarms and others.
You can start using these devices from the first days of your baby at home as a nursery nightlight and calming machine, as well as later on as the child grows into a toddler and in its pre-school years.
You will be able to teach your growing child to be more independent, follow a healthy circadian rhythm, and have more time for yourself so you can rest or do something else instead of standing by the crib or bed of your child for hours.
Read on to find out more about the most multifunctional, safest, and efficient nightlights for toddlers for 2021.
The Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine and Night Light is the perfect nightlight for toddlers we have tested and reviewed in 2021.
It has all the features you will need to rest assured that your little one is sleeping soundly and that you can go into its room without stumbling on the furniture or stepping on a LEGO piece in the middle of the dark.
Plus, you can control all of the features of this smart nightlight for toddlers via your smartphone.
The size of the nightlight is 6.3 x 4 inches, and it weighs 13-oz.
The light of the unit is adjustable both in color and brightness, so you can set it up at the most comfortable level for you and for your baby.
This affordable product is not simply a nightlight. It also functions as a sound machine and can be used to set up a wake-up alarm for your child.
The Hatch Baby is the perfect appliance to teach your toddler to go to bed at a certain time and to wake up when it needs to without the stress of having to spend hours reading stories at night or doing everything possible to try to get the little one to wake up in the mornings.
The app-controlled LED nightlight also works as a sound machine to calm your baby or toddler down and make it go to sleep faster and easier.
You can pick among the 8 sounds including wind, rain, water, dryer, ocean, white noise, birds as well as 3 different music sounds for helping the baby go to sleep, as well as for gently waking it up in the morning. The volume of the sounds can be adjusted easily too.
If you prefer, you can play music from your phone directly to the Hatch Baby nightlight as well.
All adjustments can be made from the nightlight itself or via the mobile app via the useful sliders for the brightness, volume, and color options.
Once you set up the bedtime and the time to rise time, the lights and sounds of your choice will turn on and off automatically, depending on your preferences and preset choices.
The good part of buying this convenient nightlight of toddlers is that you can use it from day one when your baby is born, and it can grow up with your child. You can comfort your newborn with the available white noise sounds, and then use the nightlight when your child becomes a toddler. Later on, when it is time to go to kindergarten or school, you can start using the time-to-rise setting as well.
The excellent quality appliance is sold with a 30-day warranty and is one of the most versatile, easy-to-set, and smart nightlights for toddlers we have found on the market in 2021.
The LittleHippo Mella nightlight for toddlers is another exceptionally smart device that will allow you to sleep more while making sure that your baby or toddler is sleeping too. At the same time, this ingenuous nightlight will also teach your growing kid to follow a healthy and set regimen by learning when it is time to go to bed, and when it is time to wake up in the morning.
The cute design of this smart nightlight for toddlers uses both colors and facial expressions to let your child know when it is time to get ready for bed and to go to sleep, and will also gently awake the little one in the morning as well.
30 minutes before the set wake-up time, the Mella nightlight will start glowing in gentle yellow and feature a playful expression, and when the time to get up actually comes, it will turn green and display a smiling face.
Thanks to the gentle awakening, your toddler will learn to stay in bed or entertain itself until it gets time to get up. This will give you more time to sleep or to run errands, prepare breakfast and perform other chores before your child is up and on the go.
When it comes time for bed, the Mella will light up in a pale blue calming color and will display a sleepy face.
Apart from the nightlight and bedtime and wakeup options, this clever gadget also has three different sleep sound options, as well as five different nightlight color options that you can pick to soothe the child and make it go to sleep faster.
It has 3 different alarm sounds, as well as a silent time countdown feature which is perfect for older children who need to complete timed activities, such as reading, doing homework, cleaning up or others.
The unit has a durable and safe construction. It is made of child-safe ABS and silicone and is approved by all US and European safety standards.
It is 4.25 x 4.25 x 4.5 inches in size and plugs into a power outlet via a USB cable. It also has a backup battery to store the settings in case of a power failure.
You can choose among the different color options when you are choosing the perfect Mella nightlight for your child, and pick either blush pink, bright purple, arctic blue or tropical teal for your baby.
The smart and educational nightlight is sold with 100% satisfaction and a 1-year guarantee.
With a unique nightlight for toddlers like this one, you will have more time and peace to rest and sleep, as well as more freedom to perform the chores at home or relax without attending to your baby or older child as it goes to sleep or wakes up.
Best budget-friendly option
The affordable and cute Bubzi Baby and Toddler nightlight are budget-friendly, and yet has numerous of the helpful features of the more expensive nightlights for toddlers on the market.
This nightlight is designed to look like a cute and friendly plush owl and will quickly become your baby or young kid’s favorite stuffed animal toy.
Apart from being a cuddly toy, it is also a useful nightlight and has multiple additional features to keep your child’s attention.
The stuffed owl nightlight acts as a gentle projector that will keep your baby entertained by projecting colorful constellations on the walls and ceilings of the nursery or children’s room.
It will keep the child entertained, relax, and safe until it falls asleep, and then the light and sound will turn off automatically in 30 minutes, so as not to disturb the little angel.
This inexpensive nightlight for toddlers is perfect for teaching your child healthy sleep habits, as well as to stay calmly in bed while allowing you to relax or focus on something else rather than sitting beside the child’s bed all night.
The size of this nightlight toy is 8.6 x 7 x 3.5 inches, and it weighs 12-oz.
Apart from the nightlight, this baby appliance also is a sound machine and has 10 different preset lullabies, and bird song, white noise, and heartbeat sound for keeping the baby relaxed and helping it fall asleep faster and without you attending to it.
This nightlight is perfect not only for bedtime and home use but will be incredibly useful for trips, as well as a distraction when visiting the doctor or dentist with your little one.
The nightlight is made of safe materials that are easy to clean, so your baby can play with it safely.
It is battery-operated so you can take it anywhere.
The nightlight also has an adjustable strap, so you can attach it to the crib, the stroller, or wherever you decide too.
Overall, we love the fact that you don’t need to break the bank for this versatile and incredibly cute nightlight, and also that it is easy to wash, portable, and that it will grow up with your child and will remain its favorite toy for years.
Related article: Quality Star Projectors
The rest of the best
This adorable mushroom-shaped nightlight by Lofter is completely safe for babies and for children of all ages thanks to its low wattage, and the built-in LED lights on the wooden base which will not get hot no matter what.
- This is a low-wattage version without an exposed light bulb, so there is no danger of electrical shock or burning for your child.
- It has 4 LED lights built into the wooden base of the mushroom.
- Made of natural wood and soft silicone which are both eco-friendly and safe
- It has 16 different light color options, and you can choose and memorize various patterns to entertain or calm your baby or toddler.
- The nightlight is energy-saving.
- It has a useful remote for choosing the color patterns, as well as for setting the brightness and the lighting mode.
- There are 5 brightness modes – 20, 40, 60, and 80 and 100%
- You can pick among the 4 lighting modes, including flash, fade, strobe, or smooth.
- The light emitted is soft, so it will not disturb the baby or child as it sleeps, and will protect its eyes, plus it will still give you good visibility of the child in the dark.
- The lamp comes with a USB power cable.
- The size of the unit is 5.1 x 5.1 x 5.3 inches, and it weighs 14.6-oz.
The VAVA VA-HP008 is an interactive nightlight for toddlers which is designed to teach the young baby or child to play with it and to explore the different options it offers. So, it is not only a useful nightlight but is also a smart and helpful toy for the child too.
- A delightful egg design, and it is sold with 20 different cute expression stickers, so you can turn the lamp into your child’s favorite toy and friend as well
- It offers easy and safe touch control, and an opportunity for your baby to learn some new skills and play with them.
- The warm LED light is not only efficient but is also completely safe to the eyes and when touched.
- The baby or toddler can learn to control the settings by touching the different parts of the light to dim it, to change the color of the light, or to turn it on or off.
- It works with rechargeable batteries with a battery life of 80 hours of continuous use at a lower brightness setting.
- The light is made of ABS and PC material and is IP65 waterproof.
- Thanks to the fact that it is cordless and waterproof, you can take it on trips or outdoors with you.
- It has a physical button so you can switch to strong, weak, or SOS modes.
- The light is sold in blue, pink, or white colors.
- The size of this light is 3.2 x 5 x 3.2 inches, and it weighs 6.1-oz.
This stunning and inexpensive nightlight for toddlers costs less than $20 and yet will offer your child an amazing rotating star projection night after night.
- Made to be completely baby safe and durable
- It works as a nightlight and as a rotating starry night projector for the ceilings and walls of the nursery or room.
- You can choose among the 4 (A, B, C, D) buttons for setting a definite time, a rotary control, for color conversion or for switching on the night light option.
- It can help calm children down and help them go to sleep.
- It has four soothing color options including, blue, green, red, and warm white which you can select to use separately or all together.
- The nightlight has a 45-minute timer, which you can set to the time you prefer it to shut off automatically.
- It works with a USB power cord or with 4 AAA batteries.
- The star projecting night light is 5.4 x 5.4 x 5.9 inches in size and weighs 15.2-oz.
This owl-shaped night light and sound machine is another clever gift you can give your own baby or toddler, or as a present for a new baby or for an expecting mom.
- It works as a sound machine, a night light, and a ceiling projector.
- The Shusher sound machine has 4 pre-loaded nature sounds (rainforest, waves, jungle crickets, white noise with heartbeat) and 4 lullabies (Twinkle twinkle little star, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, Rock-a-by baby, Brahms lullaby)
- The volume can be controlled.
- The projector will project a starry sky and a moon on the ceiling.
- The belly of the owl can glow as a dim and gentle nightlight.
- It has easy to see onboard controls.
- The speakers are covered with soft fabric.
- An auto timer can be set to 15, 30, and 60 minutes
- The size of the Skip Hop nightlight is 5.5 x 4.5 x 6 inches.
- This nightlight by Skip Hop is also available in elephant shapes, as well as in portable owl versions.
This is yet another multifunctional nightlight that will serve you well from the day you bring your baby home for the first time until it grows old enough to start pre-school and school.
- It is multifunctional and combines a night light, a time-to-rise alert, and a sound machine
- You can control it via your smartphone
- The color and brightness of the light can be customized, and so can the sound or volume level
- You can set up different timing programs to switch the unit on and off automatically depending on the sleeping schedule of your child and family
- Very useful for setting up a sleeping schedule and a healthy circadian rhythm for your child, as well as provide you with more alone time too
- You can also change the adjustments remotely from your phone
- The device provides the calming white noise for newborns and babies, and later on a nightlight for fearful little toddlers, and it can be used as an alarm clock when the child is ready to start pre-school or school too. Then as the child grows up, you yourself can use it as an elegant lamp as well
- The light remains cool and safe throughout the night
- It has a toddler lock, so your kid cannot tamper with the settings
- The LED lamp has various color options to pick from including blue, green, yellow, red, pink, and purple as well as warm white
- The device is 4.3 x 4.3 x 4.3 inches, and it weighs 1.1 lbs.
- My Toddler Is Afraid of the Dark. What Can I Do to Help?
- Children & Sleep – National Sleep Foundation
- How to Overcome Children’s Fear of the Dark – WebMD
- Bedtime for Toddlers: Timing is everything — ScienceDaily
- 4 secrets to adjusting your toddler’s sleep cycle – Children’s Health
- Benefits of White Noise for Babies – Happiest Baby
- The Best Electric Toothbrush for Kids in 2021 - November 17, 2021
- The Best Baby Bath Tub In 2021: Reviews - November 17, 2021
- The Best Rain Boots for Toddlers to Keep Kids Warm and Dry - November 11, 2021
Last update on 2021-12-02 at 02:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API