Over the last few years, there have been a plethora of products introduced into the market by Nerf. Nerf has come out with a wide variety of toy gun blasters like large machine guns, revolvers, super-small Nerf guns, and Nerf sniper rifles. Nerf offers a selection of some of the greatest toy rifles, and while these may not be very accurate, they look fantastic and do their job well, i.e., both kids, as well as adults, can have hours of fun and adventures with their Nerf sniper rifles. In this article, we will delve into the world of Nerf sniper rifles and review some of the top ones available on the market.
Best Nerf Snipers
The folding tripod lets you stabilize your shot and allows you to fire darts up to around 300 m (100 ft.) away. The Nerf sniper has a bolt-action priming and includes a 6-dart clip and 6 Nerf Mega Whistler darts that make a whistling sound as you shoot when they are fired, adding to the excitement of the game.
- Length: 1 meter (40 inches)
- Firing Distance: Up to 30 meters (100 ft.)
- 6-dart clip
- 6 Nerf Mega Whistler darts
- Folding tripod
- Bolt-action priming
- No batteries required
- Nerf darts are constructed with foam with hollow and flexible tips
- Attractive looking gun
- It offers plenty of features
- The darts of the gun are large, yet they are soft and do not hurt
- The tripod stand lets you set up the sniper and shoot long distance effectively
- Loading the gun can be time-consuming
- Not very accurate
The futuristic Revonix 360 Blaster has a really cool sci-fi look and gives you long-range firepower. The sniper comes along with a large ammo store of 30 XLR discs and is the farthest firing Nerf sniper yet. Simply holding down the trigger will help to release a constant stream of discs and as you fire, the Roto-Action barrel of the sniper rotates. The Revonix 360 Blaster gives you a range of 65 feet.
- Firing Range: up to 65 feet
- Gun Weight: 4 lb
- Roto-Action revolving barrel
- Slam Fire
- It comes along with 30 XLR (Xtra-Long Range) discs
- A high rate of firing
- Cool, attractive design
- Quick and easy recharging
- Not very precise
- Quite noisy
The compact Strongarm Elite Toy Blaster is one of the leading Nerf snipers on the market. The sniper comes with 6 darts, and the sniper has a firing range of up to 90 feet. The compact size and lightweight make it very easy to carry around and maneuver the Nerf sniper. The Strongarm Elite Blaster is highly customizable.
- Firing Range: up to 90 feet
- Includes 6 Elite darts
- Flip-open rotating barrel
- Hand-powered gun
- Slam Fire blasting
- It does not require batteries
- Compact size sniper
- Rapid firing
- Long firing range
- Low capacity of only 6 darts
- It needs some effort to pull back the spring
The Modulus ECS-10 Blaster is very unique as it can be customized with various accessories to create over 30 combinations. The Modulus ECS-10 Blaster is semi-automatic and features an electronic clip that reloads itself so that you can fire non-stop. The sniper’s scope, barrel, grip, and stock are all very easy to attach, making the sniper highly customizable. The lightweight sniper has a banana clip and 10 darts, which have a reach of over 90 meters.
- Length: 30 inches
- Firing Range: Over 90 feet
- Weight: 4.3 lb
- Drop grip
- Targeting scope
- Dual-rail barrel
- Storage stock
- Includes 10 darts and a banana clip
- Great value-for-money sniper
- Good long-range shooting
- Offers over 30 combinations
- It only has 10 darts
- It needs 4 AA batteries, which must be purchased separately
The Longstrike Modulus Toy Blaster is a lightweight Nerf sniper that can be customized very easily. The bipod, barrel extension, and scope are all you need to fire on your opponent, no matter, however far they are. The sniper comes with 3 6-dart clips and 18 Elite darts, which can fire around 6 darts continuously up to 70 feet. The bipod will help to stabilize your sniper to get the perfect shot.
- Length: 30 inches
- Weight: 2 lb
- Firing Range: up to 70 feet
- Barrel extension
- It comes with 18 darts
- Three 6-dart clips
- It does not require batteries
- It does not get jammed
- Attractive looking sniper
- Improved quality scope
- Quite expensive
- Not very accurate
See also: Greatest Radio Flyer Tricycles – Reviews
What Are Nerf Sniper Rifles?
A real sniper rifle is a high-powered weapon that can shoot over vast distances with a high degree of precision. Nerf sniper rifles are toy guns that have been created by Hasbro, which looks and feels like an actual sniper rifle and fires foam discs, darts, or balls. Nerf has borrowed the key features from the sniper rifle like the scope, shoulder stock, etc., and has created a toy blaster that looks and feels just like a real-world sniper rifle.
Today, there are so many accessories available in the market such as extension barrels, Nerf darts, etc. that you can use to modify and improve your Nerf sniper rifle to amplify your fun. However, the thing to remember is that a Nerf sniper rifle is a toy for kids and adults to play with and you cannot really expect the power and precision offered by the real thing.
Types of Nerf Sniper Rifles
There are different types of Nerf sniper rifles:
Manual Nerf Guns
These come with manual dart loading, which means that you need to load the darts one at a time into the Nerf rifle. You can fire only a single dart at a time in a manual Nerf gun, which you load yourself.
Single-Shot Sniper Rifles
This allows you to fire one shot at a time and helps to keep you hidden. Since sniping is all about stealth, strategy, and control, many people prefer single-shot sniper rifles for a more genuine experience.
Automatic Nerf Guns
These come along with a dart clip, magazine, or cartridge, and depending on the capacity of the gun, you can load the clip with 6-10 Nerf darts. And, then you need to load the dart clip into the gun and you’re ready to start firing. You can fire as many darts as there are in the dart clip.
Nerf sniper rifles come in two types depending on the type of shots – single-shot sniper rifles and rapid-fire guns.
Rapid Fire Sniper Rifles
These rifles also can shoot the ammo at the same distance as the single-shot guns; however, they offer the opportunity to shoot more than a single shot at a time and do more damage. The ammo is prepped quickly and the sniper rifle allows you to fire shots in quick succession.
The option of the type of Nerf sniper depends on your personal preference and you can choose the type of Nerf sniper rifle depending on the way you like to play the game.
Things to Consider When Buying a Nerf Sniper Rifle
If you’re planning to buy a Nerf sniper rifle, there are plenty of brands and models to choose from. However, here are a few things that you should consider before you go out and buy one.
Size and Weight
Usually, Nerf sniper rifles are quite lightweight; however, for a small child moving when holding a few pounds in their hand can be a cumbersome task. Usually, Nerf snipers weigh between 1.5 lb to 5 lb. The lightweight guns generally have fewer features that may affect your game; however, on the other hand, a Nerf gun with plenty of features can be quite heavy and reduce your accuracy. So, if you are not really sure about what weight of a Nerf sniper would be ideal for your child, choose one that is around 3 lb.
Related: Top Nerf Guns in 2022
Nerf snipers are quite cool and aesthetically attractive all by themselves. However, many people customize their guns to take it to the next level. If you like your gun to be top notch, then choose a Nerf sniper that is designed for customizations. These guns usually have a modular design that let you remove and add the pieces as you desire. Some rifles also have a rail system, which allows you to attach accessories such as a laser or scope that can help to improve your game.
Nerf sniper rifles are meant to play with strategy and stealth and so, you will discover that most of the Nerf sniper rifles have limited ammunition capacity and can hold around 10-15 shots, although there are some models which can hold more. If you need more ammunition than what your Nerf gun can hold, consider getting a rifle that allows you to carry extra ammo, which will allow you to play uninterrupted without stopping to reload.
Accuracy and Range
The range and accuracy of the Nerf sniper make or break your game. The point is to shoot your opponent without them spotting you. Long-range rifles can shoot darts more than 100 ft. away, although they are less accurate. Also, because you are shooting from far away, you must consider the trajectory, wind speed, etc. And, using these guns accurately can take some practice.
Short-range snipers are for targets located at around 50 ft. and with short-range Nerf snipers, accuracy is not much of a problem, as the environmental issues are overcome by the force of the shot. However, the shorter shooting distance limits your shooting positions.
Through the years, Nerf has come out with various kinds of ammunition for the Nerf guns. The most common and popular ammo is the dart, which is made of foam and has a rubberized tip. Nerf darts come in different sizes and you must keep this in mind if you want to buy more darts in the future. Nerf guns also use rubber discs and foam balls. The rubber discs are quite fast and can be shot very far; however, since they are made of rubber, they can be quite painful. Foam balls are quite comfortable; however, they suffer in terms of range and accuracy. The ammunition that your Nerf sniper uses affects its efficiency and safety and you should buy the right ammo keeping these aspects in mind.
Nerf Sniper – Dos and Don’ts
- Keep the Nerf gun and its darts away from small kids because eating or swallowing the small parts may cause a choking hazard. Also, check that the child is not putting the foam dart or discs into his/her nose or ears.
- It is recommended that kids wear protective eyeglasses and a face mask while playing with the Nerf gun to prevent any injury.
- Clean the Nerf gun with a moist rag or a Q-tip regularly to prevent it from getting jammed.
- Check the Nerf gun for leaks by immersing it in water and patching up any holes before the gun is damaged further.
- Keep the moving parts of the gun well-lubricated because too much friction can damage the barrel of the Nerf gun and reduce the life of the gun.
- Keep your Nerf gun away from direct sunlight.
- Apply a coat of clear sealant or varnish on the baster to cover small dents or scratches and keep your Nerf gun looking beautiful.
- Avoid aiming the Nerf darts at the face or eyes.
- If your child is under the age of 3 or 4, do not allow him/her to play with a Nerf gun.
- Avoid buying fully automatic Nerf guns or machine guns for younger kids as the rapid-fire blasting can be dangerous.
- Do not dry fire the Nerf gun without any darts in it because this can make the barrel of the gun chip and also the continuous dry firing of the gun will cause stress to the spring and reduce the gun’s life.
- Avoid keeping a loaded clip in the Nerf gun as this will weaken the spring and reduce the life of the gun.
- Avoid placing your gun on rough surfaces because this will cause the gun to get scratched and damaged.
Are Nerf snipers illegal?
No, Nerf snipers are not illegal. In fact, in the US and Europe Nerf guns are 100% legal. However, in some states, there may be a restriction on carrying these around or using them in public places.
Can I bring a Nerf sniper on a plane?
As mentioned above, Nerf snipers are not illegal and you can carry them in your hand baggage on the plane. However, it is always a good idea to check with your carrier, as they may have a problem with carrying any toy gun on the flight.
Where are Nerf snipers made?
Nerf snipers are made in China and they are extremely well designed, well made and are of very high quality.
Can I use real bullets in my Nerf sniper?
Nerf sniper rifles are toy guns and make use of specially designed Nerf darts or discs. Using real bullets in your Nerf gun will spoil the gun and will also get you into trouble with the law.
Do I have to re-assemble the Nerf sniper after each use?
No, since Nerf snipers are toys, they do not have to be disassembled and reassembled anytime at all. They are ready for action at any time and can simply be taken out of the box and used.
Nerf snipers are extremely popular with both kids and adults alike, especially if you like adventures. Nerf snipers are extremely safe to use and easy to maintain and offer a realistic shooting experience. With so many brands and models of Nerf guns available, the choice can be rather confusing. However, with our detailed reviews of the top Nerf sniper rifles and buying guide, you should be able to find one that you like the most and get set to “win the war”.
- 5 Best Kids Sleeping Bags for Great Outdoors Adventures - February 12, 2022
- The Best Rain Boots for Toddlers to Keep Kids Warm and Dry - February 12, 2022
- Best Strollers For Big Kids – Detailed Ranking 2022 - February 12, 2022