Do you really need to get a mini-fridge for breast milk storage?
Well, it’s in the middle of the night, and the little one wants to feed. Do you really want to go all the way to the kitchen to get a bottle from the fridge?….No?… I thought so too.
You have pumped so much milk at work, but where will you keep it? How will you transport it back home?
These are some of the questions you need to answer before making that purchase decision. But in my opinion, a mini-fridge is essential and convenient for nighttime feeding and storing and transporting breast milk from work.
Best Mini Fridge for Breast Milk
This article shall provide a round-up review of mini-fridges that you can use at home and in the office.
This mini-fridge comes highly recommended by moms due to its ability to keep breast milk cold after pumping at work or in the bedroom at night. Also, you do not have to keep running downstairs to put the milk you have pumped in the fridge or pick a bottle when your baby wants to feed.
It has a cooling capacity of 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit, which is cold enough to store breast milk for a few hours before freezing it.
In addition, it is portable so you can easily carry it to the office to store breastmilk or your lunch and move it from one room in the house to another for convenience.
Other than keeping the milk or food cold, this little fridge can be used as a food warmer. It has a thermoelectric system that easily allows you to switch from cooler to warmer depending on your preference.
Moreover, despite its compact design, it can accommodate about six 12oz. cans. In addition, the top rack is removable to allow you to store tall baby bottles along with their nipples and caps.
This mini-fridge comes ready for use with AC/DC and USB power adapters included. This means that you can use it in the house and the car using the cigarette adapter. It can also be powered by a 2A power bank using the USB cord, making it even more convenient.
- It is energy efficient
- Easy to switch from cooler to warmer
- Very portable and lightweight
- It is super quiet, so it can be kept in the baby’s nursery, bedroom, or in your office.
- It’s 100% safe to use and free of Freon
- It does not come with a key to lock the door, so be careful when carrying it
This mini fridge can keep the milk either cold or warm, depending on what you choose. It can keep the milk or any food cold up to zero degrees Celsius (32 degrees F) within one hour or warm up to 66 degrees Celsius (150 degrees F).
It can easily fit six 12oz cans. While the shelf comes in handy for storing small containers of yogurt and fruits, it can be removed to allow you to fit tall baby bottles.
In addition, its compact design and handle make it very portable. You can bring it to the office to store breast milk after pumping and take it home.
Moreover, this mini fridge comes with two plugs for standard walls and outlets. It is also ideal for traveling with breast milk in the car because it can be plugged into a 12V cigarette adapter.
An important thing to note is that this mini fridge is not meant to heat cold items since it is not a microwave; rather, it keeps warm items. The warm items are meant to stay warm in the fridge for several hours as long as the door remains closed.
- It is lightweight, which makes it portable
- Keeps milk cold even on a hot day
- This mini fridge can be plugged into a cigarette adapter when traveling to keep the milk cold
- It does not make any loud noises when powered on, so you can keep it in the office, bedroom, or nursery
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- It does not have a temperature gauge. You can either turn the switch to cold or warm.
This is another portable mini fridge that you can bring along when transporting breast milk.
It has both cooler and warmer options, so you can choose to cool your items or keep them warm. Of course, it is important to keep the breast milk cold, especially when it is freshly pumped.
This mini fridge does not freeze the items, so if you are using it to transport breastmilk from work, remember to freeze the milk immediately you get home to remain fresh for a long time.
It comes in two options; one with a speaker and the other without. An integrated speaker connects to any compatible smart device allowing you to stream music and podcasts as you enjoy the cold drinks. This is, however ideal for use in the dorm or at a campsite.
Choose the mini-fridge without the speaker if you will be using it in the office, bedroom, or baby’s nursery.
Moreover, this mini fridge is eco-friendly since it uses advanced semiconductors free of refrigerants and CFC.
- It comes with 2 detachable power chords; 1 for AC and the other for DC
- It is compact, lightweight, and portable
- Can use the cigarette adapter outlet in the car
- It is ETL Certified, which means that it is safe and efficient to use
- It has a self-locking latch to ensure the door is locked tightly when carrying it.
- It has a built-in fan for heat dissipation.
- Very quiet when running despite having a fan
- If you want something frozen, this mini fridge will not get to the freezing point. However, it makes items cold very quickly.
Related article: First rated warmers for frozen breast milk
Midea is one company that is widely known for producing freezers and refrigerators of the highest quality in different styles and functions. Its mini-fridge is no exception.
The Midea mini-fridge is of outstanding quality and high value. It is energy efficient and designed to fit in small and quiet places such as dorms, offices, bedrooms, and nurseries. This is because it features a whisper-quiet compressor that cycles quietly on and off such that you hardly notice its presence.
Most importantly, it has a larger capacity compared to the options we have reviewed above. So if you are looking for a bigger mini fridge that can hold more milk bottles, this is the right option for you.
In addition, it has a huge freezer compartment that freezes food and milk. This means you can freeze breast milk immediately after pumping in the bedroom at night or in the office.
- It runs very quietly; you hardly notice it is there
- Keeps breast milk and food perfectly chilled
- Very lightweight; hence portable
- It has a temperature gauge
- Perfect for small spaces
- Chills food speedy
This mini fridge uses very minimal energy -70 watts- to keep beverages and food cold without taking up too much space.
It has a removable glass shelf so you can store tall bottles of baby’s milk or your own beverages like soda and juice. In addition, it has extra storage on the door that can fit more bottles and cans.
Moreover, this mini fridge has adjustable temperature control, a reversible door, and leveling legs.
- It produces shallow sound when operating; hence, ideal for bedroom or nursery
- Adjustable temperature control
- Very easy to clean
- It comes with an ice tray and makes ice too
- Has additional storage on the door
- It would be best if you defrosted it once in a while due to ice build-up
It ensures your baby’s milk is ready within arm’s reach so that you do not have to run downstairs to pick a bottle every time.
It can be used either at home or on the go since it comes with home and car electric plug-ins.
In addition, it has automatic temperature control to either keep the milk cool or warm, depending on your preference. It can cool down to 37 degrees F below room temperature and warm up to 150 degrees F.
If you want to store tall bottles of milk, the shelf can be removed for extra space.
- Lightweight and portable
- It comes with home and car electric plug-ins
- It keeps food pretty cold
- Has automatic temperature control
- Perfect for small spaces
- It takes a while to get cold but once properly plugged in; it gets cold pretty good
- Its fan is a little loud
There is no doubt that a mini-fridge for breast milk gives nursing moms the convenience they need to feed their babies anywhere.
Exclusively breastfeeding moms don’t have to worry when they go back to work because they can still pump and store the milk in a portable mini-fridge, then take it home after work to freeze it.
Also, if you do pump at night, the mini-fridge will help store the milk in your bedroom or nursery until the next day, when you can take it to the freezer.
- Pros & Cons of Baby Bottles: Glass vs Silicone vs Plastic - February 12, 2022
- What Should Baby Wear Under Swaddle? - February 12, 2022
- Top 6 Best Snow Boots for Kids in 2022 – Reviews - February 6, 2022
Last update on 2022-05-16 at 18:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API