Are you in need of a new microwave oven? If you have already started looking at the options, you are probably overwhelmed by the choice.
You need to decide which type of microwave you want – countertop, over the range or built in first. This, of course, depends on the space you have allotted for your new appliance.
Once you have that established, you need to measure the space and look for the most suitable microwave dimension-wise.
You also need to make sure that the capacity of the oven will be sufficient to meet your needs. There are microwaves with very large cavities and without turntables which can fit all kinds of dish sizes and food types, and others are smaller and more suitable for smaller dishes and utensils.
The functionality of the different microwave ovens also differs. Some have added features such as preset programs, one-touch control, as well as additional cooking functions apart from the normal reheating and defrosting functions.
Of course, other factors such as the price, the warranty, the design and color, the ease of use and other features are also essential when you are picking the best microwave oven for your needs.
After months of testing and reviewing some of the most popular microwave ovens on the market, we are finally ready with our top 10 list of the best microwave ovens for 2019.
- Can adjust the volume and completely remove all beeps
- A convenient 0.8 cubic ft. capacity
- Contemporary all-black metal design
- Very compact footprint suitable for small spaces (19.2 x 15.9 x 11.5 inches)
- 10 power settings, 900 watts
- Defrost function by weight or time
- Easy to understand and use digital controls
- Interior LED light for monitoring the cooking process
- A 6-inch glass turntable
- 6 pre-set programs which can be switched on with a single touch of a button: popcorn, pizza, beverage, dinner plate, frozen vegetables or potatoes
- A power saving mode
- A child-proof safety lock
- Easy to grip door, hassle free and quiet door opening and closing
- Budget-friendly price
- It is smaller and with a lower power than some of the others
This compact microwave oven from Toshiba is very good looking and it takes up very little space, so it is suitable for smaller kitchens, RVs, dorm rooms, offices or other tight spaces.
It is easy to use, easy to clean and has all the essential preset programs and one-touch functioning which you need if you are looking for a basic, small and affordable countertop microwave oven.
- Easy to use, with 6 quick preset menu buttons
- Compact dimensions of 17.3 x 13.4 x 10.2 inches
- 700 watts, 10 adjustable power levels
- a 0.7 cubic ft. capacity
- available also n black and white color
- child-safe lockout feature
- A timer which is very easy to set
- Defrost according to time or weight
- A bright LED display and intuitive controls
- Budget-friendly price
- This is a small and not so powerful oven like some of the more expensive and bigger units on the list
If you need a small, inexpensive and yet reliable and pretty little microwave oven, this particular model from Hamilton Beach is an excellent option. It has a tiny footprint, looks great, and features intuitive controls as well as all of the most popular preset cooking programs for a fast and easy setting. It is definitely one of our top favorites for a budget-friendly microwave oven.
- Durable stainless steel door with a see-through glass and an anti-theft security system
- Very powerful microwave- 1000 watts
- A handy grab and go door handle
- Cooking capacity of 0.8 cubic feet
- A bottom energy feed system for fast and even cooking and heating which doesn’t need a turntable mechanism
- 6 x 20.1 x 12 inches of countertop space
- Easy timer adjustment via the control knob and the useful display
- Cooking cycle stops once you open the door and continuous once you close it
- Doesn’t have a preset defrost function
This is a top quality countertop microwave oven, which is extremely easy to use, set and open. The powerful bottom energy feed powered by 1000 watts will ensure that your meals, snacks, and beverages are ready much faster and more evenly than ever. It is a durable, commercial-grade microwave which is suitable both for professional kitchens as well as for home use.
- A 1.1 cubic ft. capacity
- Made of sturdy stainless steel
- A pretty, red colored design
- 1000 watts and 10 power levels
- Small size – 20.2 x 17.1 x 12.1 inches, 34.7 lbs.
- 6 quick set cooking menu buttons – popcorn, soup, beverage, frozen vegetables, potato and dinner plate
- Childproof locking system
- Defrosting can be done by either weight or time
- A 1-year warranty
- One touch programming
- A convenient kitchen timer
- The 5 beeps cannot be muted
This is a very well built and easy to use, beautifully designed and colored microwave oven. It has a large capacity and is powerful enough to ensure that your meals are cooked, reheated or defrosted right on time for your meal. It is affordable and has some useful features which will make working with it and setting it up – a breeze.
- A durable stainless steel construction of the exterior, interior, and door
- Easy to use touch control with 10 preprogrammed cooking settings and 10 customizable ones
- An express defrost function for last minute quick defrosting
- Powerful oven – 1000 watts
- Will withstand everyday medium-duty commercial usage
- Convenient dimensions of 20 1.2 x 12 1/8 x 16 inches, and 37 lbs. of weight, allows it to fit comfortably on any countertop
- Sufficient cavity capacity – dimensions are 13 7/8 x 8 1/8 x 14 5/8 inches
- Long and durable 60-inch power cord
- Doesn’t have a rotating glass turntable
This is a professional grade countertop microwave oven which will withstand some serious wear and tear and continuous usage. It is perfect for restaurants, office kitchens, and other places, where the oven will be used on a continuous basis day after day.
It is compact, made entirely of stainless steel and very sturdy. Plus, it has 10 preset programs and 10 which you can customize for easy and quick access to your favorite cooking, heating or other settings.
- Available at a very reasonable price
- A 0.7 capacity which is large enough to accommodate most plates and foods
- 700 watts and 10 adjustable power levels
- 8 quick access buttons for popcorn, frozen veggies, soup, pizza and other common foods and beverages
- An option for ultra-fast 30-second express cooking
- A weight and time defrost feature
- 3 preset cooking programs which are easily accessible via the one-touch buttons
- An easy to clean removable glass turntable
- Bright interior light
- A child-proof safety lock
- Extremely small countertop footprint – only 13.9 x 17.3 x 10.2 inches, and only 21.6 lbs.
- It doesn’t cook as fast as the larger and more powerful models
The Magic Chef 0.7 cu ft. microwave is an impeccable choice if you have very limited space, and if you want a small, versatile and inexpensive microwave which can perform all of the tasks such as defrosting, reheating and cooking like the other more powerful and more expensive microwave ovens. It is easy to set and use and its small dimensions make it perfect for dorm rooms, smaller kitchens, RVs or other tight spaces.
- A large cavity with a capacity of 1.2 cubic ft. which isn’t limited by a turntable – suitable for dishes of all sizes
- Made of sturdy and easy to clean stainless steel
- Powerful 1000 watts
- 100 programmable menu items
- Flexible timer
- 5 power levels
- Braille touch pads
- Grab and go sturdy handle
- A see-through door and a brightly lighted interior
- Commercial range, made in the USA and tested in accordance with all electrical safety standards
- A 5 ft. power cord
- A limited 3-year warranty
- It is larger than some of the other countertop microwave ovens on this list (25.7 x 19.8 x 17 inches, 41 lbs.)
This is possibly one of the sturdiest commercial range microwave ovens on the market right now. It has a very large capacity and lacks a turntable which makes it even more convenient for fitting large dishes and food items. It is very durable, made of strong stainless steel, and has 100 programmable cooking menu options for a consistent and hassle-free cooking experience.
- An eye-catching classic vintage design and beautiful red color
- A capacity of 0.7 cubic ft.
- 700 watts
- Features 12 pre-set programs and a delayed timer function
- Easy to see LED display and a digital clock
- A rotating carousel for even cooking
- Sleek chrome handle and control panel elements
- A simple and intuitive turn and push setting dial
- Compact footprint and quiet operation
- The timer can be re-adjusted in 10-second increments during the cooking cycle
- Very compact – 18 x 14.17 x 10.25 inches, 25.7 lbs.
- Not as powerful as the commercial grade, larger microwaves
This is a charming kitchen appliance which will take up very little space, and yet can be used for reheating, defrosting and cooking with ease. It is affordable, efficient, beautifully designed and has several useful pre-set programs to make your life easier when working on the settings.
- A very large capacity of 2.2 cubic ft. (the dimensions of the cavity are 10 15/16 x 18 7/16 x 18 ½ inches)
- The most powerful microwave on our list – 1250 watts with 10 power levels
- Features the patented inverter technology for faster and even more consistent cooking – no more hot spots
- Inverter speedy turbo defrost function for last-minute defrosting and thawing
- 14 preset cooking menus
- A handy keep warm function
- Can be used for steaming, braising and poaching to perfection
- Not as large of a footprint for the large interior capacity (23 7/8 x 19 7/16 x 14 inches)
- Sleek modern design
- Easy to use touch controls
- A safety lock
- The beeps are very quiet, so you may miss them in a busy or noisy kitchen or household
This is a very large capacity, powerful, inverter fitted microwave which will allow you to prepare very evenly cooked meals, without any cold and underdone, or hot and burnt parts. It has a huge cavity and yet it doesn’t take up much more countertop space than some of the other microwave ovens with smaller capacities. It is a sleek looking, easy to use and highly efficient microwave oven suitable for large families and for people who want the most powerful unit on the market!
- The inverted technology helps provide a continuous stream of cooking power at all settings for a more precise cooking experience which preserves the flavor and texture of your meals
- The patented inverter allows for easy and delicious poaching, braising and steaming of different dishes, unlike most other microwave ovens
- Powerful 1250 watt unit
- A 1.6 cubic ft. capacity which can fit a whole turkey
- 14 convenient preset auto-cook programs including pizza, oatmeal, pasta, soup and many more
- A 15-inch turntable
- An easy to set timer, with a time delay and a quick minute function
- A quick popcorn control key
- A turbo defrost, a sensor reheat and a keep warm feature
- Easy control thanks to the membrane keypad
- 10 different power settings
- The door is released via a push button
- Relatively small countertop footprint 21 5/7 x 19 7/16 x 12 inches, a weight of 32 lbs.
- Modern design which will suit any kitchen interior
- The beep of the alarm can be switched off for added convenience
- Available at a very reasonable price for the value and multiple functions it provides
- You may need to help the door open with your other hand after you press the open button
This large capacity microwave oven has a unique patented inverter technology which differentiates it from other microwave ovens. It helps to cook the food faster, more evenly and to help maintain the delicious taste of the food being prepared.
It is affordable, easy to use, and has a multitude of helpful preset programs for cooking different foods as well as a number of quick control keys for popular functions such as popcorn, turbo defrosting, keeping warm and others. Definitely, worth the money, you will pay for it!
So, these are the best microwave ovens currently being offered at the market. Remember that before you pick a new microwave, you need to decide whether you want a countertop, an over-the-range or a built-in one. Of course, don’t forget to take the measurements of the space you have allotted for your oven before ordering a new one.
Some of the important features to look for when choosing which one of these microwave ovens to choose include: the wattage, the footprint and dimensions, the capacity of the cavity, the power levels, the ease of use, the ease of cleaning, whether there are useful pre-set programs and quick start options, whether there is a turntable or not, a timer, digital or analogue controls, internal light, beeps, the design, the durability of the unit and other options which you would like to have.
Some of the models listed have inverter functions, and others are simpler and much less expensive but have all the functionality you will need if you don’t use the microwave for everyday cooking.
Our list also includes some affordable commercial ovens, which are suitable both for professional kitchens as well as for home use.
Whichever microwave you choose from our list, you can be sure that you are making the right choice. We have thoroughly tested them all for popcorn, defrosting, reheating, cooking and for their overall functionality and versatility.
Also, we have picked the best-priced microwaves for the quality and value you will receive, so go ahead and order your new microwave oven now, and get that popcorn ready!
Thank you for reading this review and good luck with your new purchase!
Last update on 2019-04-26 at 08:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API