The watch has been one of the most important accessories for men for centuries. A wristwatch is not only a fashion statement, a status symbol but is also a sign that the person wearing it is punctual and well cultured.
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars for a good men’s watch, though.
There are some watches that cost less than $200 and even $100, that look great and perform perfectly too, like the top-rated Seiko 5 SNZF17.
Here is a list of the best men’s watches you can buy for under $200 in 2020.
Seiko 5 Sports has become a world-recognized staple in the industry of men’s watches. It costs less than $200 but is a stylish, water-resistant and perfectly reliable men’s watch.
The Seiko 5 SNZF17 features a stainless steel case and band. It has a push-button deployment clasp with an added safety feature, to allow for easy placement and removal, and still keep it safe from getting loose and falling off.
The watch has a Japanese Seiko 7S36 automatic movement and a long 40 hour power reserve.
Its case size is 41mm, and it has a thickness of 13mm. The width of the band is 22mm, and it is 7.5 inches long. It weighs 5.26-oz.
The dial is black with dot hour illuminated markers and added minute markers on its outer rim.
It is protected by durable Hardlex Crystal, which is scratch resistant.
The timepiece also has a day and date display window. It is surrounded by a functional unidirectional bezel.
The Seiko 5 is water-resistant to up to 300 feet (100 meters).
Overall, this is a great looking casual men’s watch for under $200. It is precise, made of premium quality materials and parts, and is water-resistant.
It is an excellent choice for a first watch or for somebody who wants a practical and elegant watch but is not ready to break the bank for one of the higher-end timepieces just yet.
The Casio Edifice EF-527D-1AVEF has an amazingly cool design, multiple functionalities, and still costs less than $200.
The 45mm case features a chronograph display that will allow you to measure things like fuel consumption or speed when flying an airplane, convert gallons to lbs. and more.
It looks and works like one of the mechanical chronograph timepieces that cost thousands of dollars.
The case and band are made of stainless steel. The case is 11mm thick, and the band is 18mm wide. It has a threefold buckle with a deployment buckle clasp.
The dial is black and round and is protected by a scratch-resistant mineral window glass.
The watch has a Japanese quartz movement and is water-resistant to up to 100m.
It has a date window, and datum and light added features, as well as a 1/20 second chronograph for measuring elapsed time.
The elegant and affordable watch works with an SR927W battery, which has a life of up to 2 years. The accuracy of the watch is +-20 seconds per month.
With the Casio Edifice, you will look elegant and cool without having to splurge out for a thousand dollar watch.
Best bang for the buck
This men’s watch for under $200 looks super stylish and chic, and it currently costs less than $100.
It is also multi-functional and has the name Michael Kors on it, which adds to its elegant look and feel.
The watch is available in different colors and material options, so everyone can the best one to fit their personal style.
It works with a three-hand Japanese quartz movement. The case has a 44mm diameter and is only 9mm thick.
The band is made of stainless steel and is a classic three-link adjustable bracelet with a deployment clasp closure. It is 9.5 inches long and 21mm wide.
The face is made of mineral crystal glass.
The dial is monochromatic and with a sunray design.
The watch is water-resistant to 50m so that it will withstand rain or swimming.
It looks absolutely stunning, works perfectly, and is offered at an amazingly attractive price.
This Michael Kors men’s watch is an excellent option if you are looking for a present for a loved one and want to find the best-priced watch for the value offered.
The rest of the best men’s watches under $200 for 2020
Inspired by vintage military menswear, this affordable and rugged Eco-Drive Chronograph Canvas watch by Citizen is one of the best options on the market if you want to pay less than $200 for a premium quality watch. Plus, this is a watch that will never need a battery replacement.
- Inspired by military-style design and build
- With a Japanese quartz movement and an analog display
- Features 12 and 24 hour time
- It does not require batteries, and charges from natural or indoor light thanks to the Eco-Drive technology
- The stainless steel case size is 39mm in diameter and 11mm in thickness, and it has a screw back
- Black analog dial with large Arabic numerals
- The dial window is made of scratch-resistant mineral crystal
- There are three sub-dials
- The hour and minute hands are luminous, and the second hand is in contrasting red color
- The band is made of rugged military-style green canvas, and has a buckle closure and is 21mm wide, and 7.5 inches long
- The watch is water-resistant to 100m, suitable for swimming and snorkeling
- Suitable for work and for everyday wear
Bulova is an American watchmaker established back in 1875, who makes affordable and yet top quality watches. Bulova has been the Olympic Games timekeeper and also has been worn by James Bond.
This one costs less than $100 and still is beautifully made, and is a superb option for a first watch.
- A Japanese quartz movement and an analog display
- A 37mm stainless steel case that is 5.9mm thick
- A white textured dial and polished rose gold bezel, hour indices and hands
- Croco-embossed brown leather band with buckle closure – it is 9 inches long and 20mm wide
- A mineral dial window
- 30m water resistant can withstand splashes
- It works with 1 LR44 battery
- It weighs 1.45-oz
Elgin is another famous American watch brand that used to be the preferred timepiece for the US army.
The Elgin chronograph FK1184S-W still has the quality and features like those used by the army, and it costs less than $200.
- Made by reputable USA watchmaker
- A quartz movement and analog round display
- A 39mm stainless steel case that is 12mm thick
- Stainless steel band with a width of 16mm
- A date display window
- White dial with luminous index
- 200m water resistant
- It has a premium look and feel, and costs less than $200
Part of the Bertucci “Original Classics” line, this watch features one of the most popular and sought after designs in the watchmaking industry. It is rugged and yet lightweight and comfortable. Plus, the watch looks great and costs less than $200.
- A 40mm solid titanium case with patented sandblasted matted finish for lighter weight and added durability
- A Japanese quartz movement
- The case is 13.5mm in thickness
- A 22.2mm wide, patented two-ply nylon band for added sturdiness and comfort
- The green band is all stitched with metal grommets and hardware and has a buckle clasp
- The glass is hardened scratch-resistant mineral
- A black analog dial with large and clear Arabic numerals
- The date and time window and the screw-down crown are set at a 4 o’clock position for easy access
- The watch is 330 feet (100 meters) water-resistant and suitable for swimming and snorkeling
- It weighs only 1.9-oz.
If you really want to be the proud owner of a Swiss watch but are on a tight budget, the good news is, you can get this fantastic Tissot watch for under $200.
- The watch has a timeless classic design
- Made by Tissot, one of the most famous Swiss watchmakers in the world, and the official timekeeper of NASCAR
- A swizz quartz movement and traditional analog display
- A silver dial with Roman numerals for the hour markers
- There are minute markers on the outer rim of the dial
- The hour and minute hands are also stylishly silver toned
- A 42mm stainless steel case with a fixed bezel
- The thickness of the case is 7.4mm
- The dial window is made of anti-reflective sapphire
- A brown leather strap which is 20mm wide
- It has a date window
- Water-resistant to up to 99 feet
- The timepiece weighs 16-oz.
This solar-powered Seiko watch under $200 can hold power for up to 10 months per charge, and will never require a change of the batteries.
- Classic design with a sunray dial and sword-shaped hands
- There is a date window at 3 o’clock
- The case is 37mm in diameter, 9.6mm in thickness, and is made of brushed stainless steel
- The dial window is from durable Hardlex
- Thanks to the solar-powered feature, you won’t need to replace batteries and can charge it from the sun or a lamp once in every 10 months
- Japanese quartz movement and analog display
- A 19mm wide stainless steel link bracelet with a convenient push-button clasp
- The timepiece is water-resistant to 100 feet, 30m, and 3 bar
If you really want to save money on a new watch, but don’t want to compromise with either its looks or its functionality, then you may want to opt for this Invicta Speedway Chronograph watch. It costs less than $60 but looks like an expensive timepiece.
- 5mm stainless steel case
- The case is 13mm thick
- A mineral dial window
- The dial is silver and has laminated hands for easy viewing at night
- There are 3 chronograph subdials with 60 seconds, 60 minutes, as well as a 24 hour time dial
- There is a start, stop and reset button
- A date window at 4 o’clock
- Japanese quartz movement
- Triple row stainless steel bracelet with a fold-over clasp that is 23mm wide, and 205mm long
- A screw-down case back
- 200m water resistant
- It is also shock-resistant
- It weighs 6-oz
This G-Shock sports watch by Casio is one of the favorite rugged watches in the US and around the world. And you can buy it for less than $100.
- Shock-resistant case and design
- 200m water resistance
- The size of the case is 48.5 x 43 x 14.7mm
- The case is made of resin
- The band is also made of durable resin which is 24.9mm wide and 9 inches long and closes with a buckle clasp
- The digital watch has a convenient electro-luminescent backlight with afterglow for easy viewing in the dark
- The glass is mineral crystal
- It has multiple features including a 1/100 second stopwatch, an auto-repeat function, a countdown alarm, auto calendar for the day, date and month for up to 2039, 12 and 24-hour formats, hourly time signal
- It is powered by a CR2016 battery which has a life of up to 2 years
Who says that you need to pay thousands of dollars for a good quality smartwatch? With the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier, you will have a stylish and multifunctional smartwatch for less than $200.
- The watch can be paired to a smartphone, or other Bluetooth enabled device
- It has a 1.3 inch super AMOLED full-color display
- You can use the timepiece to answer calls, read text messages and get notifications without having to take your phone out
- The steel bezel can be rotated in order to access the different apps and notifications
- It also features Samsung pay so you can make payments with a swipe of your hand
- It works with a 380mAh Li-ion battery
- It has a military-grade performance and is dust, water, extreme temperature, and shock-resistant
- This is the US version, but an international one is available as well
- The strap is with a buckle
- An elegant design
Yes, you can get an authentic Fossil men’s watch for under $200 too! This gorgeous watch is reasonably priced and is very masculine and has multiple functions.
- A 50mm case size and a large easy to read dial
- A quartz chronograph movement and analog display with three hands
- The case, dial, and band are all black plated stainless steel
- There is also a date window and Arabic numerals also colored in a gunmetal tone
- The dial window is made of mineral glass
- The watch can be used as a stopwatch
- It has three separate dials – for the seconds, for minutes, as well as a 24 hour dial
- The band is 24mm wide and has a deployment buckle
- It is water-resistant to 50m (165 feet)
- It is sold in a gorgeous Fossil giftable tin
- The timepiece weighs 10.4-oz.
This affordable Armani Exchange watch is an eye-catching timepiece that is sturdily and beautifully built, and it currently costs less than $100.
- A stylish all-black design
- The dial is grid textured with ribbed hour track
- It features the Armani Exchange logo at 12 o’clock, but it is discreet too
- Its hands are in gunmetal color, and so is the date window
- The stainless steel case has a diameter of 46mm and a thickness of 10.9mm
- The dial window is from scratch-resistant mineral
- A quartz movement with an analog display
- The black stainless steel bracelet has a strong foldover clasp to keep it safe on your wrist
- The band is 22mm wide and 10 inches long
- It is water-resistant for up to 50m (165 feet)
- It is also available in other luxurious colored finishes
- Works with a lithium-ion battery
Last update on 2020-08-14 at 00:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API