Do you feel like you can’t leave the baby alone for even a second without worrying to death about its wellbeing? Or you can’t get a good night’s sleep because you keep getting up to check on the baby?
With a good quality long-range baby monitor like the Dragon Touch DT50, you can easily go on with your everyday activities, so your chores, enjoy some alone or relax time, and sleep soundly knowing that the device will alert if you if the baby is crying or there is movement in its nursery.
Baby monitors that do not rely on the internet or on your Wi-Fi are much more reliable and much more secure. Plus, they come with separate monitors rather than use apps on your phone or tablet.
There are baby monitors that offer both audio and video real-time monitoring, as well as audio-only units which are of the highest quality and which have long ranges for peace of mind.
We have reviewed a large number of these useful devices and have picked the perfect long-range baby monitors for 2021 for you.
Best Long Range Baby Monitor
The Dragon Touch DT50 is the overall first-rate long-range baby monitor for 2021 for a number of reasons.
Firstly, it has a really long range of up to 1,000 feet, which is the most important feature we were looking for.
Also, it is very easy to set up and use, which is another feature that all new parents will really appreciate, as we know how precious every second is when there is a new baby at home.
This versatile long-range baby monitor allows for audio and video monitoring from a large distance. You can also use the audio-only function to save power.
The size of the monitor is 8 x 5.3 x 4.2 inches, and it has a 5 inch LCD color screen, which will provide you with a clear view of everything that is going on in the baby’s room.
The compact camera can pan horizontally at 350 degrees and tilt vertically at 90 degrees, so you can have a full view of the nursery at all times. It also has a digital zoom feature, so you can take a closer look at the little one or zoom out for a full view of the nursery.
The camera has a useful and very clear automatic night vision feature, so you can see what the little one is doing without waking it up in the middle of the night.
It also has automatic motion detection, so you won’t miss anything that is going on with the baby and around it.
The baby monitor is connected to the camera via a 2.4GHz FHSS wireless connection, which is powerful and reliable, no matter how far you are.
The monitor also comes with a number of very useful features including a room temperature monitor and alarm if the temperature changes as well as a smart VOX mode.
Also, you can set up useful feeding alerts, so you never miss the feeding time for your bundle of joy.
Thanks to the sweet lullaby function of the monitor, you can play soothing melodies to the baby from a distance as well. If you prefer, you can calm down the baby yourself by using the two-way talk feature. This feature is also particularly useful if you want to speak to the other parent in the nursery, to your babysitter, or to anybody else in the house from a distance.
It also has sound-activated lights.
When you don’t want to be disturbed at night by the video, you can switch the video off and leave the audio baby monitor on only. If the camera detects a sound, it will switch on the video automatically.
The baby monitor can be expanded by adding up to 4 cameras, if you want to use it for the rooms of the other kids, or if you want a complete view of the nursery or another area at home.
Thanks to the reliable wireless connection, the high quality of both the camera and the monitor, as well as the multiple useful features, the very reasonable price, and the long-range of this baby monitor, we have awarded it first place in this list of the top long-range monitors for 2021.
The second best long-range baby monitor for the year has a range of up to 700 feet, and a reliable and strong connection allowing you to see every movement or expression on your baby’s face in real-time.
It is another time and effort-saving plug-and-play device, which you can start using immediately right out of the box.
No internet or Wi-Fi connectivity is required, and you don’t need to download an app on your mobile phone to use this premium quality video baby monitor.
You can use this long-range baby monitor in video-only or audio-only, or in a combined audiovisual mode as needed.
It provides a crisp clear picture and sound with no interference, no matter where you are in the house or apartment.
The monitor itself is compact and easy to carry around. Its color LCD screen is 3.5 inches in diagonal.
The premium quality camera has an interchangeable optical lens, so you can customize the view and angle as you prefer it. The built-in lens is f 2.8, and the camera has the capability of shooting at a high quality 640 x 480 (VGA). The interchangeable lenses are wide-angle and optical zoom ones.
The camera pans horizontally to 270 degrees and tilts vertically to 120 degrees for a full view of the baby’s room.
Unlike traditional internet cameras, this one doesn’t require time to load an app and will not take up your phone’s screen. In fact, you will receive real-time video feedback at all times, with no lag, for peace of mind that everything is alright with your baby.
Thanks to the direct connection between the camera and the monitor via a secure 2.4Ghz FHSS channel, you can rest assured that the video and audio transmitted between them remain completely private because it doesn’t really pass through the internet where it could be hacked or intercepted. The monitor works perfectly even if you don’t have a Wi-Fi network at home.
The award-winning Infant Optics DXR-8 long-range baby monitor has a number of other useful features that every parent will appreciate such as a sound-activated light so you can see in the dark when the lights and the video is off, a remote thermometer, so you can monitor the ambient temperature in the nursery, an invisible IR night vision, so you can monitor your baby without waking it up, an alarm, as well as a two-way talk function.
The monitor has a 12-hour battery life with the audio-only mode on and 8-hour battery life when the video screen is on continuously.
The monitor works with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, so you don’t need to worry about buying replacements.
Overall, with this top-quality and feature-packed long-range baby monitor by Infant Optics, you can do your chores, work, relax or spend time to yourself and still have peace of mind that you know exactly what is going on with your baby in this same exact moment!
The best budget-friendly option
If you don’t want to spend too much money on a sophisticated high-tech gadget with all the bells and whistles, but still have a reliable long-range baby monitor, then we suggest you opt for the VTech DM221 Audio Baby Monitor.
This inexpensive long-range baby monitor costs only around $20 and yet has a very long range of up to 1,000 feet and a number of useful features to ensure that you always know what your baby is doing and when it needs you.
This affordable baby monitor is audio-only but has a number of other useful functions including a five-level sound indicator that will let you know whether the baby is making a noise or crying, even when you have muted the monitor.
The monitor offers superb DECT 6.0 audio at all times, and wherever you are in the house or garden.
It also has a vibrating alert that will inform you if the baby is crying or there is noise in the nursery.
Also, you can talk to your baby even you are in the garden or in the kitchen, and soothe it from a distance thanks to the two-way talkback intercom feature.
The monitor works with rechargeable batteries which have a battery life of 18 hours, and can also work with replaceable AAA batteries as well.
The monitor has a belt clip, so you can carry it on your belt or pocket, for hands-free operation. This will allow you to perform your chores, or do something else while keeping the monitor near you at all times.
The nursery unit has a nifty nightlight which you can use to gently attend to the baby in the dark or to leave it on for a more calming atmosphere for the little one when it is alone.
The size of the monitor is 7.4 x 2.4 x 8.2 inches, and it weighs 12.8-oz.
As you can see, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars for a long-range baby monitor that works perfectly and has the functions you need to know that your baby is OK even when you are not in the nursery with it.
So, if you are not inclined on spending too much for a good quality long-range baby monitor – the VTech DM221 is definitely one of the finest budget-friendly options on the market for 2021.
The rest of the best
The top quality Philips Avent DECT baby monitor has a strong and reliable connection with the nursery unit which extends to up to 1,000 feet. It also has a clever nightlight projector and can play lullabies to your baby to soothe it and help it go to sleep even when you are not in the nursery.
- A range of up to 1,000 feet
- The monitor utilizes a reliable DECT technology connection which has no interference and is 100% private
- The monitor will eliminate any white noise and annoying crackling
- It has a talk-back feature so you can speak or sing to your little one from another room
- The nursery unit also monitors the temperature in the nursery
- The unit also has a beautiful starry night light projection as well as a lullaby option which can be activated from the nursery or from the parent unit
- There are three lullabies to choose from as well as an adjustable volume
- The LED light on the parent unit allows you to see all alerts even in the dark, and it is dimmable as well
- The night-time mode will dim the display and the sound
- It has a vibration mode which will alert you if there is noise or crying in the baby’s room
- The battery has a life of up to 18 hours of continuous use
- It comes with a docking station for easy and convenient charging
- The baby unit needs to be connected to a power outlet but has a compartment for a backup battery in case of a power failure
- It has an Eco mode which will increase the battery life and which minimizes the audio transmission
- The dimensions of the item are 3.7 x 8.66 x 6.14 inches, and it weighs 1.26 lbs.
This high-quality baby monitor has a range of up to 1,000 feet, doesn’t require a Wi-Fi connection or use mobile data, and has all the features a caring parent will need in order to know what the baby is doing at any time of the day or night.
- A long range of up to 1,000 feet
- The parent unit has a 5-inch full color 1280 x 720p HD LCD screen
- The camera can be remotely panned left or right to 360 degrees and tilted up and down to 105 degrees
- No Wi-Fi is needed, no connection to the internet for a reliable and completely private 2.4 GHz audio and video connectivity between you and your baby
- The camera has a 5M night vision
- You can add up to 4 cameras
- You can talk to the baby and speak to somebody in the other room
- The monitor has built-in lullabies
- You can monitor the temperature in the nursery and will get alerts if it gets too low or high
- The unit will alert you when the baby is crying
If you prefer to keep an eye as well as hear your baby at all times, no matter what you are doing at home, the DBPOWER video baby monitor is another excellent long-range baby monitor being offered on the market right now.
- The monitor includes a camera for the nursery and a compact monitor for the parent
- The parent monitor has a large 4.3-inch color LCD display with a 640 x 480-pixel resolution
- The range of the baby monitor is up to 1000 feet
- The two units connect via a private and reliable 2.4GHz connection and don’t require a Wi-Fi connection
- The monitor will inform you about the temperature in the nursery at all times and will alert you if there are any temperature changes
- The parent unit is rechargeable and has a user-friendly interface
- The device has a video recording function so you can record up to 32GB on a TF card if you want
- You can also set up a sound-triggered automatic recording function
- You can upgrade the system by adding up to 4 cameras and view them all simultaneously via the split-screen function of the monitor
- The camera can zoom in and out, pan at 270 degrees, and tilt up and down to 110 degrees – you can do this remotely
- You can mount the camera on a stand, wall, or ceiling thanks to the included mounting shelf
- The camera has an automatic night vision function, so you can see the baby without disturbing it or waking it up by turning the lights on
- The rechargeable battery on the parent unit has a battery life of up to 9 hours
- It has a two-way talkback function so you can speak to your baby or to another person in the nursery
- There are motion-activated lights that will let you know how much noise there is in the nursery, even if the audio is off
- The parent unit will alert you when the battery is low, when the baby is crying, or when there is a change in the temperature in the nursery. The volume of these alerts can be adjusted
- You can also play lullabies to the baby and adjust their volume as well
- The size of the monitor is 11.81 x 4.53 x 5.91 inches, and it weighs 1.8 lbs.
- The Best Rain Boots for Toddlers to Keep Kids Warm and Dry - April 24, 2021
- 5 Best Kids Sleeping Bags for Great Outdoors Adventures - April 23, 2021
- The 5 Best UV Sterilizer Freshwater Aquarium in 2021 – Reviews & Buying Guide - April 23, 2021
Last update on 2021-06-18 at 11:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API