Do you just hate having to get into those cold sheets when you go to bed? With the help of a good quality heated mattress pad, you can ensure that your bed is always warm and cozy, without the need for heavy comforters and blankets. A heated pad will also help you reduce your power bills in the winter.
We have meticulously tested a variety of these pads, and have come up with our overall best choices for 2019 for you.
Apart from our top pick – the ChiliPad Cube 2.0, we have chosen several other heated mattress pads suitable for any need and for any budget.
Kindly read on to find out more about these wonderful devices, and why we loved them all.
The ChiliPad Cube 2.0 is a versatile and feature-packed mattress pad, which comes in single, twin XL, Queen, King, and Cal King sizes.
The pad utilizes a water-based system which will regulate the temperature of the surface of your mattress via silicone micro tubes through which the water circulates.
This mattress pad can be adjusted in a wide range of temperature levels from 55 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and will help you get the best restful sleep which you deserve. You can adjust the temperature very accurately in accordance with your preferences via 1-degree increments until you reach the perfect temperature for an enhanced shut-eye experience.
The ChiliPad Cube 2.0 has been specially designed with the benefits of cold therapy, which has been proven to help with insomnia, relieve hot flashes, night sweats, and body pains.
The pad has a 10-hour auto shut off function to help save energy, and it uses only about 80W per cube, so you don’t have to fret about your power bills bulking up when you use it.
With the help of this top quality and highly efficient mattress pad, you will be able to get a good night sleep which is essential for your mental and physical health and wellbeing, and which helps your body recuperate and prepare for the next day.
The ChiliPad has single or dual temperature controls so if you choose a pad for a double bed, you can adjust the temperatures for both sides individually, so you both you and your partner feel comfortable and happy.
Each zone is controlled via a separate cube which holds the water, heats it or cools it and then circulates it in the zone of the pad. Both are connected via a tuning system and can be controlled with a wireless remote control, so you don’t need to get out of bed to adjust or tweak the temperature every time. The cubes are 9 x 9 x 7 inches and attach to the pad via 8 ft. tubes via a secure snap-in system which prevents leaks.
The pad itself can be washed in cool water in a front load washing machine.
So, this is a mattress pad which is very easy to set up and can be used all year round, with zonal cooling and heating options for complete comfort and restful sleep.
The Sunbeam Imperial heated pad for mattresses is the runner-up in our list. It comes in King, Queen, and full sizes but thanks to the Dual SimpleTouch dial controls, the heat level on both sides of the bed can be controlled and adjusted individually so that both and your partner feel comfortable and happy.
The heating pad can be adjusted to one of the 10 available temperature settings and has a safety and energy saving 10-hour auto off function.
The Imperial mattress pad by Sunbeam is made of a top quality cotton polyester blend (50/50) with a 140 thread count. The skirting is made of polyester and can fit mattresses which are up to 18 inches deep.
The controllers have auto dimming, so you won’t be bothered by the light when you adjust the heat levels in the middle of the night.
You will love the preheat function which will get your bed nice and warm while you get undressed and brush your teeth.
This is a top quality comfortable heated pad for mattresses which is sold at a very reasonable price, and which will help you relax and sleep restfully all night long.
Best budget choice
The soft quilted heated pad is available in twin, twin XL, full, Queen and King sizes and will fit all kinds of mattresses which are up to 18 inches deep.
The Sunbeam quilted heating pad has dual zone heating, so both partners can adjust the temperature on their side of the bed. The dual EasySet Pro controllers are easy to use, and you can choose one of the 10 available heating settings depending on your preferences, and without bothering your partner. The ThermoFine hearing system of his mattress pad will ensure that the heat level remains consistent throughout the night, and will switch it off automatically after 10 hours of operation.
The quilted pad is made of 100% polyester and can safely be machine washed and dried in a dryer.
The affordable heated mattress pad is very durable with a 140 thread count and a lovely quilted construction and is sold with a warranty of 5 years.
So, if you want to stay comfortable all night and sleep well even when you have turned down the thermostat in your bedroom, this Sunbeam heated mattress pad is possibly one of the most affordable ways to do so.
And here are our other top picks for 2019
The HL HEALTHYLINE is a premium quality heated mattress pad which uses infrared heating. This pad is Queen sized and has a proven positive effect for people suffering from different health conditions, and provides ultimate dual zone comfort so both people sharing the bed can sleep comfortably.
- The pad is sized 80 x 60 x 1.5 inches and weighs 32 lbs.
- It comes with a single or a dual zone LED display controller
- Helps relieve inflammations, stiffness, pain, chronic fatigue, allergic rhinitis, hypertension, arteriovenous fistulas, and diabetes
- The infrared heated pad improves blood circulation, boosts the immune system, helps with weight loss, detoxifies the body and can even stop the growth of cancerous cells
- Made of flexible Mesh JT with 320 2-inch healing certified hot gemstones (jade and tourmaline ceramic) which will help relax your muscles, relieve muscle spasms and reduce anxiety and stress to promote restful sleep
- The negative ions also will help protect you from airborne germs and boost the flow of oxygen to your brain and thus improve your overall energy levels
- The mattress pad comes with a carrying case, so you can take it with you when traveling or store it away when not in use
- The infrared heated pad is sold with a warranty of 1 year and comes with a 30-day free trial
- It is registered with the FDA as a medical device
- The adjustable temperature levels start from 95 degrees and reach up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit
- The negative ion level starts from 700cc
- The far infrared level starts from 5-14 um
- The auto shut off timer will switch the heat off in 12 hours
- All materials are non-toxic and safe
- Made of 14 layers with an advanced filtration system and EMF blocking functions
- Made in the USA
The Sunbeam Premium Luxury mattress heated pad will help you lower your power bills by up to 10% per year because with it you can turn down your thermostat and still sleep snuggly and comfortably in the colder seasons.
- Available in King and Queen sizes
- Comes with easy to use digital controllers with dual zone control and 20 personalized temperature settings
- A preheat feature will ensure that your bed is nice and warm as you get ready for sleep
- Made of quilted cotton and polyester, this pad will fit mattresses which are up to 21 inches deep
- Has a pretty and comfortable quilted design
- The heat will allow you to sleep restfully even if you have turned the thermostat down
- Sold with a 5-year warranty by the manufacturer
Features to look for in a good quality heated mattress pad
Here are the main features which you should consider when you are choosing the best-heated mattress pad:
- Ease of use of the controllers
- Quality of the pad
- Temperature control and temperature settings
- Auto shut off timer
- Double zone control of the heat if you are sharing the bed with someone
- Size and fit
- Ease of cleaning
- Versatility and additional functionalities
A heated mattress pad will do wonders for the quality of your sleep, for your daytime energy levels and for your physical and mental health. Sleeping well is essential for the recovery of the body and mind, and for your wellbeing, health, and efficiency during the day.
A good quality heating pad for your mattress will also help you reduce your bills for heating, and will eliminate the need of using all those heavy blankets in the cold winter nights.
Our top picks all have dual zone control, so you can rest assured that both you and your partner will be comfortable with the temperature levels when you go to bed.
So, go ahead and buy a heated mattress pad, and you will never again need to experience the goosebumps and unpleasant feeling of getting into a cold bed, and spending a restless and uncomfortable night ever again!
Last update on 2019-04-26 at 08:25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API