More people are starting to use gas grills as an easier, cleaner and more eco-friendly variant than traditional charcoal grills.
We have been testing a number of the gas grills available on the market in 2019, and so far we think that the Megamaster 720-0983 is the best option available.
Our team has carefully selected the top 10 best gas grills for 2019 for you, and we have ensured that there is a grill of every size, type and price range for everyone in our list.
So, read on to find out more about our favorite gas grills for 2019.
Our top overall favorite gas grill for 2019 is this propane gas grill by Megamaster with a 54,000 BTU (6 burners x 9,000 BTU’s), and an extra-large cooking area of 543 sq. inches complemented with a 210 sq. inch upper-level warming area which makes a total of 753.38 square inches of grilling space. It is the perfect grill to have if you love barbeque parties and you want to get the food for all family members and friends ready together.
The Megamaster has a nifty battery operated electronic ignition which instantly starts up the burners which are 6 in total. This means that you will get the grill heating up and ready in a matter of minutes.
Thanks to the built-in thermometer you will know exactly how the meat and other food is doing and how its doneness is, so you have the perfect grilled meat and veggies and toasty warm buns every time.
The oversized side tables on both sides of the grilling area are excellent for getting the food prepped, and for keeping your favorite beverage handy while you are grilling.
The design of this grill is very elegant, so it will look perfect in your backyard. The lid is made of porcelain enamel, and the cooking grids are made of 4mm porcelain enamel cast iron. The flame tamers and the wire rack for warming are also made of sturdy porcelain.
This gas grill works with liquid propane and the tank can be stored conveniently on the bottom shelf which has a tank hole and lock to keep it steady and safe. You can also connect the grill directly to your home propane gas line.
The Megamaster grill is easy to move, push and turn thanks to the two heavy duty wheels on the side.
The size of the gas grill is 59 x 23.5 x 45.75 inches and weighs 105 lbs.
Best of all, this powerful gas grill is very affordable, easy to maintain and clean and will allow you to cook food for as many people you want much faster than some of the more expensive grills we have tested.
Our other favorite gas grill for 2019 is a portable one from Weber. It can produce 12,000 BTU per hour and has a large 280 square inch grilling area. The cooking grates are made of porcelain enameled cast iron, and the lid and body of the Weber Q2200 gas grill are made of sturdy aluminum.
It comes fully assembled and ready to use straight out of the box, which is a definite plus for those of you hate fidgety assemblies.
The ignition is electronic and easy and quick to start and works with a single AAA battery. The Weber grill has infinite burner control valve settings.
It works on a disposable 14.1 or a 16.4 oz. liquid propane cylinder, but if you prefer you can buy an optional adapter hose for 20 lb. LP tanks as well.
The size of this portable grill when the lid and tables are open is 26 (H) x 51.4 (W) x 25.1 (D), and when the lid is closed, the unit is 15.5 inches in height. The overall weight of the grill is 42.5 lbs. The dimensions are perfect for taking the grill camping, tailgating, to a picnic or for any other outdoor event. Thanks to its 22 x 16-inch folding side tables, you will have a handy space for prepping the food and for storing the ready batch. Once you are done, you can fold them back in, and make the grill even more compact and portable.
Its lid has a built-in thermometer, so you can keep an eye on the temperature and ensure that your burgers, fish or hot dogs are perfectly grilled without opening it. The compact-sized gas grill pre-heats very quickly, and it is very easy to clean after you are done too.
This is a sturdily built portable gas grill which will last through a lot of fun days and evenings outdoors. It may be small and easy to carry and travel around with, but the cooking space and the wide unfolding side tables make it a perfect stationary grill as well. It has a small footprint of just 21 x 15 inches, so it will take up very little space in your outdoor kitchen space, your camper or wherever you choose to place it.
Best budget option
Our top choice for the best budget choice for 2019 is this propane gas grill by Char-Broil. It will cost you about $200 and yet will offer you the perfect grilling experience which you can expect from the higher end grills on the market.
It has a large 26 x 14 inch, 360 sq. inch cooking area covered with porcelain coated grates which prevent the food from sticking and is very easy to clean. You can actually fit about 15 burgers on the grill at once, which is excellent news for BBQ lovers.
In addition, there is a swing away warming rack with a size of 24 x 17 inches or a total 170 square inches to keep the food and buns warm.
The Classic 360 grill has three in-line burners made of stainless steel. The side shelves are made of metal and are 12 x 13 inches in size, which is great to keep the prepped food and the ready food or to hold your cup while you are working your magic on the grill.
The grill lid and its firebox are made of porcelain coated steel which can withstand a lot of wear and tear and all kinds of weather conditions.
Getting the Char-Broil Classic 360 grill started is a breeze thanks to the easy to use and reliable Piezo ignition system which requires a single push of a button.
The affordable gas grill has a stable stand with two side wheels and two fixed legs for stability and easy portability.
The overall dimensions of this cooking device are 51.2 (W) x 24.1 (D) x 43.5 (H) inches, and it weighs 48.5 lbs.
So, if you don’t want to break the bank but want excellent quality, weather-proof and easy to maintain gas grill, we strongly recommend the Classic 360 offered by America’s favorite grill maker – Char-Broil.
The rest of the best gas grills for 2019
- A gorgeous top of the line design, the cook box is made of shiny and easy to maintain cast aluminum which is rust-proof and burn-proof
- Works with liquid propane (20-pound tank), but is also available in a natural gas version
- A huge 769 square inch cooking surface and a primary evenly heated grilling area of 624 square inches and a warming area of 145 square inches
- The gas grill which offers the most diversity and versatility in our list
- Delivers 60,800 BTUs via its main burners made of stainless steel, and 12,000 BTUs per hour from the side burners, 10,600 BTU for the sear burner, 6,800 BTU for the smoke burner and 10,600 BTU for the rotisserie infrared burner
- Stainless steel grates and flavorizer bars which will leave wonderful sear marks on the meat and are very easy to clean up
- The flavorizers capture the drippings and add more flavor to the food
- Precision controls on the front will allow you to set the heat up to the perfect settings
- A snap-jet ignition system for each of the 6 burners allow for direct and indirect grilling and cooking
- Includes a side, a sear station, and smoker burner, as well as an infrared rotisserie burner on the back
- The rotisseries burner is in a Tuck-away system which also has a flip-up motor as well as storage for the spit and fork
- The grease management system will make cleaning and maintenance easier than ever
- The size of the grill when the lid is closed is 50.5 (H) x 74.1 (W) x 26.5 (D) inches and when it is opened – 57.1 (H) x 74.1 (W) x 30 (D) inches
- Comes with an enclosed cart
- The stainless steel shroud has an integrated thermometer
- Two separate work areas on the sides to hold the raw and the ready food
- The handle grill out lights will light up the grill for night-time cooking, and the controls are also lighted, so make sure you invite guests over for a BBQ after dusk as the grill looks particularly impressive with the lights on
- Thanks to the fuel gauge you will know exactly how much gas is left in the tank
- Sold with a 5-year warranty
- A durable stainless steel design which will withstand years of grilling and cooking outdoors
- It has 4 main burners and an additional side burner
- It comes with a detachable rotisserie
- Provides 72,000 BTUs per hour
- A 513.3 square inch main cooking area
- The pilotless ignition system will turn on the burners instantly and start preheating the grill without any hassle
- Comes with a built-in thermometer
- The large storage space below the grill can hold the propane gas tank and your grilling utensils
- It has four wheels for easy portability
- The wide side tables are perfect for meal prepping and storage
- It can be used with the lid up and down, depending on your needs
- Its dimensions are 32 x 25.5 x 25.2 inches, and it weighs 118 lbs.
- Sold at a very reasonable price for the quality of the grill
- Open cart design with two large wheels, six hooks for utensils and a 90 square inch warming rack
- 450 square inches of cooking space, including 360 square inches of primary cooking space and 90 square inches for warming
- 26,000 BTUs per hour
- Two burners with burner tools ensuring even heating and cooking
- Available in both natural gas or propane gas variants
- It comes in 4 amazing color options – ivory, sapphire, red or black
- The natural gas grill and the 10 ft. hose both come with an amazing 10 year 100% guarantee by Weber
- Features the Weber Gs4 grilling system which includes improved infinity ignition burners, a grease management system and flavorizer bars
- The cooking grates and flavorizer bars are made of cast iron which is porcelain enameled
- The size of the unit is 44.5 (H) x 48 (W) x 27 (D) inches when the lid is closed, and it weighs 100 lbs.
- There is a nifty folding left side table which you can use for prepping, storage or whatever you need it for, there is also a right table, both have hooks where you can hang your utensils, tools, towels, and others
- The LP version comes with a useful fuel gauge allowing you to monitor the gas level in the tank, and also has an easy access system to remove and place new LP tanks
- A large flat top grilling area of 720 square inches
- The grill has four stainless steel burners of 15,000 BTUs each which can be controlled individually so you get four adjustable heat zones for cooking different foods simultaneously
- The large griddle is perfect for making breakfast, lunch and dinner, including pancakes, eggs, tepanyaki style meals, steak, chicken, fish and many more, so it is a very versatile cooking device
- Made of strong steel which is powder coated for added protection and durability
- There is a handy bottom shelf to keep the prepped food or store your utensils
- You also have access to the two side tables for additional storage space
- It has 4 caster wheels so you can move it easily, and they can be locked in place for added safety and stability
- The grill has a removable griddle, and the legs are foldable for easy storage and transport
- The grill works with a standard 20 pound LP tank which can be placed on the special tank storage space under the left side table
- The grill is fired up with the push of a button
- A grease drain on the back will keep your food healthy and your cooking area clean
- The size of the unit is 62.5 x 22 x 36 inches, and it weighs 120 lbs.
Do you prefer the convenience of a portable gas grill which you can place on your picnic or outdoor table? The Cuisinart CGG-200B is one of the best tabletop gas grills available on the market for 2019.
- A total of 12,000 BTUs per hour
- Features Cuisinart’s Versatile Modular Grill Surface Veggie Panel which can be replaced easily with other available panels for grilling and cooking different types of foods – they can easily be removed to be cleaned or stored
- A sturdy stainless steel burner
- Easy start up with a twist start igniting system
- Foldable 10-inch side shelves for storage
- A handy built-in thermometer
- Convenient handles for easy portability
- Dimensions are 19 4/5 x 27 4/5 x 12 4/5 inches and weighs 36.4 lbs.
- The cooking grate is made of easy to clean porcelain enamel coated cast iron
- Works with 14.1 or 16.4 LP canisters, or you can use a 20-pound tank with an adaptor hose which you can buy separately
- Compact enough to be stored in a pantry, RV, boat or other
- A removable drip tray to clean up the grill effortlessly
- A 154 square inch porcelain enameled cast iron grate for cooking and grilling food for up to 4 people
- 9,000 BTUs
- Easy to start via the twist-start ignition system
- The wooden lid is not only beautiful but can be used as a cutting board for food prepping or as a serving board as well
- The base of the unit has storage space for a 1lb. propane gas tank
- The propane tank will stay secure and upright thanks to the nifty propane management system in the base of this portable gas grill
- A large and comfortable carry handle with a rubber grip for easy portability
- The height of the unit with the handle up is 16.75 inches
- Thanks to the stack and go design, you can easily assemble and carry the grill to wherever you please
- The dimensions of this ultra-portable gas grill are 16.2 x 13 x 10.8 inches and it weighs just 20.6 lbs.
- It has 2 stainless steel burners and a total output of 24,000 BTUs per hour
- The grill sits on a cart with a cabinet for the propane gas tank and for added storage options
- It has a cooking surface of 300 square inches (15.9 (W) x 18.5 (D) inches) which can fit about 16 average burgers
- The cooking grates are made of porcelain enameled cast iron
- It has an addition swing away rack with a warming area of 100 square inches (13.2 x 7.4 inches)
- It comes with a sturdy stainless steel lid and a UFC with a built-in thermometer on the lid for accurate temperature control
- Starts up easily via the electronic ignition
- The sturdy metal side shelves are foldable, so you can save space when you are not using the grill
- The grill cart has 4 strong caster wheels, two of which are lockable for easy portability
- The grease pan is removable for easy cleaning
- The overall size of the unit is 42.9 (W) x 24.5 (L) x 44 (H) inches and it weighs 82.5 lbs.
Tips for using and maintaining your gas grill
Gas grills are becoming increasingly popular because they are easy to start, they heat up quickly and there is no mess associated with charcoal and ashes which need to be cleaned after use. They are also eco-friendly and comply with regulations which some areas have on using charcoal grills.
Here are some of the tips for making the best out of your gas grill and for ensuring that it serves you for a long time.
Starting up the gas grill
This is a pretty simple action, but to be on the safe side always take the time to read the manual you receive with the grill before starting to use it.
Overall, the steps for starting a gas grill are pretty straightforward.
Always ensure that the grill lid is open before proceeding to start it up because this will prevent the accidental buildup of gas in case the ignition doesn’t work.
Then open the valve of the gas tank slowly and give it a few seconds. After that you can press the ignition button, or turn the knob, depending on the type of gas grill you have.
If your grill has individually controlled burners, proceed to turn on the others by using the same method. If you are switching on a nearby burner, you don’t need to use the igniter, just turn the knob or press the button.
If for some reason you have to start the grill manually, always open the lid fully before proceeding. Turn the knob of the burner you want to light and use a burning match in the hole located next to the burner.
Cooking on a gas grill
In order to get the best results, make sure you let your gas grill heat up properly before putting the food on. Turn the burners on, shut the lid and wait for about 10-15 minutes for the cooking area to heat up completely. Many gas grills have built-in thermometers on the lid, so you can keep an eye on the pre-heating temperature without opening the lid and without any guesswork.
Once it is warmed up, check for any debris on the grates and clean them with a grill brush.
When the grates are properly cleaned and heated up, you minimize the risk of your burgers or other food getting stuck to the cooking surface.
In order to get consistent results and excellent food every time, make sure you take the time to clean up the grates and cooking area after each grilling session. This will help make your food taste better and will prevent accidental flare-ups.
In case you are experiencing flare-ups while grilling food, the best solution is to ensure that there is some empty space on the grates in between the food you are grilling. In case a flare-up happens, just move the food to the empty space and let the fire go out.
For proper cooking and doneness temperatures, avoid the temptation to keep opening the lid while cooking. Every time you open it, part of the heat will escape which means that your cooking will slow down and may become uneven.
Use the different heating zones to your advantage. Some foods like whole birds, large meat cuts and certain veggies require a longer cooking time at lower temperatures. You should use an indirect cooking method in this case.
As for grilling burger or steaks, choose direct heat cooking over the burners in order to get those beautiful sear marks and a wonderful taste.
If you have a gas grill which has several burners that can be controlled individually, you can create hot and warm cooking zones to cook different types of food at the same time.
In case you miss the smoky flavor of your food which comes with charcoal grilling, you can still achieve a smoky flavor with your gas grill by using wood chips or if your grill has one – the dedicated smoker burner.
Also, don’t forget to use the nifty warming rack, if your gas grill has one. You can warm up the buns for your burgers and even cook delicate foods on these nifty racks.
Last but not least, keep an eye on the level of gas in the tank in order to ensure that you don’t run out of fuel in the middle of a cooking session. Some of the gas grills on our top 10 best list for 2019 have handy gas tank gauges which will display the fuel level at all times.
We thank you for reading this review of the best gas grills for 2019 and hope that it has been helpful for choosing the best gas powered grill for your needs. We have added all kinds of grills – from inexpensive to high-end options, from large to compact and portable, so there is a gas grill in this list for just about any need and budget.
So, go ahead and get your own new gas grill now. You will love how easy and fast it is to get the grill started, and how much easier it is to clean up after grilling than when using a charcoal grill. You can lower your carbon footprint by switching to gas grilling instead of burning charcoal. It is more energy saving as well. So you will be helping nature and your budget as well.
Good luck with your purchase, and happy grilling!
Last update on 2019-03-21 at 06:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API