A garage is not necessarily the most convenient place to work or hang out in. It tends to be where most families dump the extra things they do not need. It also does not boast of too much ventilation, depending on how the garage has been configured.
But it can be an extremely useful part of the house if only certain things, like the temperature of the room, are taken care of. By simply installing a good fan in the garage, you will be able to enjoy all the extra space it provides. You can convert the garage into an office, keep your power tools there or use it for band practice if you so wish.
A simple fan can make the garage more user-friendly! The following is a review of some of the best fans for your garage followed by a buying guide:
Quick List: Best Garage Fans
The following is a quick few at the fans that have been reviewed below:
- Best Overall Fan: Lasko 20″ High-Velocity Quickmount, Black
- Best Wall Mount Fan: Maxx Air HVWM 18 UPS Wall Mount Fan, 18 Inch, | Commercial Grade for Patio, Garage, Shop
- Best Floor Fan: Vornado CR1-0121-06 660 Large Whole Room Air Circulator Fan, Black
- Best Lightweight Fan: Lasko 4900 Pro-Performance High-Velocity Utility Fan — Features Pivoting Blower and Built-In Outlets
- Most Versatile Fan: Air King 9312 Powder-Coated Steel Multi-Mount Wall Fan, Black
Best Overall Fan
The Lasko 20-inch high-velocity fan has been chosen as the best garage fan overall as it has several features that tick a variety of boxes in different categories. It can operate on three powerful speeds and can be used with great ease in a garage, a shop or even an attic. It provides direct airflow and circulation so the room you have installed the fan in can really remain cool and comfortable. The following are some of the features that the garage fan has to offer:
- The fan has three powerful speeds so you can regulate it based on your needs.
- It has a powerful motor and metal fan blades that provide great circulation.
- It has a QuickMount feature that allows you to convert the fan from floor to wall mount with ease.
- The fan has a metal cage and stand that is built to last.
- It has a pivoting head that facilitates direct flow and circulation.
- This is a compact fan that does the job wherever you install it.
- It can be mounted on the wall as fast as it can be installed on the floor.
- The fan is durable and the metal cage and stand allows it to serve you for a long time.
- The fan does not require too many hands to assemble it.
- It often makes a humming and whistling noise.
- The finish is raw and the metal cage can cause cuts while handling the fan.
Best Wall Mount Fan
The Maxx Air HVWM 18 UPS is a wall mount fan that can be used in the garage, on a patio and even in a shop. It is a commercial-grade fan that stands the test of time and provides several benefits. The fan has a rugged built but also keeps in mind safety regulations. You could say it is a strong but gentle product. The following are some of the features the fan has to offer:
- The fan is made from rugged steel and is an industrial-grade wall mount fan.
- It has powder-coated steel construction and premium motors for best circulation.
- There are brackets that allow you to hang the fan from the ceiling or the wall, both.
- The fan has OSHA compliant grills and a 180-degree tilt capability.
- The fan really takes care of safety with its 10-foot grounded power cords.
- The fan has a rugged, power-coated steel construction that can also be used in a factory or industrial setting.
- The fan is extremely easy to assemble, followed by extreme ease of use.
- The manufacturers have been in the business since 1948 and have ruled the market.
- Some customers complained that the product was made in China though the manufacturers claimed they are made in Texas, USA.
- The fan tends to make a lot of noise in a covered setting.
Best Floor Fan
The Vornado garage fan is a floor fan that can circulate air in a large room. Even if the fan has been placed on the corner of a floor in a large room, it’s signature Vortex Technology allows it to provide powerful and complete circulation around the room. It has four different speed settings which can be regulated based on your requirements. The following are some of the features the product has to offer:
- The fan has deep-pitched blades that are able to circulate air and move it up to 100 feet with great ease.
- At its highest speed, the fan runs at 1375 RPM, and at 600 RPM at its lowest speed.
- It has four speed settings and easy push-button controls that can be accessed easily.
- The fan is backed by a five-year warranty.
- It has a chrome glide bar that is able to control the airflow direction with ease.
- The fan has four powerful speed settings that make it easy to regulate.
- The fan is whisper quiet and does not make unnecessary noise.
- The push-control buttons are located right on top of the circulator for easy reach.
- Despite its small size, the Vortex Technology used in the fan is able to circulate the air around the whole room with ease.
- Some customers complained that the fan simply stopped working soon after the return window ended.
- It is not possible to use the fan with a smart controller or even a wall switch
Best Lightweight Fan
Lasko 4900 Pro-Performance High-Velocity Utility Fan — Features Pivoting Blower and Built-In Outlets
The Lasko 4900 Pro-Performance high-velocity utility fan is a great, portable and lightweight fan that you can carry around with ease or simply station in your garage. It has three high-velocity speeds and comes with a pivoting blower that ensures that the air is circulated evenly throughout the room. The fan comes fully assembled and is ready for use right out of the box. You can also direct the air wherever you need using the pivoting head. The following are some of the features that the fan has to offer:
- The portable fan has three high-velocity speeds that make it perfect for a garage, around a small shop and even at a job site.
- It has a pivoting head that is able to direct the airflow and facilitate circulation.
- It comes with twin 120-volt accessory outlets which eliminate the need for extension cords.
- The fan has a high-velocity power that provides you with concentrated air to cool down in any situation or weather.
- The dual accessory outlets allow you to also plug in your power tools or charge your phone right within reach.
- The pivoting blower ensures that the air goes around the room despite the compact size of the fan.
- The fan does not require any assembly and can be used right out of the box.
- It has a wide pivoting angle which lets you decide where you want to direct the airflow.
- The fan tends to put too much moisture back into the air.
- It has a tendency of making a noise at certain angles.
Most Versatile Fan
The Air King 9312 powder-coated steel multi-mount wall fan is one of the most versatile fans that you can install in your garage. It can be mounted on the wall, the ceiling or can even be I-beam mounted. It has three speeds so you can regulate the speed of the fan depending on how much ventilation you require in the garage. The following are some of the features the fan has to offer:
- The fan has 12-inch powder-coated metal blades ensure ideal circulation.
- It comes with a black, nine-feet, three-conductor SJT type power cord.
- It has a rear-mounted pull cord switch for greater convenience.
- The fan is ETL and OSHA compliant and has been tested in keeping with AMCA standard.
- It offers up to 1360 CFM, which is a measure of the speed at which the air flows in or out.
- The fan has three convenient power speeds.
- The 12-inch powder-coated metal blade gives the fan incredible balance and prevents noise.
- The fan is versatile when it comes to installation and has a multi-mount quality.
- It has a versatile and long power cord that makes it easier to use.
- Some customers complained that the fan is prone to rust.
- The fan is extremely small and compact.
Things to Consider before Buying
There are a few different things you may want to consider before buying a fan for your garage. The following are some of the common factors you should look into before purchasing a garage fan:
Size of Garage
The size of the garage is extremely important. Based on this information you will be able to decide the size of the fan you need to buy and where it can be installed in your garage. If you have a relatively small garage and need to use all the floor space that is available, you may want to buy a fan that can be mounted on the wall. Based on the size and shape of your garage you will need to see what size and shape of the fan will be a good fit. The space that the electronic item needs to be installed in is of the foremost importance.
The speed of the fan is also important. At what rate does the air flow and how many levels of speed are there? These are all important considerations. The fan should be powerful enough that the air is circulated around the room evenly. The fan needs to provide cool air as well as ventilation. Some of the fans reviewed above have three operating speeds while others have four. On an average, a good fan should have at least three operating speeds.
A fan that is balanced and has been constructed well will not make any noise. Nobody wants to sit next to a fan that makes an irritating buzzing sound, especially when it is hot outside and even the slightest noise can be a trigger! A garage is also typically an enclosed space so the slightest sound that a fan makes will be heard easily. The more balanced the construction of the fan, the quieter it will be and the quieter a fan is, the better it is as a product.
Power Cord Length
The length of the power cord makes a huge difference. The power cord should be long enough so that you do not need to invest in a separate extension cord. Especially if you are mounting the fan on the wall and the nearest outlet is by the floor, the power cord needs to be long enough so that the fan can be plugged in comfortably. Some of the fans that have been reviewed above also have built-in outlets for greater ease.
The garage fans that have been reviewed above are all some of the best in their respective categories. You can pick between fans that can be mounted on the wall or ceiling or fans that can be placed on the floor. As long as the fan is a good fit for your garage, circulates the air well and provides more than adequate ventilation, it is doing its job well. So put your garage to its best use by ventilating it with a great fan.
Last update on 2020-07-02 at 16:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API