A good-quality garage door opener can save you a lot of time and effort to open and close the door manually. It can also help keep you and your car and your home safe from burglars.
There is such a wide range of garage door openers on the market right now that choosing the one for your needs can be quite difficult.
Many garage door openers have smart features that you can control directly from your phone. Also, there are devices of different sizes types and with different safety, security, access, and other features to meet the specific needs of the customers.
Best Garage Door Opener
We have picked the Chamberlain C410 garage door opener as the perfect one for 2021, so read on to find out more about the top-ranking garage door opener as well as about all of the top 10 garage door openers money can buy right now.
The best overall garage door opener for 2021 is sold with a rugged steel chain drive and a powerful garage opening motor and MED lift power system, which is twice as powerful as that of most other garage door openers with ½ HP.
Plus, it is reasonably priced and designed to be as safe as possible.
The door opener is easy to install and easy to use and will run smoothly every time, no matter what type of garage door you have.
The opener is sold with two remote controls with three buttons and long-life lithium-ion batteries and visor clips. The remotes can be used for opening up to three Chamberlain garage door openers as well as controlling other accessories, including the myQ lights inside and outdoors.
The system uses Triband technology which boosts the range of the remote controls to up to 1,500 for easier entry and exit in the garage.
It is a very safe and secure garage door opener with Security 2.0+ code encryption with over 100 billion code encryption options, as well as Posi-lock antitheft protection, which keeps the door locked once it closes and protects it from forced entry attempts.
The opener kit has a dual function wall control for opening and closing the door and controlling the lights from inside, and a wireless exterior pad for added comfort and security, and for opening or closing the door without a remote control.
The garage door opener has two safety sensors with rapid-snap brackets, which will automatically reverse the direction of the door if any object is sensed near the closing door. This is perfect for keeping you, your kids, and pets safe from accidents with the door.
It can work with two non-halogen or 2 CFL light bulbs.
Designed for 7-foot garage doors, the unit is sold with a 7-foot rail kit, but there are extension kits available if you want to mount the C410 on an 8 or 10-foot door too.
You can upgrade it to a smart garage door opener by purchasing the Smart Garage Hub MyQ-G0301 and control the garage door from wherever you want via your mobile phone or tablet.
This high-quality and reliable garage door opener is sold with a 10-year warranty for the motor and a 1-year warranty for the chain, accessories, and parts.
If you want a smart garage door opener, then the Chamberlain B550 is the greatest one you can find on the market.
It has built-in Wi-Fi, so you can open and close the door from anywhere via your smartphone and the myQ app, and can also receive notifications in real-time when the door opens. The app also allows you to allow up to three other people to open and close the garage door via the app.
This is very useful if you want deliveries of packages by Amazon to be made into your garage directly if you are a Prime member.
The MED lift system of the opener is twice as powerful as the other ½ HP door opening motors. The opener comes with a very strong steel reinforced belt drive which is incredibly rugged and quiet and works smoothly so you can open and close the door of your garage at any time without disturbing the people in the house.
It features the Security+ 2.0 system, which will protect the opening code from being hacked. The door also has anti-theft and Posi-lock protection, which will keep the door safely locked and prevent forced entry.
The door can be opened or closed from 1,500 feet via remote control and also through the mobile app on your phone or tablet from anywhere else. It comes with two remote controls with three buttons each.
It also is sold with a wireless keypad which you can mount outside of the door and use to open it without a remote and by entering your security code. Since it connects wirelessly to the opening system, there is no need for electrical cables and connections to the keypad.
The internal dual-function wall control will allow you to open and close the door of the garage from the inside as well as to control the lighting inside.
The B550 garage door opener comes with rails and mounting equipment suitable for garage doors with a height of up to 7 feet but can be accommodated for doors that are 8 or 10 feet high with an extension kit which you can order separately.
Thanks to the wireless connectivity of the garage door opener, you can easily connect it and control it via Google Assistant, Key by Amazon, IFTTT, and Wink.
It is easy to install, so you can do the mounting of the door opener yourself.
Overall, this smart garage door opener is one of the great options on the market and will make your life much easier thanks to the mobile connectivity and smart features. Also, it is quiet, runs smoothly, and is very well made, so it will last for decades.
The parts and accessories of the opener are sold with a 1-year warranty, and the belt comes with a 15-year warranty for peace of mind.
Best budget-friendly option
It has a ½ HP AC motor which will ensure a lot of heavy lifting and closing.
The sturdy chain drive system is of industrial range and will withstand a lot of wear and tear as well.
The reasonably priced garage door opener has built-in Wi-Fi, so you can open it and close it via your smartphone and the MyQ app, and it can become a part of your smart home. Through the app and linked apps, you can control the door remotely from anywhere, receive notifications when the door opens or closes, set up schedules, as well as use voice control or geofence closing as well.
The Security+ 2.0 will send a new remote code after every use of the remote control for added safety and security.
The opener is also secured with Posi-lock, which will prevent any attempts for forceful opening by potential intruders.
The door will emit closing signals when it is moving for added safety, and it will be auto reversed if the built-in sensors detect an obstruction nearby.
The garage door opener works very quietly and saves 75% power when it is in standby mode.
It is sold with a 4-year warranty for the motor and a 1-year warranty for the parts.
See also: 9 Lifting Straps for Heavy Weightlifting in 2021
The rest of the best
The Chamberlain B970 is probably the best Wi-Fi garage door opener you can buy right now. You can open it and close it from your smartphone via the myQ app from wherever you want to. You can also share the access with three other trusted people and with Amazon to receive your packages directly in your garage next time.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Connects with smartphones via the myQ app
- You can link your myQ account with the Key by Amazon to receive your deliveries safely in your garage.
- It has a strong and ultra-quiet belt drive made of reinforced steel and premium quality materials.
- The MAX lift power system works at 1.25 HP.
- It comes with battery backup in case there is a power outage and you cannot open or close the door.
- Very quiet and smooth operation – perfect for attached garages
- A range of 1,500 feet for the remote control for quick access and exit
- A Security+ 2.0 encryption protects the code and connection from hackers
- Posi-lock for preventing theft attempts and intrusions
- Sold with two remote controls
- The safety sensors will reverse e the direction of the door if they detect an obstacle while it is closing.
- A wireless keypad which requires no wiring allows you to access the garage without a remote or phone.
- A motion-detecting control panel for the inside of the garage will turn the lights on when motion is detected.
- Compatible with Key by Amazon, Google Assistant, Wink, and IFTTT
- Easy to install
- The belt has a 5-year warranty and the other parts a 1-year warranty
- A powerful 140 volt DC motor suitable for doors up to 7 feet in height, but you can install it on higher doors with an additional extension purchased separately
- Utilizes a traditional and sturdy chain drive system that works quietly and smoothly
- The door opens at 7.5 inches a second, so you won’t have to wait for ages to get in and park the car.
- Includes a premium quality safe 7 foot C-channel rail
- The opening system has a Safe-T beam that reverses the door if an object, animal, or person is detected within the range of the closing door to prevent incidents
- Compatible with Car2U and HomeLink
- The Genie SmartSet programming is easy to set up
- The access code is changed automatically after every activation of the door for added security.
- It comes with two 3-button remote controls.
- The door opener has a 2 bulb lighting system which directs the light to the back of the garage.
- It also has a wireless keypad for easy access from the outside or inside via a personal digital code.
- The garage door opener also comes with a wall console which you can use as a control panel and turn on the lights or switch on the vacation lock when needed.
- It is easy to install
- The system is sold with a lifetime warranty for the motor and a 5-year warranty for all parts
Related – Top Rated Storage Systems For Garage Reviewed – 2021
If security is your number one priority, then you should probably opt for the Chamberlain B980 garage door opener, which has added security features and comes with a battery backup kit.
- The door locks automatically every time you close it, thanks to the included deadbolt.
- You can open, close and control the garage door, as well as receive notifications about the status of the door via the myQ app on your smartphone thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi in the door opener.
- The Security+ 2.0 technology encrypts the code and signal to prevent hacking and intrusions.
- If you link it to Key by Amazon, you can provide access for the delivers to leave your packages directly in the garage for added safety of your online purchases.
- It is powered by a sturdy 1.25 HPS MAX Lift power system
- The belt drive is reinforced with steel and works quietly and smoothly every time
- The door opener is sold with battery backup, so you have access to the garage even when the power is out
- The Triband technology boosts the range of the remote control up to 1,500 feet
- The door will open even when frozen to the ground or in excessive heat, humidity, or cold
- It has safety sensors to prevent incidents with people, animals, and objects when the door is closing
- It is sold with 2 3-button remote controls, as well as a wireless keypad for access with a code, and an easy to use control panel for inside the garage
- It has a light and a timer which will switch it off as soon as you have left the garage
If you tend to forget the garage door open and just drive off from time to time, then this garage door opener by Chamberlain will have you secured thanks to the built-in timer.
- An ultra-quiet ½ HP belt drive door opener with a vibration isolation system and a steel-reinforced belt drive
- The included internet gateway allows for remote access to the door via your smartphone, as well as control of the lights outdoors and indoors.
- It has a nifty timer to close feature, which you can set to 1, 5, or 10 minutes, and it will close the door automatically for you.
- It has sensors that will prevent incidents by detecting anything underneath or near the door as it is closing.
- Thanks to the quick-install rail system, you can assemble the garage door opener by yourself in no time at all
- It is compatible with HomeLink
- Uses less than 1Watt when on standby
- Light compatible with compact fluorescents
- It has two 3-button remote controls, a motion-detecting control panel, and a wireless keypad for different access options.
- Features the Security+ anti-burglary encrypting system
- It also has a Posi lock system to stop any attempts for the forceful opening of the door
- The door can be opened manually via the manual release handle in case of power failure
- Sold with a lifetime warranty on the belt and motor, and 5 years for the parts, and 1 year for all accessories
If you live above the garage, you know how important it is to invest in a silent and vibration-free garage door opener. The Sommer 1052V000 Direct Drive 1.0 is just that.
- Suitable for heavy doors, the door opener can lift doors weighing up to 550 lbs.
- It is sold with a universal mounting kit that can be used for doors that are either 7 or 8 feet high.
- The garage door opener has a single moving part, thanks to its direct drive opening system.
- Thanks to the embedded chain in the steel rail, the motor moves very quietly and is vibration-free
- The motor is placed on the front at the door maximizing its power production.
- It is sold with two 2-button transmitters and an interior control panel
- Uses secure rolling technology
You can securely invite your pet sitter or visitor to access the garage when you are not home via the smart app, which this Chamberlain C450 garage door opener is compatible with.
- The door opener utilizes a powerful ½ HP MED Lift power system
- A rugged steel construction of the chain drive for years of opening and closing
- A built-in Wi-Fi allowing for access to the door via a smartphone, as well as receiving notifications about its status in real-time
- Compatible with Key by Amazon if you are a Prime member in some areas where this nifty service is available
- You can provide access to the garage via the app to up to three people you trust, which is great for pet sitters and guests
- Security +2.0 encryption system against hackers
- A Posi lock will keep the garage door safe from intruders and burglars
- Compatible with all garage doors up to 7 feet and can be mounted on larger doors with the appropriate extensions
- Sold with two remote controls with three buttons
- Also included are a wireless keypad and a motion detection control panel – for inside and outside of the garage or house.
- The motion sensors will prevent incidents by reversing the direction of the door if anything is detected in the range of the door as it is closing.
With the innovative Chamberlain RJ020, you can mount this garage door opener on the wall, which will not only free up overhead space in the garage but will also limit the noise and vibrations from the motor.
- Wall mountable for garages with limited overhead space
- It is very compact and has a slim design, which allows it to be mounted in tight spaces.
- Very quiet and vibration-free operation
- Integrated Wi-Fi, which allows for controlling and getting a notification about the door via your smartphone
- The deadbolts lock the door securely every time it closes.
- Sold with a wall control panel with multiple functions, an automatic door lock, 2 x 100W remote lights, a three-button remote, and safety sensors
- The door will immediately stop and reverse if an object or somebody is detected near it while it is closing.
- The size of the unit is 6.8 x 6 x 16.2 inches, and it weighs 31 lbs.
- Much easier to install than traditional garage door openers
- 6 Best Adjustable Wrenches for Daily and Professional Tasks - April 24, 2021
- Best Precision Screwdriver Sets in 2021 – Top Picks & Reviews - April 24, 2021
- 6 Best Table Saw Under $200 in 2021 – Reviews - April 24, 2021
Last update on 2021-06-13 at 17:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API