Now that the roads are becoming more crowded and traffic is crazier than ever, installing a reliable dual dash cam in your car, or another vehicle is becoming a must for most drivers.
A good quality front and rear dash cam like the top-rated Blackvue BV-DR750S-2CH will record everything that is going on ahead of you and behind you on the road. You will have high-resolution videos of any incidents and collisions which can be considered as evidence by insurance companies and the court.
These dual-lens dash cams are also very useful to keep an eye on your car when it is parked, and you are away from it.
We have chosen the best front and rear dash cams for 2020 for you, so read on to find the best one for your budget and your needs.
The dual cameras have Sony Starvis sensors and can shoot video at Full HD 1080p at 60 fps for the front, and 30 fps for the rear.
This means that you will have video footage of any moment on the road and at any time of the day or night, with a resolution and quality, which rarely can be seen in dash cameras.
It has an Enhanced Night Vision mode and can be set to On, Off, and Parking Mode.
The dual-camera system has a discreet and sleek design that will remain hidden from other drivers, and will never get in your way while you are driving.
The Blackvue dual cam offers Wi-Fi connectivity, which you can use to connect the camera to your smartphone or tablet, and have a clear view of what is going on ahead of you or at the back via the useful Blackvue app available for iOS and Android.
There is also a Viewer app which you can use on a PC or MAC to keep an eye on your car and to browse through the recorded videos.
The dashcam also has cloud connectivity and will record and upload video footage over the cloud.
This feature will allow you to monitor your car while it is parked wherever you happen to be.
You do get an option to save the videos on the microSD card included in the package, as well (it is currently being offered with 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB microSD cards).
The camera can be adjusted to change the recording time, the quality settings, as well as to protect event files from being overwritten when the memory is full
The camera also has motion and impact detection, and you can be sure that it will switch on and start recording in any critical moment on the road or the parking lot.
In parking mode, the camera will detect both motion and impact and can record continuously at 1 fps. The result is a time-lapse video in which 1 minute of video shows 30 minutes of real-time coverage.
Thanks to the built-in GPS, the speed of the vehicle will be overlaid in the recorded video. You can switch from mph to km/h, depending on your preferences. The GPS will also enable you to find your location on the Blackvue or Viewer’s maps.
You can even use the app to communicate with the current driver of your car and have a two-way audio conversation.
Its proximity sensor can be used to control the audio recording with a wave of your hand in front of it.
As you can see, this dual dash cam by Blackvue has everything you can want from a rear and front dashcam, and it is one of the best ones available on the market right now.
Both front and rear cameras have Sony Exmor R CMOS sensors and a Novatek 96663 processor. The 7 element lenses have a 127-degree viewing angle, and the result is crystal clear video footage of any given moment or event on the road or when the car is parked. Their IR cut ensures that there is a clear video of any events surrounding the car even in the middle of the night.
The premium quality dual dash cam comes with a 2 inch HD TFT display and offers a stealthy and easy installation.
The dashcam can connect to and be controlled and monitored via the free Street Guardian Dash Cam Viewer Mobile App for Android or iOS.
The dashcam has a built-in speaker and microphone, which can be switched on and off.
You can choose gapless recording or select a recording cycle from 1 to 5 minutes.
The date of the event is stamped on each video, and you can also choose whether the speed is displayed or not.
The dual dash cam by Street Guardian has a built-in GPS, a G-sensor for impact and event detection, Night Mode, and an Incident File Protect mode to ensure that any important recordings are not overwritten if the memory is full.
The dashcam is made of top quality materials and parts, which make it resistant to extreme temperatures too.
It is sold with a 1-year warranty and an extended 2 year warranty if you register your product online.
It comes with a 64, 128, 256, or 512 gigabyte microSD card.
Overall, this Street Guardian dual channel dash camera is the one you should get if you want the sharpest, best focused and crystal clear video recordings from the front and back of your vehicle while driving or when it is parked.
Best budget-friendly option
The rear and front cameras come in separate bodies and have Sony IMX 335 sensors. They can record video in 1520P at 30 fps for a single camera, and 1440P for the front and 1080P for the rear cameras simultaneously.
They have 170 degree wide viewing angles so that nothing will remain hidden on the road or around the vehicle.
The dual dash cam supports up to 128 GB memory (microSD) and has an emergency backup durable 420mAh battery.
It has a built-in G-sensor, which will switch on and lock the video at the moment of an impact or shake. The video will remain in memory and will not be automatically overwritten if the memory becomes full.
The Apeman dual and front dash cam system includes a large 3 inch IPS widescreen display.
The camera can work in temperatures from -10 to 60 degrees Celsius.
The system is easy to set up and use, and for a price of less than $100, it is among the best front, and rear dash cams you can buy in 2020.
The rest of the best front and rear dash cams for 2020
- Both front and rear cameras record video in Full HD 1080P at 30 fps
- They both had Wide Dynamic Range for a clearer video in dark or low light conditions
- The lenses have a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees so every single detail will be included in the videos
- The built-in GPS allows for stamping the time, speed and location on the video
- It has Wi-Fi connectivity so that you can save the recordings on your phone or another device via the dedicated mobile app
- Instead of a regular li-ion battery, the dual dash cam is powered by s supercapacitor, which is more powerful and can resist extreme temperatures (20 to 176 degree Fahrenheit)
- A G-sensor will automatically lock the video in the moment of an impact or event, so it does not get overwritten and is saved for later viewing of the incident
- It works with MicroSD cards up to 256GB
- The dashcam comes with all the mounts and cables you will need to mount it in your vehicle easily
- Available at a very reasonable price for the video quality and features provided
- Dual-channel recording
- The front camera records at a genuine 4K resolution of 3840x2160P at 30 fps
- The rear camera has a resolution of 1920x1080P at 30 fps
- Fitted with an 8MP OmniVision Image Sensor with excellent night vision capabilities
- The WDR ensures that the video and all details are sharp and clear even when it is pitch dark outside of the car
- A wide 170-degree viewing angle can capture videos of six lanes
- An innovative image distortion correction algorithm ensures that the videos do not have a fisheye effect
- It has a 2.4 inch IPS screen
- Uses an HVAC compression method for storing more videos at the highest quality
- It has Wi-Fi and can be connected to the app available for Android and iOS for viewing and sharing the recordings on a smartphone
- The GPS integrated into the dashcam will store the location, date and speed and the route on Google Maps of each video
- The G-sensor will lock any videos of a collision or other incident and will protect them from being overwritten
- The dashcam has a Parking Mode and 24-hour motion detection so you can rest assured that you will have video recordings of any incidents or theft attempts while the vehicle is parked
- The dashcam has an HDMI port
- It supports microSD cards up to 128GB
- There is a built-in emergency backup Li-ion battery
- The dual dash cam can operate at temperatures from -4 up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- It is sold with an 18-month warranty
This dual dash cam is another affordable and reliable front and rear vehicle camera system that will allow you to record everything that is going on while you are driving and when your vehicle is parked.
- Both the front and rear cameras have Sony Starvis sensors
- Both cameras record videos in Full HD 1080P
- They have 140-degree wide lens able to capture 4 lanes simultaneously
- The CPL filter on the front lens helps override any glare
- It has a Parking Mode with a motion detection G-Sensor which will turn the camera on even when the car is parked if motion is detected
- The dashcam has a clear 2 inch HD screen to review the videos and watch them in real-time
- The dashcam has 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi connectivity and can be connected to the app on your smartphone or tablet
- It also offers GPS tracking, so the date, location, and speed of the vehicle is recorded along with the video
- It also has a Bluetooth remote control feature
- Powered by a capacitor which will endure much more extreme temperatures than a regular Li-ion battery
- It supports microSD cards up to 256GB and has loop recording when the memory is full
- The front camera is 3.3 x 2.2 x 1.57 inches, and the rear one is 2.09 x 1.22 x 2 inches
- There is a built-in speaker and a microphone
- It comes with a complete installation kit and offered at an excellent price