If you, like the Italians, love your coffee strong, fast and burning hot, you don’t need to travel to Rome to get that perfect espresso shot you crave. A much easier option is to purchase a good quality espresso maker like the Breville Barista Express and make your own perfect shot of espresso or any other coffee drink whenever you feel like it.
We have meticulously tested and reviewed a lot of espresso makers, and have come up with our list of the best espresso machines for 2019.
Read on to find out more about these superb espresso makers.
This exceptional espresso machine is the perfect appliance to add to your kitchen if you want to drink top quality espresso in the comfort of your home.
The Breville Barista Express has been designed and made to grind the coffee beans perfectly and then to brew and extract the espresso precisely as the Italian espresso café baristas make it.
The coffee machine has a built-in conical bur grinder which can grind the coffee beans of your choice in a size you want and in the dosage necessary for making that perfect cup of aromatic espresso.
The integrated temperature control in the espresso machine will boil the water to the precise temperature required for making top quality espresso.
You will be able to enjoy a fresh cup of cappuccino or latte as well, thanks to the steam wand of this machine which will create soft cream-like texturing of the milk. You can even experiment and create unique latte art thanks to this wand, and amaze your friends and followers on Instagram with your designs too.
This powerful espresso machine is very easy to use, so you don’t have to be a professional barista to make an excellent and pro-style espresso by yourself. The operation is hands-free and you can choose between brewing a single or a double shot of coffee easily.
All you need to do is refill the water tank and add coffee beans, and everything else is handled by this smart espresso machine itself.
The Barista Express is a 1500W espresso machine and is a professional range appliance at a very reasonable price. Its size is 13.2 x 12.5 x 15.8 inches, and it weighs 23 lbs.
It comes with a razor dose trimming tool, single and dual wall filter baskets, a stainless steel port flipper, a scoop for the coffee, a tamper, a milk jug made of stainless steel, a cleaning disk and tablets, an Allen key and cleaning brush and tool, as well as a water holder and water filter.
The machine is available in stainless steel, black sesame, and cranberry red colors, and all variants look absolutely gorgeous and will become beautiful accents in your kitchen or wherever you choose to install the machine.
Overall, for this price, the Breville Barista Express is the best espresso machine you can buy in 2019. With a machine like this, you can forget about paying for expensive espresso at your local coffee shop, and you can impress your friends with top quality coffees every time. Even if somebody prefers tea, you can use the machine as a hot water extractor and serve the perfect cup of tea to your friends as well.
With this top of the line espresso machine by Gaggia, you can make a wide range of amazing beverages at home easily and without spending your hard earned money at the coffee shop.
The Babila can make regular espresso, as well as short ristrettos, lattes and other types of coffee easily and deliciously.
The machine is completely automatic and requires just one touch to make that perfect cup of espresso you want.
This elegant and sleek espresso machine has an integrated coffee grinder which has 15 different grinding settings, unlike most espresso machines which have much fewer options. This is essential when you want to make other types of coffee and beverages which require different grinds. You can also choose to grind the coffee beans very finely to make strong and aromatic espresso and ristretto, or coarser grinds for regular coffee.
The Babila also gives you the option to choose among 5 strength settings, so you can regulate the amount of coffee which is ground per each cup of espresso.
Not only can you control how much the coffee is ground, and how much is used for a cup of espresso, but with this incredible espresso maker, you can also choose the taste you prefer as well. You will get an option of choosing between delicate, balanced or full-body for your coffee or other hot beverage you are making. This setting adjusts the pre-infusion time of the coffee which affects the overall taste and strength of the beverage.
Another adjustable setting which you can use to fine-tune your coffee making experience is the temperature control. You can choose between high, normal or low temperatures, and adjust it in accordance with the type of coffee you are using and on its roast.
You can also increase or decrease the flow of water by adjusting the flow knob on this espresso machine by Gaggia.
The amount of milk you add to your cappuccino, latte or other beverage is also adjustable.
The machine has a steam boiler, an auto-frothing carafe, a steam wand, a removable 50.7 oz. water tank, a ceramic bur grinder and a bean hopper which keeps the coffee fresh and aromatic, a removable brew group, adjustable 3 or 6-inch spouts suitable for all kinds of cups or travel mugs, a removable drip tray and two boilers.
It also comes with various accessories including a decalcifier, a water filter, a scoop and grinder adjustment key, lubricant, a test strip for the water hardness and a brew group brush.
The machine is easy to clean, and you will receive a reminder when it is time for cleaning or maintenance. It also has three built-in automatic maintenance cycles to ensure that everything is clean and working perfectly at all times.
The machine is made of stainless steel and has a stylish design. It is 14.7 x 9.64 x 16.53 inches in size and weighs 28.7 lbs.
Overall, with a professional range, fully automatic and customizable espresso machine like this, you can make the perfect hot beverage for yourself or for your friends, no matter what your and their preferences and tastes are. The machine can make espresso, ristretto, espresso lungo, espresso macchiato, flat white, coffee, cappuccino and latte macchiato. This means you can save tons of money from buying drinks from your local café, and also that you will have a perfect cup of coffee every time you feel like it, without any effort or complicated procedures.
The best budget-friendly option for 2019
If you do not want to spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars for a good quality espresso machine, you may want to check out this affordable espresso machine by Breville.
It costs a fraction of what other pro range espresso machines cost and yet can make the perfect coffee or other beverage every time.
The Nespresso Essenza Mini is the smallest of all of the Nespresso espresso machines. It is compact and portable so you can fit it anywhere and even take it with you when you are going camping or on a vacation.
The machine has a sleek design and offers an exceptional espresso making the performance.
It is completely automatic and is capable of delivering up to 19 bars of pressure which is quite amazing for a coffee machine of this size.
To make that cup of delicious and rich espresso with this small-sized espresso machine, all you need to do is to press a button.
The machine heats the water to the perfect boiling temperature for just 25 seconds, so you will never be late for work again with an espresso machine like this.
It has an energy saving mode which will switch the unit off after 9 minutes.
You can easily adjust the cup size of the coffee you want and choose between a 1.35oz espresso or a 5 oz. lungo espresso.
The machine comes with a welcome kit which includes 14 different coffee capsules, so you can taste them all and choose your favorite to use in the future as well.
The size of this compact espresso machine is just 3.3 x 12.9 x 8 inches and it weighs 5.07 lbs. It has a water tank capacity of 20.29 oz., and a 5-6 used capsule capacity per refill.
The water reservoir is removable, and the machine is very easy to clean and maintain.
Overall, we are pretty certain that the Nespresso Essenza Mini espresso machine is the best budget-friendly home espresso machine money can buy in 2019.
Our other top picks for the best espresso machines for 2019
If money is not an issue and all you want is to have an espresso machine which will make perfect coffee every time you feel like it, we strongly recommend this high-end option by Breville.
- Each stage of the coffee making process is fully automated
- There is a touchscreen panel where you can swipe and select the beverage of your choice, and the machine will do everything else for you
- You can also add up to 8 of your own customized settings for another preferred coffee type or beverage as well
- It can make espresso, Americano, latte, flat white, and cappuccino
- The conical bur grinder integrated into the machine will grind, dose and tamp the perfect quantity of coffee you need to make an original espresso (22grams) every time
- The grinder can be adjusted depending on the type of coffee you are using and the type of drink you are making
- The machine has very precise Oracle Touch temperature control to make the best espresso
- The water pressure provided is optimal and prevents bitter flavor and allows for even and delicious extraction of the coffee
- You can use the steam wand of the espresso machine to make delicious cappuccino with a microfoam texture and sweet taste
- The appliance has a three-stage heating system including a steam boiler, an espresso boiler and a heated group head for achieving the perfect temperature and maintaining it throughout the brewing
- You can make one or two shots at a time
- The machine is made of durable and beautiful stainless steel
- The size of the device is 14.7 x 14.5 x 17.6 inches
- It is sold with a 2-year warranty
If you want to get that feeling that you are in a cozy café in Rome or Milan, you definitely should consider purchasing this classic lever operated high-end espresso machine by Olympia Express.
- It operates with a lever like a classic Italian professional espresso machine
- You will master the art and become a barista in the comfort and privacy of your own home with this machine
- The design and make is beautiful, and the high-end machine is handmade in Switzerland
- It is made of premium quality materials
- The machine is available in red, grey and white with stainless steel
- Thanks to the pre-infusion piston system, you will have an impeccable cup of espresso every time you use this classic espresso machine
- Coffee making is easy and fun, as you need to lift and then press the lever down to infuse the coffee which is easy to get used to and master
- The noise of the water boiler is music to the ears
- The size of this machine is 10.6 x 7.9 x 13 inches, and it weighs 15.18 lbs.
If you want to have your own coffee center in your home, instead of having to go to the coffee shop every time you feel like enjoying a perfect espresso or other coffee drink, the Jura J80 is the best you can get at the market right now.
- Five different coffee strengths to pick from
- Adjustable brewing temperature
- Height adjustable coffee spout for cups and travel mugs of all sizes – from small espresso cups to 9-inch tall latte macchiato cups
- An added cappuccino frother
- Suitable for making espresso, cappuccino, coffee, latte macchiato, ristretto, and many other coffee-based beverages as well as tea
- An active bean monitoring feature
- Very elegant and modern design
- An easy to use rotary switch and TFT touchscreen control panel and display to choose between different beverages
- The machine brews the coffee automatically with just a touch of a button
- An innovative fine foam technology for delicious feather-light consistency
- You can adjust the dosage of the coffee from 5 to 16 grams
- You can also adjust the water quantity for each drink
- An intelligent pre-brew aroma system
- An energy saving mode will switch the power off automatically
- A multi-level conical coffee grinder
- A 15 bar pressure pump
- Integrated maintenance programs for rinsing, descaling, and cleaning
- There is a maintenance indicator on the display which will inform you when you need to run the maintenance program
- The machine can be adjusted in accordance with the water hardness
- The size of the unit is 11.2 x 13.5 x 17 inches and it weighs 32 lbs.
- Made in Switzerland from premium materials
The Quickmill Anita espresso machine is another professional range barista machine which will ensure that every time you make espresso it will taste exactly like it would in a traditional Italian coffee shop.
- Made of top quality stainless steel
- It uses non-compression steam and hot water valves
- A 50 oz. drip tray which is easy to remove and empty
- A 2 hole steam tip for cappuccinos
- The cover has hinges, so you can add water to the tank easily and without the hassle
- You don’t need to remove the shell to adjust the expansion valve
- The power switch has 3 positions – initial, power on and heating and power off
- Thanks to the integrated heat exchanger you can brew coffee and steam the milk at the same time
- The thermos siphon ensures that the temperature is consistent at all times
- The water tank has a capacity of 3 liters
- It has two portafilters – single and double
- It comes with a stainless steel blank needed for backflushing
- The size of the machine is 10.8 x 17.8 x 15.2 inches and it weighs 47 lbs.
This stylish manual espresso machine is not only beautiful but it can make top quality espresso and other coffee beverages, and best of all it is inexpensive and comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It is available in matte black or chrome color
- It is a 100% human powered with an easy to use and comfortable lever
- The brewing head is detachable
- The portafilter is very easy to clean and maintain
- The portafilter base is made of stylish and durable copper
- The machine can be easily broken down and placed in the convenient carry case, so you can take it just about anywhere with you
- The device is very reasonably priced and it is sold with a 5-year warranty
- The size of the carry and storage case is 12.5 x 9 x 3.23 inches
- The size of the unit, when assembled, is 12 x 6 x 10 inches
- The water capacity of the cylinder is 60ml
- The pressure of the lever is from 6 to 10 bars
- The extraction time for a shot of espresso is 30-45 seconds
- It works with 13 to 18 grams of ground coffee per cup
The Mr. Coffee espresso maker is the best bang for the buck we could find for 2019. It is the perfect combination of a reasonable price and a top quality product.
- A 19 bar pump from Italy
- An easy one button interface
- You can pick between a single or a double shot of espresso by pressing a single button
- The thermocouple system, for heating, provides even and consistent water heating and temperatures
- The machine has an automatic milk cappuccino frother too
- The milk reservoir is easy to remove and clean, as well as suitable for storing the milk in the fridge when the machine is not in use
- The cup tray can be adjusted to accommodate cups of all sizes
- You can make espresso, cappuccino or latte with this machine
- An easy to switch on cleaning and maintenance cycle
- The size of the machine is 10.9 x 13.7 x 15.5 inches, and it weighs 14.1 lbs.
Italians are so serious about their espresso that they have established an Italian Espresso National Institute. This Institute has defined the strict rules which need to be followed in order to make the perfect espresso, including the exact amount of water, the amount of coffee, the amount of pressure and the time and type of coffee to be used.
The espresso machines we have picked for you can make you the perfect espresso in accordance with the strict Italian rules, but of course, most of them can be adjusted to make other types of espresso and beverages to suit your personal taste as well.
We hope that we have helped you choose the espresso machine which will fit your needs and your budget, and that pretty soon you will be drinking those perfectly delicious and aromatic espresso shots in the comfort of your home.
Last update on 2019-09-18 at 17:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API