So, you love espresso and espresso-based beverages like latte, macchiato, cappuccino, or others, which cost you a fortune at the coffee shop?
Why not get a budget-friendly espresso machine for home use instead?
Best Espresso Machine Under $100
Even if you are a newbie with little or no experience in making espresso, there are appliances on the market that will allow you to make barista-style espresso effortlessly and quickly at home.
We have chosen the top espresso machines for under $100 for 2022 for you to choose from.
The Sowtech espresso machine is one of the best deals you can currently find when shopping for a high-quality, budget-friendly espresso machine.
The countertop machine is very easy to use, and it will not only make delicious espresso but can be used for making cappuccino and latte as well.
It comes with a steam milk frother, as well as a carafe.
The Sowtech espresso maker can make up to 4 cups of coffee for just up to 4 minutes.
It has a small footprint and will take up very little space on your countertop, shelf, or cabinet, making it perfect for small kitchens, dorm rooms, and other limited spaces. Its dimensions are 7.2 (W) x 9.0 (D) x 13 (H) inches.
You can easily switch from the coffee extraction and the steam production knob on the side of the unit to make the beverage you want in a matter of minutes.
The inexpensive espresso maker has a 3.5 bar pressure pump, which can help extract up to 240ml (one to four cups) of espresso with thick and foamy crema on top.
The glass cup which comes with the appliance is marked so that you can easily pour the perfect portions of espresso every time.
The appliance can also maintain the ready espresso in the cup at a perfect temperature for serving.
With the help of the milk frother steam wand, you can separately heat up and boil the milk to the texture and foam level of your choice.
The removable drip tray is easy to empty and wash and will ensure that your kitchen stays mess-free during and after the coffee-making process.
For a price of under $70, you will receive the machine, a funnel and filter, a spoon, a glass carafe, and a user’s manual.
- Costs less than $70
- 5 bar pressure pump
- Small footprint
- Makes up to 4 cups of espresso in less than 5 minutes
- It has a milk frothing wand to make a cappuccino and latte.
- Easy operation
- Removable drip tray for a mess-free experience
- Sold with a spoon, a filter, a funnel, and a carafe
The Lavazza Blue Classy Mini is yet another excellent espresso machine that costs under $100 and can make barista-style espresso easily and quickly.
The machine works with Lavazza Blue Espresso capsules and is incredibly easy to use even if you have no previous experience with espresso machines. You can choose among the wide variety of different capsules from this series by Lavazza.
It is sleek and compact with a space-saving footprint making it perfect for use in dorms, hotel rooms, and in limited spaces.
The water tank has a capacity of 0.2 gallons and is transparent for easy monitoring of the water level. The machine also has a light indicator that will let you know when it is time to refill the reservoir with water, as well as when it is time to remove the empty capsule drawer (which has a capacity of up to 5 exhausted Lavazza capsules).
The machine operates with a single touch of one of the two options for espresso or for lungo coffee.
The drip tray is removable, so you can clean it easily and also so that you can fit all kinds of cups and mugs underneath the coffee filter spout.
The Lavazza espresso machine heats up in just 28 seconds and will make you a perfect cup of espresso in just a couple of minutes.
Its size is 5.3 x 13 x 10.2 inches and has a sleek and modern design, which will look well in any kitchen, room, or office.
The appliance has an automatic switch-off standby mode for energy saving and a nominal power of 1250 watts.
- Compact size
- Mess-free espresso-making experience with the delicious Lavazza Blue capsules
- Heats up in 28 seconds
- Auto shut off for energy saving.
- Makes either espresso or lungo with a single press of the button
- A large water tank
- Indicator lights for filling the reservoir and for emptying the container for used capsules
The best budget-friendly option
The perfect budget-friendly option for those of you shopping for an affordable espresso machine is capable of making tasty espresso, latte, and cappuccino and costs less than $60.
The Premium Levella espresso machine has a steam wand for milk frothing and making milk-based drinks, as well as up to 4 cups of espresso.
The compact appliance comes with an easy to pour spout carafe with measurements and with a capacity of four espressos, or 240 ml of coffee.
Thanks to its powerful pump, it produces a pressure of up to 3.5 bars and the perfect temperature for the extraction of barista-style espresso with a single touch of a button.
It is sold with a measuring scoop, a filter made of stainless steel, a glass carafe, and a detailed manual.
It has a removable drip tray, so you can clean up easily after using it.
The appliance is only 12.6 x 7.8 x 13.1 inches in size and weighs 4.5 lbs.
For this price, and with all of these features, it is unlikely that you will be able to find a better and more versatile new espresso-making machine on the market.
- Costs less than $55
- Brews up to 4 espressos simultaneously
- Comes with a milk frothing wand, a carafe, and a filter
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean thanks to the removable drip tray
- It can be used for making a latte, macchiato, cappuccino, espresso, and other beverages.
- Compact size and a small footprint
The rest of the best espresso machines are under $100 for 2022
This unique manual espresso machine is compact, portable, light, and uses no electricity whatsoever to make a perfect shot of espresso every time.
The Staresso features an award-winning design and is one of the most innovative and affordable machines for making an espresso on the market.
It works with both ground coffee and with Nespresso capsules, so you can make the perfect espresso to suit your taste every time.
The manual espresso maker is designed to create a barista-style espresso with thick crema, just like the one you would be served at any coffee house in Italy.
The portable espresso maker weighs just 0.97 lbs. and is 8 x 2.7 inches in size, so you can take it with you when traveling, camping, or just about anywhere.
It has a water reservoir with a capacity of 80ml of water and for the ground coffee of up to 0.53 oz.
Since you don’t need electricity to make coffee, you can use it anywhere, even off the grid in the wilderness.
Thanks to its patented system, this small-sized espresso maker is capable of producing 15-20 bars of pressure easily.
It is also very easy to clean, store and transport.
The Staresso is sold with a 2-year warranty, at a superb price.
- The smallest and lightest of all espresso machines on this list
- A patented and award-winning design
- Easy to use without the need for electricity
- Excellent for camping, picnics, and traveling
- It can work with any type of ground coffee as well as with Nespresso capsules.
- A capacity of up to 20 bars of pressure for making barista-style espresso
OK, so technically, this is not exactly an espresso machine, but it is an excellent quality espresso-making pot.
The Grosche Milano Steel stovetop Cuban coffee maker can be used on any type of stovetop – electric, gas, or induction.
It will allow you to make up to 10 cups of delicious espresso Moka without having to deal with bulky and hard-to-clean appliances.
This 16.9-oz coffee maker is also available in smaller sizes, of 3 cups – 5-oz, 6 cups – 9.3-oz, or 9 cups – 15.2-oz.
The stovetop espresso maker is made of top-quality, durable stainless steel and fitted with a top-quality silicone Moka pot gasket.
It has a safety valve to let out the pressure from the steam and boiling water to keep you and your pot safe during the extraction.
You can use any type of ground coffee with this easy-to-use and easy-to-clean coffee maker to make delicious espresso at home or wherever you are.
The pot is available in a wide variety of color options and is very reasonably priced.
- Much more compact and portable than traditional espresso machines
- Easy to use, easy to wash up
- It works with any type of ground coffee.
- Makes up to 10 cups of espresso at once
- It can be used on a stovetop of any kind.
- A safe and ergonomic handle for easy pouring
- The safety valve will release the extra pressure from the boiling process.
- Available in various sizes and color options
This is a new generation of the Staresso portable maker, which can be used to make two shots of espresso at a time, with no need for plugging the unit in.
The portable espresso machine can create up to 15-20 bars of pressure effortlessly with a manual pump.
It has a 6-oz water tank and a large coffee filter basket, which can fit up to 0.71-oz of ground coffee.
You can use this portable manual espresso maker to make other beverages like lungo, latte, cappuccino, cold brew, and others while on the road or when camping or on vacation.
The unique coffee maker is straightforward to use, wash, and easy to carry around.
It looks sleek and is made of durable materials. The size of the unit is 9.5 x 5.7 x 3.5 inches, and it weighs 1 lb.
Thanks to its foldable brackets, which can be used as legs, you can pour the espresso shots without having to hold the unit.
It is easy to clean fill up and use and is one of the most innovative espresso makers you can find on the market right now.
- Portable, manual, and suitable for making an espresso on the go or when off the grid
- It can be used for making two delicious espressos with thick crema at once
- It is easy to use and clean up.
- The manual espresso maker can produce up to 15-20 bars of pressure.
- It can be used with any type of ground coffee.
- Its foldable brackets can be used as legs.
- You can use it to make espresso, lungo, Americano coffee, black tea latte, cold brew, iced cappuccino, iced creamed coffee, and other beverages
The Yabano espresso machine is yet another excellent choice for people with no or very little experience using espresso machines, who want a reasonably priced and easy-to-use unit.
It costs a little more than $60 and is very easy to use, even for novice espresso makers.
It can make four tasty espressos with a single press of the button. You can pick the type of ground coffee to use, thus saving money for capsules and pods, and customize the taste of your beverages to suit your taste.
The affordable espresso machine also has a steam wand with a removable milk tube to create milk froth with the perfect texture and temperature for your favorite milk-based beverages, like macchiato, latte, or cappuccino.
The pump of the unit has a capacity of up to 3.5 bars of pressure for perfect espresso extraction.
The machine is sold with a 240ml glass carafe with a spout for easy and clean pouring.
The Machine is small-sized and lightweight, great for small kitchens, rooms, or for easy storage.
It is also easy to clean and maintain thanks to the removable drip tray, milk tube, and detachable funnel and filter.
- Uses ground coffee which is more eco-friendly and cheaper than capsules and pods
- Small size and a small footprint
- The unit can be used for frothing milk and making delicious milk-based beverages.
- It makes up to 4 espressos at a time.
- It is sold with a carafe.
- The appliance is very easy to clean and keep sanitary.
- Thanks to its easy operation, it is suitable for people with no experience with machines like this.
- It costs just over $60
Tips for making the perfect espresso at home
The truth is, you can make the perfect cup of espresso at home, with a machine or pot which costs less than $100, if you follow the following steps:
- Always clean the portafilter or the filter basket.
To ensure that the coffee is extracted properly and preserves its rich aroma and taste, you will need to wash out any leftover grounds and moisture from it, after using it.
- Use proper dosage
Use a pre-set dose if you have a coffee grinder, or a measuring scoop, spoon, or weigh the coffee on a kitchen scale, in order to have just the right amount of coffee in the coffee basket, portafilter, or filter.
- Distribute the coffee evenly
When you pour the ground coffee in the portafilter, use a press, scoop, or spoon to press it down evenly for proper extraction.
- Tamp the coffee
Use a puck or other tool to tamp the coffee inside the filter or basket, until it no longer presses down. this will help remove any air pockets.
- Rinse the spout or group head
You should let the water run through the group head, so that any leftover coffee is removed from your machine.
- Brew immediately after heating the head
This is essential, to prevent the top layer of the coffee in the portafilter to burn and get a bitter burnt taste.
- Check out the time and dose
Usually, most espresso machines will measure the time and dosage automatically. If yours doesn’t, make sure you run the machine until you get the right shot of espresso in the cup. The brewing time also depends on the grind size of the coffee, so experiment with that when learning how to make the perfect espresso at home.
- Clean up the machine or pot after use
Clean the group head, and the portafilter, as well as the drip tray right after use.
- Gifts for Readers at the Wedding Ceremony That Show Your Gratitude - March 8, 2022
- Terrific Retirement Gifts for Nurses - March 8, 2022
- Best Graduation Gift Ideas for Sister to Honor Her Achievement - March 4, 2022