If you want to speed up your work on your DIY project or make your daily work easier, you may want to opt for a lightweight, portable and easy to use battery powered drill.
You can use a good quality cordless drill like our top pick for 2019 – the Dewalt DCD996 hammer drill to perform any kind of job, anywhere, including in tight spaces and far away from any power outlets or other sources of power.
We have meticulously tested a number of cordless tools for you, to come up with our ultimate best cordless drill list for 2019.
Read on to find out just why you should invest in one of these incredibly nifty tools.
The Dewalt DCK299P2 is the cordless drill and impact driver set which can single-handedly bust the myth that cordless power tools lack power. We strongly agree that this is the best cordless drilling kit for 2019.
The kit includes a DCD996 Hammer drill and a 20V MAX ¼ inch DCF887 Impact driver. The hammer drill has 3-speed levels and an amazing high performance of up to 2,000 rpm. The impact driver can provide up to 1,825 lbs. of maximum torque at up to 3,600 rpm combined with up to 3,600 impacts per minute.
Both lithium-ion powered tools are incredibly lightweight and you can easily reach into the tightest spots without any cables and heavy machinery getting in the way for the best performance.
The hammer drill is only 8.4 inches from the front to the back and weighs a mere 4.7 lbs. the impact diver is 5.3 inches from front to back and weighs only 3.4 lbs.
The tools come with 2 20V MAX XR high capacity lithium-ion batteries with an initial maximum voltage of 20V and a nominal voltage of 18V as well as with an overall capacity of 30% more than regular lithium-ion batteries.
The brushless motor requires very little maintenance, so you can focus on doing the job instead of worrying about the power tools.
There is a 3 mode LED spotlight on the front of the hammer drill for better viewing of the area you are working on. Thanks to the variable speed trigger you can control the performance at all times during use.
Also in the kit, you will receive a 1.5Ah battery charger and a tough case for safe storage and easy portability along with 2 nifty belt hooks, a 360-degree side handle and a 3-year warranty, a 1-year free service warranty and a 90-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
Overall, this is the perfect kit for anyone who wants reliable, lightweight, cordless and yet powerful tools for work or for home use. They are portable, easy to use and are highly efficient even when working in tight spaces and in dim conditions. Best of all, you won’t need a power outlet to use them, so you can carry them to the remotest possible location and still have access to an excellent cordless drill.
You can get the kit with additional batteries, an 84 piece mechanical tool set, a circular saw, a drill bit set, a jigsaw, a screw driving bit set and one with a USB port, so there is a DEWALT cordless drill set for just about anyone!
The runner-up is actually a kit which is as good as our overall favorite. In fact, it could be the best 18V lithium ion cordless drill for 2019. The set includes an 18V cordless drill paired with a cordless impact driver.
The batteries can be fully charged in just 10 minutes via the included 18V Rapid Optimum Charger, so you won’t lose time and can go on with your job even if you happen to run out of power in the middle of it.
The batteries have a 40 minute run time, and there is a charge level indicator which will keep you informed about the battery levels at all times.
Thanks to the effective BL brushless motor and its electronic control, the battery will be used as efficiently as possible and can last for up to 50% longer every time. Also, there is no need for carbon brushes which allows for cooler running and longer life of the cordless drill.
The electronic control is also very useful for automatically adjusting and matching the RPM and torque to the different uses of the tools.
The hammer driver drill has 2 speeds of up to 2,000 rpm and a torque of up to 530 in lbs. The unit weighs only 4.2 lbs. along with the battery, so you can use it for hours without fatigue and soreness in the arms and hands.
The impact driver has variable speeds of up to 3,400 rpm and up to 3,600 ipm, and a maximum torque of 1,500. It is even lighter than the hammer drill and weighs a mere 3.3 lbs. battery included.
The set is sold with a tough carry and storage case and has a 3-year warranty for both the tools and the batteries. The Makita cordless tools are amazingly sturdy and will withstand years of use in any type of environment.
You can order the kit with added batteries, with a grinder, a recip saw, a multi-tool, a router, a speaker or with a circular saw as well.
Overall these tools are perfect for everyday use in dusty and harsh environments and are suitable for both professionals and DIYers you want the best cordless power tools for their projects.
Best budget-friendly option
For those of you who want a cordless drill but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on one of these handy tools, we suggest that you consider purchasing our top budget-friendly option for 2019. The Black+Decker LDX 120C 20V MAX is a powerful and durable cordless drill which will cost you less than $50.
It is lithium ion battery powered and works well on wood, plastic, metal and other surfaces without fail. It is excellent for performing all screw-driving tasks as well.
Thanks to its 11 position clutch, you will have perfect control over the positioning of the tool head, so there will be no more stripped screws with this cordless tool.
It is light and compact, and you will be able to get a clear view of what you are doing because it has a bright LED light which will illuminate your entire working area.
The cordless drill by Black+Decker has variable speeds and allows for easy countersinking without doing damage to the material you are working with.
The size of the drill is 10.63 x 3.69 x 8.5 inches and weighs 3.3 lbs., making it a comfortable and fatigue-free power tool which you can use anywhere and at any time even without having a power outlet around.
The top grade 20 Volt MAX battery has been designed and made for a prolonged runtime at full power and for an overall better and more satisfying performance.
For a very affordable price, you will receive the cordless drill, the 20 Volt Max lithium-ion battery, a charger and a double ended bit.
If you prefer, you can purchase the LDX 120C drill along with a 10 piece drill set, or with a circular saw, an inflator, an extra battery or with a reciprocating saw too.
It is sold with a 2-year limited warranty by Black + Decker and is a tool which will make the perfect gift to both a hobbyist or a professional who works with power tools day to day.
Our other top picks for the best cordless drills of 2019
Bosch CLPK233WC-02 18-volt Wireless Charging 2-Tool Combo Kit with 1/2-Inch Brushless Drill/Driver, Impact Driver, 2 Batteries, Wireless Charger, and Bag
This amazing set by Bosch allows for wireless charging which makes these tools the absolute best cordless drill and impact driver. It is suited for professionals or for home DIYers who are ready to invest in a top of the line tool bundle and end up with power tools which will never run out of power during work.
- The set includes a DDS182 drill driver and an IDH182 socket ready impact driver
- Both tools are completely cordless and come with 1 WCBAT612 2.0Ah 18V wireless battery each
- With the included wireless charger you can charge the batteries without removing them and wherever you are
- The set also includes a wireless charging frame and a convenient carry box for all tools and accessories
- The cordless drill has a brushless motor which provides two times longer motor life, longer runtime, and much easier maintenance
- The socket ready chuck is an all-in-one impact driver and impact wrench with a ¼ inch hex and a ½ inch square drive
- Thanks to the innovative cool pack design, the housing will remain cool even after prolonged use, and will also keep the battery cooler working better and longer
- The lithium-ion batteries can work in harsh temperatures as low as -4 degrees Fahrenheit
- An electronic motor protection system will keep the motor safe from overloading and will increase its longevity
- The length of the drill driver is 7 inches, and its weight is 3.5 lbs. and that of the impact drive is 6.2 inches and it weighs 3.2 lbs.
- The cordless drill driver has a no-load rpm of 0-500 / 0-1,700 and a torque of up to 442 in. lbs.
- The impact driver has a no load rpm pf 0-2,800 / 0 – 2,000 / 0 – 1,300 and a torque of 0 – 1,650 / 0-900 / 0-400 in. lbs.
This is yet another cordless drill and impact driver combo which has made it into our list of the best cordless drills for 2019, and it has deserved its position for a wide variety of reasons including their compact and lightweight designs, their incredible maximum speed, and the long runtime of their batteries.
- They have brushless motors which require less maintenance, perform better and live longer than those with brushed ones
- The kit includes a battery operated drill and impact driver
- The PCC60 cordless drill has a two-speed gearbox with an rpm of 0-400 and 0-1,700, it also has a ½ inch chuck and 360 Units Watts out
- The PCC647 impact driver has a 0 – 2,700 rpm, a 0 – 3,100 ipm and a max torque of 0-2,700 rpm
- Both tools have durable and long-running PCC681 20V MAX lithium-ion batteries
- The kit also includes a battery charger
- The tools are sold with a 3-year warranty
- The cordless drill is 8 inches long and weighs 3.2 lbs., and the impact driver is 5.7 inches in length and weighs 2.9 lbs.
- Both tools have LED lights to illuminate the working surface in front of them
This ultra-compact cordless drilling and driving tool will become your favorite tool to take with you just about anywhere. It is the smallest in our list and is definitely the most portable one we have tested in 2019.
- A drill length of only 6 3/8 inches and a weight of just 2.8 lbs. with the battery – this is the most compact and light cordless drills you can get
- A BL brushless motor with two speeds (0 – 500 / 0 – 1,700 rpm) and a torque of up to 350 in.lbs. maximum which helps the tool to run cooler and live longer
- A useful LED light to see what you are working on more clearly even in tight and dim spots
- An ergonomically designed handle with a soft rubberized grip
- A keyless ½ inch chuck for easy and quick installing and removal
- It has Makita’s Star Protection Computer Control against overheating, overcharging or overloading
- There is a 3-year limited warranty for the tool and the battery (which needs to be purchased separately)
- It works with an 18V lithium-ion slide style battery which charges faster and lasts longer than the majority of other batteries in this range
What are the advantages of using a cordless drill?
The reason why cordless drills have become such popular tools which are used by professional and home users alike is that there are multiple advantages of using such a tool.
Here are the main benefits of using cordless drills
- They don’t have a cord which will restrict your movement during use
- You can use a cordless drill anywhere you want – so you can take the tool to work rather than having to bring the work to a heavy tool
- They are lighter and more compact than the corded ones
- They are more suitable for work on small, narrow and tight areas
- With the modern and improved batteries, these cordless tools are becoming even more powerful, lighter and more efficient than before
- They can be used as drills and as screwdrivers alike
As you can see, these compact, light and highly efficient cordless drills can be an excellent addition to your collection of instruments no matter whether you are a hobbyist or a professional who uses these tools on a daily basis.
We have picked our top choices for the best cordless drill for 2019, and hope that you have managed to identify the one which will be the best choice for you. All of our top picks are small, light, highly efficient and long-lasting tools which will make your work much faster and easier.
We are sure that as soon as you start using any one of these cordless drills, it will become your favorite tool to use at home, at work, and wherever you need to have a fast, powerful and cordless drill or fast speed screwdriver.
Good luck with your choice and enjoy your new nifty cord-free drill!
Last update on 2019-03-21 at 06:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API