Do you just hate it when it comes time to take out that bulky vacuum and clean your entire home? With a corded stick vacuum like the Shark Flex DuoClean HV391, this feeling will change forever.
Stick vacuums are incredibly useful devices because they are ultra-light, easy to carry and use, and can reach into all tight spaces and allow you to move around the furniture with minimal effort.
The corded vacuums unlike the cordless ones will not run out of power in the middle of a cleaning job and will provide you with continuous suction until you have managed to remove every single piece of dirt and dust from your floor and furniture.
We have tested and reviewed numerous devices and have come up with our list of the best corded stick vacuums for 2019 for you.
Our top favorite corded stick vacuum for 2019 is this ultra-light stick vacuum by Shark. The Shark Flex DuoClean HV391 features the amazing MultiFLEX technology which allows for easy reach under low furniture. Thanks to the MultiFLEX feature you can also fold the upright corded stick vacuum in two and turn it into a compact, freestanding unit which allows for easy storage anywhere in the house.
Thanks to its DuoClean technology which has a bristle brush for deep and thorough carpet cleaning, you can get all of that dust, hairs, and debris which are stick deeply in the carpet without too much effort or without applying too much pressure. This is excellent news not only for the clean freaks but also for households where there are people with pet, dust or pollen allergies. It is also a perfect way to ensure that the air that you breathe at home is cleaner, which is essential if someone at home has asthma or other respiratory problems.
The vacuum also comes with an additional soft brush roll which will successfully capture and remove larger debris from the hard floors in your home and will clean and polish them to perfection.
The Shark Flex DuoClean is designed specifically for picking up and removing pet dander and hair both from hard floors and from carpeting and other fabrics in your home. The Pet Multi-Tool will remove the hair and other debris stuck on all kinds of surfaces, and can easily be converted into an upholstery tool which you can use to get rid of those stubborn pet hairs and dander stuck in the crevices and the upholstery of your furniture as well.
Thanks to the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology of this corded stick cleaner, all of the pet hairs, dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and other potential allergens will stay safely trapped inside the dust can and out of the air that you and your family breathe. This technology will capture and trap up to 99.9% of the dust and other pollutants which have the potential to trigger allergies and respiratory problems.
The Shark Flex DuoClean can easily turn into a handheld vacuum so you can clean everything above the floor as well. It is a superb option for cleaning stairs and other hard to reach areas. This is due to its ergonomic design as well as its ultra-light weight of only 9.8 lbs.
The stick vacuum also has an Active-Glide Technology which makes cleaning both carpeted and hard floor much easier, because the vacuum will maneuver effortlessly on any surface and still retain the powerful suction no matter what position it is in.
The Shark Flex DuoClean can actually be used in an upright mode, in a reach mode, as well as folded up for easy and compact storage mode.
The dust cup of the vacuum cleaner is 4 x 4 inches and has a capacity of 0.42 quarts. It is easy to detach and empty with the press of a button, and without touching the mess with your hands.
The overall size of the unit is 10.2 x 16.5 x 49 inches and when it is folded up, it is even smaller so it will fit even in the tightest space when you are not using it.
It has a cool and modern design, and the added bright LED lights make it look even better and are indispensable when you are cleaning under the furniture or other dark places.
Our favorite corded stick vacuum cleaner for 2019 is sold with a Pet Multi-Tool, a Duster crevice tool, a MultiFLEX under appliance wand, and an accessory bag.
All of the filters are washable and are meant to last the life of the vacuum itself, so you won’t be spending more money on expensive replacement filters with this incredible corded stick vacuum cleaner either.
Overall, given the huge array of included accessories, the versatility of this stick vacuum, its ease of use and storage, as well as its efficiency in remove large and microscopic debris from any surface in the house, even under the furniture and the appliances, we strongly recommend the Shark Flex Duo Clean corded vacuum if you are looking for the best corded stick vacuum on the market in 2019.
The runner-up in our list for the best corded stick vacuums for 2019 is another superb choice for cleaning both area rugs and bare floors. The Fuller Brush Spiffy Maid is a lightweight stick vacuum which has a powerful 9Amp motor providing excellent suction continuously as you clean.
The vacuum cleaner weighs just 8 lbs. and has a very long power cord of 30 feet, so you can clean large areas without having to unplug the device and look for a closer power outlet. The vacuum has a quick release cord hook to keep the long cord neatly stored in place when you are not using the cleaning device.
Thanks to its design, the vacuum glides easily and effortlessly on all types of hardwood and hard floors and will pick up all debris – large and microscopic. All of the collected debris, dust and dirt are trapped by the media HEPA filter of the device, so they stay safely inside the dust can and out of the air that you breathe. The vacuum has a 4-stage filtration system and the filter is very easy to replace, with no tools required.
Once you are done cleaning the floor with this comfortable to hold and easy to use stick vacuum, you can change the floor tool and replace it with the nifty crevice tool which is highly efficient for cleaning all nooks and crannies, your furniture, your car as well as cobwebs or other hard to reach tight areas.
The nozzle has edge cleaning on both sides, as well as an added squeegee which easily and gently lifts any dirt, dust or crumbs for the vacuum to suck in.
It has a telescopic handle which you can adjust according to your height or to the area you want to reach and clean with the vacuum. The loop on top of the handle makes it easier to steer, maneuver and control the vacuum, and much more comfortable to use as well.
The Spiffy Maid corded stick vacuum has two-speed modes, with the switch located in the base of the vacuum for easy and quick access.
The overall size of the Fuller Brush Spiffy Maid Broom vacuum is 8 x 10.8 x 40.5 inches, and it weighs just 8 lbs. it has a built-in carry handle to carry the vacuum around effortlessly from room to room and up and down the stairs.
The vacuum is sold at a very reasonable price and comes with a 1-year warranty.
This is possibly the best bang for the buck if you want a corded stick vacuum for hard floors.
Best budget-friendly option
If you want a good quality corded stick vacuum but are not ready to spend a fortune for a high end one, then we suggest you choose our top budget-friendly option for 2019 – the Bestek 2-in-1 corded vacuum.
It is a versatile and affordable device which you can use both as an upright stick vacuum, as well as a handheld one for cleaning the harder to reach areas in your home – like your furniture, the stairs or your car.
The affordable corded stick vacuum by Bestek offers both Sponge and HEPA filtration. Thanks to the HEPA filter all of the dust, dust mites, pollen, pet hair and dander, and all other potential allergens are trapped in the vacuum and thus are not released back in the air. This will reduce the airborne allergens in your home and will make life easier on those of you who suffer from allergies, asthma or other problems with the respiratory system.
The HEPA filter is washable, so you don’t need to spend money on replacements for it either.
The vacuum weighs only 3.7 lbs. and is 43.4 x 10 x 5.4 inches, so it is very easy to carry around, use on stairs, and get from one place to another even if you have weak arms or problems with the back or waist.
The cleaning head is designed to glide easily on all surfaces and is perfect for cleaning hardwood floors, furniture and stairs. It swivels at 170 degrees, and thanks to the motorized brush can capture all kinds of debris – large and small. It can easily fit under the furniture and move around it effortlessly.
The vacuum also comes with a handy crevice tool which is attached onboard the device for easy access while you are cleaning, as well as for neat storage.
The dust cup has a 0.8-liter capacity and is easy to remove and clean, without the need of handling the mess or replacing bags.
The power cord is 16.5 feet long so it is a good idea to use an extension cord if you are cleaning a larger area.
Overall, at this price, and with this quality and versatility, you can hardly get a better deal than the Bestek 2-in-1 corded stick vacuum on the market in 2019.
The rest of the best-corded stick vacuums for 2019
If you want to buy a corded stick vacuum with as many added tools and accessories as possible, then you should definitely check out the Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro.
- The vacuum comes with multiple accessories including a 2-in-1 Pet Multi-tool, a flexible hose, a crevice tool, as well as a Dust-Away hard floor attachment
- All of the accessories can easily and neatly be stored on board the device for easy access as you are cleaning
- The stick vacuum is lightweight and offers easy maneuverability with advanced swivel steering, so you can move around furniture and reach hard to get places with minimal effort
- The vacuum is so light and comfortable to use that you can use it to clean all surfaces – from the floor to the ceiling
- It can be converted into a hand-held vacuum very easily
- LED lights on the nozzle and the body so that you can see every crumb, hair, and speck of dust, no matter who dark the area you are cleaning is
- A quick foot pedal release for hands-free adjustment and use
- The vacuum weighs 8.6 lbs. and is 35.2 x 11.5 x 7.8 inches
- The dust cup is large sized with a capacity twice as large as the original Rocket vacuum, and it offers easy and hands-free emptying
- It is suitable for all kinds of floors – carpeted and hard floors, as well as for all types of furniture and surfaces, including stairs and upholstery baseboards
The Shark Rocket HV302 corded stick vacuum is ideal for those of you who are fed up of having to drag a heavy and bulky vacuum around the house to clean up.
- The device is ultra-light and weighs less than 8 lbs.
- It converts from an upright stick vacuum into a handheld vac which you can use to clean the stairs, your furniture, car or any other surface
- It comes with Home and Car detail Kit micro-tools which will allow you to get to all the nooks and crannies and clean up even the tiniest and tightest spaces efficiently
- The controls are on the handle, so you will be able to adjust the settings as you are cleaning with a press of a finger, without having to bend down or stop the vacuum
- You can store the vacuum either by attaching the hand-held vac to the wand or by securing it to the added wall mount
- It has swivel steering which provides superb control over the movement and allows you to move around the furniture without missing a spot
- The power cord is 25 feet long
- The vacuum weighs only 7.6 lbs. and its size is 10.5 x 9.8 x 46 inches
- The dust cup is easy to remove and empty and has a capacity of 42 quarts
Did you know that “Hoover” is what people in the UK still call all vacuum cleaners? Well, this corded stick vacuum by Hoover is the living proof that people are right to turn the brand name into an everyday word.
- The vacuum is superb for those of you with mixed floor types, as its Powered brush roll with Cyclonic technology allows for easy transition between hard floors, carpets and area rugs
- The wheels are non-marring, so you don’t have to worry about the Hoover damaging or scratching your delicate floors
- It has easy to control and maneuver swivel steering
- The brush has edge cleaning bristles which will get all of the dust and debris stuck around the edges of the walls and your furniture
- Thanks to the wide cleaner mouth you can take instant care of dry spills with just a few swipes
- The low profile base is very useful for reaching those hard to get places underneath the furniture and appliance
- The WindTunnel technology will ensure that you get all of the dust and debris stuck into your carpeting or upholstery
- A long 20-foot cord will allow you to clean large areas without losing any suction power on the way
- The reclining handle will help you clean under beds and other furniture with minimal effort
- The filter is washable, so you won’t need to buy replacements
- The vacuum weighs under 8 lbs. so you can move it around and carry it up and down stairs with ease
- The size of the vacuum is 10.6 x 8 x 25 inches, and its weight is only 8 lbs.
- It is sold at a very reasonable price for the high quality provided
Are you fed up with your bulky vacuum cleaner falling over and taking up too much space when you are not using it? With the SharkNinja Rocket HV301HX, you can rest assured that the vacuum will stay in place and will take up minimal space when stored.
- The corded stick vacuum weighs less than 8 lbs. making it suitable for use even by elderly people or those of you who have back pain or other health issues
- The upright vacuum can easily be transformed into a nifty handheld vac so you can clean the top of the furniture, your stairs, or your car as well
- Thanks to the Hard Floor Hero technology, you can pick up all debris, and tiny specks of dust and particles from your hard floors
- The stick vacuum has convenient swivel steering, so you can move around the house and around bulky furniture with minimal effort
- It can be stored without taking up any floor space by securing the vacuum to the handy wall mount it comes with
- The power cord is 25 ft. long
- The entire vacuum weighs only 7.6 lbs. and is 10.5 x 9.8 x 46 inches in size
- The dust cup has a capacity of 42 quarts
The Shark Rocket ZS351 is yet another superb corded stick vacuum offered by Shark, which will save you the hassle of ever having to manually remove the hairs stuck in the brush.
- The vacuum not only deep cleans your home but will clean itself at the same time thanks to its Zero-M self-cleaning brush which removes any hairs stuck into it as you go
- The self-cleaning brush can efficiently deal with removing human and pet hair of all lengths alike
- Thanks to the powerful suction you can remove all dust, dirt, and allergens from your carpets and upholstery, and safely and efficiently clean your hard floors as well
- The motorized brush easily transitions from deep cleaning carpets to cleaning hard floors
- The extra-large dust cup will allow you to clean your home thoroughly without having to stop to empty it
- The vacuum easily transforms into a portable handheld vacuum which you can use to clean the car, your furniture, the stairs or any other hard to reach the surface
- It provides excellent control because it has a maneuverable swivel steering feature
- The power cord is 30 feet long
- The device weighs 9.3 lbs. and is 13.4 x 10.2 x 47.2 inches in size
If you are not ready to break the bank for good quality and extremely lightweight corded stick vacuum cleaner, then we suggest you consider buying the Eureka Easy Clean 2 in 1 169B.
- Sold at a very reasonable price
- A comfortable telescopic handle will allow you to reach any place on the floor and up to the ceiling
- A wide cleaning head with a 10-inch cleaning path will make vacuuming the house faster and easier
- The device is free-standing so you can store it away easily even in the tightest place
- The handle can be removed easily and the upright vacuum will turn into a compact and comfortable to hold handheld vacuum for stairs, cars and above-floor cleaning
- The brush roll can easily be turned off when you transition from cleaning the carpet to cleaning the hard floor
- The dust cup and its filter are easy to empty and wash and will eliminate the need to buy bags or filters
- This is one of the lightest of all corded stick vacuums we have tested – it weighs only 4.4 lbs.
- Its dimensions are 5 x 10 x 44 inches
- It has a 15-foot cord
- The vacuum is sold with a 1-year warranty
Do you hate it when the dirt and dust stay stuck around the legs of the furniture of your house even after extensive vacuuming? With the Bissell Hard Floor Expert vacuum, you can say goodbye to those dirty spots and hello to a perfectly clean floor – edge to edge.
- The cleaning head is V-shaped which ensures that all of the dust and debris are swept toward the suction path, which eliminates the need to sweep the floor before vacuuming
- The vacuum has a powerful Cyclonic technology providing continuous suction no matter what
- It is very light and easy to maneuver around the house
- The dust cup is very easy to remove, easy to empty and doesn’t need bags
- The power cord is 20 feet long
- The vacuum weighs 7.5 lbs. and is 11.3 x 10.6 x 43.3 inches in size
If you have people with dust or pet allergies or family members with asthma or hay fever, the Shark Rotator NV450 could be the best-corded stick vacuum to use in your home.
- The swivel steering will allow you to reach into all corners and around the edges of the furniture so you can deep clean your home easily and quickly
- It has an extra-long hose which will help you reach those tough to reach spots under the furniture on the ceiling
- The vacuum has a Complete Seal Anti-Allergen HEPA filter which is capable of trapping and sealing in 99.9% of the dust, dust mites, pet dander, pet hairs, pollen, and all other allergens and keep them away from the air in your home
- The deluxe motorized brush roll is easy to control as you are cleaning so you can seamlessly deep clean the carpets and move on to the hard floors
- It has a no suction loss technology which will ensure continuous suction throughout the cleaning on any surface
- It operates quietly, so you won’t disturb the rest of the family when you use it
- It comes with special pet tools to remove all hairs and dander from the crevices and from the pile of the carpet
- The brush has powerful LED lights so you can see every hair or piece of dirt no matter where you are cleaning
- The handle is ergonomic and very comfortable to hold and move around
- The power cord is 30 feet long
- It has an extra-large, and easy to clean dust cup
- The size of the vacuum is 28.8 x 12.5 x 10.8 inches and it weighs 17.35 lbs.
The benefits of using a corded stick vacuum
With the busy lifestyles, we are all leading, cleaning and vacuuming our homes has become a burden for many. This is mainly due to the use of bulky, large sized and difficult to carry and maneuver vacuum cleaners. With a good quality corded stick vacuum, you will not only save space, but you will also save time and energy when it comes time to clean your home.
Here are some of the key benefits of using a corded stick vacuum cleaner:
- These vacuums are very light, usually less than 8-9 lbs., so you can carry them around, clean the stairs, maneuver easily and quickly throughout the house with minimal effort
- They are easy to use and maneuver around the home and around furniture or clean hard-to-reach places
- Corded stick vacuums are cheaper than other vacuums, so you won’t be spending too much money
- These vacuum cleaners are suitable even for elderly people, or those with back or arm pains
- Most of them are bagless, so you don’t need to buy bags and replace them, and you can easily empty the dust can instead
- Unlike the cordless models, the corded one will not run out of power in the middle of the cleaning job
- Many of them can easily convert into handheld vacs too – so they are versatile cleaning devices for the whole house, the car or any other property you need to clean
- They are perfect for dealing with dry spills
- They take up little space, and some are wall mountable so they don’t use floor space at all
Where can you use a corded stick vacuum
The best part about corded stick vacuums is that they can be used to clean your entire home, as well as your car, your RV or anything else. They replace brooms perfectly and are much more efficient at collecting the dust, debris, and allergens than brooms or mops. Plus they are much more maneuverable, so you can move around the house without too much effort, and get every bit of dirt every time.
With the corded stick vacuums which convert into handheld ones, you can clean every piece of furniture or your car without hassle as well.
The features to look for when shopping for a corded stick vacuum
There are some features which are especially important to keep in mind when shopping for the best-corded stick vacuum. Here are some which you should pay extra attention to if you want to be able to take advantage of all of the benefits of using a vacuum of this type:
One of the major pluses of this type of vacuum cleaners is their light weight. The lighter your corded stick vacuum is – the easier it will be for you to carry it around, to use it to reach ceilings or other hard-to-reach areas, as well as to go up and down stairs. We have picked models which are light in weight and are easy to carry and store, with some of them weighing as little as 4-5 lbs. this is especially important if you have carpeted stairs which need cleaning, or if you have problems carrying and handling heavy objects.
Most corded stick vacuums are freestanding, so you can just leave them in your storage space without worrying about them falling over. Also, there are some models which are more versatile and can be transformed from upright vacuum cleaners into hand-held ones.
You should pay attention to the ease of use, ease of control and the ease of emptying the dust can as well because the whole idea of getting a corded stick vacuum cleaner is to make life easier on you, right?
Look for additional features in the design such as added LED lights, cord management systems, easy to access power and control buttons, as well as the option to fold the vacuum for even more compact storage.
If you have limited floor space, look for a corded stick vacuum which comes with a wall mount so you can save floor and room space, and keep the vacuum securely attached to the wall.
Even if you are buying a corded stick vacuum as a replacement for a broom or mop, it is essential that you pick one which has sufficient power to provide the suction you need to remove all of the dust and debris from your floors and furniture. Choose a vacuum cleaner which is more powerful if you have people with allergies at home, or if you have pets which shed. Also, more power is recommended for deep cleaning carpets.
If you live in a home with bare hard floors, you can opt for a less powerful vacuum instead.
A filter is essential if there are people suffering from allergies, asthma or other problems due to breathing in airborne allergens. In this case, you should choose a corded stick vacuum with a HEPA filter which can trap up to 99.9% of all of the allergens in the vacuum, and prevent it from returning into the air in your home.
Some corded stick vacuum cleaners have washable filters which is good for you because you won’t have to spend money on buying replacements.
In case you choose a vacuum which requires that the filters are replaced, make sure you check the price for the replacements before buying it, to see how much it will cost you in the long run.
Choose a corded stick vacuum which has accessories which will suit your specific needs. If you have carpets at home, look for a device which has a motorized cleaning brush suitable for deep cleaning carpets and upholstery. For hard floors – pick a vacuum which has a gentler cleaning head and non-marring wheels. If there are pets at home, you should opt for one of the vacuums which come with specialized pet cleaning multi-tools. There are also corded vacuums which have additional tools and accessories for specific purposes. Some of them even allow for onboard storage of these accessories so you can easily access and interchange them as you go.
The cord length
If you live in a larger home, it is a good idea to pick a corded stick vacuum with a longer power cord, so that you don’t get stuck in the middle of the job, and you don’t have to unplug and re-plug the device in another power outlet during the cleaning.
Corded stick vacuums, in general, are much cheaper than the cordless models, and the other larger -sized vacuum cleaners on the market. We have picked our top favorites in all price ranges, so hopefully, you will the perfect one which fits your budget.
We have picked vacuums made by some of the leaders in the industry such as Shark, Bissell, Hoover, and others for you. We believe that investing in an appliance as important as a vacuum cleaner is an important decision to make, so relying on the manufacturers who have tens and hundreds of years of experience in designing and making vacuum cleaners is a very wise choice.
Also, pay attention to the warranty offered by the manufacturers as well as the customer service provided before buying a new corded stick vacuum cleaner.
A corded stick vacuum will change the way you feel about vacuuming and cleaning your home or other property. With a good quality vacuum like this, deep cleaning your home will be a breeze.
These cleaning devices are light, easy to use, easy to maintain, easy to move around with and to reach all of the areas which you can’t reach with a larger and bulkier vacuum cleaner.
Hopefully, we have managed to help you find the perfect corded stick vacuum cleaner for your needs, and pretty soon you will be able to enjoy the multiple benefits of owning one yourself!
Good luck with your choice, and have fun vacuuming your home without hassle with one of these superb corded stick vacuums!
Last update on 2019-07-20 at 11:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API