If you are really into console gaming, there are two popular schools that you may identify with. The first of these are the ones who need all their equipment, including chairs and seating, to be perfectly built around their gaming.
The other type of people is the ones who don’t really create a fuss around a particular gaming chair and can make do with a comfortable one with great ease. Regardless of the type of console gamer that you are, it is important that you give some thought to the chair you are using as it could have an impact on your health and performance. This guide will help you in the process!
Top 5 Reviews of Console Gaming Chairs
- Best Overall Chair — X Rocker 51259 Pro H3 4.1 Audio Gaming Chair: The best option for people who want to play, listen to music, relax, or get a full-body experience.
- Best for Superior Sound — Ace Bayou X Rocker 5143601 II Video Gaming Chair: If the high-quality sound is what you are aiming at, this chair and its in-built subwoofer will do the jog with style.
- Best for Offices — HOMY CASA Leisure Recliner and Ottoman Chair Set: This stylishly designed multipurpose chair will fulfill your console gaming needs at home and at work.
- Best Budget Option — Giantex Floor Folding Gaming Sofa Chair: If you are looking for a gaming chair that will give you multiple uses for an affordable price, this is the way to go.
- Best Portable Option — BirdRock Home Adjustable 14-Position Memory Foam Floor Chair: Storage can be an issue with a number of gaming chairs but not with this one.
Best Overall Chair:
Our pick for the best overall gaming chair has to be the X Rocker 51259 Pro H3 4.1 Audio Gaming Chair, and there is no dearth of reasons for why that is the case. First and foremost, this gaming chair comes with wireless transmission and can work with a wide range of different gaming consoles like your PS4 and Xbox One. The chair also comes with inbuilt vibration motors and bass that will give you an overall fantastic experience.
- 275 lb weight capacity
- Built-in wireless capacity
- 4 speakers
- Powerful subwoofer with AFM Technology
- Vibration motors
- 90 days limited warranty
- This chair is compatible with all major gaming consoles and even devices like iPads and iPhones.
- The X Rocker 51259 Pro is powered with the help of a cord that is attached to an electrical outlet. If you are looking to operate a wireless TV, you can also use batteries.
- The chair comes with an in-built wireless receiver as well as a feature that allows you to link up multiple different chairs.
- This is the most expensive model on this list and may not suit all budgets.
- There is no Bluetooth compatibility, which is an important consideration if you want the best of the latest technology in your hands.
Best for Superior Sound:
While most good gaming chairs lay a lot of emphasis on comfort, this particular chair goes a step ahead and combines it with impeccable sound quality with the help of the two forward-facing speakers and subwoofers that are built into the chair. With an above-average weight capacity, great back support, and a side control panel for all your requirements, this makes for a phenomenal gaming chair.
- 250 lb weight capacity
- Fully assembled chair
- Ergonomic design for back support
- 2 forward-facing speakers
- Powerful subwoofer
- Wireless audio transmission
- Headphone jack
- You do not have to waste any time with assembly as this chair comes fully assembled in the first place. Simply place it in the room and start playing.
- There are cords that are attached to your television to give you the most sophisticated sound performance.
- Along with the option of wireless transmission, the chair is constructed to give you all the comfort you need for effective gaming.
- This chair is quite heavy, and as it does not come with a swivel base or wheels, you cannot drag it around the house with ease.
- There is no Bluetooth compatibility, which takes away from the overall utility of the product.
Best for Offices:
If you are looking for a new chair to add to your office setup or a two-piece — including the ottoman — elevated chair set for home, the HOMY CASA Leisure Recliner and Ottoman Chair Set may be deserving of your time and money because of the comfort and support that it offers. This chair has one of the highest weight capacities, which makes it a great option for people with larger frames.
- 350 lb weight capacity
- 360-degree swivel function
- Adjustable backrest
- High-quality PVC leather
- 30 days limited warranty
- This is a well-designed chair that looks aesthetically very pleasing — even good enough to be placed in an office space.
- It is very easy to assemble the chair when you initially receive it, and cleaning it at a later stage is also quite hassle-free.
- This chair can be used with a television or in front of a desktop computer, which increases its overall versatility.
- The package that is delivered to your house will be quite heavy, and it is difficult to move the chair and ottoman around the house alone.
- There are no sound or vibration systems included in the construction of the chair.
Best Budget Option:
Not everyone is comfortable spending hundreds of dollars on gaming chairs — especially if it is for someone else. In such cases, it is important that you get your hands on an affordable option that doesn’t compromise on quality either. The Giantex Floor Folding Gaming Sofa Chair is one such option, especially for people who are taller than average.
- 200 lb weight capacity
- Built using iron, foam, flannel, polyester
- Multi-purpose floor chair
- Easily adjustable angle
- No assembly
- This is the most affordable option when it comes to gaming chairs, costing a fraction of what some of the other chairs can cost you.
- Very easy to put together, as there is no assembly process involved, you can just throw this chair onto the floor and get gaming.
- The product is available in many different color options so that you can get the one that meets your personal style.
- The design can seem a little too simplistic for people who prefer the more sophisticated gaming chairs.
- There are adjustments to the reclining angle or position, it may not immediately lock itself into place.
Best Portable Option:
Portability is a major factor to keep in mind when you are opting for a gaming chair, and the BirdRock Home is a model that deserves mention here. This is a relatively lightweight chair that can be pulled out when you are gaming and then slid under your bed or into any other small space when you want it out of your sight. You can save some money and still get great comfort with this chair.
- Multi-purpose floor chair
- 300 lb weight capacity
- 14 different sitting positions
- Soft plush cover
- Built using polyester and polyester blend, metal and memory foam
- This is a very budget-friendly option when it comes to gaming chairs.
- You get a lot of different options when it comes to colors.
- There is no need for you to place this chair against a wall, as it can stand on its own.
- As this is relatively lightweight, you can move it around with ease.
- As this isn’t a very long chair, it may not support the heads of most adults, especially if you are over 5’9” or 5’10”.
- The memory foam may absorb any spills that are not cleaned up immediately.
Things to Keep in Mind before Buying
Just looking at the best options available for purchase isn’t enough for you to make an informed choice. Some important factors to consider are given in this section.
Type of Chair
Your personal preferences play a large role in determining the right chair for you. For example, if you prefer to game on the floor, a floor chair will work well. However, if the console is on a higher platform, you will need something that gives you reclining capabilities. If you are going for a raised gaming chair, additional pieces like an ottoman to keep your feet on can be very helpful.
Regardless of the type of chair you opt for, comfort is extremely important. If you are going to spend hours sitting on that chair — as many gamers end up doing — you will need enough support to give you the maximum possible comfort as you play.
All chairs come with their own specific weight capacity that you should keep in mind when you are purchasing it. You must avoid going above this capacity to ensure that the chair lasts you a good amount of time.
There are many instances where you may be taking part in a gaming conference or simply going to a friend’s place to play.
Once gamers get comfortable with a certain chair, they like to have it with them in situations like these. Portability makes for an important consideration at this juncture.
A decent warranty shows how much the company trusts its own product. Therefore, you must keep an eye out for products that come with at least some warranty coverage when you first buy them.
Along with all the different considerations mentioned above, there are a bunch of features like Bluetooth and wireless connectivity that can make your chair even more impressive. Other such features include in-built speakers and subwoofers, the range of colors available, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a bunch of questions that may arise in your mind when it comes to console gaming chairs, so we have dedicated this section to answer some of these for you.
Do I Need a Special Chair If I Have a Larger Frame?
Most chairs on this list have been tested and are capable of holding up to 250 lb in terms of weight. If you are within this range, you should be good to go. Otherwise, you can look at separate options for people with heavier frames.
What Can I Do If I Have Limited Space at Home?
Most of these chairs can fit a regular room or a special gaming room, but if you want a multipurpose option that can be stored away easily and also be used as a sofa or a small resting space, you can choose one of the more portable options.
Are There Special Chairs for Growing Kids and Teenagers?
If you have kids or teenagers who are really into gaming, it is recommended that you get them one of the more basic gaming chairs and allow them to understand and build their personal preferences along the way. If you invest in something too large, unwieldy, or expensive in the beginning, it may not give you the exact results you are seeking.
Everyone has different needs and requirements that they need their gaming chair to fulfill. For example, some of you may find yourself pulled towards the innovative ones that give you wireless access and a host of fun features, while others may prefer a comfortable sofa chair that can be put to multiple uses — not just console gaming — around the house.
Whichever one you choose to go for should have some of the basics — for example, durable construction and maximum comfort — that can make your life so much easier. Choose any console gaming chairs from amongst the five options mentioned on the list above and get started!
Last update on 2020-04-09 at 13:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API