Commercial vacuum cleaners are typically those that are used for cleaning in office spaces, schools, universities, and other areas that see commercial footfall. While they are not meant for use in residences and at home, if a commercial vacuum cleaner is versatile enough to handle both, that is perfect. There are a variety of commercial vacuum cleaners available in the market but which one passes muster is hard to decide, given that there are so many options. The following are reviews of some of the best commercial vacuum cleaners, followed by a brief buying guide.
Best Commercial Vacuum
The following is a quick glimpse of the vacuum cleaners that have been reviewed below.
- Best Upright Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: Oreck Commercial, Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner, U2000RB1
- Best Backpack Commercial Vacuum: Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum, C2401
- Best Commercial Tool Kit: ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super CoachVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Media Filtration
- Best Lightweight Vacuum: Hoover CH30000 Portapower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
- Most Maneuverable Vacuum Cleaner: Hoover Commercial Windtunnel 13″ Bagged Upright Vacuum C1703900
Best Upright Commercial Vacuum Cleaner:
The Oreck Commercial Professional Upright Vacuum is a cleaner that does its job with efficiency and power. The vacuum can move between carpets and hard surfaces with ease, thanks to the automatic floor adjustment feature. It is a versatile vacuum cleaner that is able to take out even the most stubborn particles of dust. It also boasts of a long-lasting Endurolife belt that makes it a durable product that can withstand several odds. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner has an automatic floor adjustment system that allows it to move seamlessly between hard surfaces and carpets.
- It has a high-speed and powerful brush roll with double helix brushes that move at 6,500 RPM and is able to gather all the dust into the nozzle.
- The vacuum has a 12-inch cleaning path along with a cogged V-belt that prevents it from slipping.
- There is a circuit breaker that is able to prevent the vacuum from clogging or jamming.
- This is a great upright vacuum cleaner for those who suffer from arthritic pain.
- The vacuum cleaner can travel very seamlessly from soft carpets to hard floors.
- The brush turns at 6,500 RPM and is powerful enough to collect even the most stubborn particles of dust or dirt.
- It has a long-lasting Endurolife belt.
- The vacuum cleaner is a rather loud one.
- The cord is long and easy to trip on.
Best Backpack Commercial Vacuum:
The Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum is one of the best lightweight and portable vacuum cleaners in the market. It comes in a convenient backpack form that gives you superior mobility and allows you to move around from one room to another with ease. The harness has been designed after consulting with chiropractors and reduces strain on the wearer’s back and shoulders. The following are some of the features that the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- At 10 pounds, the vacuum cleaner has a lightweight design that allows you to move around with ease.
- The harness is chiropractic designed, so it does not exert pressure on the wearer’s back and shoulders.
- It features an extra-long, 48-feet, three-wire quick change power cord.
- It comes with an accessory pack with a six-inch crevice tool, an 11-inch turbo floor tool, a two-inch dusting brush, and a four-inch upholstery tool.
- This is one of the most convenient to use commercial vacuums.
- The harness is extremely comfortable to wear.
- The power cord is extra long, so you do not need to keep switching out the power outlet when cleaning.
- The accessory pack makes the vacuum cleaner a complete package.
- Some customers found the vacuum cleaner to be heavier than they were hoping for.
- The attachments are not the most durable.
Best Commercial Tool Kit:
ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super CoachVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Media Filtration
The ProTeam Backpack Vacuum Cleaner is a complete commercial tool kit that is sure to take care of all your vacuuming needs. It comes with a Super CoachVac commercial backpack, and the cleaner also has HEPA filtration, making it a perfectly safe yet strong cleaner. It is also an exceptionally quiet vacuum for how much power it seems to offer. This is the perfect commercial vacuum cleaner for areas and spaces with a high footfall, like schools, colleges, etc. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner features a Xover Floor Tool, which is an all-in-one tool for cleaning low-pile carpets and also hard surfaces.
- The vacuum cleaner has a 10-quart filter and triples the capacity of a standard upright vacuum cleaner.
- The vacuum cleaner offers four times advanced filtration with HEPA media filters.
- It has a volume of 66 dBA, which makes it an incredibly quiet vacuum cleaner.
- It has an extra-long 50-foot power cord that allows you to cover a large area without unplugging the vacuum cleaner to find a closer power outlet.
- This is a great commercial kit for cleaning busy areas like schools.
- It has four levels of filtration that ensures that people in the area breathe clean air.
- For a commercial vacuum cleaner this powerful, it hardly makes any noise and does its job quietly.
- It comes with a variety of accessories, including a telescoping wand, a crevice tool, a soft dusting brush, etc.
- The vacuum cleaner is a tad heavy.
- There is no room to wind the cord at the back of the machine for better maneuverability.
Best Lightweight Vacuum:
The Hoover CH30000 Portapower is a lightweight commercial canister vacuum cleaner that offers you a comfortable, versatile, and deep clean. It is a very compact vacuum cleaner that means it can go into tight spaces and crevices and get the job done. This is a bagless, upright model (which accords for its compact form). The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner has a built-in blower, which gives your home or office a deep and thorough clean.
- This is a canister vacuum cleaner that has a compact, bagless design.
- It offers a long, 33-inch SJT cable that allows you to vacuum a large area.
- It includes a reusable commercial cloth bag that also has a paper option.
- This is the ideal vacuum cleaner for cleaning smaller spaces, like the inside of a car.
- The hose can stretch for extended reach.
- The built-in blower makes the lightweight vacuum cleaner more versatile and allows it to clean with greater efficiency.
- The reusable commercial cloth bag often comes in handy.
- Some customers complained that the vacuum cleaner was not durable.
- The hose tends to be too stiff.
Most Maneuverable Vacuum Cleaner:
The Hoover Commercial WindTunnel is a bagged upright vacuum cleaner that offers incredible maneuverability and allows you to clean large areas by moving the cleaner around with ease. The WindTunnel technology refers to three air channels that are able to target stubborn particles of dirt with ease. It has a flexible handle that allows you to reach areas that would otherwise be hard to get at. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner uses WindTunnel technology that has three air channels which are able to lift and eliminate the dirt with ease.
- You can manually adjust the position of the vacuum cleaner for multiple carpet heights.
- It has a furniture guard that prevents furniture, baseboards and nicks from getting damaged.
- It includes a 12-inch wand, an 11-inch long-reach crevice tool and a dusting or upholstery brush.
- The bristles of the brush are perfect for cleaning the baseboard.
- It uses commercial-quality Urethane wheels which is able to provide grip and avoids damaging the surface with markings.
- The superbly flexible handle allows you to clean even the trickiest areas.
- The WindTunnel technology makes it an extremely powerful vacuum cleaner without damaging the surface it is cleaning.
- The attachments are not very durable.
- The dust sometimes blows back from the vacuum.
Things to Consider before Buying
There are a few different things that you may want to consider while looking for a good commercial vacuum cleaner. The following are some of the factors that could help you make a better decision.
Vacuum Cleaner Type
The type of vacuum cleaner you are using is important. Is it an upright vacuum cleaner, a backpack vacuum cleaner or a handheld/canister vacuum cleaner? There is no hierarchy as to which type of vacuum cleaner is better. This depends on your personal requirements. A backpack vacuum cleaner may be ideal if you are looking for something lightweight, an upright vacuum cleaner may be better for somebody with arthritis while a canister vacuum cleaner may be able to cover a tight, compact area. Each type of vacuum cleaner has its own set of pros and cons. But knowing what is available in the market and what might be a good fit for you is important.
Bagged vs Bagless
This is an age-old tussle — should you buy a bagged vacuum cleaner or a bagless one? A bagless vacuum is compact and therefore lighter, but it does need a more efficient filtration system that ensures that the dust does not escape. A bagged vacuum cleaner, on the other hand, has a larger capacity and can be heavier. But it keeps the dust locked in, safely away from your respiratory system. Whether you should get a bagged or a bagless vacuum cleaner, again, depends on your personal requirements. But if you are looking for something lightweight and easily portable, a bagless vacuum cleaner is the better option.
The capacity of a vacuum cleaner refers to how much dirt it can hold in a single cleaning session. If you are looking to clean a large area (which commercial vacuum cleaners typically are), you will also need a large capacity so the vacuum cleaner does not fill up to capacity mid-clean. Depending on the area you are looking to clean, you should invest in a vacuum cleaner with corresponding capacity.
The weight of a commercial vacuum cleaner matters a lot. Since you need to cover a large area, you do not want to lug around a heavy machine that could potentially injure your back. At the same time, you want to vacuum cleaner to also have enough capacity to hold the dust for at least one long cleaning session. Think about whether you need to climb up and down stairs while cleaning or if you have to move around a lot. You can choose the ideal vacuum cleaner accordingly.
The vacuum cleaners that have been reviewed above are some of the best commercial names in the market. They have been placed in categories of their own so you have an easier time deciding which one is a good fit for you. The product reviews above include upright vacuum cleaners, backpack vacuum cleaners as well as canister or handheld vacuum cleaners. Along with each vacuum cleaner, the features, pros and cons have been meticulously listed. The idea, however, is to introduce you to the product so you can dive deeper and conduct your own research if that is required. The product reviews and buying guide above is a way to lead you in the right direction so you can find the commercial vacuum cleaner that is the most appropriate fit for you. Cleaning large areas can be quite a daunting task but with the right vacuum cleaner, it should be no sweat!
Last update on 2020-12-04 at 19:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API