Combat boots, as their name suggests, are boots designed for use during combat or for all types of military, police, or other actions and services requiring quick and safe movement, comfort, and stability.
Best Combat Boots
Buying a pair of reliable combat boots can be life-saving for certain professionals, so finding the perfect pair is crucial.
Even if you will be wearing the boots for civilian use, like work, hiking, hunting, or as everyday wear, you should opt for a comfortable, stable, and safe pair of the best combat boots.
Here are the most recommended combat boots you can buy in 2021.
The Oakley Men’s Light Assault Boots are an excellent choice if you want to stay safe on your feet and yet be flexible enough and agile while on the field or when hiking, hunting, or working.
- The high-quality tactical boot is designed and built with protection and easy mobility in mind.
- Excellent for all kinds of terrains
- Lightweight and breathable 1000D Cordura and synthetic upper for durability and ventilation
- The synthetic sole and EVA midsole are designed to absorb shock and move naturally with your foot.
- The outsole is slip-resistant
- Rugged and easy to tie 100% braided nylon laces
- A sturdy metal Anti-IR coated speed loop lacing system for quick and easy on and off.
- Available in coyote, desert, blackout, and sage colors
- The military tactical boots are available in men’s sizes from 4.5 to 14
- AR 670-1 for US Army wear
- AFI 36-2903 for US Air Force wear
These bets military boots have been authorized for OCP Army and USAF uniform wear and for Multicam uniforms. They are among the most comfortable, durable, and versatile of all combat boots on the market.
- A standard military 8-inch height
- The upper is made of very durable flesh side out cattle hide leather with added durable nylon breathable and quick-drying fabric.
- A highly cushioned and shock absorbing midsole which will keep you comfortable and safe on all kinds of terrains
- One of the greatest military boots for running
- A unique Vibram IBEX 100% rubber outsole with a superior grip which will keep you safely on your feet on all types of dangerous and difficult terrains
- There are sharp-angled lug, a defined heel for better traction
- The toe bumper is deeply serrated making climbing and crawling easier and faster
- Added rappelling bars on the outsole for added durability
- A well ventilated and moisture-wicking Breathe Right lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable
- A TR-1 load-bearing insole
- Light weight and enhanced mobility thanks to the low sole
- Lace to toe lacing for ankle support and stability and a snug fit
- It comes in an army compliant coyote color
- You can buy these tactical combat boots in sizes from 6.5 to 16
- There are wider size options too
- AR-670-1 for US Army wear
- AFI 36-2903 for USAF wear
These tactical combat boots by Danner are light and theater ready and offer ultimate comfort in hot environments and on difficult terrains.
- Among the greatest hot weather boots on the market
- Durable but light rough-out leather and nylon construction uppers
- Light weight of only 39 ounces per pair
- Military standard 8-inch height for ankle support
- Added midsole cushioning and a dampening heel cup
- A Bi Fit board shank
- PU footbeds which provide comfort and are very durable
- The boots are not insulated
- There is a breathable, moisture-wicking and soft mesh lining for keeping the feet comfortable in hot weather
- A pentagonal lug pattern for excellent traction and added safety and stability on all terrains
- Available in a wide range of sizes, including wide and regular
- AR-670-1 requirements for optional wear
The Corcoran Steel toe Marauder tactical combat boots are one of the safest protective boots on the market. They will protect your toes and feet from impact, fire, oil slippage, and flames and are the top steel toe military boots too.
- 10-inch height
- Suitable for work with machinery, aviation, in vehicles, motor pool, and in hazardous oily and slippery environments
- The boots are made of coyote rough-out leather combined with flame-resistant Cordura nylon uppers for added protection and durability
- An army boot with a water-repellent, machine precision storm welted construction
- Safety steel toe caps on top of the toe box, which will not cause discomfort to your toes but will protect them from impact or falling of heavy objects
- The outsoles are Vibram Omni-Trac 1321 and are “fire and ice,” shock, freeze, slip, and fire-resistant
- Removable PU insert with an antibacterial treatment for comfort and odor control
- NATO speed lacing system
- Made in the USA
- Available in sizes from 5 to 14 – regular and wide
- AR670-1 requirements for optional wear
The Danner Tachyon combat boots are designed and made to ensure that you are comfortable, safe, and stable even in rough terrains when carrying heavy loads and in taxing situations for both military personnel and civilians.
- Flesh-out cowhide leather uppers which are very durable and comfortable
- A shock-absorbing EVA midsole to keep your feet and your joints safe even after hours of walking, running or training on all kinds of terrains
- A spacey toe box and added stability even when carrying heavy loads or in physically challenging situations
- A 100% rubber outsole with pentagonal lugs for a reliable grip and traction
- Breathable, durable and comfortable open cell polyurethane footbeds
- The combat boot is available in tan, Mojave, sage, sage green, and black color options
- Lightweight and breathable, suitable for an indoor work boot and for military use outdoors in hot weather
- The footwear is available in wide and regular size options
- AR670-1 for US Army Multicam and OCP
- AFI 36-2903 for United States Air Force wear with OCP
Related article: Recommended Muck Boots for Men in 2021
These rugged and comfortable combat side zip boots by Reebok offer reliable foot and ankle stability and toe protection while providing sufficient toe space for free movement.
- 8-inch height zip boot with added ankle protection
- A composite toe for safety, which is lighter and more suitable than steel toes in cold conditions or where there are electrical hazards
- Extra-wide toe boot box for free toe movement
- Cattle hide leather and ballistic nylon uppers which will endure a lot of wear and tear
- Breathable and moisture-wicking nylon mesh lining
- F2A PU cushioned, removable insert
- A shock eliminating heel cushion to protect the feet and joints from injuries and soreness
- Built-in EVA memory foam midsole
- Durable double density mountain trail sole made of rubber
- A side zipper for quick and easy on and off
- All hardware is non-metallic, so the boots will keep you safe from electric hazards
- Available in a wide range of size options
- AFI 36-2903 for US Air Force wear with OCP
These tactical boots by Under Armour are an excellent choice for law enforcement officers, for work and for other professional settings. They are reasonably priced, durable, comfortable, and have a polishable toe.
- High grain leather and 900D nylon uppers for added comfort and an overall light weight
- The military boots are DWR treated and repel the water while still allowing for proper ventilation
- A minimalist design which makes them lightweight and allows them to dry quickly
- A pair of these boots weighs only 21.9 ounces
- A polishable toe
- A molded EVA mid-sole and a TPU shank for added support and safety when on the field
- A composite safety toe which can pass through metal detectors and is lightweight and yet will protect your toes from impact and falling objects or moving machines
- Excellent traction thanks to the lugged rubber sole
- An 8-inch height for ankle stability
- Black color
The Rocky S2V Predator combat shoes are one of the top options for hot or hot and wet conditions, such as desert missions. They will ensure that your feet stay cool, sweat-free, and dry no matter what, and will provide you with the comfort and safety you need all day long.
- The uppers are made of water-resistant and flash resistant leather and 1000D Cordura nylon
- They are triple stitched and very sturdy
- Each military boot is coated with PTFE for flame resistance
- Comfortable Stretch-Lycra tongues for a snug and comfortable fit
- An advanced S2V Sieve technology comprising of drainage vents which let the water out and let the air in
- An 8 in height with roll-stop stability for the ankle even on rough trains
- High-walled Vibram rubber sole
- Cushioned PU midsoles which help absorb the shock from the impact with the ground and provide an excellent comfort system
- Added arch support via the fiberglass shank
- Dri-lex lining to wick away sweat and moisture from the feet
- Perforated and breathable Rocky Air-Port cushioned footbeds, treated with an Aegis microbe shield
- Available in black and coyote brown colors
- Sold in wide and regular sizes from 4 to 15
- GSA/TAA compliance
- AR670-1 for US Army wear with Multicam and OCP military equipment
- AFI 36-2903 for US Air Force military footwear with OCP
The Garmont T8 Bifida Tactical Boot is among the most versatile tactical boots on the market. The military combat boot is suitable for all weather conditions – wet and dry and will allow you to perform at your best on all types of terrains.
- Vibram Bifida rubber soles providing maximum traction and shock absorbing.
- Durable suede leather upper with added nylon upper mesh for breathability and quick-drying
- The military tactical boots have added canvas and taxon reinforcements, which add to the durability.
- Excellent all-weather boots
- Offers superb ventilation and dries quickly, so your feet will be dry and comfortable at all times
- It is fitted with roller bearing rigging-proof, hookless lace-ups for a secure fit and quick tying.
- The backward sweeping design of the boots help keep the feet snug and can prevent painful blisters.
- Supports the body via the heel retention boot design
- Excellent for compact, training, hiking, hunting, work, and other outdoor activities
- You can purchase the boots in wide and regular widths and sizes from 5 to 12
- AR 670-1 for US Army
- AFI 36-2903 for US Air Force
Features to look for when shopping for combat boots
Buying good quality combat boots can be a serious investment, and also can make a huge difference when it comes to safety, comfort, and excellent performance.
This is why there are some key features you should look for when choosing the perfect combat boots for your needs.
Here is what you should look for in a military boot:
Look for the right size, arch height, and width
Even half a size can mean a huge discomfort and can be a safety issue for you. So, make sure that you measure the length of each of your feet at the end of the day when your feet are the most swollen.
The perfect combat boots should fit your ankles snugly, and keep them and the heels in place, in order to keep you safe on all kinds of terrains, and still should allow for some wiggle space for your toes. Also, properly fitting boots will prevent chafing and blistering, especially after long hours of wearing them.
Choose the boots according to the climate
If you are going on a mission in the desert, then opt for light, breathable, and moisture-wicking combat boots. If you will be wearing them in wet conditions, then picking a pair of boots that are water-resistant or quick-drying is essential too.
For cold and freezing climates – opt for a cold-weather boot with insulation and yet with lining allowing for better air circulation.
Choose boots that are compliant for your specific needs
If you will be wearing the combat boots for your military service needs, then pick ones that are compliant with the standards.
Berry compliance or AR670 1 compliant army boots are of high quality and tested and approved for wear by the US Army. Also, look for boots with a polishable toe, if your uniform or work requires it.
Choose whether you need a safety toe or not for your boots
Depending on your work and needs, you should opt for tactical boots that have steel, composite, alloy, or no safety toe cap protection. Composite toes are lighter and can pass through metal detectors, and usually offer electric hazard protection.
Steel and alloy safety toe caps can be more resilient to impact from falling heavy objects and impact and are usually more compact than the composite ones.
Cushioning, weight, and traction
If you will be wearing the boots on rough or slippery terrains, then you should invest in an adequately cushioned pair, which offers shock absorption upon surface contact and also reliable traction. Lightweight boots will reduce the fatigue in your feet and legs, especially if you will be running or walking all day long.
- Best Latte Machine Reviews 2021: Top 5+ Recommended - April 24, 2021
- Best Blender For Green Smoothies Reviews 2021: Top 5+ Recommended - April 24, 2021
- Best Countertop Water Filter Reviews 2021: Top 5+ Recommended - April 24, 2021
Last update on 2021-05-09 at 16:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API