A citrus juicer is an awesome addition to your kitchen appliances. Most of us like to drink fresh fruit juice in the morning breakfast but have to bear with the packaged ones available in the market that’s full of preservatives and added flavors. Fresh fruit prepared using a citrus juicer at your home is healthy and safe for drinking and does not include extra sugar or additives. Not only does a citrus juicer help you prepare fresh fruit juice, but it can also help you prepare salad dressings, making its presence highly valuable.
There are a plethora of models that have been launched by different manufacturers. The availability of multiple models means that it can be confusing to decide which citrus juicer is the best for your needs. A lot of factors should be taken into consideration before you decide the best citrus juicer for your home.
A fresh glass of juice can be the difference between a good, refreshing start to the day or a sour morning. Therefore, it is indeed a good decision to buy a citrus juicer for your place. A decent citrus juicer with most of the basic functions will not even burn a hole in your pocket since there are so many options to choose from. In this article, we’ll check out a list of the best citrus juicers available in the market right now and a buying guide to help you decide which one will work best for you.
Top 5 Citrus Juicers
Citrus juicers differ in various aspects, like the functionalities available, the pulp filtration, ease of use, and others. Let’s take a look at some of the best citrus juicers in the market and find out what makes them the best in their category.
- Best Overall Citrus Juicer: Breville 800CPXL – This is the best-rated, editor’s choice citrus juicer that offers everything possible in a citrus juicer. It is easy to use and has a stylish design which lifts the look of the kitchen.
- Best Budget Citrus Juicer: Proctor Silex 66331 – This is the best pick in budget citrus juicers. The low price point does not compromise with the features it comes packed with. It also comes with a recipe book.
- Best Manual Citrus Juicer: Hamilton Beach 932 – This is the best choice if you are looking for a manual citrus juicer with a durable design and one that’s easy to operate. It is built to last for long despite manual operations.
- Best Easy-to-use Citrus Juicer: Lu Cucina Citrus Juicer & Strainer – This model by Lu Cucina is highly recommended due to its easy operability. It gets you fresh fruit juice ready in no time. Made of stainless steel, it has a durable build and is extremely easy to use and clean.
- Best Citrus Juicer with Minimum Splash: Westinghouse WJC1BGA – If you are worried about too much splashing while using your citrus juicer, this is the best pick for you. This Westinghouse model has been specifically designed to reduce splash while extracting the juice.
Best Overall Citrus Juicer:
This is the best overall model of citrus juicer that one can buy. Albeit in a slightly premium price range, this citrus juicer is worth its price. It makes squeezing fresh juice extremely simple and fast. The reamer of the juicer can juice all kinds of fruits from limes to grapefruits and it doesn’t need to be removed for either of them. There are two options for pulp filtration which you can select based on your preference. The locking mechanism of the spout prevents extra drips once the container is full.
- 1-size-fits-all juicing cone
- Drip-stop juice spout
- 1 stainless steel filter
- 2 options for pulp filtration
- Ergonomically designed juice press arm with dual-switch
- The parts are dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean due to the drip-stop juice spout
- Pulp control options allow customization
- Has a modern and stylish look
- The reamer has a universal design that fits all fruits
- The cone and body both are resistant to corrosion by citric acid
- More expensive due to large and advanced model
- The plastic parts might break if handled lightly
Best Budget Citrus Juicer:
If you are looking for a citrus juicer that gives you fresh fruit juice every morning and doesn’t break the bank, this model by Proctor Silex is your pick. At a fraction of the cost of advanced juicers, it offers some amazing features. It comes with 2 reamers along with pulp control dial. It also has a detachable pitcher that you can take to the table. Interestingly, it also has a recipe book that guides you in running your lemonade stand.
- 2 reamers, one large one small
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Includes a pulp control dial
- Detachable pitcher
- Comes with a recipe book to launch your lemonade stand
- Reamer has an auto-reverse feature
- Auto-reverse feature allows for maximum extraction
- Pulp control feature in this budget is highly valuable
- The parts are BPA-free, therefore, environment friendly
- The built-in pitcher is detachable and good for making multiple glasses of juice
- The pitcher is not very feasible if you want to make single glasses of juices
Best Manual Citrus Juicer:
This is a heavy-duty model of citrus juicer by Hamilton and is meant for commercial purposes. This has a highly durable design along with a fancy design that looks good. This citrus juicer can extract fresh juice from fruits like oranges, grapefruits, lemons and limes. It uses Sure Grip feet technology to ensure that the machine does not topple over. The parts are easily removable for cleaning. The lever arm is ergonomically designed to prevent putting any pressure on your arm.
- Commercial use citrus juicer
- Heavyweight, uses Sure Grip feet technology
- The extractor arm can exert up to 2000 pounds of force
- The cone is made of stainless steel
- Ergonomically designed lever
- Multifunctional juice cup which is removable
- The finish of the entire body is acid resistant
- Sure-Grip feet function prevents the machine from tipping
- Easy to clean due to removable parts
- A high amount of force ensures maximum output
- High priced model
Best Easy-to-use Citrus Juicer:
This is an extremely easy-to-use fruit juicer by Lu Cucina that is also supremely affordable. The model has been designed keeping the simplicity and operational feasibility in mind. It is made of food-grade and durable stainless steel. It also has a lockable squeezer that means there’s no need for a separate strainer to keep your juice devoid of pulp.
- 2 inches deep juice container bowl
- Stainless steel durable body
- Lockable squeezer
- Lightweight and simple to use
- Dishwasher free and food-safe metal body
- Lockable squeezer which allows for pulp-free juice without an additional strainer
- Extremely easy to use and clean
- Has a sturdy and long-lasting build
- Highly affordable
- Doesn’t include any advanced features
Best Citrus Juicer with Minimum Splash:
This affordable model of citrus juicer by Westinghouse has been designed to prevent the splashing during juice extracting. This is done by placing a cover over the fruit while extracting the juice. It has powerful enough motor to extract all kinds of fruits and also has an auto-reverse feature for maximum extraction. There are two reamers that cater to different fruits.
- Auto-reverse feature in cone
- 60W powerful motor
- Comes with two reamers for different fruits
- Stainless steel sieve
- Transparent plastic cover included
- The auto-reverse feature ensures maximum extraction
- The large and small cones are suitable for all kinds of fruits
- The transparent plastic lid ensures no splashing
- High-quality and dishwasher safe sieve
- Doesn’t have a universal reamer
- Most parts are plastic and not compatible with dishwasher cleaning
Citrus Juicer Buyer’s Guide
Different Types of Citrus Juicers
Primarily, there are two types of citrus juicers — manual and electric. However, there are also multiple categories based on their function. Let’s take a look.
Different citrus juicers have different functions when it comes to controlling the amount of pulp that filters into the juice. Some models come with additional strainers for pulp control while others have a lockable squeezer.
An auto-reverse citrus juicer comes with a reverse reamer that ensures maximum output is extracted from the fruits. The fruits are squeezed to their maximum level and there is raw residue left behind.
This isn’t a very common feature and is only available in more premium models of citrus juicers. The spin function allows the juicers to work in a centrifugal pattern and squeeze the residual pulp as well as the fruit.
Factors to Consider before Buying
It can be overwhelming to choose the best citrus juicer due to the presence of multiple models in the market. There are options available for all features and budgets, which makes the task of making a decision a little harder. Let’s make it easier by focusing on the top factors to consider while buying a citrus juicer.
Size of the Juicer
This is an important factor, especially if you are purchasing a citrus juicer to add to your home kitchen. A large citrus juicer takes up a lot of space and can crowd the kitchen. Heavier models also mean less portability, therefore, look for a model that sits well with your space and transport constraints.
Another important factor to keep in mind is the pulp control function in the citrus juicer. It can be a deal breaker if you are one of those people who are finicky about the pulp content in your fresh fruit juice. More pulp turns the taste sour.
Ease of Operation
It’s vital to choose a citrus juicer that’s easy to use and has a simple process to follow. Most models these days come with dishwasher safe components that makes them easy to clean. Some models might be too complicated to operate, though. Therefore, it’s essential to get a clear picture, preferable a demo, before buying.
A citrus juicer is a high-utility appliance if you are fond of fresh fruit juice and are a regular consumer. It saves you from consuming the preservatives-added juices in the market, thereby, also controlling the sugar intake. Make sure that you understand your requirements before setting out to buy one. The best citrus juicers are easy to use and clean, have features like pulp control and auto-reverse and have a sleek design that don’t take up a lot of space.
Last update on 2020-09-28 at 02:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API