Best Budget Power Rack
A power rack is an excellent addition to any home gym for people who are into weight lifting or want to build muscle and strengthen their bodies without having to go to the gym and paying for exercising.
But, many power racks are pretty expensive.
This is why we have selected the top budget power racks for 2021 for you, which will allow you to work out in the privacy and comfort of your own home safely and effectively.
The best overall
The Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage has a weight load capacity of up to 800 lbs. and provides a large walk-in space sufficient for various types of weightlifting and strength exercises.
The construction is made of 2-inch square steel tubes and includes two lock-on safety bars of 3 ¼ inches made of chrome. It also has 23-inch long chrome dual mounted safety bars.
The height of the safety bars can be adjusted to 19 different levels. They are compatible with Olympic sized 7 ft. bars.
The power rack has adjustable pull-up and chin-up grip bars.
It can be purchased at a great price combined with a lat pull-down or a weight bench.
This sturdy and well-built power rack can be used for all types of exercises, including squats, shrugs, curls, push-ups, pull-ups, and flat bench presses.
The dimensions of this inexpensive power cage are 50.5 (L) x 46.5 (W) x 83.5 (H) inches, and it weighs 133.5 lbs.
With added attachments available by Fitness Reality, you can customize your home workout equipment, and further increase the versatility of this affordable power cage.
- Two sets of safety bars
- A large walk-in space
- An included multi-position pull up and a chin-up bar
- Adjustable height at 19 levels
- Weight capacity of up to 800 lbs.
- It can be customized with the wide variety of attachments available by the company
- The J-hooks need to be purchased separately
- The height adjustment is at 3-inch increments
This set of two adjustable squat racks is the most budget-friendly option you can find on the market right now. It will cost you less than $100 but is made of high quality, heavy-duty steel tube frames with a thickness of 50mm.
The maximum load of the rack is 441 lbs., and it can be used with Olympic sized and standard sized bars for bench presses and squats.
The feet of the two racks are padded with anti-skid material, which will protect your floor from damage.
The two bars feature 14 safety pins each, which can be adjusted for efficient weight lifting.
The adjustable height is from 45 to 70.5 inches, and the holes are pre-drilled at 2 inches from one another so that you can find the perfect height for your needs.
The overall size of each of the racks is 22 x 19 x 44-70 inches, and its footprint is 21 x 19 inches.
The nuts and washers are stable and will keep you safe even during the most vigorous workouts.
The pair of squat racks are easy to assemble and is a more compact and portable solution for people with limited space for home exercise.
They are also budget-friendly and yet safe and solidly built.
- Easy to assemble
- Small footprint, great for limited spaces
- Easy to store when not in use
- Very affordable price
- Adjustable height from 45 to 70.5 inches with two-inch increments
- Anti-skid padding to protect the floor
- Compatible with Olympic and standard bars
- A barbell shelf is included
- A capacity of up to 441 lbs.
- Can be used for squats, bench presses, dips, pull-ups, and others
- Not suitable for heavy lifters
The top-rated power rack is made of 2-inch square steel tubes and has 1-inch solid steel safety bars, as well as side bracing J hooks This makes the TDS power rack among the top budget home gym tools you can find on the market in 2021.
The rack has a 1 1/8 inch professionally knurled front chin-up bar, as well as 31 holes which are within 2 inches of each other and are numbered so that you can adjust your weights for highly efficient weight lifting and workouts at home.
The size of the power rack when assembled is 48.5 x 48 x 82.9 inches, and it can handle up to 1000 lbs., and a loaded weight of 1050 lbs.
TDS has been in the home gym and weight lifting equipment business for over four decades, and this power rack is proof that the company is among the best in the industry.
- A capacity of 1000 lbs., and a loaded weight of up to 1050 lbs.
- Made of sturdy 2-inch steel tubes
- Included solid steel safety bars
- 31 numbered holes for highly efficient weight lifting and training
- 2-inch increments for better fine-tuning of the height
- Suitable for squats, shrugs, standing and seated military presses, pull-ups, bench presses, and more
- You can add all kinds of workout attachments and equipment
- Sold at a very reasonable price
- It can be a little short for chin-ups and pull-ups for people over 5’11”
The rest of the most recommended budget power racks for 2021
The Merax Power Rack is a tad more expensive than most of the other power racks on this list, but it is still reasonably priced, given its high quality, as well as the fact that it comes with a lat pull attachment.
This power rack is made of 14 gauge 2.4 x 2.4-inch steel, which can support a weight load of up to 1000 lbs.
It has extended safety bar grips, a multi-grip pull up bar, two safety bars, two dip attachments and is suitable for all kind of weightlifting exercises, deadlifts, squats, pull-ups, curls, chin-ups, dips, leg raises, and others, making it a superb investment for your home gym.
The size of the rack is 86 (H) x 48 (W) x 55.5 (D) inches, and weighs 185 lbs.
It is painted with an orange powder coating.
- A weight load capacity of up to 1000 lbs.
- Made of very sturdy and thick 14 gauge 2.4 x 2.4-inch steel
- Features a multi-grip pull-up bar
- Also has two J-cups
- There are two full-length safety bars
- Two dip attachments with padded foam grips
- Four-floor anchor points
- It is more expensive than most of the other power racks we have listed
This is another superb inexpensive power rack that will allow you to lift weights and work out at home safely and efficiently.
It has a 14 gauge steel 2 x 2-inch frame and includes two full-length safety bars, as well as two lift-offs which you can easily adjust to the height you want.
The pillars of the frame include 23 adjustment holes each, located 3 inches apart.
The size of the frame when assembled is 45 (L) x 47 (W) x 83 (H) inches, and it weighs 117 lbs.
It can safely support a weight of up to 500 lbs.
The affordable power rack is sold with a 3-year warranty for the frame, and a 1-year warranty for the other parts.
It is a superb home work out tool for squats, flat bench, incline presses, shrugs, and others.
You can customize it with other accessories to create your perfect home gym full body workout station.
- Made of sturdy 14 gauge steel 2 x 2-inch square tubes
- A weight load capacity of up to 500 lbs.
- Adjustable height at 23 available levels
- Sold with two solid steel lift-offs and two safety bars
- Powder-coated for added durability
- Can be customized into a full-body workout tool
- Affordably priced
- Not the best choice for heavy squatters or powerlifters
The Valor Fitness BD Squat Rack Stands are another space-saving and inexpensive option for people who want to work out and lift weights at home.
The two stands are made of 13 gauge 2 x 2-inch steel tubing. They have special rubber caps on each foot which helps keep them standing stable during exercise, as well as protect the floors from damage.
They can be used for squats as well as for bench presses.
They have storage pegs that are not only convenient and can be used for storing your weights but also add to the stability of the two rack stands.
The height can be adjusted to 10 different levels from 48.5 inches to 70 inches.
There are also added safety catches which can be adjusted in 11 positions from 24.75 to 38.5 inches.
The foot base can be adjusted for added comfort and stability from 20 to 28 inches in length. The rack stands can hold 7 or 6-foot barbells.
They can withhold a weight of up to 350 lbs.
- Space-saving design
- Sold at a very reasonable price
- Made of sturdy 13 gauge steel tubes which are 2 x 2 inches in size
- Adjustable height up to 70 inches
- Adjustable safety catches up to 38.5 inches
- Adjustable bases up to 28 inches
- Storage pegs for weights and stability
- Protective and stabilizing rubber caps on the feet
- They are not as stable as the cage style power racks
The Titan Fitness T-2 Tall power rack is another excellent option for those of you looking for an affordable way to lift weights and workout at home safely and efficiently.
The tall power rack has a wide walk-in design, and the height can be adjusted at 28 levels predrilled in the 2 x 2-inch steel upright pillars.
It also includes a chin-up bar.
The walk-in space is 44 inches wide and 48 inches deep.
You can use this affordable power rack for squats, chin-ups, cross-training, bench presses, deadlifts, and others.
The entire construction is made of heavy-duty steel, and it can withstand a weight load of up to 700 lbs.
The dimensions of this budget-friendly power rack are 83 (H) x 59 (W) x 48 ¼ (D) inches, and it weighs 107 lbs.
It is also available in a short version, as well as with various workout attachments and tools.
- It is 83 inches high so it is perfect for taller people
- Made of heavy-duty steel
- Adjustable height at 28 positions
- A large entrance of 44 x 48 inches
- Suitable for various types of exercises
- Weight capacity of up to 700 lbs.
- The tall version of the T2 is not suitable for rooms with lower ceilings
See also: Compact Exercise Bikes for Your Home
The Super Open Rack Gym costs less than $200 but still is a very good power rack that you can use to build your muscles and strength at home.
The rack has a professionally knurled chin-up bar with a diameter of 1 ¼ inch.
The side stands have 31 holes which are numbered and have 2-inch increments so you can adjust the height easily. They are made of sturdy steel and have a weight load capacity of up to 1000 lbs.
The base of the unit should be attached to the floor with heavyweights on the added weight pegs for added stability if you are planning to lift over 500 lbs. of weights.
The size of the power rack is 48.5 (W) x 44.5 (D) x 83 (H) inches, and it weighs 88 lbs.
- A professional knurled chin-up bar
- Heavy-duty build
- J-hooks and jumbo hooks are included in the price
- 31 adjustment height levels with 2-inch increments
- A weight load capacity of up to 1000 lbs.
- Weight pegs on the base for convenient storage, and for added stability
- Space-saving design
- Costs less than $200
- The weight capacity can be much lower if you drop a weight on the rack
The Body-Solid PPR200X has a convenient walk-in design and multiple features making it one of the most versatile of all budget power racks for 2021.
The upright pillars are located at a distance of 24 inches, allowing for a free range of movement and efficient exercising.
The height can be adjusted at 18 available levels spaced 3 inches apart.
The rack has heat tempered lift-offs combined with special sable styled safety rods, to make weight lifting and workouts as safe and as effective as possible.
The power rack also has a professionally knurled 41-inch chin-up bar with a diameter of 1 inch.
The overall dimensions of the Body-Solid Powerline rack are 82 x 44 x 46 inches, and it weighs 133 lbs.
You can use this home gym piece of equipment for a wide variety of exercises including squats, flat, decline, incline, and military presses, calf raises, shrugs, and others.
The reasonably priced full cage power rack comes with a 10-year warranty for the frame, and a 1-year warranty for the other parts.
It has a weight capacity of up to 600 lbs.
- Full cage design with a lot of space for movement and workouts
- Included saber style safety bars
- Heat tempered lift-offs
- A 41 inch knurled chin-up bar
- Stable 12 gauge steel support pillars
- Adjustable height at 18 levels
- A weight load capacity of up to 600 lbs.
- The frame has a 10-year warranty
- The adjustable spacers are predrilled at 3-inch increments which makes it harder to fine-tune
The Titan T-3 power rack is the perfect budget power rack for those of you with limited space for workouts.
It has a foldable design, and when collapsed, folds flat against the wall where it is installed, which will save you a lot of space.
The rack is made of 11 gauge steel tubes sized 2 x 3 inches with 6-inch hole spacing for height adjustment and comes with a pull-up bar with a diameter of 2 inches. The rack also includes four J-hooks.
All parts are laser cut and coated with powder coating for added sturdiness.
The size of the rack is 91 (H) x 50 (W) x 21.5 (D) inches, and it weighs 150 lbs.
Its weight load capacity is 1,100 lbs.
- Sold at a very affordable price for the quality provided
- Comes with 4 J-hooks
- A foldable, space-saving design
- Suitable for squats, bench presses, dips, and others
- Made of sturdy 11 gauge steel
- Also included is a pull-up bar
- It doesn’t come with the installation kit you will need to mount it to a wall
- How Long Does It Take For Vitamins to Work? - May 5, 2021
- 10 Best Pool Heaters in 2021 – Top Picks, Reviews & Guide - April 23, 2021
- Magoosh GRE Review : Does This Test Prep Work? - April 22, 2021
Last update on 2021-05-09 at 15:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API