If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen creating dishes, a blender and food processor combo is one of the necessary items you must have in your kitchen. It can chop vegetables for you, crush ice for those delicious smoothies, make batters (or even dough), and is generally an all-round useful kitchen tool.
And given that there are dozens of options available on the market, each sounding better than the other, it may become confusing to select the right one for you. So decided to search far and wide and come up with the best blender and food processor combos to help you with the selection process.
Top Reviews of Best Blender Food Processor Combo
- Awesome Reviews: Ninja Master Prep Professional — Equipped with a 450-watt power pod and 3 separate jars, this machine gives you consistent results.
- The Multi-Tasker: Ninja Mega Kitchen System 1500 — Perfect for you if you perform many tasks in the kitchen; it doesn’t take up much space.
- The Versatile One: Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef — Equipped with an LCD and an S blade system, this machine can process a variety of ingredients.
- Heavy-Duty Worker:Ninja BL610 — Another highly durable processor from Ninja with 1,000 watts of power and a 6-blade assembly.
- Silent Processor: Braun FP3020 Ultra Quiet — You will hardly know this complete chopping tool from Braun is at work; it consumes very less power.
- Small Wonder: Cuisinart DLC-2ABC — Processes both hard and soft foods; has dishwasher-safe removable parts.
- The Minimalist: Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender — This simple-to-use blender is a workhorse; features a thermal protection system.
The Ninja Master Prep Professional is one of the very popular names in the blender-food processor combo market. It will serve a small family perfectly well with its 3 conveniently sized 16, 40 and 40 oz jars. Your basic blending tasks along with tougher jobs such as crushing ice are easily taken care of thanks to the wide container and stacked blade technology. The one-speed setting is wonderful since there are not many other dials to confuse the average user. Storing the Master Prep is easy because it won’t take up much space, and the removable parts are dishwasher-safe.
- 450-watt blending motor
- Pitcher, processor and chopper bowls included
- Separate 4 and 6-blade attachments
- Most parts are dishwasher-safe
- Ergonomic design and easy-to-use
- Has no-slip grips to ensure safety while operating
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Warranted to be free of defects for 1 year
- Some customers feel that the processor combo is made of cheap materials
- Other customers have complained that the lid leaks
This high-powered blender (1,500 watts) from Ninja is an appliance with features that will make you want to rush out and buy it. It can create sauces, dips or smoothies and can pulverize ice into powdery snow in a matter of seconds. The secret behind this is the Total Crushing Technology, which means there are 3 blades stacked over each other instead of just 1 like in other blenders. If you are a small family, you will love the 2 personal blender cups that you can use to carry smoothies on the go!
- Very powerful 2-horsepower (1,500-watts) motor
- 30-recipe “inspiration” guide, 2 go-to cups
- BPA-free parts
- Most parts can be washed in a dishwasher
- 1-year warranty
- Easy blade assembly and easy to use overall
- Easy to place the jar in place regardless if you are left or right handed
- Can make large quantities of dough in seconds
- Create sauces, smoothies, dips and crush the ice with equal ease
- Some customers have found the operation to be very loud
- Other customers have said that the machine overheated and became useless
With its 1,200-watt motor, the BFP800XL will make short work of anything you throw at it, be it carrots, to hard cheese to slicing potatoes or chopping onions. Its assembly is very easy because of its design and that includes the 5 multi-function discs and 3 blades that come with it. You will not need to pre-cut fruits because of the 5.5-inch chute and the tireless s-shaped blade is great for mixing, chopping or processing several ingredients. The process won’t start its operation until all the parts are locked in, which makes for a great safety feature.
- Powerful 1,200-watt motor
- Comes with an accessory storage box that can be stored horizontally or vertically, depending on the available space
- Count-up and count-down auto-timer with digital display
- Choose the thickness of your slices with variable sizing disc
- Sleek and professional looking
- Rubber gasket for preventing leaks
- Very easy to remove contents once processed
- Heavy, sturdy construction
- Some customers have found that the processor mashes together ingredients instead of shredding them as intended
- Other customers have said that their containers chipped and cracked easily
The BL610 has a sleek design and 1,000 watts of power that are confidence inspiring. You can process a variety of food items in a matter of seconds that include frozen fruit and ice and then easily detach the pitcher and the blades after every use into a dishwasher. The handle is also made up of slip-proof plastic and the motor base can be cleaned up with just a few wipes from a damp cloth. To top it up, the unit is pretty lightweight and the locking lid stays in place once clamped on.
- A 1,000-watt motor that can crush ice with no problems at all
- 6 blades in total with triple stacked assembly
- Plastic blender is large in capacity and BPA-free
- Won’t work if the lid is not put on properly
- Easy-to-use button assembly
- Easy to transport thanks to its lightweight design
- Plenty of safety features
- Virtually handles anything that is thrown in it
- Some customers have complained of cheap plastic construction
- Other customers have said the containers started leaking after a few uses
This is easily one of the quietest processor-blender combos on the market despite a powerful motor which, at its peak can perform at 900 watts. It offers a wide range of tools for your convenience that includes 12 and 9 cup capacity for dry and wet ingredients respectively, great safety features, and 7 attachment blades (made of food-safe material) to whip, knead, slice, shred or juice. Some customers will appreciate the 11-speed settings for absolute cutting control.
- Comes with citrus juicer and chopper with 7 blade attachments
- Can deliver up to 900 watts of power at peak performance
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The lid needs to be properly closed for the processor to start
- One of the quietest processors on the market
- Very low maintenance and easy to clean
- A great number of accessories provided with the processor
- Very easy to assemble and put together
- Some customers have complained that the replacement parts are hard to get
- Other customers have said that the product stopped working after just one use
This processor, with its 3-cup capacity and 25-watt power, is perfect for a single person or small families. You can grind hard cheese with it, chop herbs, puree, and the reversible blade makes it easy to work on both soft or hard foods. This budget chopper’s design is compact enough to be kept in a cabinet or the countertop. It does not generate too much noise, probably because the chopping operation does not take too long.
- 20 watts of power for quick and small operations
- Safe to use in a dishwasher
- Plastic spatula included
- Lightweight, compact body for easy storage
- Easy to operate with only two buttons
- Easy to clean base and interface
- Very powerful for its size
- Grinds and chops with equal elan
- Not powerful enough for hard foods such as coffee beans or carrots
- Some customers have complained of rust forming on the blades
The Explorian blender comes with a 48-ounce container which is suitable for most small families or single persons. It is suitably powered at 1,500 watts and features variable settings to refine your preferences. Like most of the products listed here, it has the pulse feature which comes in handy when you want to process, but not that much, for example when you just want to chop the veggies and not puree them.
- Aircraft-grade hardened stainless steel blades
- The very useful pulse feature
- 10 variable speeds for every texture
- Thermal protection system and radial cooling fan
- Straightforward, no-frills action
- Cleans itself easily within seconds
- Can make steaming hot soup with a stove
- Can be stored easily because of narrow design
- Some customers have complained of inconsistent operation
- Other customers have said that they received faulty processors
Features to Look for in a Blender Food Processor Combo
All blender food processor combos are designed differently and have many food attachments for specific functions. So this translates to some blenders being great at performing certain tasks but struggling with others. So here is looking at some features that you should look for while shopping:
Blending and chopping vegetables can require a lot of power, so you will need to make sure that the product you are interested in has ample power for that. If you are looking to make butter out of nuts, you would need something high-powered such as a processor that has 1,200 watts or upwards.
What do you need the processor for? How many people is the processor going to benefit? Or is it just yourself it is for? Capacities can be as low as 3 cups, to 10 or 12 cups like one of the products featured here.
How big is the processor? How big is your kitchen space for that matter? Can the processor sit in a corner without being intrusive? Or does it have to be packed away and stored after every operation? Does it have too many attachments that are likely to get lost in the kitchen? You may need to take the dimensions of the unit under consideration if you have a compact kitchen.
Is It Dishwasher Safe?
If your processor/blender has a lot of parts, washing it can be a tedious process, so it would be an advantage if these parts are dishwasher safe. Even better is if the base unit does not have too many protrusions and is easy to wipe clean as well.
What about the Noise?
The more powerful the processor, the noisier it will be, but there are some exceptions like the Braun FP3020 which don’t generate as much noise. Noise levels can otherwise be controlled by placing a silicone mat under the processor.
This is a matter of personal preference. Some people like processors which come with a ton of accessories for different purposes which may vary from extra knife blades to slicers and containers and may feature a full-fledged control panel with complete digital readouts, while others may prefer a no-frills operation with a single button and container. Choose carefully, because most of the time you will be struggling to remember which blade to use for which purpose and looking for the extra accessories.
If the unit is capable of multiple speeds it means that it can blend, grate, slice, mix, shred, chop and even make some dough. Speed variations give versatility to a processor.
Look for products that offer longer varieties. This simply means that the manufacturer is being transparent and is confident about the quality of the product. You will need to read the warranty document carefully before you make your purchase. Some manufacturers have a no-questions-asked policy, which means that they would replace the unit if something goes wrong.
Ever put liquid in a container and set the processor on, only to find that the top was loose and now you have a mess in the kitchen? Not with some of the newer products on the market where the basic safety feature won’t let the processor start if the lid is not closed properly.
People buy blender and food processor combos to make their lives a little easier and because they don’t want too much clutter in their kitchen with too many tools. We have compiled a list of products that we think are great performers. You may be attracted to the ones that offer several features and accessories, but they may not be a perfect fit for your kitchen. So, make your choice carefully.
Last update on 2020-10-21 at 08:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API