Just like with all optics and optical devices, there are high-end ones, and more affordable ones produced and offered.
If you want a good pair of binoculars under $100, we suggest you choose the top-rated Nikon Aculon A211 or any of the other binoculars we have added to this list.
It contains the absolute best binoculars one can buy for less than $100 in 2019. They are of different types and are suitable for different viewing purposes and settings.
So, read on to find the ones that will suit your needs the best.
The Nikon Aculon A211 10 x 42 binoculars are the best ones you can buy within the range of $1-$100.
They are amazingly light and ergonomic, which makes them perfect for all-day carrying and use when outdoors bird watching, wildlife viewing, hunting, or traveling. They are also suitable for watching sporting events and other events of interest.
These premium quality affordable binoculars by Nikon have turn-and-slide rubber eyecups that are comfortable for use for hours.
They have an easy to access smooth central knob, so you can make adjustments and focus easily without taking them off of your eyes.
Thanks to the rubber-armored durable coating, the binoculars will stay safely in your hands no matter whether it is raining or snowing outside.
The reasonably priced binoculars have 10x powered multi-coated lenses, along with 42mm objectives made of the premium eco-glass by Nikon.
This means they offer a 10x magnification and have a 42mm lens size for letting more light in even in low light settings.
Thanks to the aspherical eyepiece lenses, you will be able to enjoy a flat field of view, with amazing clarity and precision no matter what time of day it happens to be and what the lighting is like.
The size of these featherweight binoculars us 8.1 x 4.13 x 4.13 inches, and they weigh 1.68 lbs.
Overall, these affordable binoculars are a perfect option if you are looking for a pair for wildlife viewing, traveling, and for constant carrying around. They can be used from dusk till dawn and will provide you with a clear, bright and precise image at all times.
They cost less than $100 and are offered at a price that is the best we could find for the quality and value provided.
The runner-up on our list is another superb product that costs less than $100 and is absolutely worth every cent you will pay for it.
The Stellax ZoomX 10×42 binoculars are completely waterproof according to IPX7 standards. You can use them when it is pouring or during heavy snow and still get a clear picture of what you are observing.
Their entire body is sealed and filled with nitrogen, which helps protect them from water entering, as well as keeps the lens from fogging during use.
The optics are made of premium quality fully multi-coated glass and lenses and have BaK4 Prism (the highest quality barium crown glass) with ultra-phase color correction for a clear, bright, contrasting, and precise image every time.
They have a magnification of 10x and a 42mm objective lens diameter.
The ZoomX binoculars have an easy to grip and secure rubberized body that will stay in place no matter the weather.
The affordable binoculars also come with an adaptor for a smartphone that you can use to take snapshots of the images you manage to view. It is compatible with nearly all types and brands of smartphones. All you need to do is attach your smartphone and take a photo of what you are currently viewing through the binoculars.
The binoculars also come with a neck strap, and a convenient carry bag with an added pocket for the adaptor and other stuff.
These high-end, waterproof binoculars cost less than $100 and are only 6 x 2.1 x 5 inches in size and weigh 1.2 lbs., which makes them a superb choice for a gift for an adult or child.
They are perfect for bird and wildlife watching, for sports events or for traveling. Plus, you can capture every unique image you see through the binoculars via the smartphone adaptor so that you can share your amazing experience with others too.
Best budget-friendly option
The Bushnell Falcon 7 x 35 binoculars feature fully coated optics for the best possible light transition and autofocusing Porro Prism for sharp images.
They also have an Instafocus system allowing for focusing immediately on fast-moving objects. This makes them an excellent option for watching birds, sports and other fast-moving targets and events. It also helps for easy and precise fine-tuning of the focus for a perfect view.
The inexpensive binoculars have comfortable non-slip rubber pads ensuring a secure grip even in the rain. The coating is abrasion-resistant, which makes it perfect for outdoor adventures and use in harsh conditions.
They provide a 7x magnification, a 35mm objective lens diameter, and offer 20 feet at close focusing distance and a 420 field of view at 1,000 yards.
The eye relief is 12mm, and there is a 5mm exit pupil.
The binoculars also have nifty foldable eyecups that will protect your lenses and eyeglasses or sunglasses from getting scratched during use.
This budget pair of binoculars is suitable for all kinds of use by adults and children. They are only 8 x 6.25 x 3 inches in size and weigh 1.3 lbs., so they are perfect for traveling and for outdoor adventures too.
They also come with a convenient carry case, and all of this costs a fraction of what other binoculars with the same features and characteristics are currently being sold for.
The rest of the best binoculars for under $100 for 2019
If you are shopping for a pair of binoculars that are affordable and suitable for kids, then the Kidwinz Original 8 x 21 is the best one you can find on the market in 2019.
The binoculars are perfect for bird watching, star gazing, sports, theaters, camping, hiking, and all kinds of adventures and fun.
- The binoculars are designed to be shockproof thanks to the rubber coating that will absorb impact from drops
- They offer a magnification of 8x
- They are sold with a comfortable carry case, a cleaning cloth, a 2-foot neck strap, and an operations manual
- They are straightforward to focus, specially designed for use by children
- They can be folded to match the small distance between the eyes of any kid
- The added rubber surrounding the eyepieces provides safety during use at all times
- The binoculars are sold with a lifetime warranty
- Even though they are made for kids, they are definitely not toys
- The size of the binoculars is 4.9 x 4.2 x 2.3 inches, and they weigh 8-oz
If you are shopping for affordable binoculars that are suitable for star gazing and sky watching, then the Celestron 71008 SkyMaster 25×70 could be the best option you will find on the market for under $100.
- They offer a stunning 25x magnification
- The large-sized 70mm objective lens provides maximum brightness even in low light and long-range conditions
- Multi-coated optics and BaK-4 Porto prism for sharp contrast and clear views
- A protective and slip-proof rubber coating
- The pupil distance IPD max is 2.83 inches
- Ultra-sharp focus across a linear field of view at 1000 yards of 141 feet
- A 2.7-degree field of view
- Eye relief of 0.51 inches, and an exit pupil of 0.11 inches
- The long eye relief is good news for people who wear glasses
- They are water-resistant
- They can be used with a tripod
- An excellent choice for both terrestrial and sky viewing
- The dimensions are 11 x 14 x 6 inches, and they weigh 3.25 lbs.
- More portable and easier to use than telescopes which makes them a superb option for astronomy and stargazing
- They cost less than $100
This pair of high powered binoculars by Wingspan Optic is among the best options available for bird watching for under $100.
- They offer 10x magnification and have 42mm lenses
- They are waterproof and fog proof so that they can be used in all kind of weather conditions
- The binoculars also have an anti-slip exterior grip and are drop proof
- The lenses are multi-coated for cleaner and brighter bird viewing
- A wild field of view of 283 feet @ 1000 yards
- They have a premium BaK4 prism for better contrast and more precise image
- The minimal focal length is 3m
- The package includes a mesh carry case, a neck strap, covers for eyepiece protection, microfiber cleaning cloth for the lens
- The size of the binoculars is 3.5 x 8 x 1.75 inches, and they weigh 1.75 lbs.
This affordable pair of binoculars by Bushnell comes in two versions, which you can buy for under $100 – the 8×42 and the 10Extra50, so you have an option to choose the best ones for your needs and your budget.
- They are 100% waterproof and fog proof
- The rubber coating offers a secure grip and also shock absorption
- They offer long and good eye relief
- An easy to access and set center focus
- Twist-up eyecups
- The cheaper 8x model has 42mm lenses
- The more expensive one has a magnification of 10x and 50mm lenses for stunning and clear detail
- Made of 100% tested quality materials
- Both variants offer a wide-angle and use a Porro prism with Bak-4 prisms and multi-coated optics
- The binoculars come with a carry case, a neck strap, and protective lens covers
- Suitable for bird watching, sports events, wildlife viewing and for all outdoor activities
- The 10×50 version is 9 x 7.5 x 3.75 inches and weighs 2.31 lbs.
- The 8×42 version is 8 x 6.25 x 3.12 inches and weighs 2.4 lbs.
- They are tripod adaptable
- The fold-down eyecups are perfect for protecting your eyeglasses or sunglasses
- They come with a lifetime warranty
These affordable and lightweight binoculars are a budget-friendly option for outdoor activities like bird watching, hiking, and others. They are entirely waterproof so you can use them during all seasons and in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Fitted with premium quality optics providing sharp and clear image quality
- 100% tested high-quality materials are used for their making
- A durable design
- 100% waterproof and with a sealed O ring filed with nitrogen to protect the lens from fog too
- It has BaK 4 prisms and multi-coated optics for better light transmission and crystal clear viewing
- The rubber armor provides a secure grip and protects the binoculars from breaking as a result of accidental drops
- 8x magnification and 42mm objective diameter
- 17mm eye relief
- 12 foot at close distance
- An easy to use large center focus knob
- They come with a neck strap, lens covers and a carrying case with a belt loop
- They can be used with eyeglasses or without them
- Their dimensions are 7 x 6 x 3 inches, and they weigh 1.56 lbs.
- Sold with a limited lifetime warranty
With a roof prism and a sleek design, the Celestron Outland Binoculars are among the slimmest and easiest to carry around within this range.
- They have fully multi-coated optics for a crisp, clear view
- The binoculars are waterproof and fog proof
- Their eyecups are easy to adjust via the twist-up design
- The binoculars have protective and easy to grip coating
- They offer 10x magnification and a 42mm roof prism
- Field of view @1000 yards is 294 feet
- Bak4 prism material
- 14mm eye relief
- 6 degree field of view
- The bundle includes a moisture-wicking neoprene carrying case, a neck strap, eyepiece rain guard, lens caps, and a lens cleaning cloth
- A size of 7 x 3 x 8 inches, and a weight of 2 lbs.
Thanks to their wide-angle and their flexible Porro prism design, the Vortex Optics Raptor binoculars are comfortable for use by people with faces of all shapes, widths, and sizes, so adults and children alike can use them.
- 5x magnification and 32mm objective lenses
- Can be flexed and will provide comfortable viewing for people with all types of facial structures and shapes so that the entire family can use them
- Great for people with narrow pupils
- Fully multi-coated lenses for a crisp, clear and bright view
- The eyecups can twist up so that the eye relief is customized and at the same time the right eye diopter helps accustom the focus for the differences in the eyes
- You can use them with or without eyeglasses or sunglasses
- Covered with rubber armor for shock protection and a comfortable and safe grip
- Nitrogen purging protects the binoculars from fogging and from water
- A wide field of view of 7.4 degrees, 390 feet at 1000 yards
- A close focus of 15 feet
- Perfect view even in low light conditions
- The size of the binoculars is 5.9 x 3.5 x 4.5 inches, and they weigh 1.08 lbs.
- They cost just below $100
What to look for when shopping for binoculars
Hopefully, these overviews of the top picks for the best binoculars under $100 have helped you find the most suitable pair for your needs.
If you are a newbie in the field, you may want to check out this brief guide about the features to look for when buying binoculars.
Naturally, the optics are the most vital feature in a pair of binoculars. Usually, the highest quality optics are quite expensive, but as you can see from our list, you can still get a pretty good deal, if you know what to look for.
You may have noticed that all the descriptions and overviews of the binoculars have numeric values like 10×42 in them. These numbers describe the optical performance of the unit.
The 10x means the binoculars have a magnification of 10 times, and the second number is the diameter of the lenses, which in this case, means 42 millimeters.
The bigger the lenses, the more light they will let in. This means that you will be able to view brighter images even at dusk or dawn and in other low light conditions.
Bigger lenses also help create a wilder field of view.
The higher-end binoculars which are out of the budget range of $100 have Extra-low Diffraction lenses, but the ones on our list also offer crisp clear, precise and sharp images.
Housing and coating material
The housing is critical for protecting the delicate optical systems inside. Since binoculars are usually used outdoors and on the go, it is essential to pick a pair with durable and rugged housing.
Most of the ones on our list have special rubber protective coating, which will help absorb the shock if they happen to fall. This rubber coating is also a good idea because it provides a more secure and slip-free grip for added safety.
In higher-end models, you may find binoculars with sturdy metal textured housing, but these are much more expensive, and they weigh more than the plastic rubberized ones.
Water and fog proof
Many of the binoculars that we have chosen for you are waterproof and fog proof, which is another feature to look for, especially if you plan to use them in the rainy and snowy seasons, and in wet conditions.
Protecting them from water and fog will allow you to get a clear view of your target or event you are viewing without the lenses getting all fogged up and impossible to see through.
It is also a plus when the binoculars come with a good protective case, a neck strap, protective covers for the lenses, a cleaning cloth, and other useful accessories.
Having these included in the package will save you money and effort from having to buy them separately.
A neck strap is essential if you don’t want to be carrying the binoculars in your hands all day long when out bird watching or on an outdoor adventure.
The lens caps and carry case are also crucial to keep the binoculars protected when you are not using them.
Some of the binoculars on our list also come with rain covers, as well as adaptors for phones and tripods.
As you can see, you can buy a perfectly good quality pair of binoculars for a price of under $100.
Always choose the ones that will suit your needs. Some of them are more suitable for watching the sky and stars, and others are better for focusing and viewing fast-moving events and objects.
Some are waterproof and are for outdoor use in adverse weather conditions, and others may be more suitable for watching indoor events like theaters, sports, and others.
Whichever one of these top-rated budget-friendly binoculars you choose, you will be making the right choice because they are all of superb quality for their range and are the top options given the prices asked for them at the moment.
So, good luck with your choice and enjoy your new, affordable binoculars!
Last update on 2020-01-26 at 22:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API