If you have tried to shave or trim your bikini line with the inappropriate shaving or cutting tools, you probably know how unpleasant the consequences can be.
Using the wrong type of shaving and trimming tool for the bikini line and area can lead to cuts, nicks, razor burn irritation, ingrown hair, and many other negative side effects.
This is why, investing in a good quality bikini line trimmer like the Braun Silk-epil 9 will allow you to shape and groom your pubic area much faster, easier, safer and better.
The shaving tools, razors, and trimmers designed specifically for the bikini line are made especially for easy use, reach and for safe shaving and hair cutting in this delicate and hard to reach area.
We have selected the top best bikini trimmers and shaving tools for 2019 for you.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about these essential grooming tools for delicate areas.
The best bikini trimmer for 2019 is a versatile lady’s hair removal and grooming tool. The kit includes the Silk-epil 9 wet and dry epilator, a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a skin contact cap, a facial cap, a facial cleansing brush, a charging stand, a cleaning brush, a smart plug, and a pouch.
All of this comes at a very reasonable price.
The epilator has a head that covers a body area of 40% more than the other epilators by Braun. This means that you can clear your body from unwanted hair much faster and easier.
It features a special MicroGrip tweezer technology which will allow you to remove even the finest and shortest hairs in one stroke. You won’t have to wait for your hair to grow enough in order to epilate it with this innovative tool.
Once you are done with the epilation you can easily transform the device into an efficient and safe shaver. Thanks to the useful trimmer cap, you can delicately trim your bikini area, without leaving the skin all bumpy and irritated.
The added high-frequency massage cap provides pulsating active vibrations which will make the hair removal process pain free and much more pleasant.
The pivoting head allows for easy maneuvering and gliding through all curves of the body seamlessly.
The best news is that you can use it even when you are in the shower.
The added facial cleaning brush by Braun helps exfoliate the skin gently and remove any impurities from the pores safely. It too can be used while you are showering, and will allow you to clean any leftover makeup much easier than manually washing your face.
The useful tool also has a bright smart light so you can see all of the finest hairs, and remove them without missing a single one.
The battery charges for about an hour and allows for 40 minutes of cordless use, giving you enough time to groom your legs, arms, armpits and bikini line.
It has 2-speed settings, one for gentle epilation and the second one for fast and efficient epilation. You can use the facial epilation cap so that you can remove the unwanted hairs from your delicate facial areas like the upper lip, chin, and sideburns.
After you are done with the epilation, shaving or trimming, you can easily rinse off and clean the epilator, because it is 100% waterproof.
Overall, at the price it is being sold, this multifunctional hair removal device by Braun is the best option if you want a gentle and yet efficient bikini trimmer, epilator, shaver and exfoliator and massager in one.
The runner up is an even less expensive wet and dry epilation, shaving and trimming kit by Braun.
The Silk-epil 7 provides a very gentle epilating, trimming and shaving experience which will leave you with perfectly smooth skin, without red bumps, irritations or stubble.
This kit costs less than $90 and contains the Braun Silk-epil 7 epilator, a very useful bikini trimmer, and styler, a shaver head, a trimmer cap, an efficiency cap, a sensitive area cap, a facial cap, a Lithium-ion battery, smart plug, cleaning brush, and a pouch.
The epilator and shaver as well as the comfortable to hold and use bikini trimmer are cordless and can be used on dry skin or while you are in the shower.
The run time of the epilator is 40 minutes per charge, so you can easily epilate or shave all unwanted hairs from your body in one session.
The epilator features the Braun micro-grip technology which removes the hair from the roots and will leave your skin smooth and hairless for longer.
The pivoting head easily adapts to all of the curves of your body and will allow you to epilate or shave each hair efficiently no matter where it is.
It also features a SoftLift Tips technology which lifts all hairs which are flat on the skin in order to remove them in one pass.
The Silk-epil bikini styler is light and comfortable to hold. With this convenient bikini trimmer, you can make sure that you have removed all unwanted hairs from your delicate area without damaging the skin and without leaving unsightly bumps and stubble.
This epilator and shaver has a high-frequency massaging system to make the hair removal process less painful.
It also features a smart light which will help you spot any hidden hairs during the grooming process.
The device has a delicate and an efficient speed setting, which you can easily adjust during the hair removal session.
You can easily turn the epilator into a shaver by simply replacing the epilator head with the shaver head. When shaving more delicate areas, you can use the trimmer cap to trim the hair. There is also a precision cap that will allow you to remove the unwanted hairs from the bikini, or underarm areas.
The facial cap and the efficiency cap are designed to help you remove any hairs from your face, as well as ensure maximum skin contact.
The device is 100% waterproof and can be washed very easily after use under running water.
It is sold with a 2-year warranty, and will provide you with all the hair removal and grooming tools you need to make sure your body and face are perfectly hair-free and smooth.
Best budget-friendly option
The best budget-friendly option for a bikini trimmer for 2019 costs under $13 and is designed and made especially for hair removal at the bikini area.
With the Schick Hydro Silk Trimstyle razor and the bikini trimmer, you can ensure that your delicate zone is perfectly groomed without any nasty red bumps, ingrown hairs, and irritation.
This inexpensive hair removal device is a very useful tool – with a disposable razor on one end and an electrical trimmer on the other. So, in fact, it is a 2-in-1 bikini trimmer tool.
The versatile bikini trimmer and razor comes with an AAA battery and is 100% waterproof, so you can safely use it in the shower.
The razor has five blades and a wide and pivoting head, so you can easily shave off any unwanted hair with a single swipe. There will be no need to shave the area more than once, which means less irritation to the skin.
Thanks to its pivoting head, you can use the razor to shave any body parts easily and safely as it will follow your curves and shave every single hair on the way.
Once in contact with water, the shaving head releases a moisturizing serum made of Shea butter, which is soothing and hypoallergenic. This will protect your skin from irritation after the shaving and will leave it moisturized and smooth for about two hours after shaving.
When you use the electric bikini trimmer you have the option to adjust the trimmer head in one of four positions, so you can leave as much hair in the bikini area as you prefer.
You can also remove the trimmer guard, and thus trim the hairs in the bikini area as close to the skin as possible.
If you want a close shave, you just need to turn the tool around and finish the job off with the razor.
Thanks to its light weight and cordless operation, this affordable bikini trimmer and razor is perfect for traveling as well as for touch-ups wherever you are.
The size of this tool is only 0.6 x 3.5 x 8 inches, and it weighs 3.04-oz.
So, if you are looking for a grooming tool which will be used specifically for the bikini area, but don’t want to break the bank, the Schick Hydro Silk Trimstyle razor and bikini trimmer is the best option available on the market in 2019.
The rest of the best
This is a versatile bikini trimmer and an all-body shaver in one. It is designed to follow the curves of your body and allow you to shave any part of the body, including the delicate and hard to reach armpits and bikini areas.
- It is sold at a very reasonable price
- The Panasonic Close Curves pivoting head follows the contours of the body, so you can remove any single hair from anywhere
- The shaving head has four sharp blades made of hypoallergenic stainless steel which float independently for maximum reach and safe shaving
- It has a built-in pop-up trimmer and attachment so you can groom your bikini area at the hair length and shape you desire
- The electric shaver and trimmer can be used on dry or wet skin
- The device is cordless and can run for up to 30 minutes per charge
- It is waterproof and is completely submergible, so you can take it in the shower or bath with you for added convenience
- You can easily wash it under running water after use
- The tool is slim, comfortable to hold and suitable for traveling
- It also operates quietly
- Its dimensions are 2 x 2 x 6.3 inches, and it weighs 5.8-oz
- The tool is sold with a 2-year limited warranty
If you are looking for more than just a bikini trimmer and shaver, then you may want to opt for the versatile and premium quality Philips Satinelle Prestige 4-in-1 hair removal kit with 9 different attachments.
- The kit includes a Prestige epilator, a shaving head, a trimming comb, a delicate area cap, a skin stretcher cap, a body massager, a massage cap, a body exfoliation brush, a cleaning brush, and a pouch
- It is suitable for both wet and dry use
- The tool is completely cordless
- It has an opti-light so you can see all hairs at all times
- The Prestige epilator has a head made of textured ceramic discs which gently and yet efficiently remove all hairs – even the fine or short ones
- The epilator can be used on the entire body and face safely
- It has two speed setting – one for gentle and the other for faster epilation
- The epilator head is 30mm wide, so you can remove more hairs with a single pass
- With the trimmer head, you can trim the hairs on your bikini area down to 3-4mm
- The tool’s handle is ergonomic and features a multiple-award-winning design
- The cordless tool is rechargeable and has a runtime of up to 40 minutes
- The lithium-ion battery is charged for 90 minutes, and there is a battery indicator light to keep you informed when you are running out of power
- After you are done with the hair removal you can pamper your skin with the dedicated massager and massage cap
If all you need is a simple bikini trimmer without any bells and whistles, then you should check out the Panasonic Bikini Shaper and Trimmer ES246AC.
- This is an inexpensive shaper and trimmer specifically designed and made for the bikini area
- It has safe hypoallergenic razor blades for gentle shaving, trimming and shaping the bikini area
- The trim head can be adjusted in 5 positions depending on the length of the hair you want to leave on your intimate zone
- The trimmer head is waterproof
- Thanks to its angled head, you can reach all of the unwanted hairs in hard to reach places
- It is light and portable, as well as cordless
- The affordable electric trimmer works with two AA sized batteries and has a runtime of about 45 minutes
- The tool comes with a cleaning brush and is easy to keep clean and sanitary
- The size of the trimmer is 5.5 x 1.4 x 0.8 inches, and it weighs 4.2-oz
The Gillette Venus Platinum is an affordable alternative to the electric bikini trimmers and shavers and is gentle on the skin even in the most delicate areas.
- The premium handle is made of solid metal and is durable and specially molded to fit your hand comfortably
- It comes with 2 razor cartridges
- The razor has 5 diamond-like blades which are safe and glide smoothly over the curves of your body and your skin
- It has a water-activated ribbon around the blades which moisturizes the skin as you shave and prevents cuts and nicks
- It has a pivoting head for easy and efficient shaving of hard to reach areas
- The razor is designed especially for women and is suitable for use on the entire body, including the bikini area and bikini line
- You can use any of the other available Venus refills with this handle
- Its size is 2.2 x 3.5 x 7.9 inches and it weighs 2.4-oz
- The razor is inexpensive and a much more affordable option that the electric shavers
This multifunctional bikini trimmer can easily be used on all other body areas as well as on the face thanks to its multiple attachments, which make it one of the most versatile grooming tools for women on the market.
- The grooming kit includes a comfortable handle, five attachments a touch-up razor and a bag
- The Shick Hydro Silk Perfect trimmer is sold at a very reasonable price
- You can expertly shave and shape your bikini line and zone both out and in the shower with this waterproof tool
- It has attachments designed for eyebrow shaping, body face trimming, and bikini trimming and shaping
- The attachments which come with the handle are a face trimmer, a body and bikini trimmer, a bikini comb, an eyebrow comb, and a cleaning brush
- You can use the bikini trimmer to shape the bikini line and trim the hair, and the bikini comb to trim the hair in the entire bikini zone
- You can shape your eyebrows in a matter of minutes with the nifty eyebrow comb and trimmer
- This is one of the most versatile trimmers for ladies on the market
- It is gentle on the skin and doesn’t leave red bumps or ingrown hairs
This superb grooming set by Braun features the first smart epilator as well as a face and bikini trimmer and multiple useful attachments suitable for all body and facial areas.
- The Smart epilator has a pressure sensor which allows for efficient epilation of more hair with a single pass
- It has a wide epilation head which can remove hairs for up to 4 weeks
- It is a cordless hair removal tool which is 100% waterproof and can be used on dry or wet skin and in the shower
- It has a high-frequency massage system with soothing vibrations for gentle and painless epilation
- The epilator features the MicroGrip tweezer technology by Braun which can remove short hair which even waxing cannot catch
- The pivoting head will allow you to easily and smoothly glide the epilator along the curves of your body
- It comes with various useful attachments, including a shaver head, a trimmer cap, a skin contact cap, a facial cap, and the Silk-epil 3 in 1 trimmer, a cleaning brush, and pouch
- The 3-in-1 Silk-epil body trimmer is very convenient for shaping the bikini line, and shaping the eyebrows or removing unsightly hairs from the face or neck or other parts of the body
- The smart light on the tool will allow you to see each and every hidden hair as you go
- It has 2-speed settings – gentle and normal
- The battery charges for 60 minutes and has a runtime of up to 50 minutes
- The tool is easy to wash with running water
If you prefer a more classic variant to keep your bikini line shaped perfectly, you can try out the Muhle R89 Closed comb safety razor. Just remember to practice using it with the suitable shaving cream, soap or gel, especially when using it on delicate zones.
- A beautiful classic and timeless design
- The razor is sustainable, and all you need is to buy extra double edge blades which cost much less than disposable razors
- The ergonomic design makes the use of this razor very easy and comfortable even for the bikini line
- Made of premium quality metal, with chrome plating and an engraved finish for a better grip even in the shower
- You can get the closest shave with this beautiful razor
- Your skin will be smooth and bump-free after shaving
- It weighs 2.24-oz
- Made in Germany
Tips for shaving your bikini line
If you have been reading this guide, you are probably already trimming, shaving or otherwise shaping your bikini line and pubic area.
Still, it is a good idea to check out the most important steps for shaving your pubic hair, as well as some common mistakes which can lead to skin irritation, razor burn, ingrown hairs and cuts in this delicate area.
Here are the essential steps for properly shaving your bikini line:
Choose the right bikini line trimmer or other shaving tools
You should trim longer pubic hair before shaving it. Invest in a good quality bikini line trimmer like one of the above-mentioned ones. These tools are designed to easily and safely trim the hair to a preferred length. They are safer than using scissors and will make shaping the bikini line much easier.
After you are done with the trimming, choose the best razor to finish up the job.
Always use a sharp razor blade
It may sound counter-intuitive, but the fact is, the sharper the blade of the razor – the safer it is to use.
You should use a sharp razor blade, especially when shaving delicate areas like the bikini line, armpits or others.
A dull razor blade can pull the hairs instead of removing them and can be rough on the skin, causing irritation and itching.
If you feel much itchier than usual after grooming your bikini area, it is probably a sign that you need to replace the razor blade you are using.
If you use a disposable razor blade or one with replaceable cartridges, you may want to replace them after every 5th to 10th shave.
Hydrate and soak the skin in your pubic area before shaving
Make sure you hydrate your skin in the bikini area for at least five minutes prior to shaving. This will help hydrate the hairs, soften the follicles, and they will become easier to cut.
The good news is, that all of the trimmers and shavers and razors we have picked for you are waterproof and can be used in the shower, so you can hydrate your skin and hair easily and thoroughly before the grooming.
Gently exfoliate the skin
When you have hydrated the area, you may want to try exfoliating the skin on and around the pubic area. You can use a gentle scrub or loofa to scrub the skin and thus remove any dead skin cells and hairs.
This will help reduce the irritation of the skin after shaving it. It can also help prevent ingrown hairs.
Always use shaving gel, cream or another lubricant
Using an appropriate lubricant when shaving is very important. This is especially true for shaving more delicate and sensitive skin like that around the pubic area.
The shaving cream or gel will help the blades of the shaver or razor to glide easily on the skin, and thus minimize the risk of razor burn or skin irritation, as well as nicks and cuts.
If the shaving cream or other lather gets washed off during the process, remember to reapply it again before continuing with the grooming.
Use steady but light strokes when shaving
When shaving your bikini line and area, use steady but light strokes in the direction of the growth of the hair. Do not press the razor or shaver too hard. As long as the blade is sharp, the shaving tool should be doing most of the hard work, and not you.
Be careful when shaving against the grain
In case you can achieve a close shave when shaving in the direction of the hair growth, you may try applying more lubricant and carefully shaving in the opposite direction.
Due to the fact that the skin is so delicate in the bikini area, you should use as few strokes when shaving against the grain as possible.
Rinse off both yourself and the shaving tool
After you are done with the shaving and shaping of your bikini line, you should rinse the area off, preferably with cool water. You can also use a cold damp cloth and press it on the skin for a couple of minutes too. After that, you should gently pat the skin dry with a soft towel.
Remember to always thoroughly rinse your razor, trimmer or shaver after you are done, and then let it dry.
Moisturize the area
Once you have dried off the shaved area, apply alcohol-free oil on both sides of the bikini area or on the whole area which you have shaved. Using moisturizing lotion or oil can help prevent itchiness and irritation, and will help moisturize the skin after the intervention.
Some common mistakes to avoid when shaving your pubic area
Some of the common problems which women have with bikini line trimming and shaving include ending up with unsightly ingrown hairs, red bumps, and irritated skin.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when shaving your bikini line which will help prevent these unpleasant side effects:
Don’t rush into shaving the second you get in the shower.
As mentioned above, it is important to hydrate the pubic area’s skin and hair before proceeding with the grooming. Instead, leave the shaving for last, so that you get the change to soften the hair follicles. Proper hydrating will allow for easier shaving and will reduce irritation.
For an even closer shave, gently exfoliate the skin in the area and around it before proceeding with the bikini line shaping.
Don’t use shower gel instead of shaving gel or cream
Shaving cream or gel is made especially to provide the necessary lubrication allowing for smooth and safe shaving. So, don’t be tempted to shave using your shower gel or soap instead.
Use a shaving cream which is fragrance-free, and let it sit on the area for a minute or two to allow it to soften the hair.
With the appropriate shaving cream and a sharp razor blade or shaver, shaving will be smooth, safe and efficient.
Don’t use a dull razor blade
Using a dull razor blade will not only make the job of properly shaving and shaping your bikini line difficult or even impossible but will also cause razor burn, hair pulling, and irritation.
Don’t forget to trim longer hair before shaving it
Use a trimmer to cut longer pubic hair before proceeding to shave it. This will save time for shaving and will also prevent skin irritation afterward.
Never dry shave
Let’s admit it – we have always been there – having to shave quickly to get ready for an impromptu beach party or date. But even if you are in a hurry, remember to follow the abovementioned steps for proper bikini line shaping.
If you don’t have the time for a shower, then make sure you use a hot washcloth to soften the hair and skin, and then apply enough shaving cream before proceeding with the shaving.
This will help you avoid getting those ugly and irritating red bumps in the delicate area.
Don’t cut in the wrong direction
When shaving your bikini area, or any area of your body, always shave in the direction of the hair growth. Avoid shaving formal directions in order to prevent painful ingrown hairs, nicks, and irritation. If you need to go against the growth for a closer shave – do it after you have shaved in the proper direction first.
Don’t use your body lotion for moisturizing the shaved area
Chances are, your regular body lotion has a heavy fragrance. If this is the case, then using it on freshly shaved skin can lead to unpleasant irritation.
Buy a lotion which is made especially for this instead, and stay away from using after-shave for men because they are completely different cosmetic products with a completely different purpose.
Choose a mild and natural lotion or moisturizers like coconut butter, oil or aloe vera to soothe the shaved area instead.
Don’t put on tight nylon or lace underwear
If you have the option, do not put on lace or nylon underwear directly after shaving. Instead opt for cotton underwear which does not have too tight elastic bands around the legs. This will allow the shaved skin to breathe and recover from the shaving and will help prevent ingrown hairs too.
Last update on 2019-12-12 at 23:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API