In today’s times, vacuuming your home every week is imperative. There are so many allergens and pollutants floating in the air, your home needs to be cleaned out of all the potential things that could make you sick. A bagged vacuum cleaner is a convenient machine to use as you do not need to worry about changing out the bags for a long time. A bag with a large capacity will last you months before you need to think about changing it or emptying it. The following are detailed product reviews and buying guide for the best bagged vacuums in the market.
Quick List: Best Bagged Vacuums
Let’s begin with a glance at what is being covered below:
- Best Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner: Hoover T-Series Windtunnel Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum UH30300, Blue
- Bagged Vacuum with Best Accessories: Severin Germany Vacuum Cleaner, Corded (Platinum Grey)
- Best Bagged Vacuum for Soft Surfaces: Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Vacuum for Arthritis: Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 Commercial 8-Pound Upright Vacuum with Endurolife with 6 Oreck Bags
- Most Versatile Bagged Vacuum Cleaner: Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum, Lotus White
Best Upright Bagged Vacuum Cleaner:
The Hoover T-Series WindTunnel is one of the best bagged vacuum cleaners in the upright vacuum cleaner category. It can lift and remove surface debris with ease even if it is embedded deep within. The bag can be accessed easily and can be cleaned out without any trouble. The following are some of the features the bagged vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The upright vacuum cleaner boasts of WindTunnel technology which is able to lift debris from deep within a surface.
- This cord has a 30-feet reach and can extend between rooms.
- The bag can be released directly into the trash with the click of one button.
- The bag is made with HEPA media filters and is able to capture 99.97 percent of dust and pollen larger than 0.3 microns.
- The vacuum is upright and does not require too much effort to clean with.
- You can clean out the bag with the touch of a button and never have to be in contact with the dirty bag.
- The one-touch bag door release makes it easy to access the bag.
- The HEPA media filter makes it a safe vacuum to use for those who are prone to allergies.
- There is no auto cord rewind feature.
- The vacuum can be a bit heavy to carry around.
Bagged Vacuum with Best Accessories:
The Severin Germany Vacuum Cleaner is a corded, bagged vacuum cleaner that can clean hard floors and carpets with effortless ease. It includes a variety of accessories that make the cleaning process a lot simpler and efficient. The vacuum cleaner also has a filtration system that makes it an extremely safe one to use, especially in a house with children and pets. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner has a Premium-Eco floor nozzle with rollers which is completely switchable.
- There is also an extra-large parquet nozzle and an Ergo-Soft extra-large handle for ease of use. The handle has a click connector for convenience.
- There is a three-part accessory set for cleaning upholstery, furniture and crevices.
- It has a motor protection filter that is made with hygienic fleece.
- There are two microfiber dust bags that can be locked securely.
- The three-part accessory set allows the vacuum cleaner to clean every surface possible in your home.
- The motor protection system makes it an extremely safe cleaner to use.
- The functional tools make it an extremely versatile vacuum cleaner to use.
- The dust bags are hygienic and lock the allergens in.
- It does not work as well on carpets as advertised.
- The vacuum cleaner is rather heavy.
Best Bagged Vacuum for Soft Surfaces:
The Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner is ideal for cleaning soft surfaces. It has an adjustable vent system that makes it powerful for cleaning soft surfaces but is not harsh. It has special brushes that make it the ideal bagged vacuum cleaner to clean soft surfaces and carpets with. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner has an adjustable vent system that makes it easy to maneuver on soft carpets.
- It has a brush with a set of special soft, nylon bristles that give soft carpets a thorough clean without damaging the fabric.
- It has large front wheels that make the vacuum cleaner easy to move around.
- It makes 200 sonic vibrations per second that are able to loosen dust particles that are embedded deep within the carpet.
- It offers a direct-air Paramagnetic motor design that is great for creating an efficient suction.
- The special nylon bristle brushes allow the vacuum cleaner to give any soft surface a thorough clean without being harsh.
- The 200 sonic vibrations per second allow the dust particles to emerge to the surface so it can be cleaned out without damaging the soft carpet fabric.
- The adjustable vent system, along with the large wheels in the front is a big plus for the machine’s maneuverability.
- The bagged vacuum cleaner also has HEPA filtration.
- The vacuum cleaner is steeply priced for a product that does not come with attachments.
- The vacuum cleaner is quite loud when used on the floor.
Best Vacuum for Arthritis:
The Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 is a commercial eight-pound upright vacuum cleaner that is ideal for someone who suffers from arthritis. The vacuum cleaner is not too heavy and is easy to use for someone who has arthritic pain. It is an efficient vacuum cleaner that is easy to handle and carry. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner offers multi-floor cleaning options with its Microsweep technology.
- The vacuum has an Endurolife permanent belt which has a five-year warranty.
- The design is low profile with a disposable bag that can be installed from the top.
- The roller brush is high speed and has side edges.
- The vacuum cleaner has a 40-feet quick change cord.
- The vacuum cleaner has been commended by the Arthritis Foundation for how easy it is to use.
- The handle practically eliminates the need to twist your wrist or apply any pressure while cleaning.
- The top-fill mechanism makes it easy to access the bags and clean them out.
- It comes with six XL Oreck bags.
- The vacuum cleaner is not as effective for cleaning carpets.
- The vacuum cleaner is not very durable, some customers have reported.
Most Versatile Bagged Vacuum Cleaner:
The Miele Pure Suction Canister Vacuum is one of the most versatile bagged vacuum cleaners in the market. It has a turbo brush which can remove even the most stubborn particles of dust. The working height is adjustable and you can also operate the vacuum cleaner on variable speeds. It has a large dust bag and an air clean filter that makes it a perfectly safe vacuum cleaner to use for those prone to allergies. The following are some of the features the vacuum cleaner has to offer:
- The vacuum cleaner has six variable speeds for different stages of cleaning.
- It has swivel wheels that turn 360-degrees and can be maneuvered with ease.
- The vacuum cleaner has a rug and floor combination nozzle and has an adjustable working height.
- It has an air clean filter that manages to capture the minutest dust particles and pollen.
- It comes with a stainless steel telescopic suction wand.
- The air clean sealed system is able to remove both fine hair and thick lint with its turbo brush.
- The six variable speeds it offers makes it a highly versatile vacuum cleaner.
- The nozzle is great for cleaning hard floors as well as a soft rug or carpet.
- The adjustable working height of the vacuum cleaner makes it extremely convenient to use.
- The unit is a tad heavy to carry around.
- It requires the user to bend to access the controls.
Things to Consider before Buying
There are a few different things you may need to consider when buying a bagged vacuum cleaner. The following are some of the factors that would make your purchase a worthy one:
The weight of a vacuum cleaner is very important. Since you are looking at bagged vacuum cleaners, they tend to be heavier than the bagless ones. But that does not mean you need to break your back carrying the vacuum cleaner around. A light to moderately heavy vacuum cleaner is what you should look for.
The power cord should be at least 30 feet long so you can clean a larger area with ease, without needing to find a new power outlet that is closer by. A 30 feet cord will allow you to clean at least two rooms at once without any interruptions. Having said that, if the power cord also has an auto cord rewind feature it becomes easier to manage the length of the cord. The bottom line, however, is that a decently long power cord is a must for a bagged vacuum cleaner.
If you are considering a bagged vacuum cleaner, it is important that the vacuum cleaner also has anti-allergen filters. All allergens and dust will be collected into the bag so there needs to be some kind of assurance that the dust has been filtered out and safely secured into the bag. When you open the vacuum cleaner to empty the bag out, you should not be vulnerable to inhaling the allergens. The filtration system is of the utmost importance in any vacuum cleaner, but especially so in a bagged vacuum cleaner.
When it comes to a bagged vacuum cleaner, there are a few questions that come up. The following are some of the frequently asked questions about bagged vacuum cleaners:
How Can the Bag Be Changed?
Changing the bag in a vacuum cleaner is quite straightforward. You need to open the chamber of the cleaner where the bag is stored. Determine if the bag is full and then empty it out if it is time for a cleaning. If the bag in the vacuum cleaner is reusable, empty out only the contents of the bag, give the bag chamber a clean and then place the bag back into the vacuum cleaner.
Will This Be Noisier Than a Bagless Vacuum?
There is no staple answer for this question. Depending on the model of vacuum cleaner you are using, it may or may not be noisier. But typically, bagless vacuum cleaners end up making way more noise than bagged vacuum cleaners.
How Can the Belt Be Replaced?
The belt of the vacuum cleaner can be replaced very easily, provided the replacement belt you bring is compatible with your vacuum cleaner. You simply need to remove the bottom plate of your vacuum cleaner, remove the old belt and install the new one. Make sure that it is a perfect fit or else the vacuum cleaner will remain wobbly.
All the vacuum cleaners that have been reviewed above have been placed in appropriate categories so you can get accurate information of what each vacuum cleaner is good for. While one may be good for cleaner softer carpets, another may be ideal for giving a hard floor a good scrub and clean. Each of the cleaners has something unique to offer and you are sure to find something of value among the vacuum cleaners that have been reviewed above. Keep it clean, folks!
Last update on 2020-07-05 at 23:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API