With the advent of technology, one of the industries that evolved the most rapidly is music. In the past few decades, huge record players to CDs to iPods to advanced versions of music equipment, the music industry has grown faster than anything else. However, for music aficionados, the charm that the old-world instruments like turntables held, has not been replaced by any modern instruments. This is the reason why so many people have hoarded vinyl records since years in the hope that the record players will make a comeback.
Well, they have, and how! To cater to the demands of this niche but significant community, equipment manufacturers have launched all-new record players that encompass the charm and the elegance of the traditional record players but have also blended the convenience of modern technology to make life easier for the users and keep up with the trends of the 21st century. Audio manufacturers have released some amazing record players that deliver on both fronts.
However, it can be overwhelming in today’s age to buy a solid record player that retains the quality and appeal of a conventional turntable and yet lets you make little efforts in operating it. Especially for someone who has never dealt with record players before but is a music fanatic, it will certainly be a confusing call to buy a record player. Therefore, to make it easier for all you music lovers, old school and new, we have articulated a well-researched list of the best all-in-one record players by the best brands available in the market right now along with a buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
Top 5 All-in-One Record Players
All-in-one record players serve as a complete entertainment unit. You can use them as a stereo, as a turntable, as a CD player, and even download music from them to your computer through a USB port. The best record players today hold the capability to turn into any music device you wish and can even connect to external speakers and other devices using Bluetooth to make it even more convenient.
Keeping these features in mind, let’s take a look at the best all-in-record players in the industry right now.
- Best Portable All-in-One Record Player — 1byone Suitcase Style Turntable with Speaker. This is a belt-driven record player that is wireless and comes with RCA output which means you can connect it with external speakers. It is also equipped with AUX input. It looks very elegant with a leather case packing.
- Best Budget All-in-One Record Player — Musitrend Turntable Portable Suitcase Record Player. With a portable design, this is one of the best budget picks if you are looking for a turntable that doesn’t break the bank. It converts your vinyl record into MP3 format so that you can listen to them on your computer. It comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Best Wireless All-in-One Record Player — Audio-Technica AT-LP60XBT-WH Fully Automatic Bluetooth Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable. A product of one of the leading names in the audio devices category, this record player comes with high-fidelity audio equipped with a solid Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Best Retro All-in-One Record Player — Victrola 50’s Retro 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable with Stereo. This is the best all-in-one record player that comes with a beautiful retro appearance. It can function as a stereo as well as a CD player, along with streaming music wirelessly through Bluetooth.
- Best Bluetooth All-in-One Record Player — Crosley CR704D-PA Musician 3-Speed Turntable with Radio. This is the best all-in-one record player that has built in Bluetooth through which you can stream music to external speakers easily. It has its stereo speakers as well and can play records of all three speeds.
Best Portable All-in-One Record Player
If you move around a lot and need a record player that moves around with you without the risk of breaking and being an inconvenience, this model by 1byone is the perfect fit for you. This is very easily portable and is designed to travel the world with you. It comes in a suitcase, you read that right — the record player is fit inside the case that you can close and simply take with you wherever you go. Yes, it’s that easy. It is equipped with RCA output, AUX input and wireless Bluetooth capability. It can play all types of records with the capacity to play three speeds. It can also convert the audio from your records to MP3 so that you can play the tracks later on your computer or phone.
- Can play 33, 45 and 78 rpm records
- Has a built-in stereo
- Transforms audio from vinyl into MP3
- Equipped with RCA output and AUX-in
- Comes in a suitcase that can be latched
- Easily plays all types of records
- Can connect with external speakers
- The suitcase design lends it maximum portability
- Can play songs wirelessly through Bluetooth
- You can listen to your records on phone/computer by converting to MP3
- Does not work as a stereo or a CD player
This is an affordable record player that does the job perfectly well if you aren’t looking for a complete entertainment unit in a record player.
Best Budget All-in-One Record Player
You might be an ardent music lover, but that doesn’t mean that you have the will or the means to spend a fortune on a record player. For people looking for a cheaper option but with all the features intact, this model by Musitrend fits the bill. It comes in a suitcase that’s easy to handle and carry. It can be adjusted to play 33, 45 and 78 rpm records. It has built-in stereo speakers but is also equipped with RCA output which means you can connect external speakers to the record player.
- Adjustable speed settings
- Transforms audio into MP3
- RCA output and AUX-in
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Suitcase design
- Comes with a headphone jack
- Designed for easy handling and portability
- Extremely inexpensive
- Easily converts audio to MP3
- Can be connected to external speakers
- Also has a headphone jack, not easy to find
- Does not function as a CD or cassette player
This is the most affordable record player in the market that is packed with all essential and modern features.
Best Wireless All-in-One Record Player
A sophisticated design that comes with all modern features, this record player takes after the high-quality audio equipment manufactured by the market leader Audio Technica. Available in white and black colors, this record player has high fidelity audio with wireless Bluetooth technology through which it can connect with any external devices, including smartphones and speakers.
- Fully automatic
- Can play two speeds including 33 and 45
- Wireless Bluetooth technology
- RCA output
- Compatible with aptX codec
- Belt-drive record player which means it delivers high-quality sound
- Easily connects with external devices like smartphones and speakers
- Bluetooth technology allows streaming from a distance
- Replaceable diamond stylus
- Does not play all 3 speeds
- Does not function as a CD player and a cassette player
This is a high-quality record player by Audio-Technica that can be purchased on Amazon for $149.
Best Retro All-in-One Record Player
If you are looking for a record player that has all the old-world charm and is designed to retain the retro look entirely, this is your ideal model. With the perfect retro look, the Victoria 50s is an excellent turntable that serves all three speeds. It has inbuilt Bluetooth technology and can stream music from as far as 33 feet. It also functions as a complete entertainment unit.
- Plays all three — 33, 45, 78 — speeds
- Built-in Bluetooth wireless technology
- Can function as a radio
- Built-in CD player
- 3.5 mm AUX and headphone jack
- A beautiful retro design
- Inexpensive compared to other models
- Functions as a complete entertainment unit
- Can stream music through Bluetooth from 33 feet away
- Does not work as a cassette player
You can buy Victrola 50s on Amazon for just $59.
Best Bluetooth All-in-One Record Player
Sporting a stylish wooden exterior this Crosley record player is packed with multiple features. It is a belt-driven turntable which has inbuilt Bluetooth technology and can play all three types of record players. You can also plug in your smartphone to make it a portable audio system. It comes with a CD player as well as a cassette player function.
- Belt-drive turntable
- Has a CD player
- Has a cassette player as well as radio
- Inbuilt Bluetooth wireless technology
- Can play three speeds — 33, 45 and 78 rpm
- An all-in-one entertainment unit
- Can play all types of vinyl records
- Can stream music from the record player to external speakers
- Can be made into a portable audio
- Does not have a headphone jack
This stylish Crosley record player can be bought on Amazon for $114.97.
Factors to Consider before Buying a Record Player
Buying a record player can be an overwhelming task considering the number of options that have entered the market, one better than the other in terms of features and prices. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider while choosing the best record player for your requirements. Let’s take a look at some of them.
If you have been collecting vinyl records for some time, you’ll have a mixed collection of 7-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch records. This means that the record player you buy should be able to play all these different types of records and have adjustable speed settings including 33, 45 and 78 rpm.
If you are buying a record player in today’s age, you expect it to be able to have all modern features as well. It should have Bluetooth wireless connectivity as well as the option to connect with external speakers. Most modern record players also offer the option to transform audio into MP3 that can be directly downloaded to your computer.
If you are reading this, there are high chances that you aren’t looking for just a record player. You want your record player to function as different things, including a CD player, a cassette player, a radio — essentially, a full entertainment unit. Most record players have most of these features, while some have all three. Therefore, be careful to go through all the specs before making the final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s take a look at some of the most commonly asked questions about record players and their answers to help you get your basics right.
How Do Record Players Work?
This is a common question among curious music lovers who want to explore one of the oldest audio devices. It is simple, yet a little complex. A record player has a groove that runs from the outer part of the instrument to the center of the disc. You place the record on the turntable and place the needle of the turntable on the record which makes the record spin and creates vibrations. These vibrations are turned into sound waves.
What’s the Difference Between a Manual and an Automatic Record Player?
The difference here lies in the way the instrument is played and used. In a manual record player, you have to lift the needle yourself and place it on the turntable for the music to start. In an automatic record player, you simply have to push a button to start playing it.
What Should Be the Ideal Budget for a Record Player?
This completely depends on what you are expecting from the record player. If you want an all-in-one record player, you can expect to spend anywhere above $100. The premium models can be quite expensive. Yet, with competition increasing, there are a lot of budget options in the market and you can get an excellent record player under $100 as well.
Buying a record player can be a sentimental thing for most music lovers since it might remind you of older times. It is important to take into account personal interests while deciding which record player is the best for you. Other than that, most modern record players cater to the demands and inclinations of music lovers by packing as many features as possible in a single unit. The above guide will give you a clearer picture of the best all-in-one record players in the market as well as the most important factors to consider when you are buying one.
Last update on 2020-07-15 at 17:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API