If you have experience with action cameras, you know how fantastic they are. Some people think that this type of camera is a waste of money given that smartphones can take videos and photos, but the truth is, when it comes to fast action – nothing can replace these small and yet powerful action cams.
When you hear action camera – probably the first thing that comes to mind is the GoPro.
The truth is, the GoPro action cameras are the most popular and most versatile ones on the market right now.
One of the main advantages of the GoPro action cams is their ease of use and all of the available custom accessories, support, and apps.
But the GoPro cameras are more expensive than the many new Chinese made action cams that have entered the market.
Some of these cameras, like the Akaso V50X have better specifications and offer better video quality than some of the established and more expensive brands.
Here is a list of the best action cameras you can find for under $100.
These are all easy to use, compact, shoot top-quality videos, and come with a vast variety of accessories many of which are compatible with the GoPro cameras.
The Akaso V50X is the best action camera under $100 for 2019. It has a native 4K Ultra HD 30fps, 2.7K 30 fps, and 2K 60fps recording capability, and is an upgraded version of the original and also great first gen of this camera.
It has an intuitive 2-inch touchscreen, which is very intuitive and easy to use making it a suitable action cam for newbies as well. All you need to do is point, swipe and tap, and you will start recording beautiful images in a fantastic resolution.
This reasonably priced 4K action camera has excellent electronic image stabilization. It will allow you to record smooth and steady videos every time, no matter whether you are snowboarding, paragliding, or snorkeling.
The compact camera is powered by two rechargeable batteries that have a run time of up to 180 minutes of recording.
The view angle of this nifty action camera can be adjusted easily between 70, 110, 140, and 170 degrees, and any distortion of the image will be automatically corrected via the distortion calibration feature.
It has a 4x zoom and is waterproof for diving up to 131 feet.
The camera has a diving mode, as well as a time-lapse, slow-motion, loop, driving video recording modes. You can also use it to take still photos, burst photos, and beautiful time-lapse photos.
It has a built-in Wi-Fi connection so you can control it via the app on your smartphone and share your videos and photos directly to social media.
Thanks to the included wireless remote control, you can operate the camera while engaging in fast action.
The best 4K action camera for under $100 comes with a massive bundle of extras. In fact, it comes with 17 different accessories that can fit most other action cameras as well.
In the box, you will receive the camera, two batteries, a charger, a waterproof case, a bicycle stand, a remote control, a 10x mount, a 2x bicycle mount, bandages, a protective backdoor, 5 tethers, a USB cable, and a lens cloth.
The action cam is only 2.4 x 1.6 x 1.2 inches in size and weighs 1.15 lbs.
The Apeman Trawo 4K camera is even less expensive than the Akaso V50X. Actually, it is one of the most affordable Native 4K action cameras on the market right now.
The Apeman Trawo has a premium quality sensor, as well as Electronic Image Stabilization, using a 6-axis gyroscope, which allows for shooting realistic and stunning native 4K video at 30 fps. It is also an excellent camera for 20MP photo shots.
The affordable action camera has a 2 inch IPS retina display that shows the shots much clearer than the more commonly used LCD screens on video and photo cameras. The only minus is that the display does not have touchscreen functionality, so using it and adjusting the settings can be a tad more complicated than those of the Akaso V50X.
As a result, the videos are vivid and real looking, no matter the activity you are shooting or participating in.
The camera has an HDMI port so you can enjoy your high-quality 4K videos on a TV with the same resolution.
The Trawo also has AWB, EV, and ISO effects, which you can use to adjust the settings, lighting, and tones for even better shots.
It also has various other shooting modes, including time-lapse, scene mode, burst, loop, timer, and others.
The compact action camera is powered by a large capacity Lithium-ion 1350mAh battery and comes with an extra one in the bundle. The battery life per charge is about 90 minutes of 4K video resolution and 120 minutes of 1080p resolution.
It has integrated Wi-Fi connectivity and can be used and controlled via the useful smartphone YUTUPRO app.
The 4K action camera also comes with a sturdy waterproof case that will allow you to dive to up to 40m and shoot amazing underwater videos.
It can shoot videos in 4K at 30 fps, 2.7K at 30 fps, 1440P at 60 fps, 1080P at 60 fps, and 720P at 120 fps.
The size of the images is 20MP, 16MP, 12MP, 5MP, or 3MP.
The lens has a 170-degree adjustable wide viewing angle.
The size of the reasonably priced 4K action camera is 2.6 x 1.8 x 0.9 inches, and it weighs only 1.1 lbs.
Best budget-friendly option
The Dragon Touch 4K action camera is the best budget-friendly option on this list. It is a 4K action camera with a 4x zoom.
It can shoot videos in upscaled 4K at 30 fps, 2.7K at 30 fps, and 1080P at 60 fps. You can also take 16MP photos with it.
It comes with a nifty wrist strap wireless remote control, which you can place on your wrist and record your activity while the camera is mounted on your helmet or somewhere else hard to reach.
The inexpensive 4K action camera has a 2-inch preview screen and has Wi-Fi connectivity allowing you to share and save your videos and shots on your smartphone or tablet.
The action camera is waterproof for up to 100 feet when placed in the included waterproof case.
The budget 4K action camera has a 170-degree wide-angle.
It can record for up to 90 minutes of 4K video per charge per battery.
The other accessories included in the price, which is under $50 are two rechargeable batteries of 1050mAh, a charger, and various mounting accessories compatible with most other action cams, including the much more expensive Go Pro.
The size of the camera is 2 x 0.9 x 1.5 inches, and it weighs 2.12-oz.
Overall, for this kind of money, this is the best entry-level 4K action camera you can buy in 2019.
The rest of the best action cameras under $100
If you have set $100 for a new 4K action camera, then the Remali Sports Action Camera Package fits right into your budget and offers one of the best deals we could find on the market in 2019.
- A capability of shooting video in a crystal clear and stunning 4K, 2K, or 1080P and 720P resolution
- The anti-shake function will ensure that your videos are smooth and precise no matter how fast you are moving
- It can also capture action photos with a 12MP quality
- It has a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees
- The preview display is a 2 inch HD LCD
- It can take single shots, cluster shots with a set timer or in real-time
- With the added IPX8 waterproof case, the camera is waterproof to up to 98 feet (30m)
- It has built-in Wi-Fi and can be paired with an app on your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet for saving, editing, sharing and others
- It also has a wrist strap wearable remote control for safe and secure recording while in action
- The camera has an HDMI and USB ports for effortless connectivity with a TV, computer or another device
- It is powered by a 1050 mAh Li-ion battery which can record for up to 90 minutes
- The bundle includes two batteries, a dual battery charger, and a carrying case for all accessories
- The total number of accessories included in the well-priced package is 19, including everything you need to mount the camera on a helmet, bike or other
With the Akaso Brave 4 4K camera, you will be able to make the smoothest videos of even the fastest events and actions. It is easy to use and has multiple functions which will help you perfect your action camera skills.
- It can shoot videos in a resolution of 4K at 24 fps, 2K at 30 fps, and 1080P at 60 fps
- The camera also makes beautiful photos of fast-moving objects in a 20MP resolution
- The view angle can be adjusted from 70, 110, 140 and 170 degrees
- The anti-shake feature and image stabilization via a gyroscope will allow you to create smooth videos no matter how fast you are going
- It has built-in Wi-Fi and connects with a free app for editing, saving and sharing the videos and photos
- The camera also has an HDMI port so you can hook it up directly to a TV
- It has a bright 2 inch IPS screen
- There is a 5x zoom
- With the included waterproof case, the camera will work and shoot under water at a depth of up to 30 meters
- It comes with two rechargeable Lithium-ion 1050mAh batteries, a dual charger, a remote control wrist band, and a total of 19 nifty accessories for mounting and use
- Each battery can shoot up to 90 minutes of video per charge
- It costs less than $100
- The camera is 2.32 x 1.57 x 0.91 inches and weighs 5.6-oz.
The Campark ACT74 has established itself as one of the bestselling action cameras on the market for the last few years. It costs less than $100 and has everything you need to make exciting and beautiful videos of your life and adventures.
- Fitted with a premium Sony sensor, the camera can record video in 4K at 30 fps, and take still photos at a 16M resolution
- A 170 degree plus view angle fisheye lens that can be adjusted to 140, 110 and 70 degrees
- A 2 inch HD preview display
- It has multiple modes including time-lapse, slow motion, loop recording, and others
- It has Wi-Fi and is compatible with both Android and iOS phones and tablets
- When placed inside the included waterproof case, the camera can be used underwater at a depth of up to 98 feet (30 meters)
- It is sold with two rechargeable batteries which will give you 180 minutes and more of video time per charge (90 minutes per battery)
- The other added accessories include a wrist band remote, a dual charger, mounting equipment for helmets, bikes, and more
- You can connect it directly to a TV via its HDMI port
If you want an action camera that you can use for live streaming your experiences, but are not ready to spend hundreds of dollars for one, then the EKEN H9R is a superb choice for you.
- It can record video at 4K/30 fps, 2.7K/30 fps, 1080P/60-30 fps, 720P/120 fps
- The video formats are MOV and H.264, and the photo format is JPG
- The photo resolution is 20MP
- The camera has time-lapse, loop recording, burst photos, and other modes
- It has a live streaming function which works with iOS devices allowing you to share your experiences in real-time on YouTube, Facebook and others
- It also has a built-in Wi-Fi, so you can save, edit and share your videos and photos on your phone or tablet
- A high-quality wide lens with a 170 degree view angle
- The preview display is 2 inch LCD FHD
- It can be connected directly to a TV via HDMI
- The waterproof case will allow you to dive down to 100 feet to shoot amazing videos
- It comes with all accessories you need to mount it on your helmet, bike, surf and other – a total of 14
- It also has an included tripod
- The action camera is sold with two rechargeable li-ion 1050mAh batteries and a dual charging dock
- There is a remote control for shooting while in action
- The camera is 2.3 x 1 x 1.6 inches and weighs 2.24-oz
The Campark X25 is another superb option for a native 4K action camera that comes with all accessories you will ever need for a price below $100.
- It records in a pro 4K at 30fps, and also 2.7K at 30 fps, 1080P at 120 fps and 720P at 240 fps
- A 170-degree wide angle to capture everything surrounding you as you move but thanks to the distortion correction, the video or photo will be normal
- The videos are recorded in MOV format
- The images are shot in a resolution of 16MP. 13MP or 8MP and in JPG format
- Built-in Wi-Fi which connects with the free DV King 4K app for Android or iOS
- It has an HDMI port so it can be connected to a TV for viewing of the videos and photos directly
- The waterproof case allows for diving and shooting with the camera at a depth of up to 30m (100 feet)
- It has various modes to choose from including slow motion, time-lapse, loop recording, burst photo, and others
- There are two 1050 mAh batteries included
- The kit also includes a waterproof case, a bicycle mounting kit, a helmet mounting kit, a USB cable and a user’s manual
This is a newer version of the Brave 4 camera from our list and includes some upgrades that are worth mentioning, like the added voice control. It is slightly pricier than the predecessor but it may be the perfect action camera for under $100 for you.
- A stunning 4K/24 fps video resolution or a 2K/30 fps and 1080P/60 fps
- Photo resolution of up to 20MP
- You can control the camera with voice commands for hands-free video shooting
- A built-in advanced electronic image stabilization for a smooth video no matter how fast the action is
- Adjustable view angle from 170, 140, 110 and 70 degrees
- When placed in the watertight case, the camera can be taken down into the water at a depth of 98 feet for underwater video shooting
- It has additional modes like time-lapse, loop recording, diving, driving, special effect, motion detection, burst control, and others
- It has 6x zoom
- It is fitted with a micro USB and a micro HDMI ports for easy connectivity with TVs, computers and other devices
- The package also includes two rechargeable 1050 mAh batteries, bicycle stand, 7 mounts, 2 clips, a helmet mount, tethers, bandages, a USB cable, and a protective cover
This Crosstour action camera costs less than $40 and is still an excellent camera for newbies, occasional users and those on a tight budget.
- Shoots 4K/25 fps and 2.7K/30 fps video
- The photos it takes have a resolution of 16MP
- A 170 degree wide angle for a more panoramic and better view
- Burst photo, looping video
- A 2 inch LCD preview display
- A waterproof case that will protect fit during swimming and diving, as well as from dust, snow or rain
- Wireless remote control with a wrist strap
- A Wi-Fi with a 10-meter range
- It comes with two rechargeable 1050 mAh batteries with a runtime of 90 minutes each
- The camera is sold for less than $40 with 19 added accessories
- The size of the budget-friendly camera is 2.3 x 1 x 1.6 inches, and it weighs 2.24-oz
This is yet another compact but powerful action camera that costs less than $50. It is perfect for newbies, as well as for people who don’t want to spend too much money on a gadget like this.
- It can record brilliant 4K video at 30 fps
- The photos it shoots are with a 12MP resolution
- It has a 2-inch preview screen
- The Anti-Shake and Electronic Image Stabilizer utilize a 3 axis gyroscope to keep the video footage smooth and pleasant to watch
- It has a slow-motion a loop recording function
- A remote control for the wrist allows for operating hands-free
- A built-in Wi-Fi with a range of up to 100 feet
- You can share your videos or photos instantly without downloading them to a phone or computer first
- It has an internal and external microphone
- A wide view angle of 170 degrees
- Waterproof to up to 30 meters when placed in the included waterproof case
- It comes with two batteries and a charger
- Also included in the bundle are a total of 27 accessories including various equipment for mounting the camera
Last update on 2019-12-13 at 00:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API