Best 80-Inch TVs in 2018
The top 80 inch TVs for 2018 which are still among the best for 2019 as well
For those of you looking for a great deal on a high quality 80 inch TV from last year, here is the list of the best large-sized TVs for last year, which are still excellent choices today.
Best overall for 2018
If you think you have seen it all when it comes to large-sized TVs, get set for a surprise. The 2018 flagship TV from Sony will blow your mind!
The black is blacker than ever, and the color and the shadows on this TV are absolutely realistic and, to be honest – the best we have seen. Its more than 8 million pixels are self-illuminating and are very precisely controlled in real-time by the TV’s X1 Extreme processor. As a result, you will be able to enjoy a contrast like you have never seen before as well as details which you have never believed existed in your favorite movies and sports games.
This TV from Sony delivers a gorgeous 4K HDR picture which supports all HDR modes. Thanks to the Acoustic Surface technology, you will get the feeling that the words coming from the mouths of the characters on the screen are actually spoken to you in real-time.
You can easily set this TV up with Google Home or Amazon Alexa to make your viewing experience even better and easier to control.
Of course, given the 82 inch diagonal of its TRILUMINOS display size, you can expect that this TV has quite sizeable dimensions. Without the stand, it is 75 ¼ x 43 ¼ x 2 7/8 inches, and with the stand, it is 75 ¼ x 46 3/8 x 15 5/8 inches. But then again, this TV is very slim and looks absolutely gorgeous from all sides.
It features a variety of inputs to connect multiple sources, consoles, and other devices, including 4 HDMI, a composite port, 2 USB 2.0, and 1 USB 3.0 ports.
You should take advantage of the free tech support offered for the first 60 days after the purchase of this TV in order to get help to set it up, connect, configure or troubleshoot it until you get the perfect result which you expect from the Sony XBR85X900F.
Along with the TV itself, you will receive a voice remote, IR blaster, batteries, a stand, a power cord, and a useful setup guide and user manual.
Related – Top 10 Best 80-Inch TVs in 2019
Thanks to its voice remote control and its compatibility with Alexa and Google Home, changing the channel, picking a movie, or checking a score will become easier than ever.
Also, you can enjoy a wide variety of Android apps on this TV, including Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Amazon Video, Pandora, and many more. Even if you are not sure where to find your favorite movie or video, just ask the built-in Google Assistant, and it will find the content for you.
Even if you are not watching a Blu-ray movie, you don’t have to worry about the quality of the image because Sony has incorporated several technologies which will automatically improve the quality for you – the Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR, the Object-based HDR remaster, and Dual database processing.
Thanks to the Dynamic Range Pro 6x, all dark scenes will be darker, and the bright scenes will be six times brighter than in other TVs. The X-Motion Clarity feature will ensure that fast action stays clear, smooth and without blurring when you are watching an action movie or sports.
This is a perfect extra-large TV if you love watching sports, action movies and playing video games, or if you want to watch anything with the colors and details as close as those you will see in real life, as it provides a smooth, detailed fast-action performance with a wide contrast range and superior brightness.
Best budget-friendly option for 2018
If you want a large and yet relatively affordable TV, then check out the Samsung UN82MU8000 TV. It is 82 inches and supports an Ultra HD or 4k resolution.
This TV also provides an astonishingly realistic and life picture quality thanks to the 4K Color drive extreme feature which provides a picture better than a conventional 4k UHD TV.
It can be voice-controlled or controlled via the included Samsung Remote Controller OneRemote. The One remote can actually control all of your devices, which means fewer remotes and less fiddling to find the one you need.
The One Connects mini is a very useful feature which allows you to easily access all of the ports and connections without having to access the back of the TV every time you need to plug in or out a device.
Thanks to the Clean Cable Solution, you will be able to set this TV up along with all other connected devices, consoles, and others without having to deal with tangled and unsightly cables all around it, by incorporating them in the stand of the TV.
With the amazingly fast 240 Hz refresh rate of this TV from Samsung, you can enjoy all your favorite sports and fast action movies or shows without any blurring, lagging or without a loss of clarity and detail. In fact, you get a theater-like experience with this 82-inch TV.
Thanks to the Samsung Smart Hub, you can easily access and enjoy your favorite channels, sports, shows, and apps on Netflix, Apple TV, Hulu or others.
This large Samsung TV has multiple ports to connect your video game console, computer or any other chosen device, including 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 Digital Audio output, 1 RF input, and an RS232C serial interface.
It has integrated Wi-Fi so you can easily connect it to your home network for easy access to your media files, photos and on the Internet.
Overall, this is an excellent and affordable large-sized Ultra HD TV from Samsung, which we strongly recommend for those of you who want to enjoy a large screen TV without breaking the bank and without compromising on the quality provided at the same time!
The runner up for 2018
If you are ready to splurge out on a new huge and incredible TV, then we suggest you choose the Samsung QN88Q9FAMFXZA. It has an enormous 88 inch LED backlit LCD display and provides 4 times the resolution of 1080p. This is an HDR UHD QLED TV with smart features and a highly efficient Motion Rate 240 Hz technology which helps enhance fast-moving images like sports, action movies, and others in order to remove any blur and improve the accuracy of the picture.
The built-in Wi-Fi connectivity will allow you to access any of your favorite apps or Internet content quickly and easily via the Samsung Smart Hub and allows screen mirroring and content sharing with your smartphone or other smart devices.
The One Connect box will house all of the connections of the TV so you can access any of the ports or connections without having to struggle to reach to the back of the TV.
You can connect your Blu-ray, DVD, game console or any other chosen device this TV via the wide range of ports and connection options, including 4 HDMI, 3 USB and serial.
The Elite Black+ with Infinite Array feature improves the contrast of the picture and allows you to enjoy incredibly realistic actions and images at all times, no matter the source.
The design of this TV is stunning thanks to it no bezel design. It looks great from all sides, and you can easily watch on a stand or mount it on the wall like a picture thanks to the Samsung No-Gap wall mount feature. It is 77.9 x 44.5 x 1.2 inches, so make sure you have sufficient space for this monster of a TV. Thanks to the Every View design of this TV, you will get a perfect view of the screen wherever you choose to sit.
Your new gigantic TV will provide you with an unforgettable viewing or gaming experience thanks to the 100% color volume and more than a billion colors thanks to the new Quantum Dots technology. The blacks are truly black and the Q contrast will make you feel like you have stepped into the movie, game or show you are watching.
The set is powered by a powerful quad core processor for fast control and a fluid browsing experience.
The Dolby Digital Plus will optimize your viewing or gaming experience by providing realistic and enhanced sound.
The Samsung Smart Remote can be used to access all of your other smart devices apart from the TV which means you will only need one remote control from now on.
This is the largest flagship TV from Samsung which is quite costly, but given the incredible quality of the picture, the stunning design and all of the amazing smart features, it is an amazing appliance to add to any home or office!
Our other favorite gigantic TVs for 2018
If you still are not sure about the large-sized TV you want to buy, then browse through our remaining 7 choices from our list of the best 80-inch TVs for 2018 to find out more about the other incredible TV sets we picked out for all of you fans of the ultimate TV viewing experience.
This is another beautiful large TV from Samsung which we have gladly added to our list of the best 80-inch TVs for 2018 for a wide array of reasons which we will summarize for you.
- A large QLED 4K UHD 82-inch display
- The Q Contrast feature will provide you with unbeatable contrast no matter how dark or bright the scene is
- The Q Style of the set will reduce the clutter of the cables going in and out of the TV set
- Provides more than a billion shades of color for a life-like picture and experience thanks to the HDR technology
- The Ambient Mode will turn your TV into a picture on the wall displaying your favorite photos, information, content or playing background music without interfering with your décor
- You can easily find your favorite streams and content thanks to the Smart TV and Bixby Voice and Universal Guide functions via the voice assistant or the OneRemote
- The powerful Q Engine processor will ensure that the 4k color clarity and HDR are optimized at all times no matter what you are watching
- The 360 degree design which features no bezels and an overall sleek and classy look will allow you to place this TV anywhere without worrying about ruining the interior design
- The OneRemote will automatically find and connect to all of your compatible devices, so you can use only one remote control for all of them
- The Universal Guide feature will show you all of the devices and favorite content in one easy to browse and access menu
- The SmartThingsApp will help you set up, control and monitor the QLED TV from your smartphone or smart device
- The sleek design and its lightweight helps mounting the TV on the stand or on the wall a breeze
- There is no glare because the screen will adapt the ambient light in the room at all times
- 4 HDMI ports for connecting multiple devices, consoles, and others
This is a very stylish TV set that will look like a picture on your wall, thanks to the modern bezel-less design. The picture and colors are vivid and lifelike, and you will be able to enjoy your great 82 inch TV even when you are not watching anything or playing a game thanks to the neat Ambient Mode. We all agree that the Samsung QN82Q6 is an excellent large screened TV for any home or workspace.
This is one of our favorite high-end large-sized TVs for 2018, and there are so many reasons for this. We have created a list of the pros and cons to let you know what to expect from the Sharp LC-80LE757 Aquos Quattron TV.
- Features the exclusive Quattron Color technology for impeccable realistic and powerful pictures
- AquoMotion 480 with a 240 Hz refresh rate makes this TV one of the best for watching sports and fast action videos
- An 80 inch AQUOS 1080p LED display
- Astonishing sound thanks to the 35W audio speakers with subwoofers
- The Super Bright Intelligent contrast engine helps add 2 million subpixels to the existing 6 million pixels for perfect brightness clarity and contrast
- A SmartCentral allows you to access content and control the TV via a smartphone
- A split-screen function allows you to browse while watching TV simultaneously
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Very slim, elegant design with an ultra-thin bezel
- Has an advanced gaming mode feature
- It is not a 4K UHD TV like most of the others on our list
Although it is not a 4k TV, this large TV from Sharp will provide you with a perfect picture no matter what you are watching. It has a wide variety of smart and picture enhancement functions to make your viewing or gaming experience unforgettable.
If you are ready to compromise 3 inches from the diagonal and go for a 77 inch TV instead of an 80 inch one, we strongly recommend this one from LG.
- This Smart OLED TV has the most powerful LG Intelligent processor Artificial Intelligence AI ThinQ features
- Thanks to the innovative α9 processor, the colors are more accurate and the sharpness and depth of the picture are more enhanced than ever
- Supports all 4K Cinema HDR formats including Dolby Vision, HLG and HDR10 and scene-by-scene optimization
- The built-in Google Assistant to make controlling the device with your voice via the LG Magic Remote
- Dolby Atmos audio technology which is used in modern movie theaters provides immersive sound allowing you to “participate” in the action
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa devices
- Pixel Level Dimming with 8.3 million pixels which are lit individually for a perfect back level and a detailed picture like in no other TV on the market
- 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 Composite, 1 Optical, a mini-jack and an audio return channel support inputs
- A Logo Luminance Adjustment feature will detect a logo and decrease its brightness after 2 minutes for a better viewing experience
- It is not 80-inches or above (“only” 77 inches)
The LG OLED77C8PUA TV may be “only” 77 inches, but it will compensate for the size with the amazing 4K OLED TV viewing experience it provides. It has one of the most powerful processors around, and the sound of this TV is probably the best one we have heard in a long time.
If you want a large screen TV which will provide you with perfect lifelike details, colors, contrasts, and clarity, check out the Sony XBR77A1E.
- Features a marvelous 77 inch Bravia OLED screen paired with Motionflow XR and a 120 Hz refresh rate for excellent contrast, color, detail and no blur for fast-moving action scenes
- Perfect black levels and a wide color range
- A very wide viewing angle
- A highly efficient upscaling function to improve the quality of the picture
- A striking stylish design with an ultra-thin bezel-free construction
- Sony Android Smart TV functionality with Google Cast and a wide array of apps including Hulu, Netflix TuneIn, Pandora, Sling TV, and various others on Google Play
- Works with Alexa voice control
- Has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0 and a composite inputs
- A voice remote control, an IR blaster, batteries and a stand are included in the package along with the instructions and the setup guide
- Like all OLED TVs, this one is on the higher end price-wise
Yes, the Sony XBR77A1E maybe 77 inches and not 80” but it is a wonderful large-screen OLED TV which will bring beauty to every home or working space, and will ensure that you enjoy every minute of your viewing or gaming time, every time – no matter what.
Last update on 2021-01-15 at 17:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API