The best 60 inch TV for 2018
If you want the best 60 inch or larger TV to watch your favorite DVDs, Blu-ray movies and other non-native 4K Ultra HD content in impeccable 4K Ultra HD HDR quality, Sony’s flagship TV from 2017 is the way to go!
We absolutely love how the Sony XBR65A1E 65 inch Bravia OLED TV handles upscaling all non-HDR content. In fact, we are pretty sure that it is the best one we have seen so far. This is because the A1E works with the most powerful Sony processor.
This 2017 flagship from Sony has returned to OLED, and the Japanese giant has categorically nailed it with this model.
The picture is absolutely lifelike, thanks to the pairing of the clarity, color, and contrast of the 4K Ultra HD and the incredible detail of HDR.
Its dimensions without the stand are 57.3 x 32.9 x 3.5 inches, and with the stand, they are 57.3 x 32.9 x 13.4 inches.
The stunningly thin OLED panel has a 120Hz refresh rate, which with the help of the MotionFlow XR will provide you with the best sports TV and action movie viewing possible. There will be no distracting and annoying motion blur even in the fastest-moving scenes with the 65 inch Sony A1E.
The TV supports HDR10 and HLG and is expected to be updated soon to support Dolby Vision as well.
It has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0, Ethernet, and composite inputs.
Related Content – Top 10 Best 60-Inch TVs in 2019
The package includes a voice remote control, an IR blaster, a TV stand and a setup guide and an instruction manual.
One of the most amazing features of this TV is its “picture only” design, which thanks to the thin OLED screen and the lack of bezels. This, combined with the ingenious vibrating screen for an incredible sound performance is what makes this series from Sony one of the best we have seen so far. Unlike most ultra-thin flat TVs today, the A1E has a truly ground-breaking sound that will fill the room and immerse you in the scene completely. This is due to the “exciters” mounted in the TV which vibrate the screen along with the speakers.
It has excellent viewing angles so you can place it in a room with any kind of setting and seating and not worry about not being able to watch the TV if you aren’t sitting right across it.
This TV has a Freeview HD tuner and can be connected to your home network or to the internet via the integrated Wi-Fi or the Ethernet input.
The A1E is powered by Android TV which will allow you to download, install and use any of the thousands of apps available on Google Play Store, including streaming, informational, gaming, and others. Needless to say, you can control this smart TV with your voice using the voice remote control, via an Alexa device or a Google Home device.
Yes, it may be a bit pricey in comparison to other TVs in the 60-65 inch range, but the Sony XBR65A1E is a true joy to the eyes and ears, and is one of the best TVs in this range which you can invest in if you want to have the perfect home movie theater experience in your household!
The only reason, why we picked this one as a runner-up in our top best 60 inch TV list is that it is not exactly 60 inches, but is slightly larger. This model comes in 55 and in 77-inch versions as well.
No matter what content you are watching, it will look great in the 4K Ultra HD HDR resolution provided by this OLED TV. And even if you are not watching anything, the TV will add style to any room, thanks to its stunning picture-only design.
The rest of the best 60 inch TVs from 2018
If you want to invest in a top-quality OLED large TV for the ultimate viewing and gaming experience at home, you may want to take a closer look at the brilliant 65 inch LG OLED65C8PUA 4K Ultra HD OLED TV introduced in 2018.
- 65-inch OLED panel which will provide you with a cinema-like experience with its stunning color and contrast
- An extremely elegant and slick design which will complement any home décor, thanks to the fact that it has no bezel and just a thin black metallic trim surrounding the screen
- Superb 4K Ultra HD picture quality with HDR support for all high dynamic range formats
- The blacks are really black and the colors are incredibly saturated and life-like
- Features the latest and most powerful Alpha 9 processor from LG which can efficiently upscale all non-HDR content into crystal clear and perfect 4K Ultra HD
- TruMotion makes watching sports and fast action films pretty amazing
- The size of the TV is 57 x 34.7 x 9.1 inches
- A Freeview TV and a satellite tuner
- Comes with a TV stand which is designed to redirect the sound directly toward the viewer
- The smart TV uses WebOS which is the best smart TV interface at the moment, combined with a ThinQ AI Artificial Intelligence system
- 3 side HDMI and 1 HDMI on the back
- 1 side USB and 2 back USB inputs
- Ethernet port and a CI slot, as well as an optical digital output, a headphone jack and a line out output
- Can connect the TV to your network via Ethernet LAN cable, or Wi-Fi, the TV also offers Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity to pair it with your phone, computer, and other devices
- The Magic remote is an astoundingly precise motion controller with an on-screen pointer and a scrolling wheel for easy access to content and control of the TV set
- As an alternative to the Magic remote, there is an LG app which allows controlling the TV via your smartphone too
- The Magic remote also features a built-in mic which you can use for easy voice control which has natural language processing allowing for conversational interaction with your smart TV
- Easy access to all leading streaming services
- Compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices
- The price is lower than other OLED or QLED TVs of this size and range
- Dolby Atmos sound
- The TV is highly responsive which makes an excellent option for those of you who want to use it for video gaming too
- Comes in 55, 65 and 77-inch sizes
- 5-year warranty
The LG 65SJ8000 is yet another large TV from LG which we strongly recommend to all of you looking for the perfect large 4K HDR TV for 2018.
- 65 inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV
- Comes with LG’s brilliant and intelligent Magic control with precise motion control, voice control and a screen cursor
- Very realistic and lifelike colors and pictures
- A very wide gamut of colors
- Low motion blur and input lag which is superb for those of you who love watching sports and other fast-action content as well as for those who want to use the TV for playing video games
- Better than average viewing angle, which means you can watch it from just about anywhere without distortion of the picture
- Excellent upscaling of low-quality content such as DVDs, HD, and Full HD content into 4K UHD which means you don’t need to throw out those DVDs just yet
- Sleek design with ultra-thin borders, and with an added arc TV stand will look great wherever you design to place it
- – 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, a composite, tuner, and Ethernet inputs
- Supports HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision as well as pass-through ARC DTS, ARC Dolby Digital, Optical Dolby Digital, Optical DTS, ARC
- HDR in USB playback, Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube
- The sound is better than average for this range and size of TVs
- Runs on webOS smart TV platform with a wide variety of features and option all of which are easy to find and navigate
- Many smart streaming, informational and gaming apps preinstalled and others available on LG Content store
If you want a large-sized 4K UHD TV but don’t want to spend a fortune on it, you may want to try out the TCL 65S517. It is an excellent option for an all-purpose TV, for those of you who plan on using your TV as a PC monitor and for playing video games, apart from enjoying top quality video content.
- 65 inch LED 4K Ultra HD TV released in 2018
- Supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Comes with Roku Smart TV version 8.0 with access to thousands of movies and TV shows for free
- Very low input lag in Game Mode which is great news for the gamers out there
- Good support of Chroma 4:4:4 for those of you who want to use it as a PC monitor
- Judder-free and motion trail free motion handling for a great sports and action movie viewing experience
- Wide HDR color gamut
- A high native contrast ratio and very good deep black and grey uniformity
- A wide color gamut which is comparable to that of higher-end TVs
- Thin borders and a stable elegant base
- VESA 200×200 wall mount
- The maximum thickness of the TV is 2.91 inches
- The semi-gloss finish of the screen will diffuse reflections well unless the light source is directly facing the TV
- Pretty good color accuracy out of the box, so if you are not into fiddling with the settings and calibrations you will be happy with this purchase
- Calibration is easy and is done via the TCL mobile app
- All inputs are on the side, for easier access, and include 3 HDMI, 1 USB. 1 digital optical audio and 1 analog audio out, composite in, Ethernet, and a tuner input
- Integrated Wi-Fi support which you can use to connect the TV to your wireless network, or you can use the Ethernet port to connect it via cable
- HDR in USB playback, Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube
- Easy to use remote control and a companion app with some voice control features
If you watch a lot of sports, action flicks or other fast-moving objects and videos, then the Sony XBR65X900F is the perfect large 4K UHD TV for you because it is a true master of motion and one of the best TVs introduced this year by the Japanese giant.
- 65-inch Direct-lit LED TV with 4K Ultra HD
- A top-quality LCD picture with up to 6 times better contrast than other LED TVs
- The picture has amazing clarity combines with the high dynamic range of detail and color
- The 1X Extreme processor provides the best upscaling in the world and enhances the quality by controlling the brightness and contrast of the picture via the double database system which removes the noise and adds detail to lower quality content
- Even in True Cinema mode which turns the HDR upscaling off, you will end up with a beautiful, smooth picture, no matter the source
- Triluminos vibrant colors
- The local dimming and direct lighting features are outstanding features for a TV of this range and price
- C-Motion Clarity provides an incredible on-screen action viewing experience
- Improved HDR performance with even better brightness as compared to the preceding model thanks to the added direct-lighting
- 300 x 300 wall mounting
- Dimensions of the TV only are 57 x 32 ¾ x 2 ¾ inches, and with the stand they are 57 x 35 3/8 x 11 ¾ inches
- Comes with a Voice remote and an IR blaster
- 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, 1 composite input
- Compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices for nifty voice control for finding content, changing channels and others
- Built-in Chromecast and Google Voice Assistant support
- The smart TV runs Android TV and provides access to hundreds and thousands of apps available on Google Play
- Supports Dolby Vision which is supported by Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube and other services providing HDR content online
- Pretty decent sound and good distance soundstage spread
- The TV is available in 45, 44, 75 and 85-inch versions too
- A very affordable price given the quality and the advanced features, such as local dimming, direct lighting and the 1 X Extreme processor of the TV
If you loved the Sony A1E OLED flagship from last year, and are interested in how Sony followed up on it, take a look at the features of this year’s upscaling master – the Sony XBR65A8F flagship OLED TV for 2018.
- Sony’s flagship 4K Ultra HD OLED TV for 2018 provides a truly outstanding picture
- 65 inches, but available in a 55-inch version as well
- Features the powerful X1 Extreme processor and new and innovative upscaling algorithms which make SD and HD content look much better than we have ever seen before and turns this TV into the best 4K/HDR performer of 2018
- Impeccable MotionFlow motion control for watching fast-action sports and movies without any blurring
- Flawless contrast and vivid colors like you have never seen before
- A very clever and effective Acoustic Technology sound system without any speakers being visible. It uses the screen as speakers and has an added bass on the rear for an immersive effect
- Exceptional black levels
- Very well designed integrated picture presets
- A stylish, sleek and minimalistic design which doesn’t distract from the viewing experience
- Easy to mount on the wall, and doesn’t have a large footprint when used with the stand
- Freeview HD and Freesat land and satellite tuners
- Supports Dolby Vision and HLG HDR
- 4 HDMI, 3 USB, and an RF tuner inputs
- Runs on Android TV OS with 4K HDR Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and various other preinstalled apps as well as access to hundreds of other apps on Google Play Store
- Has built-in Chromecast support for easy sharing of media from another device
- Supports Alexa and Google Assistant voice control too
If you don’t want to spend more than $1,000 on a great 65 inch 4K Ultra HD TV suitable for mixed usage, then the LG 65UJ6300 is a TV set you should seriously consider buying.
- 65-inch Direct-lit LED 4K Ultra HD TV with active HDR
- Combines the HDR color and detail with the 4K Ultra HD clarity and contrast to create a crisp clear, almost lifelike picture and true color accuracy
- The active HDR will automatically optimize the picture scene by scene for brighter whites and blacker blacks
- Dimensions of the TV set only are 56.4 x 33.7 x 3.3 inches, and with the stand, they are 56.4 x 36 x 10 inches
- TruMotion 120 ensures that all fast moving scenes are blur-free
- A very low input lag which makes playing video games on the TV an incredibly satisfying experience
- The semi-gloss screen handles indirect and direct reflections pretty well
- 3 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 composite, 1 RF, 1 component-composite, 1 Optical, and Ethernet inputs
- Comes in smaller sizes as well – 43, 49 and 55 inches
- Runs webOS 3.5 TV which is probably the best smart TV OS currently available and which incorporates all of the popular streaming video apps as well as access to more than 70 free internet channel via the LG Channel Plus app
- Recommended by Netflix for a superior Netflix experience
- A very wide viewing angle