Nothing reminds me of happy autumn times like warm and soft pears, baked to perfection and topped with crunchy walnuts.
Add a cup of a hot beverage of your choice on a windy evening, and you have perfect enjoyment.
I’ve made these the other day and filled my house with a fantastic aroma – a pure ecstasy for senes!
Besides, these take almost no effort and are extremely easy to make. They are very nutritious and can replace standard unhealthy treats like chocolate.
Could you believe I prepared these in less than 10 minutes? 🙂
After 30 minutes of baking and enjoying the smell, the pears were done and ready.
The only thing remaining was to serve them with yogurt and enjoy.
But I wanted something more.
Further Reading: Most Recommended Bakeware Sets
I’ve found many recipes for this treat online, but I wanted to add my personal touch. I wanted to include something naturally sweet yet sour, which can synchronize with the overall texture of the dish.
The choice came down to raspberry – one of the healthiest fruit from berries family.
I’ve had some raspberry leftovers in my freezer from September shenanigans and decided to try them even though I wasn’t sure about the combination.
It turned out great.
This treat has an overall mild and semi-creamy flavor with crunchy texture (yes, the nuts – and yes, you don’t have to use walnuts, (almost) any nuts will do).
Raspberry topping gives it the edge, the soft sourness that provokes your taste buds and completes a whole new experience.
Wondering how to make the raspberry topping?
- Just put at least half a cup of raspberries into a bowl, add one coffee spoon of sugar, and half of zest lemon juice.
- Bring it to the boil and leave to cool off.
- Finally, just drain the raspberries through a colander, and you get a soft, semi-creamy sauce-like topping.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED PEARS
- 3 large ripe pears
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts (or any type of nuts you have)
- 3 tsp honey
- (optional) yogurt or frozen yogurt
- (optional) raspberry topping
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKED PEARS
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the pears in half and place them on a baking paper (Cut off a bit from the other end so they can stand upright)
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon
- Sprinkle with cinnamon,
- Fill with walnuts generously.
- Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon honey over each one.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let them cool a bit.
- Serve with frozen yogurt and raspberry topping.
Learn More: How Long Does It Take To Preheat An Oven?
- A Delicious And Caloric Potato And Cheese Pierogi Recipe - April 24, 2021
- Healthy Homemade Snack: Integral Crispbread Bars With Grains - April 24, 2021
- Catherine’s Cheese & Nougat Spread - April 24, 2021