Don’t have a minute of peace of mind when you are not in the nursery with your baby? A good quality, reliable baby monitor will help you rest assured that everything is alright with your precious little one, and will eliminate the need of having to pop into the nursery minute after minute and risk waking the baby up.
Thanks to the evolution of technology, today there are baby monitors which allow you to know what is going on with your baby at any time, no matter whether you are a couple of feet away or if you are not at home.
There is a wide variety of baby monitors available. Some provide audio only, while as others offer video of the baby, as well as real-time information about its movements, whether or not it is sleeping, its breathing, the room temperature level, and others.
Not only will a baby monitor allow you to run errands or enjoy some relax time while your baby is napping, but most of the monitors can work as nanny cams as well so that you can be sure that your baby is well taken care of in the hands of the babysitter or nanny as well.
We have tested quite a few of the monitors available to pick our top picks for the best baby monitors for 2019 for you.
We know that every minute is precious when you have a newborn, which is why we would like to save you the time and effort with our selection of the best baby monitors you can currently find on the market.
Of course, we have picked the most trustworthy monitors which are reasonably priced in accordance with the value provided, so make sure you read through our brief reviews so that you can select the one which will suit your needs best.
The Infant Optics DXR-8 is our overall favorite for 2019. We love the fact that it has a top-quality zoom lens which allows you to view your baby really closely, no matter where you have mounted the camera. In fact, this monitor allows for nifty remote pan, zoom, and tilt, so that you can see the baby from all angles and from all distances. Also, the camera can easily be adjusted via the monitor, so that you never leave the baby or nanny out of sight.
You don’t need to constantly worry about charging the parent unit, as it can easily work for up to 10 hours per charge when set to power-saving mode. Of course, it does keep the sound on while in sleep mode, so you don’t have to worry about that. You can leave the screen on constantly, and it will last for 6 hours per charge.
You can talk to your little munchkin through it, and can also stay informed of the temperature in the nursery at all times with this wonderful baby monitor.
The screen has a rotation function for added comfort, and the monitor provides very good quality sound and visual of the nursery.
The monitor has a 3.5 inch LCD color display which can be activated by sound, and thanks to the retractable antenna you can use it at a range of 700 ft. The camera can be mounted on a table or wall, depending on your preferences. It is discreet, quiet, and moves smoothly, so you don’t have to worry about disturbing your baby.
This is the first baby monitor which has interchangeable lens and has been chosen as the best baby monitor for 2019 by both Lifewire and The Bump.
There is no set up required for this monitor. The battery is rechargeable, so you don’t need to worry about forgetting to buy batteries too.
If you are worried about your privacy – then don’t. Thanks to the secure 2.4 GHz FHSS transmission, you will get 100% digital privacy of your real-time video and audio transmission.
Other features which we love include the invisible IR night vision function, the alarms you can set, as well as the handy scan mode if you have added other cameras to the monitor. Yes, you can add up to 4 cameras to the Infant Optics DXR-8 for added security.
Last but not least, this baby monitor is very reasonably priced given the top quality and all the useful features it provides. So, it won’t hurt your budget but at the same time will ensure that you are much calmer and more comfortable when you are not in the same room as your baby.
Plus, you can use the camera, later on, to monitor the activities of your toddler and child if you choose, so it is a worthwhile long-term investment after all.
The runner-up in our list is another fabulous baby monitor which is worth every cent you will pay because it incorporates all of the great features which a caring parent wants in a baby monitor.
The NetGear Arlo is a smart baby monitor which provides 1080p HD real-time or recorded video quality so that you can keep a close eye on your baby from wherever you are – at home, outside or even when you are out of town.
Not only will you be able to see your little one whenever you want and from wherever you want, but you can talk to it, or sing to it remotely as well, thanks to the 2-way wireless talk feature.
You can have a clear view of your baby even in the darkest hours with the advanced night vision function of this baby monitor.
Also, you don’t need to worry about starring at the monitor 24/7 to make sure that your baby is well. This smart monitor will send you instant push notifications in case a motion, sound, or a change in the quality of the air in the nursery is detected.
Some additional features that you will really appreciate are the multicolored nightlight options, the gentle lullaby player, the sensors for ambient temperature, VOC air, and humidity levels which will alert you if there is a change worth noting.
The NetGear Arlo can be connected to your home network via the integrated Wi-Fi connectivity and works with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT and Apple HomeKit, so you can add it to the internet of things of your smart home and use voice commands and view live videos with it.
You will never miss a precious moment with your baby thanks to the live recording option which you can trigger via the Arlo App on your smartphone, which will store the recording in the cloud for free for the next 7 days.
The camera can be moved to temporary locations thanks to the fact that it is wireless, and works with a rechargeable battery. This means that you can take it with you when you are traveling or when you are visiting friends or family with the baby too.
If you don’t want to be limited at a certain distance when you are buying a baby monitor, then you should definitely pick this one, because it allows you to listen to, see and talk to your baby from any computer, tablet or smartphone, no matter where you are.
You can also share access to the video and sound feed to other members of the family or to close friends so that they can be part of the life of your growing baby too!
Last but not least, there is no doubt that this baby monitor is one of the cutest ones we have ever seen, and will the perfect accessory for every nursery!
If you want the best for your baby, and yet don’t want to break the bank for a reliable and versatile baby monitor, then we highly recommend you go for the AIWOGEP baby monitor.
It is affordable and yet is filled with features which will ensure that you are aware of every move and sound your baby makes in its nursery while you are in another room or outside.
You will be fed real-time Full HD video of your baby at 25fbs during the light hours and 12fbs at night.
The camera allows for a very wide viewing angle and a 350-degree pan and 105-degree tilt which can cover the entire nursery. This means no more blind angles and hidden spots when you are monitoring your baby in its room.
Thanks to the Wi-Fi connectivity of the monitor, you will receive real-time notifications on your phone when any motion is detected, and this motion detecting function will also eliminate the unnecessary need of recording hours of footage of the baby sleeping without moving.
The night vision of this baby monitor allows for a clear image and video of your baby in the dark from up to 35 ft. You can, in fact, mount the camera either on the ceiling, the wall or on the table without worrying about missing a sound or a movement of your little one day or night.
The Wi-Fi connection of this monitor is safe, and your recordings will be stored in a storage option of your choice (TF card expandable to 128 GB or to your own cloud storage space), so you don’t have to worry about the privacy of your family.
All you need to do is download the LittleElf app on your smartphone or tablet, and you will have full control of the functions of this incredible baby monitor.
The two-way audio feature allows you to listen to your baby as well as to talk to it whenever you want and from wherever you want.
At an amazingly reasonable price, you will receive the top quality Wi-Fi monitor, a 32 GB TF card, a micro USB cable, a DC adapter, and a mounting bracket.
You also will get a 30-day money back guarantee and a whole 1-year warranty from the manufacturer if you buy the AIWOGEP baby monitor.
So, this is most definitely one of the best deals for 2019, which you shouldn’t miss out on!
Our other best baby monitor picks for 2019
This is another reliable and easy to use baby monitor which has all the features and functions you will need to rest assured that you know what your baby is doing at all times.
- High definition 4-inch color LED display
- Real-time voice and video
- Easy and quick connection via a pairing button
- Two-way audio and talk intercom allows you to hear your baby as well as to talk to it and soothe it
- A clear night vision function so that you can see what is going on even in pitch dark conditions
- The screen will be switched on automatically when sound is detected
- A temperature sensor will inform you of the ambient temperature in the nursery
- The camera can be mounted on the wall or placed on a table
- Portable and easy to carry
- It can be paired up with up to 3 additional cameras
- Reliable 2.4 GH wireless transmission without delays and distortions
- Has 4 preset gentle lullabies which you can play to your baby remotely
- Simple to install and to use
Related: Best Strollers For Big Kids – Detailed Ranking (2019)
This is yet another baby monitor which will allow you to zoom in for a closer look at the baby, and also to play soothing lullabies to your little munchkin remotely.
- 4-inch high-resolution color LCD display with a 2x zoom magnification option
- 8 integrated infrared LED lights to monitor the activities of the baby, as well as automatic night vision
- A sensor for temperature monitoring will keep you up on the temperature level in the nursery at all times and will alert you if it falls below 55 degrees or goes up over 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- A two-way talking option so you can talk to your little one, and listen to it
- A range of up to 900 ft. and a warning when the monitor is out of range
- 4 recorded lullabies can be played remotely to comfort and put the baby to sleep
- Very simple installation – just plug the monitor and camera in
- The Li-ion battery of the monitor will last up to 8 hours in eco mode
- Portable and suitable for traveling
- Sold with a 3-month money back satisfaction guarantee
If you want a monitor which is very easy to set up and which provides you with all the live feeds and features you need to rest assured that your baby is alright, you should try out this Tenker baby monitor.
- The camera has a useful 2x digital zoom feature which allows for very close monitoring of the baby when necessary
- The camera can be tilted at 100 degrees and panned at 270 degrees for a truly wide view of the room which will capture everything
- The recording function allows you to record and store up to 32 GB on a TF card
- There is an automatic recording function triggered when a sound is detected
- The transmission range is up to 1,000 ft. at the line of sight
- The monitor has a sensor and alert for the ambient temperature in the room
- A useful nightlight will provide added comfort for you and the baby
- There are sound activated LED lights to alert you when the baby starts crying and of the intensity of the sound
- The device can play lullabies to your baby
- The monitor supports up to 4 cameras and can offer a split screen to watch all of them simultaneously
- Plug and play easy installation
- Works with rechargeable batteries
- The camera can be mounted anywhere
- There is an audio-only mode to save 50% of the battery
If you want a baby monitor with a larger screen, and with numerous nifty features, then take a closer look at the CasaCam BM200.
- Has a large 5 inch LCD touchscreen display
- A very user friendly interface available in 6 languages
- LED lights which will light up when sound is detected
- A display of the room temperature, and alerts when the temperature is too high or too low
- An audio-only mode will save up to 50% of the battery
- The HD camera can be panned and tilted so that the view of the room is complete with no hidden points
- The digital zoom will allow you to have a closer view of your baby when you want to
- You can talk to or sing to your baby thanks to the two-way audio option
- The monitor can play lullabies to your little munchkin
- You can mount the camera to the wall with the included mounting bracket
- The wireless FHSS transmission is completely safe and secure to guarantee your privacy
- You can expand the monitoring system to up to 4 cameras
- The system has a nightlight as well
- The system works with Lithium rechargeable batteries which means it is very portable
- The monitor is sold with a 100 days guarantee and the manufacturer will return your money if you are not satisfied with this product
- It comes with a 1-year warranty too
You can sleep soundly or relax fully with the help of this baby monitor from Babysense.
- A high-quality LCD display with full rich colors
- A safe and enhanced 2.4 GHz FHSS transmission technology for stable, real-time video and audio streaming as well as for ensuring your privacy
- You will receive crystal clear images and sounds at all times with this monitor
- 2x digital zoom for close-up views of your precious one
- Digital pan and tilt of the camera for a full view of the nursery
- The auto night vision will allow you to rest assured that the baby is OK even in the dark night
- The device has a range of up to 900 ft.
- The two-way talk function will allow you to calm down and talk to your baby from another room
- Has room temperature monitoring as well as low and high-temperature alerts
- The Eco mode is voice only and will double the life of the battery
- The LED indicator will let you know that the baby is crying
- Has preprogrammed lullabies
- An alarm option allows you to set up feeding, medication or other alerts
- Useful battery level indicator
- Warning when the device is out of range
- Intelligent Li-ion battery charging
- Made by Hisense, certified for compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
If you need a good quality baby monitor with an extra-long range, you should think about getting the Panasonic KX-HN3001W video baby monitor.
- Provides clear, secure and uninterrupted video and audio signal at an extra-long range of up to 1500 ft. thanks to the DECT technology which is stronger than the 2.4GHz ones
- You will get real-time smart alerts regarding room temperature changes, motion, and sounds
- You can customize the alerts by choosing LED light notifications, chime alerts, automatic screen on, as well as auto lullaby and white noise playback
- The battery is rechargeable and provides up to 13 hours of operation in standby mode and 5 hours of active use
- A bright 5-inch color monitor
- The wide eye camera can be mounted on the wall
- The camera can be panned and tilted or zoomed at any time via the monitor
- It provides very clear black and white night vision video
- Your baby will hear you clearly at all times thanks to the strong signal of the two-way talk feature
- The built-in library contains a wide choice of soothing lullabies and sounds – this can be turned on manually, or automatically when motion is detected
This smart baby monitor with a top quality full HD home camera will keep you aware of how your baby is at all times.
- Full-HD 1080P camera
- The video can be live streamed on smartphones, tablets or computers
- You will receive real-time push notifications when motion is detected
- The system has a reliable Wi-Fi connection
- The Micro SD slot allows for storing up to 128 GB of video, and saving them and playing them back on another device without removing the card
- The camera provides a panoramic view thanks to the tilt, pan and zoom functions
- Has a reliable night vision function
- The talkback option allows you to keep in touch with your baby from any room in the house
- Comes with a 1-year warranty and lifetime customer support
If you are shopping for an audio-only baby monitor, this Motorola baby monitor is definitely one of the best which we have tested this year.
- Very easy to install – just plug in and use
- Features a highly sensitive microphone which will capture all sounds from the nursery
- LED light indicators for the status of the monitor
- Useful nightlight and sound activated light functions
- A range of up to 165 ft.
- A reliable, safe and non-delayed stream thanks to the DECT wireless connection
- 9GHz FHSS technology provides perfect sound clarity and quality when listening to or talking to your baby
- An out of range warning will alert you whenever you step out of range
- This is an affordable audio only baby monitor
This Motorola baby monitor is probably one of our favorite versatile monitors for 2019.
- It can be used as a video and audio monitor, as well as a touchless thermometer for the baby and for liquids – just hold it at about ½ inches from the baby or the baby bottle for accurate reading of the temperature
- The 2.4 inch color LCD screen is nice and bright
- A 2-way communication feature will keep you in contact with your baby at all times
- Infrared vision for a clear of the baby in a dark nursery
- A reliable 2.4 GHz connection ensures timely alerts and real time audio and video streaming at all times
- The camera can be tilted and panned or moved remotely
- A highly sensitive microphone will detect even the weakest sounds
- A range of up to 520 ft. with an out of range alert
- Volume control of the parent unit
- A sound level and battery level indicator and low battery alert
Types of baby monitors and which type to choose
Overall, there are three main types of baby monitors available. There are audio-only ones, video baby monitors with a parent unit, as well as Wi-Fi monitors which connect to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
When you are deliberating on the type of monitor you need, the most important factor is your budget. Baby monitors which are audio only are relatively cheaper than those which provide real time audio and video streaming and motion and other alerts.
Even though the video baby monitors are very useful, the number one feature of the classic baby monitor is the sound, so make sure that whichever type you choose, it has proper sound detection.
Also, a good quality baby monitor will have an automatic sound activation feature which will keep you from having to listen to white noise all the time while the baby is napping and quiet.
You may want to choose a monitor which has a LED, sound or auto screen on function which turns it on when sound is detected.
If you choose to buy a video baby monitor, then make sure that you get one with decent video quality, as well as with night vision and motion sensors.
Most of the baby monitors on our list have top quality HD video and display resolutions and have night vision capabilities which will allow you to see what your baby is doing even when it is dark in the nursery.
For your convenience, we have picked a variety of video baby monitors which have cameras that can be zoomed, panned and tilted. This provides a wider angle and close up images of your baby, so you get a clear picture of exactly what is going on in the baby’s room without having to walk in it and disturb or wake the baby up.
Remember to choose a Wi-Fi baby monitor only if you have a reliable and strong wireless connection at home in order to ensure that the monitor works at all times without failure.
If you choose a monitor which streams video and audio to your devices, always check whether the monitor has safety features such as encryption so that you keep your family’s privacy secure.
What features to look for in a baby monitor
So, what exactly are the features which you should be looking for when shopping for the perfect baby monitor?
Here are some of the factors and features which we have taken into consideration when we tested all those baby monitors and when we made the decision about which ones are the best on the market for 2019:
A monitor or parent unit
While some baby monitors will connect to your phone, tablet or computer, many of them have dedicated monitors for receiving the audio and video feedback. If you feel like you are more likely to always have your phone handy rather than carry around an extra device, then you may want to skip on this type of baby monitors and choose one which will stream the content and alert you about sounds, motions and others directly on your phone.
Depending on the size of your home, as well as how you are planning to use the baby monitor, choose the one with the appropriate range. We have picked monitors with ranges from a few hundred feet to more than a thousand feet, so choose the one which will serve you best! Consider whether you live in a small apartment or in a large house, as well as your lifestyle and habits of spending time in your backyard or outside as well before picking the one which has a range of transmission suitable for your needs.
Camera resolution and features
Keep in mind that the higher the resolution of the camera, the more detailed the images and videos of your baby will be. Also, it is a good idea to pick a camera which can be tilted, panned and zoomed, so that you can choose a wider angle for a panoramic view, or zoom in for a closer view of your munchkin.
Of course, if you want to feel safe at night, you should get a baby monitor which has a camera with night vision features as well!
Audio quality and features
The ability to capture sounds is a crucial feature of any baby monitor, so buy one which has a reliable and sensitive microphone. You may want to consider buying a monitor which has a two-way talk function, which will allow you to talk to your little one or to your spouse from another room. Also, many of the monitors on our list have audio functions such as lullaby playing, white noise playback and others which can help soothe and put the baby to sleep.
We tested a number of monitors and have picked those which have a longer battery life, as well as eco battery saving modes and battery level indicators. Most of the cameras are plug-in devices, so they don’t rely on batteries, but the parent units need to provide sufficient battery life so that you can rest assured that you will be alerted about the baby waking and crying at any time of the day or night.
Many of the baby monitors which we have picked for you will alert you about too low or too high room temperatures, as well as about the humidity levels and the air quality in the nursery. We have one which can even take the temperature of your baby or the baby bottle. Others have alarms which you can set, as well as manual configuration of the alert types you receive in case of a sound, motion or a change in temperature or air quality.
Make sure that you check out the security features as well as the manufacturer’s security policy when purchasing a baby monitor. After all, you don’t want people listening on or watching your most intimate family moments, right? All of our top picks provide secure connections which will keep your personal stuff safe and sound from interference or from unauthorized access.
In our list, we have baby monitors which use the same frequency band as wireless speakers, cordless phones and others (2.4 GHz). This may cause static and interference in some cases. So, maybe you should opt for different frequencies such as 1.9 GHz called DECT. We have provided you with multiple options of both types in our top best list.
Warranty and return policy
Thankfully, many of our top picks come with a money back guarantee for the first 30 to 100 days after the purchase, so you can ensure that it is the best one for you, and if not – safely return it and get a refund with no questions asked. This is a great feature especially if you are a new and inexperienced parent.
Ease of setup
All of the monitors which we have picked are easy to set up. Usually, they just need to be plugged in and their batteries charges, so you can start using them immediately.
Screen quality and size
The better the resolution and the larger the screen size, the clearer and better the images you will receive on your monitor, so keep this in mind when shopping for a baby monitor with a parent unit with a display. If you are going with a model which streams the video to your smartphone, then the screen size of your phone or other device is what matters, along with the camera quality of course.
While as some of the cameras need to be mounted, others can stand on tables or shelves and are more portable. Think about whether you are planning on taking the monitor with you if you travel a lot before choosing the type which is best for you.
Luckily, most of the models we have picked for you provide you an option of being placed on a surface as well as be mounted, so you will have a choice.
The ability to move, zoom in and adjust the camera remotely is a very nifty feature, so you may want to pick one of our top choices for baby monitors which provide this option.
Whichever baby monitor from our top best list you choose, we are pretty sure that you will be happy with its performance and the resulting advantages for you. You will be able to spend more time relaxing, sleeping soundly or performing chores with a reliable baby monitor. You will also be able to stop feeling the urge of going to look at how your little one is doing in each and every moment of the day or night.
We have picked some of the most reliable, top quality and versatile baby monitors for you, from all price ranges and types, so hopefully, you have managed to pick out the best one to fit your needs and meet your expectations.
Get ready to get that peace of mind back which has been missing since you had a baby with one of these incredibly useful baby monitors!
Last update on 2019-09-18 at 23:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API