Does your cat have the habit of mewing and waking you up at 3 a.m., begging for a snack? You are not alone, most cat parents have experienced sudden hunger pangs like this.
With a good quality automatic cat feeder for wet food, you can ensure that you will sleep soundly through the night and that your furbaby will be happy and receive its midnight treat or meal on time.
Also, with a cat feeder like the top-rated Cat Mate C500, you can schedule up to five meals in the next 24-48 hours.
This means that your cat will get fed regularly without you having to rush home from work in the middle of the day, and also that you can get it its required medication right on time, even when you are not at home.
Read on to find out more about the best automatic cat feeders for wet food for 2020.
The Cat Mate C500 is affordable and will keep your furbaby’s wet food fresh and delicious.
The wet cat food dispenser by Cat mate includes five separate food compartments for five feedings. You can easily program the timer when you are away for the weekend or out of town for a few days, and rest assured that your kitty will have its favorite food available on time every time.
The maximum size of the meals you can fit in each of the five compartments of the C500 is ¾ lbs. You can fill all or some of them with dry food, as well.
With a nifty machine like this, you don’t need to worry about finding a reliable cat sitter or worry about your cat being hungry when you need to work late or spend the day or night away from home.
You can also set it to provide your kitty with meals and snacks without you having to get up in the middle of the night or pre-dawn. It rotates and works very quietly, so you don’t have to worry about being disturbed or woken when resting or sleeping.
- The cat feeder has two reusable ice packs, which will keep the food fresh and safe to eat for up to 15 hours.
- If you prefer, you can fill the compartments with dry food as well, or make one meal with dry and one with wet food, so your cat stays happy.
- The nifty automatic cat feeder for wet food is also suitable for small dogs and puppies.
- The digital timer of the automatic pet feeder is very easy to set and use. You can view the set times on the large LCD display
- The timer uses 3 AA batteries per year.
- Plus, the device is easy to clean and has a removable and dishwasher safe bowl and lid.
- Most importantly, you don’t have to worry about your pet breaking in the food compartment and eating all of the food inside the feeder at once, as it is designed to be tamper-resistant.
- You can also fasten it to a wooden board to keep it even more stable and safe from tampering by a curious pet.
- Its size if 12.2 x 11.89 x 3.7 inches, and is made of food-safe, BPA-free materials.
- It is easy to assemble, disassemble, and keep clean and sanitary.
Best of all, it is much less expensive than some of the other wet cat food dispensers on the market and is one of the most suitable automatic feeders for overnight meals and for both wet and dry cat or small dog food.
The runner-up in our list is a smart automatic cat feeder for wet food, which provides access to the food only to the kitty, which is “authorized” for it.
The feeder works with a SureFlap RFID collar tag or the pet’s microchip. Only the cats with registered microchip numbers will be able to eat food from this automatic feeder. You can register your pet’s implanted microchip numbers, as well.
The Sure Petcare feeder can store up to 32 microchip numbers and will open its lid only for the ones it recognizes.
This is a perfect solution if you have more than one cat, and they have different dietary needs and requirements.
Also, it will stop your pup from eating the cat’s food too.
The smart automatic cat feeder comes in a standard version, and also with a connect version with a hub for connecting to the useful Sure Petcare app which will help you monitor how much and how often your kitty eats, and watch its weight via the integrated scales on the feeder.
- The scale will enable you to implement perfect portion control, which is essential for the health of your pet, especially if it is overweight or has other issues.
- You can also monitor the feeding habits of your pet to notice any worrying changes which could indicate health issues.
- The smart wet cat food dispenser has a training function that will help the cats get accustomed to using it quickly and easily.
- The bowls are airtight and can fit up to two pouches (400mg) of wet food.
- It comes with a single bowl, a double bowl, and a silicone mat. You can use the double bowl to add both wet and dry food in each compartment.
- You can also use it to feed your cat medication or specialized dietary food.
- The dedicated mobile app will send you notifications about how much your cat is eating and how often.
- The feeder is powered by four C cell batteries, which can last for up to 6 months.
- It is 12.2 x 12.6 x 7.9 inches in size and weighs 3 lbs.
So, if you are into smart things and want to add another smart device to your smart home, this automatic wet food feeder for cats is an excellent choice.
Best budget-friendly option
The Cat Mate C300 is the less expensive version of our top-rated feeder on this list.
It is inexpensive, and has the same functionalities as the C500 but with only three meal compartments for three times feedings.
- Each of the compartments of the C300 fits up to 11.5-oz of wet or dry food. And it too comes with two ice packs to keep the food fresh throughout the day.
- The feeder is easy to program and clean. The bowl and lid are dishwasher safe, and the large LCD display will show you the times when the feeder will rotate and open up for kitty to enjoy its next meal or snack.
- The machine is powered by 3 AA sized batteries with a life of about 12 months.
- The affordable feeder is suitable for setting up daily feedings when you are at work, or nightly and early morning feedings when you are sleeping and prefer not to be disturbed.
- It is suitable for both cats and for smaller dogs. The overall size of the feeder is 9.1 x9.5 x 3.6 inches, and it weighs 1.55 lbs.
- This device is a perfect way to ensure that your cat is fed and happy when you are not at home, or when you are sleeping so that everybody in the household is satisfied.
It costs less than $40 and is sold with a 3-year guarantee. Made from BPA-free materials, this feeder is durable and will make life much easier for you and your furbaby.
The rest of the best automatic cat feeders for wet food for 2020
This wet cat food dispenser is another reasonably priced automatic feeder which will allow you to implement proper portion control, and ensure that your kitty has been fed in time even if you are not at home, or are busy with something else.
- It has a total capacity of 8-10L
- There are five compartments for five planned and timed meals
- Each compartment can fit up to 1.6 lbs. of dry cat food or 2lbs of wet food
- You can program the meals by setting an exact time
- The feeder is designed to prevent the food from getting locked or spilled while it is rotating
- You can rest assured that your furbaby will be fed in time every time
- It has a snap design which prevents cats and dogs from tampering with it and opening it
- You can record your voice calling your cat, so the machine plays it when it is meal or snack time
- The feeder works with 3 D sized batteries which will last for up to 8 months
- The food tray is BPA-free and safe
- It is very easy to set up breakfast, lunch, dinner and a fourth meal
- You can test whether the feeder is rotating properly with the added manual test
- The food tray is dishwasher safe
- The feeder can be used for cats, small dogs and with both dry and wet pet food
This automatic cat feeder by PetSafe is another convenient, inexpensive and easy to use wet and dry cat food dispenser which will help ensure that your kitty or small pup is fed when you are out or sleeping.
- Very reasonably priced automatic feeder
- The feeder has 5 separate bowls for 5 scheduled feedings
- Each bowl can hold up to a cup of dry, semi-dry or wet food
- The feeding times are set very easily in 1-hour increments
- The size of the feeder is 15.5 x 18 x 5 inches, and it weighs 3.28 lbs.
- The tray is dishwasher safe
- An excellent choice for cats that need to eat smaller portions more often
- Sold with a 12-month warranty
This automatic wet food dispenser for cats is the least expensive of the Cat Mate wet food feeders, but it is still an excellent option for scheduling two meals for your kitty.
- The feeder has two large bowls with a capacity of up to 1 lbs. of wet cat food
- The bowls and lids are easy to remove and clean, as they are dishwasher safe
- The Cat Mate x20 comes with an ice pack which helps keep the wet food fresh
- The timer can be set to up to 48 hours and will open each lid at the set time
- Its size is 10.45 x 3.38 x 8.5 inches, and it weighs 1.04 lbs.
- It works with an AA battery which is enough for 1 year of use
- The feeder comes with a 3-year guarantee
With this automatic feeder for wet food, you will not only be able to control the portions of your kitty but will also be able to protect its food from ants, bugs, and other insects. Plus, it will keep your kitty’s feeding area mess-free and neat.
- It is fitted with a motion-activated lid
- Suitable for homes with only one pet – a cat or small dog
- The sealed bowl can hold up to 13.5 oz. of wet or dry cat food
- When it closes, the lid becomes sealed via a neoprene lip, to keep the food fresh and to keep the bugs away, and the odors too
- The feeder has a non-skidding design so your pet won’t spill the food or create a mess while eating
- The feeder works with 4 C batteries with an estimated life of up to 6 months
- It has a low battery indicator
- You can choose between different colored SureFeed split bowls or single bowls
If you want to stop your cat from waking you up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack or need a way to schedule its next two meals, this automatic wet food feeder is a good and inexpensive choice.
- You can use it to program two feedings for the next 48 hours
- The feeder has a capacity of holding two meals of up to 1.5 cups of kibble or wet food
- You can schedule the meals for when you are gone, or when you are sleeping
- The lid of each compartment automatically opens at the preset time
- You can keep the wet food fresh by placing the included ice pack underneath each bowl
- You fill one compartment with wet food and the other with dry cat food
- It is an excellent way to control the portion sizes of your kitty
- The timer is powered by a single AA battery
- The feeding bowls are removable for easy cleaning in a dishwasher or manually
- No assembly is required
- The product is sold with a 12-month warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee
Features to look for when shopping for an automatic cat feeder for wet food
When you are buying an automatic wet food dispenser for your furbaby, there are several important features to look for.
The build quality
A good quality automatic cat feeder needs to be sturdy and tamper-proof. As all cat parents know, felines are pretty creative and curious creatures, and can easily break into the food compartments of poorly built or poorly sealed and secured feeders.
This will lead to overeating, weight gain, as well as deem the automatic feeder inefficient for planning the meal times and the portion sizes of your pet.
So, look for one which is properly built and which will withstand any theft attempts by your cat or other pets.
Also, a premium quality wet cat food dispenser should be able to keep the food fresh and safe for longer. This means that it must have an ice pack, or is well sealed to prevent the food from going bad over time.
This is the main difference between automatic feeders for wet food and those for dry food because dry food can last for much longer.
Scheduling the feeding times
Choose an automatic feeder that will provide you with the flexibility you need. If you need a feeder that you can schedule for the entire day or two, then look for one with an easy to set a timer –digital or analog.
Some of the feeders on our list are made without an option for scheduling the feeding, but rather prevent other pets for eating the food, or allow for your pet to eat whenever it wants to but without any insect or pest infestations.
The runner-up on our list enables you to register the microchip of your cat so that only it has access to the food bowl. It will also enable you to monitor how much the kitty eats every time, and how often it uses the automatic feeder.
If you have a greedy or overweight cat, it makes sense to choose a feeder that allows for scheduling the feeding and limiting the portions to healthy quantities of wet food.
The number of meals which can be provided
Depending on your needs, you should choose an automatic feeder that is capable of storing and providing the number of meals you need.
Some of the wet food dispensers can be scheduled to provide 5-6 meals per 24 to 48 hours. This is useful if you are out of home all day or want to have a good night’s sleep and rest and still make sure that your pet has regular meals and snacks.
With more compartments, you can interchange the meals and snacks and use both wet and dry cat food. You can also use them to give your cat the medication it needs at a specific time, or possibly reward it with a favorite treat at a prescheduled time of the day or night.
The battery life
Feeders with battery backup are more reliable because they will work even if there is a power failure. The batteries help save the timer settings and will open the lid and provide the kitty with its meal no matter whether there is a blackout or not.
Most of the automatic cat feeders on our list use batteries with very long life, so you won’t need to worry about replacing them every few months.
The size of the bowls
Most of the top cat feeders on our list have bowls that are sufficient in size to provide an average cat or small dog with the food it needs for each snack or meal.
Look for a feeder that has a bowl size, which is enough to keep your pet happy and properly fed.
Plus, the more food you can store in the feeder safely, the less often you will need to refill it. So, for optimal results, choose a feeder that offers the longest storage of the largest quantities of food, or the largest number of meals.
How easy it is to clean
All cat parents know that wet food is a messier option as compared to kibble. This is why you should make sure that your automatic cat food dispenser has bowls, lids, and other containers that come in contact with the food that are easy to remove and clean.
The majority of the feeders on this list have dishwasher safe bowls and lids.
Also, they are all made of BPA-free materials, so they are safe for your furbabies.
The noise level
Some dispensers for cat food can be quite noisy when they rotate, open their lids or otherwise open up the next meal for the day.
If you are planning on using the feeder while you and the rest of the household are sleeping, it is a good idea to look for one which operates quietly.
Some of the feeders have options for playing a voice recording or making a sound to alert the kitty that the meal is served.
While some automatic cat feeders are relatively inexpensive, some of the higher-end models are pretty costly, so you should check out what type of warranty is provided by the manufacturer or retailer before making a large investment like this.
Why do felines need wet food?
Since cats are carnivores, they do not need to eat too many carbohydrates. Dry cat food contains more carbohydrates than good quality wet cat food.
Also, kitties are not too fond of drinking water, so to keep them properly hydrated, you should feed them for wet food which will provide them with the water they need to stay healthy and well.
If you decide to add wet food to your cat’s diet, make sure you calculate how many calories it needs, and divide them in between the kibble and the wet food for every day.
How much wet food should you feed your cat?
The quantity of wet food you give to your furbaby depends on its age, its weight, size, its overall health, and its activity level.
An indoor cat or senior cat will require much fewer calories to be healthy and fit than a cat that spends all day or all night outdoors hunting, roaming and playing, or a younger and more active kitty.
Also, the portion size depends on the type and quality of food you have chosen for your pet. Higher quality food provides more nutrients, and thus the portion size could be smaller than less-nutritious food.
Pregnant and nursing moms need more calories too.
Speak to your vet if you have concerns about the quantity of food to feed your cat. Also, monitor its weight to determine whether you are feeding it enough and to prevent under or overfeeding it.
Remember that being overweight increases the risk of obesity, heart and mobility problems in felines and all other pets, and can seriously harm the health of your four-legged companion and shorten its life.
An automatic wet food dispenser for cats can save you the worries about having to rush home from work or elsewhere to feed your kitty on time, or to give it its medication.
Also, with a reliable wet cat food feeder, you can prevent getting woken up in the middle of the night by your hungry cat begging for a delicious meal or snack.
With some of these excellent automatic cat feeders, you can even ensure that your pet gets fed if you are away for the weekend without having to worry about finding a pet sitter for it.
As a whole, it is a good idea for any cat parent to have one of these clever devices, because even the most devoted cat owners need some time off and some time to relax without worrying about their furry friends.
Last update on 2020-09-28 at 01:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API