If you have hay fever, dust allergies or asthma, you are probably very well aware of the significance of having fresh and clean air at home. And even if you are perfectly healthy, it always helps getting to breathe clean air at all times, right?
Air purifiers are ingenious devices that help clean out the ambient air from pollutants, allergens, germs, and other harmful debris and microorganisms. Having an air purifier is essential if you live in a heavily polluted urban area.
It is also indispensable if somebody in your household suffers from allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems. An air-cleaning device is also highly recommended for households where there are small children, elderly people or people with health problems or weak immune systems.
Homes where there are pets, mold, kitchen fumes, smokers, or other pollutants, can also benefit from a good quality air purifying device.
Some common pollutants which can be found in the air that you breathe at home include different fungi spores, molds, viruses, bacteria, pollen, volatile organic compounds, dust, smoke, chemical fumes, and pet dander.
Thankfully, a good air purifier is able to remove some or all of these pollutants from the air you breathe at home via different cleaning and filtering systems and blows back the purified, fresh air inside.
We have tested and carefully reviewed a wide variety of air purifiers, to make your life easier and to help you pick the most suitable one for you.
Our tests and overall assessment were made based on a number of different features of these air purifiers. These include their efficiency, the types of filters they have, their air cleaning capacity, and their price.
We have also looked for additional convenient features such as air quality sensors or light sensors, timer options, types of controls, the price of the unit and the price of the replacement filters, longer warranties, and others.
Read on to find out which are our top picks for the best air purifiers for 2019.
For your convenience, we have summarized their specifications, and their pros and cons.
The Alen BreatheSmart Classic air purifier is among the best air cleaning appliances for 2019. It is completely customizable when it comes to what types of airborne particles and pollutants it can clean, and it also can be tailored to look great in any room or area up to 1,100 square feet.
- The purifier can be purchased with different types of filters for specific air purification needs, including: allergies and dust, mold and bacteria, pet dander and odor, and smoke and chemical
- All filter options are True HEPA
- The HEPA Pure filter is for cleaning pollen, pet hair, dander, dust or dust mites and is suitable for people with allergies and those with respiratory problems
- The HEPA Silver filter has three filtration levels (a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and a Carbon filter) and helps remove dust, mildew, mold, bacteria as well as some light odors
- The HEPA Fresh Plus filter will successfully remove VOCs from detergents, bleach, air fresheners, aerosol sprays, and furniture polish as well as strong odors and fumes from smoke, cooking, fireplace smoke and wildfires
- The HEPA Odorcell filter will absorb and destroy any nasty odors from any room, including pet smells, litter smells, baby diaper smells, cooking smells and others. It will also capture dust, pollen, and other allergens from the air
- It has a beautiful front panel which will blend in any interior, and you can choose its color from a wide variety of options including: oak, brushed bronze, brushed stainless, espresso, gold champagne, graphite, maple, white, rosewood, and weathered grey
- It is a powerful air cleaning device which can keep the air clean in rooms and areas sized up to 1,100 square feet
- The purifier is fitted with a SmartSensor which will automatically detect any pollutants in the air and will adjust the air cleaning speed accordingly
- The automatic detection feature helps preserve energy, prolong the life of the filter, and also saves you time and effort to adjust the air-purifying settings manually
- The light on the control panel will light up in different colors depending on the air quality inside – red for dirty air, yellow for average quality and blue for clean air
- The WhisperMax technology of the device will let you sleep, work and live in a quiet and peaceful environment thanks to the low noise of the machine which varies from 32.4 to 48.7 decibels
- It is Energy Star certified and uses 105 watts at its highest speed setting
- The control panel is easy to understand and set
- It has a timer which you can adjust for 4, 8 and 12 hours
- The purifier has four fan speeds, including a Turbo setting
- It has an optional ionizer option
- There is a filter indicator which will inform you when it is time to replace it
- There is a handle on the back of the appliance for easy mobility
- The air purifier is also available for other capacities, including up to 700, 800, 900, and 1,300 square feet
- The unit comes with a lifetime warranty and a 60-day satisfaction guarantee
- The size of the unit is 10 x 17.8 x 26.8 inches and it weighs 21 lbs.
- It is pricier than many of the other air purifiers in our list
The customizable Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large air purifier is an amazingly efficient air cleaning device. It is suitable for cleaning all harmful airborne pollutants in large spaces of up to 1,100 square feet.
You can buy the different types of top quality HEPA filters available for this unit, depending on your specific needs.
You can also choose the design of the panel which will suit your interior best.
Overall, this quiet, versatile, and easy to use air purifier will help you breathe better, lower your medical bills, and keep you and your family healthy and happy at all times.
Plus, it is sold with a lifetime warranty.
If you are looking for a medical-grade air purifier with a large capacity, then the Medify Air MA-112 could be the best option for you on the market in 2019.
- The purifier can clean the air to perfection in rooms and homes of up to 2,400 square feet
- It has a stunning 950 CADR for 3,700 square feet
- The unit provides Medical grade 3-stage True HEPA filtration from both sides of the device
- The H3 Medical Grade HEPA filter can remove lint, pollen, dust, mold, dust mites, lead dust, bacteria, pet dander, smoke, as well as all bacteria and virus carriers from the air
- With an air purifier like this, you will reduce your sick days and medical bills to a minimum
- There is a pre-filter which will capture larger airborne particles like pet hair, dust, and pollen
- The activated carbon filter will successfully absorb any odors from tobacco smoke, cooking, pets, and others
- It also has an optional anion generator which will refresh the air via negative ions
- The clean air is distributed back into the room from all directions (360 degrees)
- The appliance can clean the air in rooms and areas up to 3,700 square feet in just 1 hour, and a room of up to 2,700 square feet in 30 minutes, or a smaller room of up to 1,250 square feet in only 15 minutes
- It is powered by a quiet DC motor An easy to use control touch screen panel
- It has a color display to keep you informed of the air quality in the room or area
- It has four fan speeds to choose from
- There is an automatic mode which will allow the device to adjust the speed of the fan according to the quality of the air in real-time
- It has a child safety lock
- There is a sleep mode option for undisturbed sleep in a clean air environment
- The unit has a sleek and modern design
- There is a useful filter replacement indicator, and the filter is easy to change
- The average life of one filter is about 3,000 hours
- The device has hidden wheels for easy portability
- Its size is 13 x 15 x 28 inches, and it weighs 32 lbs.
- It is pretty expensive
The Medical Grade HEPA filter of the Medify Air MA-112 is an excellent option for people suffering from hay fever, or dust, pet or mold allergies. This purifier will help capture any airborne pollutants – large and small, as well as remove any unpleasant or harmful fumes and odors from the air.
It is among the most powerful air purifiers on our list and can clean the air of rooms and homes of up to 3,700 square feet.
The Air Oasis iAdapt air purifier has a unique air cleaning technology that uses 5 different filtering and air cleaning types to ensure that the air in your home or office is perfectly clean and safe to breathe. Plus, this air purifier will not only clean the air but the surfaces in your room too.
- The device has 5 air cleaning technologies including: advanced HEPA, Carbon filtration, AHPCO, and Bu-Polar ionization and UV
- The advanced true HEPA filter captures all microscopic airborne allergens including pollen, pet hair and dander, dust, dust mites, and smoke with an efficiency of up to 99.97%
- The Bi-Polar ionization helps remove any leftover microscopic particles from the air
- Thanks to the 2.8 lbs. of activated carbon, and the Bi-Polar ionization and AHPCO technology, the air purifier will absorb and destroy all odors and VOCs at a molecular level
- The Bi-Polar ionization and the germicidal UV technology can remove up to 99.99% of all bacteria, viruses, mold, and yeast from the air and from all surfaces of your home
- It works quietly and yet very efficiently
- It is perfect for homes where there are people with allergies, pets, smokers, people with respiratory problems or compromised immune system, and for homes where there is mold, mildew or VOCs and fumes
- The smart air purifier has Wi-Fi, so you can monitor the air quality and adjust its settings from your mobile phone or another smart device
- The auto mode allows the unit to adjust the fan speed according to the air quality
- The air purifier is available in different variants and sizes, including S for up to 250 square feet, M for up to 550 square feet, and L for up to 850 square feet
- The large size is 11.2 x 11.2 x 37 inches and weighs 28 lbs.
- The medium size is 11.2 x 11.2 x 28.3 inches
- The small size is 5.4 x 8.5 x 9.7 inches
- It is sold with a lifetime warranty
- It is pricy
With is five different filtering technologies, you can rest assured that the air in your home and office will be perfectly clean and fresh with the Air Oasis iAdapt air purifier.
It is a smart device that allows for remote monitoring and control of the air quality via a mobile phone, and thanks to its multiple air cleaning filters and technologies will also help keep your furniture and other surfaces inside clean as well.
The Bissell 2780A is an affordable, small-sized and quiet air purifier which is suitable for cleaning the air in bedrooms or other rooms up to 100 square feet.
- It has a 3-in-1 filter which includes a pre-filter, an activated carbon filter, and a high-efficiency filter for allergies
- The triple filter system can capture up to 99.97% of all airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns
- The purifier works great for removing pollen, dust, dander, and smoke from the air
- Thanks to the activated carbon filter any smells from cooking, smoking, pets or other will be successfully absorbed and removed from the air in the room, and so will be the VOCs from different chemicals, bleach, air fresheners, aerosol sprays, and others
- The pre-filter will trap larger pollutants such as pollen, hair, and dust
- It has a sleep mode and operates at a whisper-quiet level so you will not be disturbed when sleeping or resting
- It makes a soothing white noise when turned up to high speed too
- The device has three speed options
- The purifier is suitable for rooms up to 100 square feet
- There is a filter change indicator on top of the unit
- The appliance also has an optional night light feature which you can turn on or off as preferred
- The sound level of the purifier is 30-46 decibels
- It is compact and easy to move around (8 x 8 x 12 inches, and weighs 4.63 lbs.)
- The unit has a very small air purifying capacity suitable only for rooms up to 100 square feet
The Bissell 2780A is an affordable personal air purifier, which has three filtration layers and will successfully keep your room of up to 100 square feet allergen and pollutant-free.
It is compact, easy to carry around, and has all the functions you will need to ensure that you and your family are breathing fresh, odor-free and clean air.
The Levoit Vital 100 air purifier is reasonably priced and successfully purifies the air 3.3 times every hour in rooms of up to 300 square feet. It is easy to use, ozone-free and works quietly so you will not be disturbed at any time.
- The purifier has a True HEPA filter which can capture airborne pollutants and particles as small as 0.3 microns
- It also has a washable pre-filter which captures and traps the larger pollutants such as dust, hair, and others
- The activated carbon filter absorbs the bad smells and harmful fumes from tobacco smoke, cooking, as well as remove the harmful VOCs from the air
- It can help remove the dust, pollen, pet dander and hair, smoke, cooking odors and germs from the air
- The Vital 100 has a CADR of 130 CFM and is perfect for bedrooms, nurseries, living rooms, offices, and kitchens
- The unit has three fan speed levels – the lowest is suitable for rooms up to 139 square feet (it will clean the air completely 4.5 times every hour), the second speed is good for rooms of up to 185 square feet (and will clean the air 4 times per hour), and the highest speed is perfect for rooms up to 300 feet (3.3 air cleaning cycles per hour)
- The device is completely ozone-free and UV-C free
- It is whisper quiet and operates at a sound level as low as 29 decibels
- There is a filter replacement or cleaning indicator
- The filter has an average life of 6-8 months
- The replacement filter is reasonably priced
- It has a timer, so you can set it to shut off automatically
- The display can be switched off for undisturbed sleeping
- It is FCC and CARB certified and ETL listed
- The dimensions of the appliance are 12.8 x 6.4 x 16.1 inches
- It comes with a 1-year warranty which can be extended to 2 years for free
- None we could find so far
The Levoit Vital 100 is a powerful and reasonably priced air cleaning device. It will clean the air in rooms of up to 300 square feet more than three times per hour, and over 4.5 times in smaller sized rooms.
It has a quiet operation, and multiple useful functions to choose from.
Its filter will last for up to 8 months, and the replacements are not too expensive, so it is a wise long-term investment to make.
The Alen Fit50 is one of the most powerful and yet quiet air purifiers on the market. It is suitable for homes where there is mold, as well as for households where there are small children or elderly members of the family with weaker immune systems.
- It can clean the air in rooms up to 900 square feet once every 30 minutes for pristine air quality 24/7
- It features the Alen WhisperMax technology which allows the fan to work quietly and with a soothing pink noise for better sleep
- It is perfect for homes where there is mold, fungi, bacteria, allergic people or people suffering from respiratory illnesses
- The air purifier has a HEPA Silver filter which is coated with an antimicrobial and anti-fungal coating
- It also has a 1 lb. activated carbon filter which absorbs any smells, tobacco and fireplace smoke, kitchen smells and VOCs
- The unit is fitted with a Laser Smart Sensor which can detect airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns and adjusts the fan speed accordingly to keep the air perfectly clean
- There is a nifty air quality indicator light which will let you know the current condition of the air in the room at all times
- When switched to Auto Mode, the purifier adjusts its air cleaning speed according to the quality of the air which saves energy, prolongs the filter life, and also makes life easier for you
- The premium air purifier has a CFM of 110 at speed 1, a CFM of 142 at speed 2, a 192 CFM at speed 3, and a 231 CFM in Turbo mode
- The appliance has an optional negative ion ozone-safe ionizer option for even more efficient airborne pollutant trapping
- The design of the air purifier is beautiful and stylish, and you can pick among 14 different designer panels which will fit any décor
- It is also available with HEPA filters for allergies and dust, for pet dander and odor as well as for chemicals and smoke
- The running life of the filter is approximately 9 to 12 months
- It is an excellent emergency air cleaning device for areas where there are wildfires
- The size of the unit is 10 x 16.75 x 22.25 inches and weighs 16 lbs.
- It is sold with a lifetime warranty by Alen
- The replacement filters are on the higher-end when it comes to price
The Alen Fit50 Silver is a high-end, premium quality air purifier. Its filter is protected from fungal and bacterial growth and will work for 9-12 months before it needs to be replaced.
It may be a pricy device, but given all of the health benefits it will provide, it is an investment that is definitely worthwhile, especially for people with health problems, as well as for young children or elderly people who have weaker immune systems.
Of you want a premium quality and highly efficient air purifier but are not ready to break the bank for a really expensive one, the Levoit LV-PUR131S is an excellent option. It is sold at a reasonable price for the value offered and the air cleaning efficiency and smart features provided.
- It has a True HEPA filter which can be checked for the life remaining at all times via the smart app and the special scientific algorithm used to calculate exactly how much months it will last
- The Honeycomb active carbon True HEPA filter is 30% more efficient than regular HEPA filters and can clean the air 30% faster than them
- It successfully traps dust, pet dander, allergens, mold, smoke and odors from the air
- It also helps reduce the dust on the surfaces, so you will have less cleaning to do
- The device has 3 speed settings and an Auto mode
- The unit will clean the air of a room up to 360 square feet 4.5 times per hour
- The purifier has built-in Wi-Fi so you can monitor the air quality in your home, and adjust the settings of the device from wherever you are via your mobile phone and the useful VeSync app
- It also can be voice-controlled and is compatible with Google Assistant, Alexa and IFTTT
- You can set the timer from your phone and customize the purifier to turn on and off at a certain time every day
- The timer can be set from 1 to 12 hours, for one-time-only or for certain days or every day
- There is an Auto mode which allows the device to adjust its fan speed according to the air quality automatically
- It also has a Sleep mode
- You can manage all of your other Levoit and Etekcity devices via the VeSync app
- The CADR rating of the device is 135+
- Its noise level is whisper quiet – only 27 decibels
- The device is Energy Star, CARB, and FCC certified, and ETL and SE listed for quality and safety
- It is 21.5 x 17.2 x 10 inches in size and weighs 15.2 lbs.
- Some users claim that they receive a replace filter alert earlier than a replacement is actually necessary
The affordable Levoit LV-PUR 131S is a quiet and yet efficient air purifier. It is the perfect appliance for people who want to add more smart devices to their smart homes.
It is compatible with Alexa, IFTTT and Google Assistant, and also comes with a very useful mobile app for remote monitoring and control.
The device is fitted with a highly efficient Honeycomb True HEPA filter with activated carbon, so you can expect the air in your home to become much cleaner and healthier as soon as you start using the LV-PUR 131S.
If you need a premium quality air purifier which will keep the air in an area up to 1,500 square feet clean and fresh, then you should consider investing in the Austin Healthmate+ air purifier.
- The Superblend filter of this purifier includes HEPA and a carbon-zeolite mix as well as potassium iodide which allows it to clean and remove any harmful volatile organic chemicals from the air
- The filter also has 15 lbs. of granular carbon which will absorb any smells and bad odors, as well as the smoke from the air
- It has a capacity of cleaning the air in rooms and homes of up to 1,500 square feet
- The Medical Grade HEPA filter will remove the airborne pollutants, as well as microscopic bacteria and viruses from the air in rooms up to 60 square feet
- The unit is fitted with a centrifugal fan which can be adjusted to 3 speeds, and which is powered by a long-life powerful motor
- The motor is placed on shock absorbers so there is minimum vibration and noise
- The fan rating is 400 CFM at the highest setting for areas of up to 1,500 square feet
- The size of the unit is 23 x 14.5 x 14.5 inches, and it weighs 45 lbs.
- It has easy rolling casters so you can move it around the house with ease
- The device intakes the air from 360 degrees through its strong and durable perforated steel housing
- It is coated with baked-on powder coat finish
- The airflow output is from the upper side of the appliance and can be directed to any side
- The filter can be accessed and replaced easily via the removable bottom deck
- It is UL, CSA and CE approved
- The purifier is suitable for providing you with safe and clean air in regions affected by wildfires
- It is sold with a 5-year warranty
- There is no filter replacement indicator on the device
The Austin Healthmate+ is another premium quality air purifier that can help clean the air in rooms and homes of up to 1,500 square feet.
The device uses a special Superblend filter which combines a Medical grade HEPA filter with a carbon-zeolite mix, capable of trapping and eliminating all airborne allergens, pollutants, viruses, bacteria as well as odors, smoke and gases from the air.
It operates quietly and with minimal vibration.
The top quality Blueair Classic 480i air purifier uses a unique HEPASilent technology to electrify the airborne pollutants, then capture them and trap them inside. It is a smart and efficient air cleaning device that is capable of capturing airborne particles of all sizes down to just 0.005 – 0.1 microns.
- It has a capacity of cleaning the air in rooms up to 434 square feet
- The HEPASilent technology attracts and traps the dust, pet dander, mold, smoke, viruses, and pollen from the air efficiently, quickly and quietly
- It is certified by AHAM for CADR 200 CFM for dust, 200 CFM for pollen, and 189 CFM for smoke in rooms of up to 279 square feet
- The dual protection filters also provide protection against odors and gaseous pollutants like formaldehyde and VOCs thanks to the activated coconut carbon
- The device has an air quality sensor which will detect any pollutants and will adjust the fan speed accordingly when set to Auto mode
- The smart air purifier is Wi-Fi enabled and allows for monitoring the air quality and adjusting the settings via a mobile app
- It has a useful timer, which you can use to schedule when the device should turn on and off once or every day
- In Night mode, the air purifier is whisper silent and all of its lights are switched off
- It is also compatible with Alexa for easier voice command control
- The control panel is very intuitive
- It has 3 fan speed settings and an Auto mode
- There is an indicator light which will inform you when it is time for replacing the filter
- The unit is Energy Star rated and all of its filters are completely recyclable
- It has zero ozone emissions
- The size of the unit is 15.5 x 25 x 28.4 inches, and it weighs 42 lbs.
- The filter life is about 6 months
- Some users have had problems with the internet connectivity of the device
The BlueAir Classic 480i air purifier is a smart device with multiple useful functions that are easy to access, set and adjust remotely or directly.
It is safe, energy-saving and eco-friendly, and will clean the air from any airborne pollutants, allergens, viruses, and bacteria.
This is definitely one of the best air purifiers money can buy in 2019.
If you want an air purifier that is powerful and will not be too expensive to keep on working for years, then we suggest you invest in the Airdog X5 air purifier which works with washable and reusable filters.
- The air purifier is capable of cleaning the air in rooms of up to 300 square feet in just 20 minutes
- The device is suitable for rooms of up to 450 square feet
- It provides multi-stage filtration which is more powerful than HEPA for not only removing but also destroying the allergens, dust, mold, pet dander, smoke and mold from the air
- The filters are reusable and washable which will save you tons of money for replacement filters
- The filtering system includes a pre-filter for the larger particles, emitter wires for killing germs and bacteria, an ionic field for collecting and eliminating viruses and bacteria, collecting plates for the harmful airborne particles, and ozone removal
- The special Ionic Wind Technology is capable of cleaning the smallest airborne particles with a size as small as 0.0146 microns which is something most of the other True HEPA air purifiers cannot do
- It has a much higher cleaning capacity than normal HEPA filters
- It removes 99.99% of the allergens, formaldehyde and any other harmful pollutants and particles from the air
- The purifier is efficient in cleaning pollutants, odors, dust, smoke, pollen, pet dander, bacteria and viruses from the air inside
- It is eco-friendly, and waste-free, and needs to have its filters washed once in every 6 to 12 months depending on your air quality and usage
- The device works at 22 decibels in night mode
- It has 4 different wind speed modes
- The unit is made of safe and fire-proof materials
- There is a child safety lock for preventing the little ones from playing with the settings
- The device has 6 different useful operating modes
- It utilizes an ionic wind filtration technology which is highly efficient and yet almost completely quiet
- There is a built-in air quality sensor which will display the condition of the air in real-time
- It also has a nifty Sleep mode
- The device can connect to the dedicated mobile app via Wi-Fi for remote control from a mobile phone
- You can use the mobile app to monitor the air quality, to adjust the settings, set the timer, and other functions remotely
- You don’t need to use a Wi-Fi or mobile app to control the settings if you prefer not to
- It is very easy to set up even if you are not tech-savvy
- Its size is 22.59 x 12/44 x 12.05 inches, and it weighs 23.59 lbs.
- The purifier has a maximum power input of 60 watts
- It is EPA compliant and CARB certified
- The device makes a loud beeping sound when switched to Night mode
Unlike the other air purifiers on our list, the Airdog X5 uses a special Ionic Wind Technology which is much more powerful than the regular HEPA filtration systems used by other air purifiers.
The good news is that not only will this air purifier remove even the tiniest airborne particles from the air in your home, but you will also save a lot of money and hassle for having to replace its filters.
The filters are washable and reusable which makes this smart machine eco-friendly, money-saving and perfect for those of you who want to breathe the cleanest air possible.
If you like versatile appliances, you will love the Dyson Pure Hot and Cool Link HP02 air purifier. It works not only as an air cleaning device but is also an excellent and powerful cooler in the summer and heater in the winter.
- With triple functionality, this is a very versatile air purifier which works as a heater, cooler and air purifier
- It can be used as an air purifier without the heating or cooling fans on
- The air purifier will work for rooms up to 300 square feet
- The air purifier uses a HEPA filter which removes up to 99.97% of the airborne allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, including dust, pollen, mold, pet dander, and bacteria from the air
- The purifier has a second filter layer made of active carbon which helps trap any odors, smoke, and VOCs
- The filter life is about 1 year, and the app will alert you how many hours of filter life are left
- The device is certified as Asthma and Allergy Friendly and has also been awarded a Quietmark certification
- The air purifier has a sensor which detects the air quality and automatically reacts to clean any pollutants
- It is Wi-Fi enabled so you can control the device via the mobile app on your phone or via voice control through an Alexa device
- It has an auto mode, as well as a night time mode, and a sleep timer
- It is safe for children and pets
- The device is easy to clean
- Its size is 8.7 x 6 x 24.9 inches, and it weighs 8.62 lbs.
- It is limited to rooms of up to 300 square feet only
The Dyson Pure is one of the most versatile of all air purifiers on our list. It is not only an amazing air cleaning device but can also be used as a cooling or heating device.
It is suitable for rooms of up to 300 square feet and is Wi-Fi enabled so you can control it via your mobile phone or with voice commands if you have an Alexa device.
This air purifier is capable of removing 99.97% of the allergens from the air, as well as any smoke, odors and other harmful gaseous pollutants from the air.
If you want a powerful and yet quiet and compact, great looking air purifier, we can strongly recommend the Coway Mighty Air Purifier. It has multiple filters and features which can efficiently deal with even heavily polluted air.
- It uses four levels of filtration – a pre-filter for the large particles, an activated carbon filter for the odors, gases, smoke, and other air pollutants, a HEPA filter capable of capturing 99.98% of the tiniest particles and an ionizing system for freshening the air
- Three-speed settings
- Suitable for heavily polluted air
- A particle sensor technology will check the quality of the air in the room, and will automatically switch into high power if too much pollution is detected after the air reaches healthy levels, the fans will shut off for energy saving
- The ozone released from the ionizing system is safe and certified by CARB
- Suitable for people with all kinds of respiratory problems and sensitivities
- It works best in areas of 350 square feet
- A filter replacement indicator
- A useful timer
- Very attractive design
- Reasonably priced unit and replacement filters
- The indicator light on the unit can be a bit bright if you keep the purifier in your bedroom and want complete darkness
The Coway Mighty Air Purifier is a superb air purifier which has various speed settings, automatic sensors for detecting polluted air, as well as auto slowing down once the air is nice and fresh. It uses 4 different filtering systems to ensure that nearly 100% of the pollutants from the air in your room are removed. It is easy to use, has a useful timer and is certified as safe from harmful ozone release. This is the perfect air purifier to go for if you are allergic, have pets, live in a polluted area, or have a sensitive respiratory system.
It is fairly priced and is quite reasonably priced in the long run with all additional filters and costs associated with it.
If you are really worried about bacteria and viruses in your home, or somebody in the household has a compromised immune system, you are definitely in need of the GermGuardian 3-in-1 Air Purifier. This unit can successfully filter out and clean off the majority of viruses and bacteria in your home.
- Uses UV light combined with titanium dioxide to kill off bacteria and viruses including those which cause flu, colds, staph infections, and others
- Features an activated charcoal filter which can catch all smells, smoke, and gases from the air of your room
- An additional HEPA filter removes almost 99.97% of all airborne particles in the air including dust mites, pet dander, mold, pollen, dust, and others
- The UV light bulb has 20,000 hours of life
- 3-speed options
- The activated carbon and HEPA filters are combined in one, so there is only 1 combo filter to change every 6 to 8 months
- An indicator light will inform you when it is time to change the filters
- Works for rooms up to 155 square feet
- It has a small footprint thanks to the tower-like structure – dimensions: 7 x 10.2 x 21.5 inches, 7 lbs.
- It is safety certified
- The device is reasonably priced
- The combo filter can be expensive
This is an affordable, multifunctional air purifier which will refresh the ambient air, and will allow you to breathe better, without congestion due to the airborne particles in the air and other allergens. It has a UV system that effectively kills germs, which means that you will save tons of money on flu and cold medicines, as well as for allergy medication.
It is easy to set and requires minimal maintenance. Overall, this is an excellent, certified air purifier that will make your home much safer and healthier to live in.
Do you want an air purifier that can do all the filtering and cleaning of the air in your room while you are at work, or outdoors? With the PureZone 3-in-1 air purifier, you can set the timer and let the device do its work, and then return home to healthier and cleaner air.
- A versatile device with a HEPA filter for the airborne debris, a UV-C light which kills off all harmful microorganisms like viruses, germs, fungi and dust mites, an activated carbon filter which will remove any odors, gas or fumes, and a pre-filter for the larger particles
- The whisper-quiet operation at a mere 30dB which is perfect if you use the purifier at night
- Easy setup – the device is ready to use straight out of the box
- A timer function allowing you to program the air purifier to work for 2, 4 or 8 hours and then switch off for energy conservation and extending the life of the filter
- An attractive design
- Easy to access and use control panel
- A 3-speed fan
- An indicator for filter resetting
- Has a sleep mode for even quieter functioning, and also switches off the indicator lights
- It can be used in rooms up to 200 sq.
- The dimensions are: 10.8 x 6.9 x 12.1 inches, 8.6 lbs.
- Very little maintenance is required – periodic washing or vacuuming of the pre-filter, and replacing the 3-in-1 filter every 6 or more months
- Comes with a 5-year warranty, and also has very useful customer support available 7 days a week
- It is a smaller unit which is suitable for smaller spaces only
The PureZone 3-in-1 has a convenient timer, and not only will it filter out the small and larger particles out of the ambient air, but it also will kill off all kinds of bacteria, viruses, and other allergens and harmful microorganisms.
It is easy to set up – straight out of the box. The air purifier needs very little maintenance, and most importantly it is sold with a 5-year warranty, which is much longer than most of the other purifiers we have reviewed.
With the PureZone 3, your home will immediately be filled with fresh and pure air which is a pleasure to breathe!
Do you want an air purifier that doesn’t require that you replace the filters every 6 months or so? With the Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0, you will just need to turn it on and forget about it for up to 3 years before having to replace the filters.
- The unit is capable of filtering the air in a 625 sq. ft. room twice per hour
- Highly efficient BioGS HEPA and carbon filtration with 4 different stages of purification, odor removal and deodorizing
- The filters can last for up to 3 years with 12 hours of operation per day which is very economical in the long run
- The BioGS HEPA filter traps and reduces common airborne allergens and particles as small as 0.3 microns, and reduces the risk of the buildup of allergens and microorganisms on the filter itself
- The pre-filter which captures the larger particles is easy to wash and vacuum
- An ultra-quiet motor
- 5-speed settings
- An LCD display, touchscreen controls, and a remote control
- Great looking and functional design
- Energy Star certified for energy saving
- A filter indicator will inform you when the filter needs cleaning or replacing
- The indicator lights will shut off when the unit is idle – for energy saving and for undisturbed sleeping
- Winner of several prestigious international awards
- 6 x 9.8 x 22.2 inches, 16.8 pounds
- Comes with detailed and easy to understand instructions
- A 5-year warranty and 24/7 very useful customer care support
- It is more expensive than some of the other items in this list
This Ultra Quiet Rabbit air BioGS air purifier is definitely among our top favorites. Not only does it provide ultimate air filtering, freshening and deodorizing, but it doesn’t require expensive replacements of the filters every 6 months like some of the other units. You just have to dust or vacuum the filters periodically to keep them functioning properly.
It is very quiet, has 5 different speed settings and can filter and refresh the air in rooms up to 625 square feet. Of course, if you are allergic or prone to respiratory problems, you may want to use it in smaller rooms to double the unit’s efficiency!
Also, it is an energy-saving unit, so you won’t have the electricity bills bulking up after you start using it.
Yes, it may be more expensive than some of the other air purifiers in this list, but overall, this is a great investment to make for a healthier and cleaner environment at home!
If you need a small-sized and yet efficient air purifier which you can carry around with you around the house or to the office, you should try out the Levoit Air Purifier. It is very compact and operates via a 3-stage filtering system which will provide you with the fresh and clean air you need to stay healthy and well.
- An excellent solution for air purifying in an air-conditioned room
- Also great for cleaning the air in the house of smokers
- Removes common allergens such as pollens, pet dander and hair, mold, and other pollutants
- A 3-stage filtrating system including a pre-filter, a TRUE HEPA filter, and an Activated carbon filter
- Affordable price
- Very compact size – can be placed on a bedside table (8.5 x 8.5 x 14.5 inches, 6.61 lbs.)
- Removes 99.7% of the tiniest airborne particles from the air
- 100% ozone-free without Ions or UV
- Low, medium and high-speed settings
- A low noise level of 50 dB
- Energy-saving device
- Features a nightlight with 2 brightness levels
- Very easy setup – all you have to do is remove the bad from the filter and plug it in
- A 2-year warranty, plus lifetime customer support
- Available at a very reasonable price
- The buttons are very sensitive and produce a high pitched sound which is not removable
The Levoit air purifier is a fine little air cleaning machine, which is suitable for just about any home or office. It will remove all nasty odors, any harmful fumes, and smoke, as well as trap and remove smaller and larger airborne debris, dust, mold, pet dander, hair, and all other allergens and harmful pollutants from the air in your home.
It is easy to set up and use. You can use it as a convenient night light and enjoy breathing fresh air all day and all night long with the help of this affordable and efficient air purifier.
The 3-stage filter system can work at 3 speeds, and needs a filter replacement just once in a year or every 6 months, depending on the use and the pollution levels.
It is affordable, portable and does have a great effect, which you will feel as soon as you plug it in. It is definitely recommended for smokers, pet owners, and people with allergies and for all people who live in polluted areas.
Are you shopping for a reliable air filter that can successfully clean the air in large rooms? This Honeywell Allergen remover air cleaner has a capacity to filter out pollutants in the air of rooms up to 465 square feet.
- Filtering capacity for areas of up to 465 sq. ft.
- 4 air cleaning settings – Germ, Allergen, General Clean and Turbo
- A pre-filter captures the larger debris
- An activated carbon filter for the absorption of odors, VOC, gases, and fumes
- Auto shut off timer for 2, 4 or 8 hours
- The air is filtered and circulated 5 times an hour
- A useful and easy to use control panel
A light dimmer available for your comfort
- HPA300 filtering, germ removal as well as capturing airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns
- The Turbo setting can be used for heavily polluted rooms
- Easy maintenance – the pre-filter should be replaced every 3 months, the HEPA filter -once a year. You will be reminded via the useful filter indicator light
- Quiet operation
- A space-saving design – the unit sucks in the air from the bottom and releases the filtered air from the top air grate
- The replacement filters can be quite expensive
The Honeywell True air purifier is a powerful and yet quiet air cleaning device, suitable for large spaces. It can filter out about 99% of all airborne pollutants from the ambient air and ensures that it is fully filtered about 5 times per hour.
It is perfect for people with allergies, respiratory problems, pets, smokers, as well as those who live in polluted areas.
You will be amazed at how easy it is to breathe once you start using this remarkable air purifier.
Are you tired of dusting and cleaning your home on a daily basis? With the Winix 5500-2, you will find that the need for dusting all surfaces and washing the floors will reduce significantly only after a few days of use.
This is a powerful, reliable and very easy to use air purifier, which will change your life, as it will improve the quality of the air in the house, and pretty soon any allergies, congestions, eczemas and other conditions you may suffer from will begin to improve.
- The HEPA filter will ensure that 99.97% of the pollutants in the air are eliminated – this includes pollen, dust mites, pet dander, and other microscopic allergens
- The AOC carbon filter is washable and will absorb any nasty odors, fumes, and smoke
- A PlasmaWave system provides ozone-free continuous filtering of odors, chemical fumes, allergens, and other airborne pollutants
- The unit has a Smart Sensor which will detect any changes in the air quality and will adjust the fans in accordance
- The sleep mode provides ultra-quiet and dark nighttime operation
- The purifier is CADR rated and AHAM certified for areas up to 360 square feet so it is suitable for medium to large rooms
- It works with a 3-stage filtering system
- There are 4 fan speeds to choose from – low, medium, high and turbo speed
- A LED display will continuously display the quality of the air in real-time
- The display has a useful auto-dim feature
- The filter replacement indicator will let you know when the time has come for filter changing. In general, the Carbon pre-filter has to be changed every 6 months and the HEPA filter has to be replaced once a year
- The unit is Energy Star certified, so it will not bulk up those electricity bills
- You can control the unit via the control panel or the useful remote control
- Dimensions are: 15 x 23.6 x 8.2 inches, 15.4 lbs.
- Plays a sound when turned on and when pressing the buttons, which can disturb others if used at night
The Winix 5500-2 is an excellent air purifier, which you can set to filter the air and leave the house without feeling anxious about turning it off. It will automatically shut off when it is done.
Also, the smart sensor will inform you when the air in the room is clean, and when it needs filtering. You can set it to automatic mode and it will switch on and off depending on the current air quality.
It is perfect for night time use as long as you don’t press the buttons, as they do beep. Otherwise, the sleep mode is ultra-quiet, and the lights come off so that you can sleep undisturbed and breathe fresh air during the night.
Overall, this is a great air cleaning product, which requires very little maintenance, and which you can rely upon to remove nearly all allergens, pollutants, dust mites, pet dander, and other debris from the air in your home safely and efficiently!
If you are tech-savvy and want to add your air purifier to the Internet of Things at home, you should definitely check out the beautiful Rabbit AirMinusA2 air cleaning device.
This amazing unit will provide efficient germ defense, remove odors, absorb toxins and help reduce the quantity of pet dander and hairs in the air that you breathe.
- Features an advanced 6-stage BioGS HEPA filtration, purification, and deodorization system
- Stage 1 is the pre-filter which is washable and doesn’t need to be replaced – this stage traps the large pollutants from the air such as hair, dust, pollen, and others
- Stage 2 is the medium filter which captures airborne pollutants larger than 1 micron such as pet dander, pollen, and mold
- Stage 3 is the BioGS HEPA filter which can capture particles and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Stage 4 is the customized filter – you can choose from Pet Allergy, Germ Defense, Toxin Absorber or Odor Remover customized filters
- Stage 5 is the charcoal-based activated carbon filter which absorbs odors from cooking, smoke, fumes, and others
- Stage 6 is the Negative ion generator stage which produces ions for freshening the air and for fortifying the air indoors
- Can filter the air of rooms and areas up to 815 square feet – it will filter all of the air twice an hour
- Can be connected to your home Wi-Fi network and be controlled via the iOS Rabbit Air App – you can use the app to monitor the air quality, switch the unit on and off and control it from wherever you want
- It can be installed on a wall (it comes with a wall mounting kit) or used as a standalone unit
- Comes with a 5-year warranty as well as 24/7 technical support
- Can feature a customized front panel with different pictures, including images by Van Gogh, Monet, Hokusai, as well as fun-filled animated images including Peanuts and Hello Kitty
- A useful timer allows you to set the purifier to start and stop whenever you prefer, even if you are not home
- Adjustable LED light display
- An adjustable calming mood light as well as a quality indicator light
- A light sensor will switch the unit to sleep mode automatically when the light is low
- Ultra-quiet operation from 20.8-45.6 dB
- The filters will last for about 2 years with 12-hour operation a day
- Energy Star rated for energy conservation
- Has a remote control
- Dimensions are 7 x 21.4 x 20.2 inches, 19.4 lbs.
- It is rather pricey, and so can be the replacement filters for it
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is a sleek and beautiful air purifier that can filter the air in rooms up to 815 square feet. It has a 6 stage filtering system, one of which is customizable in accordance with your needs depending on whether you want to use the device for odor elimination, for reduction of allergens, for germ removal or for the absorption of toxins from the air.
You can connect it to your Wi-Fi network and monitor and control the status of your air and air purifier through the useful mobile app.
This Rabbit air purifier has an automatic sleep function, a smart sensor, a mood light as well as a beautiful panel which you can customize with a classic painting or cartoon.
Overall, this is an excellent, modern and highly efficient air purifier, which is highly recommended for those of you who want the best of the best when it comes to ensuring that the quality of the air that you breathe is perfect.
Studies show that the sales of air purifiers worldwide has been rapidly increasing since 2010, and the forecasts are that it will continue growing in the next 5-10 years.
The main reasons for this tendency include:
- The growing awareness of the impact of indoor pollution on the health
- The increased environmental pollution due to harmful emissions
- The growing number of people suffering from allergic respiratory, skin and other disorders
- The increasing quality of the HEPA and other modern filtering systems
The different air purifiers use different air cleaning systems and technologies to filter out the ambient air. This can include filtering, burning, ionizing or irradiating the air.
Here are the most common air purification methods used by manufacturers today:
- Thermodynamic sterilization
- HEPA filters
- UV germicidal irradiation
- High-efficiency MERV 14
- Activated carbon
- Ionizer purifiers
- Polarized-media air cleaning
- Photocatalytic oxidation
- Ozone generators
- Titanium dioxide technology
As you can see, the variations of the air purifiers are so many that it is really tough to choose the best one for your needs.
What you need to consider when picking the best air purifier is what exactly you will be using the purifier for. Is it to eliminate odors from chemicals, pets or cigarette smoke? Is it to minimize the airborne allergens in the air? Will you be using it to kill off germs, viruses, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms? Do you have somebody in the household who has special air quality needs?
Once you sort this one out, you can pick the air purifiers which are rated best for the purpose you need them.
Then you can start sorting the air purifiers by the capacity of the rooms they can handle, as well as by the size of the unit.
The number of cleaning and filtering systems used, as well as the specific types of filters utilized by the purifier, is also essential. You need to choose the best filtering system which will satisfy your needs and meet your expectations.
Another crucial feature is the control and setting of the unit. Does it have an easy to use control panel, a remote control, or maybe a mobile app to make monitoring and controlling it easier?
Also, look for features such as automatic switching on if a lowered quality of the air is detected, an automatic switch to sleep mode when it gets dark, a dimmable indicator and lights, and other useful features.
Of course, the price is probably the most decisive factor. Remember to check out the price tags not only of the unit of your choice but of the replacement filters, light bulbs and others as well. Plus, do some calculations about how much the unit will cost you per year given the recommended period for replacing the filters.
Don’t forget to look at the warranty period, as well as the usefulness and availability of customer care, replacement part, and service.
All of these pointers should help you make up your mind about the best air purifier.
In today’s world of heavy traffic, pollution, and the growing number of children and people suffering from allergies and respiratory problems such as asthma, investing in a good quality air purifier is a must. This is especially true for people living in big cities, beside busy roads, or houses where there are smokers, pets or people with compromised immune systems, respiratory problems, eczema, and others.
After all, the air that we breathe is crucial for our lives, health, and wellbeing. So, why not spend some of your hard-earned money on a good quality air purifier, instead of spending it on medicine and hospital bills later instead.
Our top choices for the best air purifiers for 2019 all have amazing features. Most importantly, they all function very well as air purifiers, which is the main reason they are designed and made for.
So, you can rest assured that whichever one you pick, you will be making a wise choice.
Good luck with your shopping, and we hope we have helped you make the best choice so that pretty soon you can enjoy a much fresher, healthier and cleaner air in your home!
Last update on 2019-11-14 at 18:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API