Do you want to set up the perfect home movie theater? The essential element is a large-sized TV where you can enjoy your favorite movies, sports, and shows.
We know how difficult it is to decide the best 80-inch or larger TV is, so we have meticulously tested a wide range of TVs, which are 80 inches or more for you.
If you are still not sure whether you need such a large-sized TV, keep in mind that most of them have 4K resolution, and some of our top picks even offer an 8K resolution, so the clarity of the images and the color accuracy, and the details are stunning. Plus, all of the newest models have amazing smart features that will enhance your viewing experience immensely.
Most of all – large TVs provide an incredible viewing experience, which will allow you to be immersed in the scene and experience watching movies, TV, and sports or playing your favorite video games as you have never done before!
The TVs on our best 80 inch TVs for 2020 contains our top choices when it comes to picture quality, performance, price, functionality, and many other features combined.
Please, read on to find the perfect large and future-proof TV for your home or office, as well as the features to look for when choosing the best one to suit your needs and your budget.
This model is the best of the largest TVs introduced by Samsung. It is the perfect combination of price, performance, and design.
It offers superb image quality, deep blacks, great light output, solid video processing, and accurate colors, and a 4K resolution.
The 82 inch TV from Samsung provides a very satisfying picture, even in bright-lit rooms.
The Samsung Q70 has a sleek design and has various features that set it ahead of most other large-sized TVs in this class.
For its price, this 82 inch TV offers a premium quality picture and additional features that set it ahead of the competition. It is the least expensive of all Samsung QLEDs, which has full-array local dimming. This technology improves the image quality of the LCD significantly by boosting the contrast and the black levels, or by dimming or brightening specific areas of the screen to optimize the picture quality.
This TV has a direct Quantum dot QLED backlight, as well as local dimming, combined with exceptional AI processing and an intuitive and useful smart platform. The Quantum dot microscopic nanocrystals in the panel of the TV glow at specific wavelengths and provide better color and brightness than TVs without this technology.
The Samsung Q70 has a true native 120Hz panel, which offers superb motion performance, which will improve your movie, sports, and TV viewing and your gaming experience.
The best TV in the 80-inch range for 2020 is one of the most suitable large-sized TVs to get if you want to use it for gaming. This Samsung TV is compatible with FreeSync refresh rates from most PCs, and Xbox One X and One S consoles. This allows for refresh rates of up to 120Hz or for screen resolutions of up to 4K.
The TV has an Auto Game Mode feature, which enables the VRR and reduces the input lag during gaming. This means that there will be no stuttering during gameplay, so you can enjoy a smooth, responsive, and immersive gaming experience on a big screen with cinematic sound.
The input lag in Game mode is a little above 14ms with 4K HDR and 1080p sources.
The large-sized TV supports HDR content in both HDR10 and HDR10+ formats, but not Dolby Vision HDR.
The mid-range Samsung TV is offered in several different screen sizes, including 49, 55, 65, 75 and 82 inches.
This beautifully designed 82 inch TV has the gorgeous Ambient mode, which acts as a screensaver, so you will have a beautiful picture or your own photos on the wall, as well as provide you with instant access to news headlines, the weather information, and others, instead of a black rectangle when the TV is not in use.
It also has a clever cable management system to keep the cables out of sight.
The Smart TV can be voice-operated via Bixby completely hands-free, so you can adjust the settings, search the channels, and manage the TV without even having to press any buttons. The TV also features Samsung’s SmartThings and is compatible with all other Samsung devices in the home.
It operates with the fast and easy to understand Tizen operating system with multiple apps and streaming services.
To help you find the program you want to watch, this smart 82 inch TV has a nifty Universal Guide feature, which will list all the shows, movies, games, streaming services, sports, and other programs in one user-friendly service.
Thanks to the integrated AI algorithm, the TV will quickly learn to adapt to your viewing habits and will create a dedicated “For You” page with all your preferred viewing options, and suggestions based on your taste.
The TV comes with a very manageable and intuitive remote control with dedicated buttons for Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, as well as a microphone for voice command control.
The biggest addition to the smart functionality of Samsung TVs for 2020 is their compatibility with Apple devices and content. This means that you can access your iPhone, iPad, and Mac contents and the streaming channels you have subscribed to, via AirPlay and the Apple TV app.
The 82 inch Samsung Q70 has 4 HDMI ports with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2., 2 USB ports, an Ethernet port, an optical digital audio output, and RS-232 Ex-Link, and RF ports.
The screen of the TV has reduced reflection as compared to any other LCD screen, so you can watch and play even in brightly lit rooms.
The 82-inch TV also maintains uniform colors and contrast on and off-angle, so you can set it up in a room with relatively wide seating.
The Q70 features the 360-degree sleek design of the other new Samsung TVs. It is almost bezel-less and has a thin black border on the edges and stylish textured grooves on the back.
It comes with a stand with two metal feet in which you can hide the cables from the TV.
All of the connections are on the back right side of the TV, which makes them easy to access even if the TV is mounted on the wall.
This marvelous 4K 82 inch TV by Samsung is very easy to set up. All you need to do is plug it in, connect it to the SmartThings app on your phone or another device (iOS or Android) and sync it with the home Wi-Fi network. You can even set the TV up as a Smart Hub and share content from other devices at home.
The integrated speakers in the Q70 TV provide a satisfying sound and stereo separation. The AI Intelligent Sound mode analyzes the sound and the environment and adjusts the settings accordingly, which provides a deeper and more acoustic listening and viewing experience.
The size of the Samsung QN82Q7RAFXZA with the stand is 72.4 x 45.2 x 15.2 inches, and without it is 72.4 x 41.4 x 2.4 inches. It weighs 18.6 lbs. with the stand and 104.9 lbs. without it.
Overall, given the price, the multiple features, and the premium picture quality and performance of the 82 inch Samsung Q70 TV, we are pretty confident that it is the best 80 inch TV on the market for 2020.
The runner-up on our list is a high-end 85 inch 4K TV by Sony, which provides an impressive picture. It can display deeper blacks than most other TVs in this range thanks to its full array dimming support and the high native contrast ratio.
The picture of the Sony X950G can also be very bright and vivid and provides excellent HDR performance.
Thanks to its nearly instantaneous response time and its superb motion handling, watching action movies, sports, and other fast-moving objects on the huge screen will be a true pleasure with no blurring at all.
This high-end TV is also a superb option for gamers because it is highly responsive and has a low input lag for an immersive and smooth gaming experience.
The 85 inch TV from Sony was introduced in 2019, and it already has received rave reviews for its overall performance, great looks, a multitude of features, and its amazingly good out of the box color accuracy.
Thanks to the Triluminos display and the 4K HDR Super Bit Mapping, as well as the huge screen size of this TV, you will feel like you are part of the film, show, or game you are watching or playing.
It is available in several size options, including 55, 65, 75, and 85 inches.
The design of this large-sized TV is modern and sleek. Its borders are only 0.37 inches thick and provide a minimalistic design that will not distract you from watching the content on the screen. The maximum thickness of the X950G is 2.69 inches.
It has a large stand on two legs, which provides superb support for the TV, and prevents wobbling. The legs are hollow and can be used for hiding away those annoying cables.
Some of the ports and inputs are on the side of the TV, others are on the bottom, which makes them relatively easy to reach and use, even when the TV is wall mounted.
Both the 85 inch and the 75-inch models feature the new X-wide Angle technology, which improves the viewing angle width.
The TV handles reflections very well, so you can set it up and watch it even in bright-lit rooms with a lot of light sources and windows.
The 85 inch Sony X950G handles motion perfectly and has a fast response time, without blur, so it is perfect for gamers and sports fans.
It has 4 HDMI ports, 3 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, 1 analog audio out 3.5mm, 1 composite in, 1 tuner and cable input, 1 Ethernet, and an IR input ports.
The TV has two speakers on the top, which helps disperse the sound more evenly in the room for a more immersive cinematic experience.
The Sony X950G supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDMI 2.0, HDMI 2.2, USB 3.0, as well as ARC, eARC, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital, DTS:X, DTS audio.
The smart 85 inch TV by Sony runs Android TV Oreo 8.0, which is among the best smart TV operating systems on the market right now. The content is easy to access and find, and the user experience is very fast.
You will get access to all the apps available on Google Play Store as well as the opportunity to use all the built-in streaming, gaming, and other apps on this premium quality large-sized TV.
The remote control has an integrated mic so you can use Google Assistant to adjust the settings of your TV or to search for content online. You can also pair the TV with your phone and access its Google Assistant from there too.
The Sony X950G is also compatible with Google Home and Alexa devices.
Its size is 75 ¼ x 46 ½ x 16 ¼ inches with the stand, and 75 ¼ x 43 3/8 x 2 7/8 inches without it.
We must say that this above mid-range 85 inch TV by Sony provides one of the best watching and gaming experiences we have tested so far for TVs this size this year.
Best bang for the buck
The reasonably priced 82 inch Samsung RU8000 is possibly the best mid-range 80 inch TV you can get for this kind of money.
This large-sized TV is a new model from 2020 and has an impressive design, very good picture quality, all the inputs you need, and multiple smart features that you will love. Plus, it supports FreeSync refresh rate, has a low input lag and superb motion handling, which makes it one of the best of the largest inexpensive TVs to buy if you are a gamer.
The RU8000 is available in a variety of screen sizes, including 49, 55, 65, 75 and 82 inches.
It has a powerful 4K UHD processor, which will efficiently upscale any kind of content into 4K picture quality. This will allow you to enjoy the level of detail and depth and the richness of color in your favorite films shows and games like never before.
The design of this TV is superb. The stand is sturdy and keeps the TV from wobbling. The back of the TV is plain and textured with the typical Samsung pattern, and its borders are quite thin, with a width of just 0.55 inches.
The TV itself has a maximum thickness of 2.37 inches.
Although it doesn’t support local dimming, the RU8000 can produce deep and uniform blacks and has a high native contrast ratio.
It performs well in a room with some lighting and will not reflect the sources like lamps and windows.
In HDR, the color gamut is impressive, and the gray uniformity of the TV will satisfy even the most pretentious sports fans.
This 82 inch TV from Samsung has a very fast response time and great motion handling, so it is perfect for people who love watching fast action movies, shows, sports, and play video games.
The TV has a 240Hz flicker frequency when set to Movie mode, and 120Hz in all of the other modes. The native refresh rate is 120Hz, and it also supports the FreeSync variable refresh rate of Xbox Ones and AMD cards. It provides an excellent VRR range for 1080p and 1440p resolutions.
The Samsung UN82RU8000FXZA has 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, a tuner, cable or antenna, and 1 Ethernet ports.
It supports HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, CEC and has Wi-Fi. As for audio, the inputs of this TV support ARC, and 5.1 Dolby Digital via ARC or via optical.
The smart TV runs the latest Tizen smart TV platform, named SmartHub, by Samsung. The interface is very intuitive, so you can find and access whatever you need without toggling through dozens of complicated menus and options.
The RU8000 TV has numerous preinstalled apps for watching your preferred streaming services, programs, and others. You will also get access to the apps available at the Samsung app store.
The remote control has a microphone option so you can use Samsung’s smart voice assistant Bixby to control the settings and find the content you want easily. It also has quick access buttons for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
The size of the 82 inch Samsung UN82RU8000FXZA TV is 72.4 x 41.4 x 2.4 inches without the stand, and 72.4 x 43.9 x 15.1 inches with it. The stand itself is 1 x 10 x 15 inches. Its weight is 103.8 lbs. without its stand, and 105.8 lbs. when placed on the stand.
In conclusion, we must say that this 2020 82 inch TV by Samsung is definitely worth the price it is being offered at and will satisfy the needs of all kinds of viewers and gamers who want to have a giant-sized TV for the best price possible.
The rest of the best 80 inch TVs for 2020
If you are ready to splurge out on the largest 2020 Samsung flagship TV, then here is what you can expect from the incredible Samsung QN82Q90RAFXZA – the Pinnacle of the TV line-up by the South Korean giant this year.
- The top of the line Samsung TV for 2020
- A QLED 4K TV which provides 100% color volume and brilliant colors in more than a billion hues and shades
- It offers the best immersive home movie theater or gaming experience with details and depth like no other
- The Direct Full Array Backlight adjusts the brightness, the contrast, the black and the white even in the darkest scenes
- The picture is very bright both in HDR and SDR
- An intelligent and powerful Quantum Processor 4K helps upscale all content instantly to 4K quality
- You can watch movies just like their directors intended you to see them thanks to the Quantum HDR 16X powered by HDR10_
- The TV is designed and made to provide an ultra-wide viewing angle and a vibrant TV picture no matter how brightly the room is lit, and no matter where you are sitting or standing
- The Smart TV runs the latest Tizen smart platform and has a Universal Guide option to find content quickly, as well as Bixby voice command
- It is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa devices and voice commands
- It has excellent motion handling, low input lag and is perfect for an immersive and smooth gaming experience
- Its backlight flickers at 960Hz, and can interpolate low frame content to 120Hz, and also supports FreeSync
- The TV has an Ambient Mode setting which allows it to display photos, news, weather, or beautiful pictures when it is not turned on
- It is designed to be mounted to the wall with no gap looking like a picture frame and with a single thin cable connecting it to everything else thanks to the OneConnect box
- The stand is sturdy and has a small footprint
- The borders of the Q90 are only 0.43 inches thick
- The TV itself has a maximum thickness of 1.54 inches
- Its ports include: 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, a tuner and antenna, 1 Ethernet
- The inputs support HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, CEC
- The audio passthrough supports ARC and Dolby Digital
- The TV is available in 65, 75 and 82 inch options
- The OneRemote can be used to control all other compatible devices as well
If you want an ultra-large TV which is great for watching all kinds of movies, TV shows, as well as for sports and for gaming, then you may want to check out the LG 86UK6570 TV.
- A good quality 4K UHD IPS TV with a diagonal of 86 inches
- An excellent design
- Features AI ThinkQ, which allows you to turn the TV into a smart hub for all other smart devices in your home
- A multi-format 4K dynamic range which supports HDR10 and HLG
- The quad core processor helps boost the sharpness and color accuracy and minimizes any video noise for a real-life like picture
- It has 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 composite in, 1 RF, 1 optical and audio return and 1 Ethernet ports
- The TV is available in 70, 75 and 86 inch versions
- It also supports intelligent voice control and recognition
- The TV has a remarkable wide viewing angle suitable for larger rooms with wider seating
- It runs the WebOS Smart TV platform which includes all of the most popular streaming programs and online content
- The LG Magic Remote is intuitive and easy to use
- It has built-in Google Assistant and is compatible with Alexa devices for easy access and voice control
- The superb low input lag makes it perfect for gaming
- The borders of the TV are 0.84 inches
- Its maximum thickness is 3.62 inches
- It comes with excellent color accuracy out of the box and has a wide color gamut
- The TV has ultra-surround sound
- A TruMotion 240 refresh rate of 120Hz
- The dimensions of the TV with the stand are 76.5 x 46.8 x 13.6 inches, and it weighs 99.2 lbs.
- Without the stand, the TV is 76.5 x 44 x 3.7 inches, and it weighs 97.4 lbs.
The LG 82UM8070PUA is a reasonably priced, beautifully designed 82-inch TV, suitable for all kinds of viewing and gaming usage.
- A 4K IPS display with direct backlighting for realistic pictures and great color accuracy
- An a7 generation 2 Intelligent processor, and LG’s ThinQ AI which will enhance all pictures. movements and colors in real-time
- A wide viewing angle of up to 60 degrees
- It has integrated Google Assistant and Alexa voice control options
- The new AirPlay 2 feature allows you to connect and share content from your Apple devices – Mac, iPhone and iPad
- The Magic Remote makes accessing content and adjusting the settings easier than ever
- The TV is available in 82 and 96 inch sizes
- It supports 4K Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR10, HLG, HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro
- The TruMotion 240 has a native refresh rate of 120Hz
- It has intelligent voice recognition
- The available connectivity options are 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 composite input, 1 RS-232C, 1 RF. 1 Ethernet, 1 digital audio output, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- The size of the TV with the stand is 72.8 x 44.8 x 13.6 inches, and without it – 72.8 x 42 x 3.5 inches
- The weight of the TV with the stand is 103.6 lbs. and without it, it weighs 101.9 lbs.
- The wall mounting pattern is 600 x 400 VESA
- It is much less expensive than most other TVs of this size and range
If you are looking for a large-sized TV which will perform perfectly when you are watching movies in a dark room, as well as when you are enjoying your favorite sports in the middle of the bright day, then the Samsung QN82Q80 could be the best 80 inch TV for you.
- A premium quality 4K LED VA 82 inch TV with highly impressive picture quality and a wide viewing angle
- The TV sports the quantum dot QLED technology which helps produce unbelievable colors, depth and details on the screen for a realistic viewing experience
- It has an Ultra Viewing Angle technology, so you can sit wherever you want and still enjoy a great picture
- The TV delivers deep blacks thanks to its high contrast ratio, as well as its local dimming support and black uniformity
- It has direct full-array backlight 8X for purer whites, and blacker blacks, and for clear viewing even of the darkest scenes
- It has a Quantum Processor 4K which upscales all kinds of content to 4K
- The Quantum HDR 12K delivers a realistic picture, powered by HDR10+
- It has a bright and wide color gamut when delivering HDR and SDR content
- It has impressive motion handling, a very low input lag, a native refresh rate of 120Hz, and supports FreeSync, so gamers will fall in love with this gigantic TV. Plus, it has a dedicated Real Game enhancer for smoother and more immersive gaming
- The Q80 TV is a model from 2020 and is available in 55, 65, 75 and 82-inch sizes
- It has Ambient mode, so it will be like a piece of art on your wall rather than a black rectangle when it is turned off
- The TV is almost bezel-less with a border of only 0.39 inches in width
- The TV itself has a maximum thickness of 2.48 inches
- The TV handles reflections very well making it suitable for brightly lit rooms
- The Tizen smart TV platform has hundreds of apps and an easy way to finding exactly what you need via the nifty Universal Guide
- The TV has Bixby voice control and intelligent voice recognition
- You can choose among the following ports for added connectivity: 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, 1 tuner and cable, 1 Ethernet
- The remote control has a mic and dedicated buttons for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime
The 82 inch Samsung Q60 QLED TV is yet another superb large-sized TV, released by the South Korean company, which is definitely worth investing in. It is now offered in a bundle with a Samsung soundbar and subwoofer, so you can set up your home movie theater immediately.
- A 4K UHD QLED TV released in 2020
- The Q60 series by Samsung is available in 43, 49, 55, 65, 75 and 82 inch sizes
- The Quantum Processor 4K will upscale any type of content in 4K instantly
- The Intelligent Mode allows for automatic adaptation of the brightness and the sound of the TV to the environment in the room
- The Quantum HDR helps make all details, colors, and movements much more realistic for an immersive watching and gaming experience
- It comes with the nifty Samsung OneRemote which you can use for controlling all compatible devices
- It has a low lag, a Dynamic Black Equalizer and supports FreeSync VRR technology for the best gaming experience and performance, it also has a Real Game Enhancer for smooth gaming
- Thanks to the Universal Guide function you can easily see all of the content available in one, and choose the one you want to watch or access instantly
- The bundle includes a Samsung 5.1 channel 360 watt soundbar system, and a wireless subwoofer for a cinematic listening experience
- The Tizen smart TV has Bixby voice control and assistance
- It also works with Google Assistant and with Alexa
- The Q60 has 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 RF, 1 RF satellite, 1 Digital audio out, and 1 RS232C port
- The size with the stand is 72.4 x 45.2 x 15.2 inches, and without it is 72.4 x 41.4 x 2.4 inches
- Its weight with the stand is 107.6 lbs. and 104.9 lbs. without it
This 85 inch TV from the Master Series by Sony is a premium range, future-proof 8K TV which will provide you with a picture which is as close to a real-life, authentic experience as possible.
- This is a future-proof 8K TV with a Backlight Master Drive Direct LED panel and all the features you will be needing to watch top-quality content in the next decade
- It has an 8K X-Reality Pro and Processor x1 which will upscale any content as close to 8K as possible for an absolutely stunning lifelike viewing and gaming experience
- The 8K X-tended Dynamic Range Pro 20x contrast allows for an incredible brightness and contrast range for all viewing conditions
- It has an Acoustic Multi-Audio technology which provides an immersive watching and listening sound-from-picture experience
- The Sony XBR-85Z9G has 8K HDR, GDR10, IMAX enhanced, hog and Dolby Vision support for as much detail and clarity as possible on a TV screen
- It has an X-wide angle technology allowing for seeing a perfect picture from any seating position
- The smart Android TV has built-in Google Assistant, and is Alexa and Google Home compatible, and has 16GB onboard storage
- It allows for hands-free voice control
- It has built-in Chromecast
- It has 4 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 RF, 1 composite video, 1 RS 232C, an HDCP 2.3, a digital audio output and a headphone output
- The TV supports Dolby Audio and DTS digital surround
- The Triluminos technology will allow you to enjoy vibrant and smooth colors and 8K HDR Super Bit Mapping
- The X-Motion Clarity technology and the native refresh rate of 120Hz will make watching a fast action movie, sport or game a better and more realistic experience than ever
- This amazing 8K TV is also available in an even larger 98-inch screen version
- The size of this 85 inch TV is 75 3/8 x 48 3/8 x 17 1/8 inches with the stand, and 75 3/8 x 45 x 4 ¾ inches without the stand
- Its weighs is 158 lbs. without and 164.1 lbs. with the stand
The Samsung QN82Q900 is the company’s 8K high-end TV for 2020, which is above the flagship Q90R and is an absolute gem of a TV for those of you looking for the best picture possible.
- It is available in 55, 65, 75, and 82 inch versions
- The Q900 has a real 8K resolution and a 16x of the resolution of a Full HD TV
- The large-sized 8K QLED TV has a Direct Full Array Elite Backlight 16X and will auto-adjust all zones for the purest whites and the deepest blacks
- It provides great local dimming and an excellent dark room viewing experience
- It is fitted with the most powerful Samsung Quantum Processor 8K which will remaster all content into a stunning 8K picture with amazing details and optimized sound
- The 8K AI upscaling will convert all content into 8K with reduced noise, more detail as well as a sharpened definition
- The 8K Quantum HDR 32x powered by HDR10+ provides intense deep colors, pure cinematic clarity, and the finest possible details
- The 240 Motion rate and the low input lag make it perfect for gamers
- It is made to reduce glare and has an Ultra-viewing angle so it can be viewed in all types of lighting and seating positions
- Thanks to its Ambient Mode you will have a large and beautiful piece of art on your wall rather than a black rectangle taking up your space
- It is designed to allow for no-gap wall mounting via a 400 x 400 VESA mount, and has a One Visible connection for a neat and minimalistic setup
- Its borders are just 0.49 inches and the thickness of the TV is 1.25 inches at its thickest part
- The Tizen smart platform allows for hands-free Bixby voice control
- It has an on-screen Universal Guide for easy location of the content you want to view
- It uses SmartThings and acts as a hub to all other connected devices
- The 8K TV has 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 RF, and 1 RF satellite, 1 digital audio out, and 1 RS232C
- The TV can also be used with Alexa and Google Assistant-enabled devices
- It has a OneRemote to control all other compatible devices
- The dimensions of the TV without the stand are 72.2 x 41.6 x 1.4 inches, and 72.2 x 44 x 15.7 inches with it. The stand itself is 0.6 x 15.7 x 10.3 inches
- It weighs 110.2 lbs. without and 112.9 lbs. with the stand
The Sharp PN-LE801 is a stunning 80 inch Full HD TV which has been certified for 16/7 continuous operation, and is a suitable pick for use with all types of sources, including cable, streaming, satellite, TV and computer use, as well as for commercial settings.
– The 80 inch LCD display is LED-backlit, and has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080p
– It has a native refresh rate of 240 Hz
– An impressive 5000:1 contrast ratio
– A dynamic contrast ratio of 4,000,000:1
– A brightness output of 350 cd/square meters
– 1.07 billion colors
– An AquoMotion 240 motion enhancement technology for smooth viewing of fast-action movements
– It is suitable for use in all types of environments – dark, or light
– It is equipped with two 10 watt speakers for an immersive stereo sound
– It allows for multiple controls, as it is compatible with RS-232C command set and the included IR remote control
– There are 3 HDMI inputs, a USB port, VGA, 2 RCA composite video, 2 RCA component video, 2 RCA stereo audio, an RF antenna and a 3.5mm/1/8 inch audio inputs
– The TV has an RCA Stereo Audio and a TOSLINK Optical audio output ports
– There is integrated Ethernet connectivity
– It has an ATSC digital tuner, and an NTSC analog tuner
– Thanks to the wide viewing angle of 176 x 176 degrees, you can watch the TV from all parts of the room
– Response time of 4 ms
– You can use it as a beautiful wall accent, or make it blend in with the settings when it is switched off thanks to its Wallpaper mode
– The screen is 69.73 x 39.23 inches
– The TV is 71.5 x 41.6 x 4.5 inches without the stand and 71.5 x 42.0 x 18.2 inches with the stand
– It weighs 110.2 pounds
– 600 x 400 mm VESA wall mountable
– 300 watt operational power consumption
Features to consider when buying an 80- inch TV
Since buying an 80-inch TV is quite a large investment, it is especially important to take the time to look for the one which offers the best quality and value for the price asked.
Here are the main features to look for and consider when shopping for a large TV sized 80 inches or more.
All of the large TVs on our top best list have smart functionality. This allows you to connect to the Internet and to other smart devices and access and view videos and content from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Apple TV, Google Cast, and others. You can also download and play games on the TV and use a wide range of apps.
The TVs on our list feature various smart TV platforms including Samsung’s Tizen, LG’s WebOS and Sony Android TV. The best Smart TV platforms will allow you to customize your settings, voice search, access to app menus, gesture control and full web browsing.
The resolution of the TV is always important, but given the large screen size of these TVs makes it especially important if you want superb picture quality on your large screen. 4K UHD provides a picture quality which is four times better than a Full HD resolution thanks to its more than 8.2 million pixels. Also features like HDR will add even more precision, brightness, contrast, and depth to the color. At the same time, the motion blur is lower, which makes watching fast-moving actions and sports much more enjoyable on such a large screen.
For 2020, we have added a couple of amazing 8K 80 inch TVs which are the best choice for those of you looking for the astounding detail, picture and sound quality of the 8K resolution.
The screen type
LCD screens are the oldest types and can rarely be seen in newer TVs. LED screens are the most popular types of screens which many of our TVs on the list have. The more advanced and expensive OLED screens provide the best pictures and the widest viewing angles of all.
The thickness of the TV and the bezels also vary. Some of the models we have picked for you are without bezels and are ultra-thin for a better viewing experience and for better aesthetics.
Most of our choices come with table stands but have the option for wall mounting. Models like the some of the Samsung TVs which have a no-gap feature allowing placing it on the wall like a picture. Some even have Ambient Mode, so they will actually look as works of art on the wall when they are not in use.
You may want to choose a TV which provides a wide viewing angle, and which looks great from all sides if you have wider seating.
All of the large TVs on our list have at least 2 HDMI inputs, as well as USB and other connectivity options. HDMI connectivity is essential for a 4K picture quality from sources such as Blu-ray, set-top boxes, consoles, and other sources. Newer TVs have HDR-compatible HDMI 2.0a connectivity options.
Of course, if you enjoy streaming content, it is essential that the TV has internet connectivity, such as an Ethernet connection as well as Wi-Fi so that you can connect your large TV to your home network for easy access to your media files and so that you can share and mirror images and media files from your smartphone and devices.
Look for a TV with at least 15 to 20 Mbps Ethernet connectivity if you want to watch 4K streaming smoothly from sources, like Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Hulu, and others.
USB connectivity will allow you to watch 4K media from flash drive external hard discs and to connect an array of other devices to the TV for added versatility.
When buying a TV of this size, it is important to think about its future-proof features, because it is highly unlikely you will be buying a TV of this size every year.
Other display features and upscaling
The TVs we have selected for you offer an enhanced color level, a higher dynamic range and much superior motion control than regular Full HD TVs. This is essential if you want perfect quality viewing with no blur with higher contrast, deep black, and vivid lifelike colors no matter what you are watching.
Most of the TVs on our list offer excellent upscaling which will allow the non-4K content from different sources to be reprocessed into a 4K quality one. This is essential because most content broadcasted or streamed today is not delivered in 4K quality.
We have added a couple of 8K TVs for those of you who want to make a future-proof investment as well.
High Dynamic Range is another feature you should look for when buying a TV which is 80 inches or larger. All of our choices have HDR, and some support all types of HDR.
Local dimming and backlighting
All large 4K TVs have display illumination. Local dimming is essential for illuminating dark sections of the screen. OLED TVs are among the leaders in this area thanks to the pixel-perfect precision illuminating technologies, but the QLED TVs are also worth investing in.
Picking the size of your large TV is important to protect your eyesight and for the best viewing experience. A rule of the thumb is to choose a size which allows you to watch it at a minimum distance of three times the height of the screen for HD TVs and 1.5 times the height of 4K UHD screens.
Of course, you should pick a TV which will fit the space you have allocated for it on your TV stand, table, cabinet or wall. So, it is logical to pick the size of your large TV depending on whether you are going to be using it in a large home movie theater or in a small-sized living room.
The higher the refresh rate of your big TV – the better the quality of the picture will be when you are watching fast action movies and videos or sport. Opt for a TV with a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz. All of our picks have fast refresh rates, some of them reaching 240 Hz which makes them perfect for watching your favorite sports and movies.
Take a look at the contrast ratio of the TV before buying it. It is a matter of preference, so it is a good idea to test the TV with your own eye and with your own content before buying it so that you will be sure that you will be happy with the contrast levels of your new large TV.
We have picked flat TVs for you because they can be mounted on walls and are easier to accommodate than curved screens. Also, the latest and best 80 inch and larger TVs are all with flat screens because there is virtually no benefit of utilizing curved screens apart from the style of the TV. The quality of the picture is not affected by the curved design whatsoever.
Let’s hope that we have helped you choose the best 80 inch TV for your needs and taste. A good quality 4K or 8K large TV will change your entire viewing experience. A TV with an 80 inch screen or larger will immerse you in the content being viewed. You will feel like you are part of the action on the screen no matter what you are watching.
The TVs on list will all provide you with an unbelievably detailed, real-life picture that is unmatched in quality, color range, black levels, contrast, shadowing and non-blur fast action viewing.
We have picked models from a lower price range and some higher-end options so that you can choose the one which best fits your budget.
Whichever one you choose, you cannot go wrong, but still, take the time to compare the features we have listed and find the one which is the best buy for the money you are planning to spend.
Choose the TV which has everything you will need for the perfect viewing experience, as well as a TV from a reputable manufacturer and brand because the investment you will be making is a serious one, no matter which of the models from our list you will choose. You want to make the wisest possible investment by buying the best 8- inch or larger TV for your money, right?
Good luck with your purchase, and get ready to sit back and enjoy your favorite movies, sports, and shows as you have never experienced before with one of these superb quality large screen TVs!
- Which are the Best Wireless Surround Sound Systems
- Top 10 Best Rated Home Air Purifiers for 2020-Ratings and Reviews
- The Best Studio Headphones Now – The Ultimate Musician’s Guide.
- The Best Air Fryer in 2020 – The Ultimate Reviews
- The Best Electric Fireplace TV Stand for 2020
- Do you know which is the best anime of all time? Find out now!
- The 100 of Christmas Movies
- 25 Largest Dog Breeds Ever – 2020
- Dogs That Don’t Shed: 20+ Hypoallergenic Dog Breeds in 2020
- 41 Best Small Dog Breeds – List of Top Small Dogs with Pictures
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 14:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API