If you have been looking for a 60 inch TV you may have noticed that there are not so many models available in this size. This is due to the fact that the manufacturers are more focused on their 55 and 65 inch models instead.
To help you pick the best 60 inch TV (or slightly larger), we have tested almost available options available in 2018, and have come up with our top best 60 inch TV list for this year.
Now that the year has entered its 4th quarter it is unlikely that there will be any new surprise announcements for new TVs of this size, so we are pretty sure that we have got them all covered and have chosen the best ones in all price categories for 2018.
Take a moment to read our reviews, and to pick the most suitable 60-inch TV for your budget and your needs.
We have also added brief answers to the most common questions we have been receiving about what to look for in a large-sized TV in our FAQ section.
The Sony XBR60X830F is most definitely the best 60 inch TV introduced in 2018 which we have tested so far. This 60 inch 4K Ultra HD LED television set provides an exceptionally good picture which superb black uniformity. It features the powerful 4K HDR X1 processor, and the Triluminos Display technology from Sony which together results in lifelike, vibrant and crisp images.
The MotionFlow XR technology ensures that all of the motion on the TV screen is lifelike and without blur, and along with the 120Hz refresh rate it will enable you to enjoy your favorite sports, action movies, content with fast action as well as video games at the highest quality and much smoother and less motion blur than ever.
The native 3840 x 2160 resolution of this 4K Ultra HD TV will amaze you with its brilliant picture clarity and detail, which will turn your viewing and gaming into an immersive and highly realistic experience. The color gamut of this 2018 Sony TV is very wide too.
In fact, the 4K X-Reality PRO technology incorporated in this 60 inch TV will upscale all types of non-HDR content very efficiently and will make just about anything you choose to watch look like 4K HDR.
Thanks to the Dynamic Contrast Enhancer of this TV from Sony, which will automatically adjust and optimize the contrast of the picture as the light in the room changes, you will be able to enjoy very vivid and realistic images no matter how bright or dark it is inside.
The TV set has a variety of inputs, including 4 HDMI ports which you can use to connect your game console, Blu-ray player, cable box and others. It also has 3 USB ports, an optical audio digital output, and a headphone jack to enjoy playing your favorite game or watching whatever you prefer without disturbing the other people in your household.
The 60 inch Sony TV has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to easily connect it to your wireless home network, to the internet, as well as to pair it with your smartphone, or another device to share content to it. It has an Ethernet input as well, so you can connect it to your home network via cable as well.
It comes with a nifty voice remote control and an IR blaster.
The overall design of the Sony X830F will definitely complement your living space greatly. It looks very good with very thin (0.63 inches) bezels and has some basic cable management to eliminate the clutter and keep all those cables neatly tucked in the legs of the table stand. The stand itself is wide and sturdy, and you can easily place a sound bar in front of it.
The size of the TV without the stand is 53 5/8 x 31 1/8 x 3 1/8 inches, and with the stand, it is 53 5/8 x 33 5/8 x 12 ½ inches, so you can enjoy your big screen TV without worrying that it will take up the entire wall of your room. The footprint of the TV stand is 44 x 12 inches. The maximum thickness of the X830F is 3.15 inches, which shouldn’t be a problem if you decide to mount it on the wall.
You can use voice control for remotely finding and watching content on this smart TV thanks to its Amazon Alexa compatibility. It runs Android TV version 7.0, and you can take advantage of the Google Assistant technology for performing easy and quick voice searches for the preferred content and using all of the smart functionalities of this television set. The Android TV smart OS provides content to endless numbers and types of apps for streaming, playing, and information via the Google Play Store. Plus, there are no annoying apps which will interfere with your viewing experience.
Thanks to its support of 4:4:4 Chroma sampling, this TV can very successfully be used as a PC monitor as well.
The TV support HLG, Pass-through ARC Dolby Digital, DTS, Optical Dolby Digital, optical DTS, ARC, HDCP 2.2 and CEC.
The voice remote control has large and easy to find buttons, as well as buttons for all the basic functions of the TV and the capability to be controlled by voice.
Overall, the Sony XBR60X830F is the best 60 inch TV introduced so far for 2018, and we strongly recommend it to anybody interested in buying a TV of this size.
Best budget choice
It is available at a very low price tag, but still has the features which you can expect from a large flat 4K Ultra HD HDR smart TV.
Sure, it may not have all the bells and whistles of many of the high-end large TVs introduced this year, but the Vizio D-Series, 60 inch TV, delivers good picture quality, a fast response time which is superb for watching sports and a low input lag if you want to use it for playing games.
Movie lovers will appreciate the deep and uniform dark scenes on this Vizio TV, as well as the excellent native contrast ratio which optimizes the picture in darker conditions.
The color gamut and volume may not be as wide and good as in the more expensive TVs, but still, this 60 inch Vizio TV provides decent picture quality. The good news is that the TV comes with excellent color accuracy out of the box, so you won’t have to fiddle with the settings for hours before being able to enjoy watching your favorite movie, show or game.
It also handles reflections well, so you won’t have trouble watching TV or playing even in the brightest of rooms.
The upscaling of 420p quality content is not as good as some of the other TVs of this range, but for higher quality (720p and 1080p) you won’t have problems and will be able to watch them in HDR quality. The same goes for native 4K content which looks great on this budget-friendly TV.
The Vizio 60 inch D-Series has an integrated TV tuner, antenna input and a shared component – composite input on the side of the TV.
The inputs are located on the side and bottom of the TV which makes them easier to access if you decide to mount it on the wall. They include 3 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 digital optical audio, an analog audio out, Ethernet. The inputs support HDR10, HLG, ARC, ARC Dolby Digital, ARC DTS, Optical DTS, and Optical Dolby Digital.
You can connect your new 60 inch Vizio TV to your home network via the integrated Wi-Fi or the Ethernet input. This will allow you to easily access media content from all other connected devices, as well as to access the internet and various streaming services and apps.
The D-Series has a Visio SmartCast interface, which has a built-in Chromecast streaming support, and allows you to control the TV via your smartphone and you can stream media files from every app which supports casting.
It has preinstalled apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, VUDU, Newsy, Prime Video, Pluto TV, Con TV, and others. The good news is the interface of this TV doesn’t have any annoying ads to distract you from your viewing experience.
You can control the TV via the remote app installed on your phone or with the help of the easy to use remote control which has 6 nifty shortcut buttons for the most popular streaming services, which will save you time fumbling and fiddling around with the settings to access your favorite service. Even though the remote doesn’t offer voice control, you can connect another Amazon Alexa or Google Home device with the TV to control it with voice commands.
In the end, we must say that for its price, this large 60 inch TV is a superb choice. You can enjoy watching movies, sports, playing both SDR and HDR games, and use it as a PC monitor. It is a perfect solution for those of you looking to buy a large-sized 4K Ultra HD HDR TV without breaking the bank and hurting your family budget!
If you want the best 60 inch or larger TV to watch your favorite DVD’s, Blu-ray movies and other non-native 4K Ultra HD content in impeccable 4K Ultra HD HDR quality, Sony’s flagship TV from last year is the way to go!
We absolutely love how the Sony XBR65A1E 65 inch Bravia OLED TV handles upscaling all non-HDR content. In fact, we are pretty sure that it is the best one we have seen so far. This is because the A1E works with the most powerful Sony processor.
This 2017 flagship from Sony has returned to OLED, and the Japanese giant has absolutely nailed it with this model.
The picture is absolutely lifelike, thanks to the pairing of the clarity, color, and contrast of the 4K Ultra HD and the incredible detail of HDR.
Its dimensions without the stand are 57.3 x 32.9 x 3.5 inches, and with the stand, they are 57.3 x 32.9 x 13.4 inches.
The stunningly thin OLED panel has a 120Hz refresh rate, which with the help of the MotionFlow XR will provide you with the best sports TV and action movie viewing possible. There will be no distracting and annoying motion blur even in the fastest-moving scenes with the 65 inch Sony A1E.
The TV supports HDR10 and HLG and is expected to be updated soon to support Dolby Vision as well.
It has 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0, Ethernet, and composite inputs.
The package includes a voice remote control, an IR blaster, a TV stand and a setup guide and an instruction manual.
One of the most amazing features of this TV is its “picture only” design, which thanks to the thin OLED screen and the lack of bezels. This, combined with the ingenious vibrating screen for an incredible sound performance is what makes this series from Sony one of the best we have seen so far. Unlike most ultra-thin flat TVs today, the A1E has a truly ground-breaking sound which will fill the room and immerse you in the scene completely. This is due to the “exciters” mounted in the TV which vibrate the screen along with the speakers.
It has excellent viewing angles so you can place it in a room with any kind of setting and seating and not worry about not being able to watch the TV if you aren’t sitting right across it.
This TV has a Freeview HD tuner and can be connected to your home network or to the internet via the integrated Wi-Fi or the Ethernet input.
The A1E is powered by Android TV which will allow you to download, install and use any of the thousands of apps available on Google Play Store, including streaming, informational, gaming, and others. Needless to say, you can control this smart TV with your voice using the voice remote control, via an Alexa device or a Google Home device.
Yes, it may be a bit pricey in comparison to other TVs in the 60-65 inch range, but the Sony XBR65A1E is a true joy to the eyes and ears, and is one of the best TVs in this range which you can invest in if you want to have the perfect home movie theater experience in your household!
The only reason, why we picked this one as a runner-up in our top best 60 inch TV list is that it is not exactly 60 inches, but is slightly larger. This model comes in 55 and in 77-inch versions as well.
No matter what content you are watching, it will look great in the 4K Ultra HD HDR resolution provided by this OLED TV. And even if you are not watching anything, the TV will add style to any room, thanks to its stunning picture-only design.
Our remaining top picks for 2018
- 60 inch LED-backlit LCD with a resolution of 4K Ultra HD 3840×2160, a 120Hz refresh rate and active HDR
- 3 HDMI, 2 USB, Ethernet, and a component video inputs and optical audio
- Can be hardwired or connected wirelessly to your home network, and thanks to the fact that it is DLNA certified, you can view all kinds of media files such as photos and others from your phone, computer or another device on the TV
- The dimensions of the TV and the stand are 33.5 x 53.5 x 10 inches, and the thickness reaches 3.3 inches at its maximum
- Glossy finish screen
- Smart TV runs on highly efficient and responsive WebOS 3.5
- A TV and an HDTV tuner
- Excellent for watching action films and sports thanks to the TruMotion technology and the 120Hz refresh rate
- A DTS-HD digital audio output with surround and ultra-surround modes
- Energy Star certified
If you want to invest in a top quality OLED large TV for the ultimate viewing and gaming experience at home, you may want to take a closer look at the brilliant 65 inch LG OLED65C8PUA 4K Ultra HD OLED TV introduced in 2018.
- 65-inch OLED panel which will provide you with a cinema-like experience with its stunning color and contrast
- Extremely elegant and slick design which will complement any home décor, thanks to the fact that it has no bezel and just a thin black metallic trim surrounding the screen
- Superb 4K Ultra HD picture quality with HDR support for all high dynamic range formats
- The blacks are really black and the colors are incredibly saturated and life-like
- Features the latest and most powerful Alpha 9 processor from LG which can efficiently upscale all non-HDR content into crystal clear and perfect 4K Ultra HD
- TruMotion makes watching sports and fast action films pretty amazing
- The size of the TV is 57 x 34.7 x 9.1 inches
- A Freeview TV and a satellite tuner
- Comes with a TV stand which is designed to redirect the sound directly toward the viewer
- The smart TV uses WebOS which is the best smart TV interface at the moment, combined with a ThinQ AI Artificial Intelligence system
- 3 side HDMI and 1 HDMI on the back
- 1 side USB and 2 back USB inputs
- Ethernet port and a CI slot, as well as optical digital output, a headphone jack and a line out output
- Can connect the TV to your network via Ethernet LAN cable, or Wi-Fi, the TV also offers Bluetooth and WiDi connectivity to pair it with your phone, computer, and other devices
- The Magic remote is an astoundingly precise motion controller with an on-screen pointer and a scroller wheel for easy access to content and control of the TV set
- As an alternative to the Magic remote, there is an LG app which allows controlling the TV via your smartphone too
- The Magic remote also features a built-in mic which you can use for easy voice control which has natural language processing allowing for a conversational interaction with your smart TV
- Easy access to all leading streaming services
- Compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices
- The price is lower than other OLED or QLED TVs of this size and range
- Dolby Atmos sound
- The TV is highly responsive which makes an excellent option for those of you who want to use it for video gaming too
- Comes in 55, 65 and 77-inch sizes
- 5-year warranty
- 65 inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV
- Comes with LG’s brilliant and intelligent Magic control with precise motion control, voice control and a screen cursor
- Very realistic and lifelike colors and picture
- Very wide gamut of colors
- Low motion blur and input lag which is superb for those of you who love watching sports and other fast action content as well as for those who want to use the TV for playing video games
- Better than average viewing angle, which means you can watch it from just about anywhere without distortion of the picture
- Excellent upscaling of low-quality content such as DVDs, HD, and Full HD content into 4K UHD which means you don’t need to throw out those DVDs just yet
- Sleek design with ultra-thin borders, and with an added arc TV stand will look great wherever you design to place it
- – 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 digital optical audio out, a composite, tuner, and Ethernet inputs
- Supports HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vison as well as pass-through ARC DTS, ARC Dolby Digital, Optical Dolby Digital, Optical DTS, ARC
- HDR in USB playback, Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube
- The sound is better than average for this range and size of TVs
- Runs on webOS smart TV platform with a wide variety of features and option all of which are easy to find and navigate
- Much smart streaming, informational and gaming apps preinstalled and others available on LG Content store
If you want a large sized 4K UHD TV but don’t want to spend a fortune on it, you may want to try out the TCL 65S517. It is an excellent option for an all-purpose TV, for those of you who plan on using your TV as a PC monitor and for playing video games, apart from enjoying top quality video content.
- 65 inch LED 4K Ultra HD TV released in 2018
- Supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Comes with Roku Smart TV version 8.0 with access to thousands of movies and TV shows for free
- Very low input lag in Game Mode which is great news for the gamers out there
- Good support of Chroma 4:4:4 for those of you who want to use it as a PC monitor
- Judder-free and motion trail free motion handling for a great sports and action movie viewing experience
- Wide HDR color gamut
- A high native contrast ratio and very good deep black and grey uniformity
- A wide color gamut comparable to that of higher-end TVs
- Thin borders and a stable elegant base
- VESA 200×200 wall mount
- The maximum thickness of the TV is 2.91 inches
- The semi-gloss finish of the screen will diffuse reflections well unless the light source is directly facing the TV
- Pretty good color accuracy out of the box, so if you are not into fiddling with the settings and calibrations you will be happy with this purchase
- Calibration is easy and is done via the TCL mobile app
- All inputs are on the side, for easier access, and include 3 HDMI, 1 USB. 1 digital optical audio and 1 analog audio out, composite in, Ethernet, and a tuner input
- Integrated Wi-Fi support which you can use to connect the TV to your wireless network, or you can use the Ethernet port to connect it via cable
- HDR in USB playback, Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube
- Easy to use remote control and a companion app with some voice control features
If you watch a lot of sports, action flicks or other fast-moving objects and videos, then the Sony XBR65X900F is the perfect large 4K UHD TV for you because it is a true master of motion and one of the best TVs introduced this year by the Japanese giant.
- 65-inch Direct-lit LED TV with 4K Ultra HD
- A top quality LCD picture with up to 6 times better contrast than other LED TVs
- The picture has amazing clarity combines with the high dynamic range detail and color
- The 1X Extreme processor provides the best upscaling in the world and enhances the quality by controlling the brightness and contrast of the picture via the double database system which removes the noise and adds detail to lower quality content
- Even in True Cinema mode which turns the HDR upscaling off, you will end up with a beautiful, smooth picture, no matter the source
- Triluminos vibrant colors
- The local dimming and direct lighting features are outstanding features for a TV of this range and price
- C-Motion Clarity provides an incredible on-screen action viewing experience
- An improved HDR performance with even better brightness as compared to the preceding model thanks to the added direct-lighting
- 300 x 300 wall mounting
- Dimensions of the TV only are 57 x 32 ¾ x 2 ¾ inches, and with the stand are 57 x 35 3/8 x 11 ¾ inches
- Comes with a Voice remote and an IR blaster
- 4 HDMI, 2 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0, 1 composite input
- Compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices for nifty voice control for finding content, changing channels and others
- Built-in Chromecasting and Google Voice Assistant support
- Smart TV runs Android TV and provides access to hundreds and thousands of apps available on Google Play
- Supports Dolby Vision which is supported by Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube and other services providing HDR content online
- Pretty decent sound and good distance soundstage spread
- The TV is available in 45, 44, 75 and 85-inch versions too
- Very affordable price given the quality and the advanced features, such as local dimming, direct lighting and the 1 X Extreme processor of the TV
If you loved our runner-up – the Sony A1E OLED flagship from last year, and are interested in how Sony followed up on it, take a look at the features of this year’s upscaling master – the Sony XBR65A8F flagship OLED TV for 2018.
- Sony’s flagship 4K Ultra HD OLED TV for 2018 provides a truly outstanding picture
- 65 inches, but available in a 55-inch version as well
- Features the powerful X1 Extreme processor and new and innovative upscaling algorithms which make SD and HD content look much better than we have ever seen before and turns this TV into the best 4K/HDR performer of 2018
- Impeccable MotionFlow motion control for watching fast action sports and movies without any blurring
- Flawless contrast and vivid colors like you have never seen before
- A very clever and effective Acoustic Technology sound system without any speakers being visible. It uses the screen as speakers and has an added bass on the rear for an immersive effect
- Exceptional black levels
- Very well designed integrated picture presets
- A stylish, sleek and minimalistic design which doesn’t distract from the viewing experience
- Easy to mount on the wall, and doesn’t have a large footprint when used with the stand
- Freeview HD and Freesat land and satellite tuners
- Supports Dolby Vision and HLG HDR
- 4 HDMI, 3 USB, and an RF tuner inputs
- Runs on Android TV OS with 4K HDR Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and various other preinstalled apps as well as access to hundreds of other apps on Google Play Store
- Has built-in Chromecast support for easy sharing of media from another device
- Supports Alexa and Google Assistant voice control too
- 65-inch Direct-lit LED 4K Ultra HD TV with active HDR
- Combines the HDR color and detail with the 4K Ultra HD clarity and contrast to create a crisp clear, almost lifelike picture and true color accuracy
- The active HDR will automatically optimize the picture scene by scene for brighter brights and blacker blacks
- Dimensions of the TV set only are 56.4 x 33.7 x 3.3 inches, and with the stand, they are 56.4 x 36 x 10 inches
- TruMotion 120 ensures that all fast moving scenes are blur-free
- A very low input lag which makes playing video games on the TV an incredibly satisfying experience
- The semi-gloss screen handles indirect and direct reflections pretty well
- 3 HDMI, 2 USB, 1 composite, 1 RF, 1 component-composite, 1 Optical, and an Ethernet inputs
- Comes in smaller sizes as well – 43, 49 and 55 inches
- Runs webOS 3.5 TV which is probably the best smart TV OS currently available and which incorporates all of the popular streaming video apps as well as access to more than 70 free internet channel via the LG Channel Plus app
- Recommended by Netflix for a superior Netflix experience
- A very wide viewing angle
Since you may feel overwhelmed by all the terms, numbers and features we have added in our 60 inch TV reviews, here are some very brief answers to the most commonly asked questions we have been receiving by people interested in buying a 60 inch or other large sized TV in 2018.
Which 60 inch TV should I buy in 2018?
The answer depends on the budget you have for a new TV, as well as the expectations you have for the quality provided. Our top picks include the best TVs of this size for 2018 including entry level TVs, mid-range ones and high-end models. Choose the one which will work for you without putting too much of a strain on your budget.
Is bigger really better?
Yes, when it comes to TVs, size does matter. We recommend that your main TV is 60 inches or larger. You can get smaller sized ones for the bedroom and other rooms in the house, but the picture and the viewing experience provided by a good large sized TV are unmatched.
Do I really need a 4K and HDR TV?
4K UHD TVs today are much more affordable than when they were first introduced. They have four times more pixels than the conventional 1080p TVs. Plus, today, most of the leading streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube and others, the Blu-ray discs, and other media content are offered in 4K and HDR quality, so you do want to make the most of it with a TV which can reproduce it on screen, right? It is a good investment for the future.
Which is better – OLED or LED LCD?
OLED TVs still provide the best picture quality, but they are more expensive. A good quality LED LCD TV with local dimming, and one with direct backlighting can offer you an excellent viewing experience as well.
Why is black color reproduction so important?
The ability of a TV to produce a blacker black is the key to a good picture, as it means that the TV has a higher contrast. After that come color saturation and color accuracy.
Do I need voice control for my TV?
Voice searches and voice control is one of the biggest trends of 2018. It allows you to perform easy searches for your favorite shows or to control your TV without even touching the remote control, which is pretty cool. We picked a number of TVs which have Voice control remotes, and some models which can be controlled via a mobile app, have integrated Google Assistant or are compatible with Google Home and Alexa devices for you.
How many HDMI connections do I need?
Since most of the devices you will likely want to connect to your TV use HDMI connectivity, it is a good idea to get a TV which has a sufficient number of HDMI inputs allowing you to connect them all, without having to interchange cables all the time. Think about the game consoles, cable boxes, Blu-ray player and other devices you will be using with your TV when you are choosing the best one.
Do I really need a TV antenna tuner?
Yes, if you are not using cable and still want to watch your local free TV broadcasts in good quality.
So, did you find the 60 – 65 inch TV of your dreams? We will be extremely happy if we have helped you make up your mind, and have sorted out any questions you may have had regarding the best 60 inch TVs for 2018.
Good luck with your purchase, and enjoy the supreme experience of watching your favorite show, movie, sports or playing your favorite game on your new extra-large 4K Ultra HD 60 or 65 inch TV!
Related – The 100 Best Christmas Movies of All Time – 2018
Last update on 2018-10-15 at 20:15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API