Do you want a second screen or a smaller TV for your bedroom, guest room or for any other purpose? A good 32 inch TV is a perfect choice, especially given the lower price and yet the good quality of the TVs of this size being offered today.
Don’t expect to find OLED or ultra-high resolutions on TVs of this size, because the manufacturers are striving to design and make affordable and yet good quality 32 inch TVs and have left all the high-tech features and all the bells and whistles for the larger and more expensive models.
Nevertheless, there are some pretty good small-sized TVs offered right now, some of them with smart features, most with high-frequency refresh rates, and with HD or Full HD resolutions.
To help you pick the most suitable 32 inch TV, we have been testing quite a few of the models available on the market. As a result, we came up with our top 10 best 32 inch TVs for 2019.
All of them are excellent options for tight budgets and spaces and will cost you a tiny fraction of the large-sized high tech models, so read on to find that perfect 32 inch TV for your needs and for your budget.
Of all the small sized TVs we tested in 2019, our overall favorite is definitely he TCL 32S305. It is offered at a very affordable price and has some pretty amazing features for a television set so small and so inexpensive.
The 32-inch smart LED TV from TCL has a classic design which will look great in any room of the house, in your dorm room, your RV or any other space.
It is very easy to operate, so you won’t have a problem accessing your preferred streaming channels, cable programs, video consoles or other content. In fact, the Roku Search feature will allow you to find whatever you need in a few seconds, without the hassle of trying to navigate through complicated settings and menus. The Search allows you to choose the content by title, the name of an actor, director and so on.
The Roku smart TV from TCL offers access to over 4,000 online streaming channels and more than 500,000 movies, TV shows and programs.
It also has a built-in tuner, so you can watch your local over-the-air programs in great quality.
The 32 inch LED display is direct lit and provides a top quality 720p picture.
The refresh rate is 60Hz, so you won’t be bothered by any distracting blur even when you are watching fast speed sports or an action-packed movie.
The TCL S305 is also available in a smaller size of 28 inches, as well as in larger ones – 40”, 43” and 49”.
The dimensions of the 32 inch TV are 28.9 x 17.1 x 3.2 inches without the stand and 28.9 x 19.2 x 7.2 inches with it.
This reasonably priced TV has 3 HDMI (1 ARC), USB, RF, Optical audio out, headphone jack and RF inputs and outputs.
You can enjoy watching media content in various file formats via the USB input, including MKV, MP4, MOV, TS, and listening to music and audio in AAC, MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV, AC3, AIFF. You can also view images in JPG, GIF and PNG format.
The wall mount pattern of this compact TV is 3.9 inches.
The remote control is intuitively made and easy to use thanks to the simple design and fewer buttons. If you prefer you can download the mobile app on your smartphone or tablet, and use them as a fully functioning Roku remote as well.
Roku is probably the easiest to use smart TV system in 2019, it requires no additional streaming device, it is updated on a very regular basis, and is easy to control via a simple remote or smart app. Plus, it provides you with access to much more streaming services and apps than most other TV smart platforms.
You will get instant and easy access to Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu, HBO Now, Vudu, Google Play Movies, PlayStation Vue, Showtime, Comedy Central, Fox Sports, Watch ESPN and so many more…
Even if you are not so tech savvy, don’t worry, with this TV you can find which streaming channels are showing your favorite show or film with one simple click.
The Roku Channel app has such a wide variety of free on-demand movies and shows, which you may find it unnecessary to pay for paid channels and cable TV with this Roku Smart TV.
The TV has no Ethernet connectivity but does have a built-in Wi-Fi which you can use to connect to your home wireless network (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz).
Overall, at the price it is being offered, the very good picture quality, and the smart features, the access to so many apps and streaming content, and the ease of use, this brilliant little TV is definitely the best 32 inch TV to buy in 2019.
Our next favorite 32 inch TV for this year is the Samsung UN32J4001. This small-sized 32-inch LED-backlit LCD TV has an HD resolution of 720p which is quite good for a television set of this size and will allow you to enjoy vibrant, clear and detailed images at all times no matter whether the source has HD quality or lower. A very nifty feature is the highly efficient Wide Color Enhancer which will automatically correct the colors no matter the quality of the content.
It has a Motion Rate of 60Hz, which means that you will get a clear picture when watching sports or fast action scenes without any blurring and jittering.
This Samsung TV is very light and slim thanks to the Samsung slim LED backlighting technology, which makes it easy to transport. You can take it when going camping, on your RV or on a trip with you.
Its dimensions with the stand are 28.9 x 18.2 x 6.4 and without it – 28.9 x 17.3 x 3.1 inches.
The picture clarity is superb and the images are as real-like as they can get on a small-sized screen.
The TV has 2 HDMI and 1 USB inputs to add your preferred devices. The USB has a ConnectShare Movie feature for watching content from a USB drive.
The J4001 has DTS Premium Sound, for an even more enjoyable watching and listening experience. It decodes the DTS content from the Blu-ray disks or other sources for a more immersive surround sound experience.
It also supports Dolby Digital Plus content and produces an incredible sound for a TV so small, thanks to it’s specially designed down firing speakers with a bass reflex.
This TV from Samsung is very affordable, and although it doesn’t have smart features, does have everything the average user needs from a secondary TV screen – auto channel search, closed captioning, parental control, auto shut off, as well as a HyperReal picture engine and a Digital Clean View function.
We highly recommend it due to the quality of the picture and sound it provides, its easy portability, the budget-friendly price, as well as the way it handles all sorts of content, including fast moving action.
The 32 inch J4001 from Samsung is definitely the perfect non-smart TV for your bedroom or other small room.
Our top budget-friendly pick for a 32 inch TV in 2019 is the Vizio D32h-C0.
This is a full-array backlit LED TV with a pretty unique design which provides excellent HD picture quality.
The Full Array backlighting helps distribute the LEDs uniformly for an even and balanced picture and an incredible crystal clear picture with a resolution of 720p.
This budget-friendly TV has a 60Hz effective refresh rate to handle all sorts of sports, action films and other fast-moving actions without any blur.
The remote control is incredibly easy to use, with distinct buttons, so you won’t waste time and effort trying to find the button you need.
The model is available in other sizes as well, including 24”, 39” and 43”.
The size of the D32h-C0 is 28.7 x 17.1 x 2.9 inches without a stand and 28.7 x 19.1 x 7.9 inches with a stand. It weighs less than 10 lbs. so it is easily portable.
It has 2 HDMI and 1 USB input ports and SPDIF, Audio line-out, composite video component video audio outputs, so you can connect your cable box, streaming device, sound bar, video console or any other device of your choice. You can also watch movies, listen to music or view pictures from a USB source directly on the TV screen.
The D-series from Vizio has different viewing modes, including Normal, Stretch, Panorama, Wide and Zoom, so that you can adjust the display in accordance with the source and content you are watching.
It has an integrated TV tuner so you can watch the free over-the-air programs in your area, and closed caption capability.
The Vizio 32 inch TV set is wall mountable via a 100x100mm mounting hole pattern.
The audio is very good thanks to the 2 speaker system, the equalizer and the Dolby Digital output and the added DTS TruVolume feature.
The TV comes with a 1-year warranty and Vizio provides the best award-winning customer support to all its customers in the US.
The 32 inch Vizio TV is Energy Star certified and has low power consumption.
So, if you are not ready to spend more than a hundred and something dollars on a brand new, top quality small-sized TV, the Vizio D32h-C0 is probably one of the best options you will find on the market in 2019.
Our other top picks for the best 32 inch TV for 2019
- 720p High Definition resolution which provides a perfectly crisp picture
- Direct-lit LED panel for an improved and flicker-free quality of the picture
- A 60Hz native refresh rate and effective refresh rate of 120Hz will minimize the blur of fast-moving images, sports and action films
- Dimensions with the stand: 28.7 x 18.7 x 7.1 inches, without the stand: 28.7 x 17.2 x 3.1 inches
- This is a Smart TV which runs on webOS 3.5 one of the best smart TV platforms in 2019
- Built-in Wi-Fi as well as an Ethernet input for connecting to your home network wirelessly or via cable directly to your router
- Features 2 HDMI, USB, RF, Ethernet, Composite, Component and Optical inputs and outputs for multiple connectivity options
- LG’s special Color Master Engine helps provide vivid and realistic colors
- A Virtual surround for an immersive viewing experience
- You can watch free content via Channel Plus, as well as all your favorite streamed content at Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Amazon, VUDU and others
- Share your video, audio or photo content from your smartphone directly to the screen of the TV
- A free and handy LG TV Plus mobile app is available for linking the TV to the contents of your device and sharing it to the TV wirelessly
The Samsung UN32J4000C is pretty similar to our runner-up – the J4001, but it is a bit older and is less expensive than it. Then again, it is still a great TV and one of the best 32 inch TVs for 2019.
- 32 inch LED-backlit LCD TV available at a very affordable price
- 720p HD vibrant, clear and detailed picture which will make your viewing or gaming experience a lot better, no matter the quality of the source
- Very clear and blur-free picture of fast moving content thanks to the 60Hz refresh rate, the high processing speed, and the backlight technology
- Down firing speakers with bass reflex, and support for DTS premium will bring you an incredibly clear and immersive surround sound
- A Wide Color Enhancer helps enrich the colors of the image even more
- A USB input and Samsung’s Connect Share Movie will make it easy to play all kinds of media directly from USB enabled devices, such as an external hard drive, a USB flash drive and others
- HDMI, audio line-in, USB composite component video input, optical digital audio output inputs, and outputs
- A 200x200mm mount interface
- Integrated digital and analog TV tuners to watch over-the-air TV programs
- Dimensions without the stand are: 2.7 x 17.4 x 29.3 inches and the weight is16 lbs.
- An easy to use remote control
Even though the 32 inch TV can be considered small, there is no reason to compromise on the quality of the resolution provided. This is why, we suggest you think about buying this Full HD 1080p TV from Samsung.
- Full HD resolution, twice the quality of the standard HD resolution of the 32 inch HD TVs
- A new model from 2019 by Samsung
- Quad-core processor for a smooth and seamless browsing, streaming and control-switching experience
- Smart TV with a Smart Remote control so that you can access all the apps you need, as well as online content directly on your TV screen
- Motion Rate 60 provides a clear and non-distorted picture of fast moving actions and objects thanks to the high refresh rate and the LED backlight technology
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to connect your TV to your home network, and to all other devices for easy sharing, access and Internet browsing
- Micro-dimming pro feature for blacker blacks and brighter brights of all zones of the screen
- Full HD Clarity and a true-to-life picture and all-natural colors
- An Ultra Clean function which automatically improves the clarity of the picture and removes any distortion no matter the quality of the content you are viewing
- A Samsung SmartThings App can be used to control the TV via your smartphone or tablet
- You can sync the contents of your mobile device with the TV for direct access to all of your media on the big screen
- Easy Internet video playback, web browsing, A well as digital audio photo playback, and video playback
- 2 HDMI, USB, composite and component video input, digital audio output, Ethernet inputs and outputs
- Dolby Digital Plus, ARC
- Dimensions without the TV stand: 28.9 x 3.1 x 17.3 inches
- Weight: 9.26 lbs.
- 100x100mm mounting pattern
The Vizio D32-D1 is yet another Full HD 32 inch TV which we strongly recommend to all of you who still want the best possible resolution, no matter the size of your TV, and at an incredibly low price too!
- Full HD resolution of 1080p, more than 2 million pixels and a stunning, crystal clear picture
- Perfect for watching streamed movies, TV shows, music as well as premium apps from the Internet directly on the TV screen
- 120Hz refresh rate and Clear Action 240Hz removes any blurring from the picture even when the content includes fast moving actions and objects for a smooth and realistic viewing and gaming experience
- Full-Array LED backlight which distributes the LED evenly and delivers a better picture and light uniformity on the LCD panel
- Integrated Wi-Fi, for access to your home network, the Internet and to the VIZIO internet apps plus
- You can also connect the TV via cable to your router for an even more stable and strong internet connection
- 7-possition App Launcher and a simple full-screen home app for easy navigation and for easy search of the content online or on the connected devices
- Regular updates of the smart TV operating system
- Comes with 2 HDMI, USB, Ethernet, composite and component video, audio line-in, digital audio optical inputs and outputs
- TV tuner to watch the free local TV programs which are broadcasted over-the-air
- Digital Dolby Plus output and DTS TruVolume support
- Annual estimated cost for operation and energy use is $6
- A 100x100mm wall mount interface
- 6 x 7.9 x 19 inches with the stand, 28.6 x 2.6 x 17 inches without the stand, and a weight of 11.79 lbs.
- Very affordable price and 1-year warranty
- Budget-friendly price
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation 120Hz for a smooth viewing experience of sports, action movies and other fast-moving videos
- A Mobile High Definition Link will allow you to stream the contents from your smartphone or tablet directly on the TV screen
- You can stream all kinds of media content from an external hard drive, or USB flash drive via the USB port on the TV
- Dimensions are 28.78 x 18.34 x 7,94 inches with the stand and only 28.78 x 16.96 x 3.56 inches without it
- 3 HDMI ports will allow you to connect your video game console, Blu-ray player, top set box, streaming device or other
- Energy Star certified
- A 720p HD resolution
- 32 inch LED TV
- Native 60Hz refresh rate to keep the picture nice and smooth even when you are watching sports and other fast actions
- 3 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 RCA component, 1 RCA composite, 1 RF, 1 digital audio outputs and inputs – multiple connection options for all your devices
- Dimensions with the stand: 28.9 x 18.8 x 7.1, dimensions without the stand: 28.9 x 17.1 x 3.5 inches.
- Energy efficient, Energy Star certified TV will help you save power and lower the bills
- Great remote control which you can use the connected devices as well as the TV and allows for quick channel surfing
- An MHL port to connect your mobile and CE products to the TV for streaming content
- Available at a very reasonable price
Last but not least comes the LG 32LJ550M 32 inch smart TV which is another superb small-sized TV with all of the smart capacities of the larger and more expensive ones, which will fit well in your bedroom or another small-sized room.
- 32 inch 1366 x 768 HD LED-backlit LCD TV
- Smooth performance without blur thanks to the fast 60Hz refresh rate
- Built-in Ethernet and wireless connectivity to access the Internet and all other devices on your home network
- An intuitive and easy to use and access LG Content store with numerous apps
- 2 HDMI, 1 USB ports to connect devices and to stream content
- Other inputs and outputs include: a composite and component video, and optical digital audio, as well as Ethernet
- Smart TV on a WebOS 3.5 platform allows for direct internet browsing, streaming, video playback and the use of various apps
- Dimensions are 28.7 x 3.1 x 17.2 inches, the weight is 10.8 lbs.
- The wall mounting interface is 100x100mm
- MTS stereo reception system
- DTS digital output and a surround mode, with added clear voice technology for clearer sound and on-screen dialogues
- Estimated annual cost for the use of the TV in the US is $10
- 1-year warranty
Buying a TV is always quite a bit of a hassle especially if you are not quite sure what you are looking for. The decision becomes more complicated as the size of the TV screen increases, as well as the number of features it has. But still, the different 32 inch TVs do have some variances worth noting, and some features which we highly recommend you look at before making your final decision.
The size and dimensions
If you are looking for a small-sized TV to fit a particular space, then it is essential to look at the dimensions of the TV with the stand or without it, depending on whether you are planning to place it on a TV table, or mount it on the wall.
Typically, 32 inch TVs are pretty small, but just in case, we have added the dimensions of the devices in our brief reviews, so that you ensure that the 32-inch screen TV will actually fit the space you have planned for it.
Although the resolution isn’t as prominent feature for a small screen, we still recommend that you look for a 32 inch TV with at least an HD (720p) resolution. This will ensure that you can watch TV, streamed content or other at a pretty good quality. We have picked several Full HD (1080p) TVs as well such as the Samsung N5300AFXZA, the Vizio D32-D1 and the Sceptre X328BV-FSR. The others are all with an HD resolution, and we must say, they did impress us with the clear, crisp and detailed picture they provide.
Anyway, in 2019, it is not worth paying money for a TV which has a lower resolution than HD in our honest opinion.
Other features which affect the quality of the picture
Resolution isn’t everything when it comes to the quality of the picture of your 32 inch TV. Make sure that you choose a TV set with good motion processing and a high frequency refresh rate, especially if you plan on watching sport or other fast moving action videos. Most of the TVs on our list have a native rate of 60Hz and pretty good motion processing, but there are a few with 120Hz refresh rates which you may want to consider if you are planning on using the TV for video games or for sports viewing.
Also, the backlighting type as well as the color management system of the TVs are crucial for the quality of the picture, the brightness and the blacks. So, take the time to read our brief reviews
Internet connectivity and smart functionality
We have picked both smart and non-smart 32 inch TVs for you, because we know that people have different needs and expectations from their small sized TVs.
We do recommend that you invest in a good smart TV, especially if you are planning on streaming content from the internet to it. This will save you money for additional streaming sticks and devices, and will also allow you to connect your TV to your home network to access your content and stream it to the TV directly from them.
Plus, you can browse the internet, and access multiple apps on a good quality smart TV.
Our top choice for the best smart 32 inch TV is the TCL 32S305 which has Roku Smart TV with access to thousands of channels, apps, and movies and other content. We have picked other smart TVs for you as well if you are not sure about the TCL model.
Check out the smart TV platform the TV has to make sure that you can use it for watching the content you want to watch. Most TVs come with preinstalled apps for the most popular streaming and other apps, such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, and others.
Ports, inputs and outputs
There is nothing more frustrating than coming home with your new TV and realizing that it is missing the port you need. This is why, you need to make sure that you check the types of inputs and outputs these TVs provide and consider the number and type of devices you are planning on connecting to the TV. Of course, the more HDMI ports your TV has – the better, because you can connect all the devices you want without having to get up and interchanging the cables all the time,.
Also, check the audio outputs to see whether the TV has a headphone jack or whether it can be connected to a sound bar or another sound system.
Most of our smart TVs have Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections which are essential if you want to use their smart functionalities. If your wireless internet is not so strong, you may want to choose a 32 inch TV with an Ethernet port so that you can connect it directly to the router.
All of the small TVs on this list have USB ports. These are exceptionally useful if you want to stream media content (video, music or photo) from a USB flash drive, and external hard disk or another USB device directly to the TV.
IPS vs VA LCD panels
Even though, the manufacturers of the smaller sized 32 inch TVs rarely specify the type of LCD panels they use, it is a good idea to check out whether your TV has an IPS or a VA panel. IPS panels offer a wider viewing angle, which is great if you are not going to be sitting right in front of the TV all the time. On the other hand, the VA panels provide a better contrast which is especially important if you are going to watch the TV in a darker environment. LG uses mostly IPS panels, while Samsung seems to prefer VA panels. The other manufacturers intermix the two, so check out this detail (whenever possible) to ensure you pick the right TV panel type for your needs.
If you are not planning on paying for cable, you may want to buy a 32 inch TV with a built in tuner. This will allow you to watch all of the available over-the-air TV programs in your area for free and without the need of an external device.
32 inch TVs are especially popular among gamers, but keep in mind that some of them handle video games much better than others. If you are planning on using your TV for playing video games, then take the time to check out the motion control features of each one, to make sure that the inputted picture will be rendered quickly enough without any lag or with minimum lag for a better and more enjoyable gaming experience.
Yes, design surely is important, but if you are faced with a choice of a TV which looks just like you want but with a worse performance or specifications than another which you don’t quite like for the room you are planning to use it for, our advice is to go with the one with the better features. After all, it is a TV and not a decorative object or picture, and you will save yourself the frustration of ending up with a perfectly looking TV providing a miserable overall performance. Thankfully, all of the 32 inch TVs on our list look pretty good, are pretty sure that neither the design nor the features will be a problem if you pick any one of them.
Ease of setup and use
If you are not particularly fond of fiddling with complicated controls, menus, remote controls, and interfaces, you better choose a small-sized TV which has an easy to use remote, or even better a mobile app so that you can control it via your smartphone or tablet.
may also want to pick a 32 inch TV which has an intuitive user interface, especially if you are choosing a smart TV. This will save you a lot of time and frustration from having to search through all options and keep jumping back and forth from option to option until you find the one you need.
All of the smart 32 inch TVs we have picked for you have easy to understand and use interfaces. Again, our top choice – the TCL 32S305 has one of the easiest to use searches and menus which is one of the reasons we have picked it as our top choice in this list.
The price of all 32 inch TVs is drastically lower than that of the larger sized, high tech ones, so you don’t have to worry about spending a fortune on any of the TVs on our list. We have added some budget-friendly options for those of you who are not ready to pay more than $150 for a small TV, and then there are some models which are a tad more expensive but with some added better features you may want to consider investing in. Our top pick is the best deal when it comes to price and features and quality provided.
So, now that you know which 32 inch TVs are the leaders in this year’s Best 32 inch TV competition, it is time to pick the perfect small-screen TV for your needs.
We hope that our reviews and shopping tips have been helpful for you to choose the 32 inch TV which is the most suitable for you, and that pretty soon you will be able to enjoy watching your favorite movies or shows, playing your games, or working on your computer on one of these excellent quality small sized TVs!
Good luck with your purchase, and let’s hope you will be enjoying your small and yet great 32 inch TV for a long, long time!
- The 16 Best Portable Air Conditioners
- Rtic Coolers – 2019 Review
- Which are the dog shock collars you can trust?
- What Is Fixd, and Should You Buy It? – 2019 Review
- 10 Best Vizio Sound Bars you can choose from this year.
- 12 Best Baby Monitors we picked for your baby.
- Top 10 Best Rated Home Air Purifiers for 2019 | Ratings and Reviews
- The Best Studio Headphones of 2019: The Ultimate Musician’s Guide
- The Best Toaster Oven On The Planet in 2019
- The Best Electric Toothbrush – the full guide
- We picked the best microwave for your kitchen.
- The Best Air Fryer in 2019 – The Ultimate Reviews
- The Best Dishwashers we reviewed for you.
- We tested and found the best handheld vacuum. Check our latest review.
- The Best Electric Fireplace TV Stand for 2019
- Walgreenslistens 2019 Survey – The Full Review
- The Best Lawn Mower for 2019
- The Best 10 Folding Wagons of 2019
- The Best Nose Hair Trimmer
- The 5 Best Telescoping Extension Ladders
- ZabaSearch: How to Use Zabasearch To Find People Online 2019
- 25 Largest Dog Breeds Ever – 2019
- 41 Best Small Dog Breeds – List of Top Small Dogs with Pictures
- Do you know which is the best anime of all time? Find out now!
- The 10 Best Multivitamin for Men – 2019 Review
- The 100 Best Christmas Movies of All Time
- 7 Best Wireless Surround Sound Systems
- McDVoice Survey – McDonald’s Customer Satisfaction Survey
Last update on 2019-02-22 at 19:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API