Table of Contents
Looking for a tent or gazebo which will comfortably fit 20 people for your upcoming camping trip or for holding a baby shower or wedding reception outdoors? Here is what you need to know before purchasing one.
Firstly, you want a tent which is just as big to fit you all and yet be portable and easy to carry if you are going on a trip and planning on taking it with you.
Also, find one which you can set up easily instead of having to spend hours trying to work out exactly what is going on.
20 Person Tent
A good tent for 20 people should be weatherproof and stable, so it will keep you dry and safe during the night or in bad weather conditions.
Make sure you get a tent that is worth the investment and which you can use for years ahead for other outdoor adventures or the events you are planning for the future, so pick one made from high quality, durable materials and by a reputable producer.
We spent 27 hours finding the perfect 20 person tents for you!
Here is the list of our top picks for tents 20 people for 2021:
- It is 100% waterproof, so no need to worry about you or your things getting wet in the rain
- There are two separate rooms for the accommodation of up to 10 people
- The anti-fungus coating of the flooring will help keep the fungus away from the tent and from you while enjoying your time outdoors
- Excellent ventilation and, at the same time, insect protection is ensured by the three large meshed windows
- 2 large and convenient doors for easy access with mesh covers to keep mosquitos away
- Very simple and quick assembly
- Center height of 6.7 feet for added airspace and comfort
- Dimensions of 6.7x8x17.4 feet
- Extremely lightweight at only 26.4 pounds
- A gear loft and pockets for handy storage
- Pin and ring system for easy setup and durable shock-corded fiberglass rods
- A convenient heavy-duty bag
- Suitable for spring, summer, and fall camping
- UV protection
- One person set up could be a hassle
The NTK Arizona tent for 10 people is a superb option if you want a reliable, durable, and 100% waterproof tent where you and up to 9 family members or friends can fit without feeling claustrophobic or overcrowded. It is of very high quality and is a superb choice for all campers or outdoor adventure lovers!
This amazing camping tent is advertised to fit 16 people, but it is so spacious that you easily fit up to 20 people! With 3 doors and 3 rooms, this is a giant tent made for your utter comfort during camping, hiking, or other outdoor activities.
- 3 doors, 6 windows, and 3 rooms for an airy and sufficient living and sleeping space
- Water-resistant taped fly seams and a binding floor to keep you and your things dry
- An 83-inch center height and bag dimensions of 28.5x14x14 inches. It weighs 46.7 pounds
- Great ventilation due to the mesh roof and to the many windows and doors
- An amazing 240 sq. foot footage of the tent and excellent spacious floor dimensions
- The tent comes with a gear hammock, a media pocket, 3 bottle holder pockets, and another 3 large pockets for storing your items
- An e-port
- Set up a time for people is about 20 minutes
- The setup can take longer the first time until you figure it out
The Ozark Trail family-sized tent is very easy to carry, with a hassle-free setup and a lot of space and good ventilation for all members of your family or friends. It can fit large groups of people with 3 doors and 3 separate rooms for added comfort
The DELTA Canopies tent is a superb choice both for personal recreation as well as for business needs. It is a heavy-duty tent that you can easily set up and disassemble to use for various occasions throughout the year.
- 100% waterproof and sturdy PVC top and walls
- UV protection
- 30×16 feet, with a height of 6.4.’
- Included 4 storage bags for convenient storage and mobility
- A strong, galvanized steel frame
- Pretty arched windows for superb viewing and lighting
- Removable sidewalls and 2 zipper doors for your convenience and for versatility
- Heavy-duty stakes
- Detailed instructions
- You need additional hardware to install it on asphalt or other hard surfaces.
- It needs to be strongly tied down to keep it safe in windy conditions.
This affordable tent is perfect if you are planning a wedding reception or other outdoor event which will host 20 or more people. You can easily set it up and choose whether or not to add or remove the side walls depending on the weather and on your preferences. It is a sturdy, heavy-duty tent that you can re-use for many events ahead and can even consider renting out to earn some extra bucks.
Related article: List of recommended heaters for tents in 2021
This cabin tent from Core can easily fit up to 12 people on 3 queen airbeds or in 12 sleeping bags. You can take the whole family and all pets camping, and this roomy tent will make all of you feel as nice and comfy as you are when you are at home.
- An instant 2-minute setup thanks to the pre-assembled frame
- Center height of 90 inches
- 18×10 feet
- Can use the 2 dividers to make 3 separate rooms or leave one large common space
- Windows and doors have secure privacy panels
- Handy wall storage pockets and a loft to keep the gear off the floor
- Double doors on the front and backside of the tent – one with a D-shell and one with a vertical zipper
- A closeable electrical cord access port
- Adjustable ground vent to draw in the cool air from the ground
- The weight of 52.5 pounds
- A rainfly and carrying bag are included in the package
- Waterproof and stable
- The top has an open ceiling design, so it may get cold in the colder seasons
This instant Core tent can be opened up like an umbrella and is large enough to fit all members of your family comfortably. It can be divided into three separate rooms for added privacy. It is a great, lightweight, and sturdy tent which you will love going camping with.
The Tahoe Gear Ozark-3 is a comfy and very practical tent for a maximum of 16 people. It is high enough for campers to walk and move in freely. The polyester tent body is 12,000mm, which will ensure that you are all dry and happy when it is raining outside.
- It can be easily set up by one or two people.
- A 7-foot center and tall walls for free and easy movement
- An airy open screen room and a master suite area
- A lot of windows, floor vents, and a breathable mesh design for better air circulation
- Weatherproof 12,000mm polyester and rainfly
- The total weight is 46.2 pounds, the size of the bag is 30x12x12 inches.
- A sturdy floor and shock-corded poles
- Quick assembly thanks to the pin and ring systems
- Durable, high quality make
- The instructions could have been clearer
- Rolling the tent to get it back into the bag could be a bit tricky
- You need to ensure that you properly secure all-metal pins properly for the tend to stay stable
Overall, the Tahoe Gear Ozark 3 is an excellent tent for large families or groups who want to invest in a reliable, good looking, and comfortable tent for any type of outdoor trip.
This cool Ozark Trail 12 person tent is a must-have if you and your family or friends enjoy camping but in fine conditions. It is one of the leading large tents for up to 20 people currently available at the market.
- Pre-attached poles allow for a 2 minute, one man set up via unfolding and extending
- You can make 3 separate rooms with the 2 removable dividers
- The oversized vents allow for great circulation of the air inside the tent
- A nice shade porch for relaxing outdoors
- A front and back door for easy access
- Electrical cord access, 2 handy storage pockets, and 2 media pockets
- Sufficient height of 80 inches, and dimensions 20×10 feet
- Can fit 4 queen airbeds or 12 sleeping bags
- Comes at an excellent price
- Wheeled storage bag
This tent can fit 20 people without a problem, 12 can easily sleep in it. It looks great and its hassle-free setup will allow you to get it up and ready for use immediately after you land at your camping site!
You can also check – Which are the top-rated truck bed tents of 2021?
This is the latest improved version of the popular Shade Tree wedding tent which is even more beautiful, versatile and sturdy than its predecessor.
- Strong joint fittings and framework made of galvanized steel
- Locking balls with springs for a reliable and stable installation
- Heavy-duty polyethylene woven fabric is waterproof and offers 90% UV protection
- Removable sidewalls, two high and wide doors, and beautiful large windows for a great panorama
- You can use it to park your car, truck or store other bulky items
- It is heavy duty and heavier than other tents
- It requires 7-8 people for a quick setup
- Anchoring is required for wind protection
This heavy-duty canopy tent is perfect for all people who love spending time outdoors and like to entertain a lot of guests. It will last longer and will keep you and your guests happy throughout the event.
It is an excellent choice for camping, hosting outdoor events, and other social or family gatherings of up to 16 people.
- It is suitable for spring, summer, and fall outdoor use
- A generous 7-foot center and very tall walls ensure that you can walk freely
- It fits in an easy to carry pack
- The sturdy 12,000mm polyester will keep you safe and dry even in heavy rain and cool in the scorching heat
- Easy and quick set up
- Sturdy floor, a polyester fly fitted with taped fly seams for added stability and durability
- The weight is 47.3 pounds, and the dimensions of the bag are 30.1×13.6×11,8 inches
- Lots of air and proper ventilation
- A convenient power port by the tent door
- Great wall height and ankles for added usable space
- The dimensions when assembled are 7.23×15.42×16.4 feet
- Instructions can be confusing for first time assembly
- The door and window zippers should be waterproofed and should be safely closed to prevent water entrance during heavy rain
- Can be a bit on the heavy side due to the steel poles
In conclusion, we must say that this great big tent is definitely a perfect choice if you need a tent which will give you enough air and space to walk in and move around comfortably whenever you are enjoying time outdoors with your family or friends.
Related – Quality tents perfect for 10 people
This is a perfect tent – gazebo to buy for your upcoming wedding reception, baby shower, or another event that requires the unrestricted, pleasant and safe hosting of more than 20 people outdoors.
- It can comfortably fit up to 50 people
- 10×30 feet
- Made with a waterproof and sturdy polyethylene cover to keep your guests dry and well
- The steel framework is coated with corrosion-resistant powder for added durability and resistance to corrosion and rust
- The diameter of the tubing is between 0.75-1 inches
- The design is elegant, so your guests will definitely be charmed
- The setup is easy and the instructions are clear
- The canopy blocks up to 90% of the UV rays from the sun for you and your guests’ safety and comfort
- Can be set up on soft and hard surfaces both
- The Velcro fasteners for the walls makes set up and removal very fast and hassle-free
- The sidewalls are removable, so you can use the tent for open-air exhibits with overhead protection only
- Six walls with windows for maximum viewing and lighting
- Added stability thanks to the included stakes and ropes in the kit
- It requires 2 or more people for faster assembly
- It should not be left outdoors in strong wind or heavy snow
Our final words are that the FDW 10×30 foot tent is an excellent investment if you are planning any outdoor events and hosting parties with 20 or more guests outdoors. It is versatile, durable and will keep your guests away from the sun, rain and feel great at all times.
The Ozark Trail 20×9′ is truly a grand tent that has the look and feel of a house rather than just a tent. You and your family will feel as comfortable as possible if you buy this excellent quality, durable, and reliable tent.
- Easy handling and carrying thanks to the rolling storage duffel
- 2 wall storage pockets including one with a tablet display
- Fits 12 people for sleeping
- The divider curtains can be used to make 3 separate rooms and 2 full-sized closets
- 4 huge windows
- The tent dimensions are 20×9 feet
- High center and walls for easy and free movement
- Ergonomic design and durability make it suitable for any season
- Smaller than some of the other tents for 20 people we have reviewed
We must say that this impressive tent is definitely an eye-catching item, which every camper should consider purchasing for family outings. It will make you feel at home wherever you are and will serve you well for years to come.
Related: Finest Muck Boots in 2021 for men, women, and kids
If you are a fan of comfortable camping, better known as glamping, and want to go on a fun trip with a large number of family members or friends, then this luxurious canvas bell tent by White Duck could be the perfect option available for you on the market this year.
It is also an excellent choice for those of you who enjoy serious camping no matter the weather conditions, all-year-round.
- It is constructed of all-natural and sustainable 10.10-oz. cotton canvas which is durable, waterproof, and breathable
- It has double-stitched reinforced seams and reinforced corners
- It is very easy and quick to set up thanks to its one center A-frame pole design
- This is an all-season tent with a jack for using a stove and a weather flap
- Thanks to its bell tent design it offers ample space for moving around and for sleeping and storing your gear comfortable
- Its walls are 3 feet high, and the peak height is 9 feet for ample headspace
- It has a 20 x 20 foot indoor space, which will fit your family or your friends and your gear comfortably for an unforgettable glamping experience
- It can easily double as a canopy for weddings, festivals and other outdoor events thanks to its oversized opening
- The door and groundsheet can be securely attached via hooks and eyes to allow for safe and easy access and exit
- It comes with a heavy-duty floor which can be unzipped and removed if you are planning to use the tent as a canopy
- It has sturdy and UV-resistant mesh doors and windows for ventilation and to keep bugs and animals out, all of them fitted with sturdy zippers
- A rain flap will keep rain and water out
- It has a total of 12 windows and added four roof vents for better air circulation and light
- There is an option to add another sleeping pod to a window
- The pole is made of resilient galvanized steel and a galvanized steel A-frame for the door
- There is a Dee to hang a lantern or lamp
- The tent is among the most beautiful and eye-catching ones on our list
- It is more expensive than some of the other large-sized tents on this list
The Ozark Trail 20 person tent is an excellent choice if you want a comfortable and spacy tent to fit your family, pets, gear, clothes, and appliances without feeling all cramped up and tripping over things all the time.
You can easily walk inside of the tent without the need to bend over or get dressed while sitting down thanks to the generous headspace.
What makes this tent perfect is its design, which allows forming a central area, and 3 good-sized separate rooms with their own doors. This is an ideal setup for a big family or for a group of couples who want to share a tent while camping together and are still looking for some privacy for everybody.
While to be truthful, it will be quite crowded and complicated to actually fit 20 people inside this giant tent, it is still a very good quality tent with a huge living area. In reality, it could comfortably sleep about 12 people which is quite an impressive number too.
You can use it as a guest house when you are having relatives or friends coming to visit you. It is also very convenient for storing your belongings when your home is being renovated.
The tent is very easy to set up and can withstand serious bouts of wind and rain. It’s definitely not suitable for the winter or for very cold weather due to the mesh roof, but in all the other 3 seasons you can rest assured that your tent will keep you dry and comfy while you are enjoying your outdoor adventure.
Overall, this is very reasonably priced for a tent which you can actually use as a second home for your family or friends! Highly recommended choice for a great extra-large tent!
What to consider when buying a 20 person tent
Camping in summer with family or not so big group of friends. Or to take on short camping trips like a 4-day weekend at the cottage of the national park.
Set up a 20-man tent alone in the woods for a night to get away from the stress and relax on your own while hearing the sounds of nature with no one around you.
Camping at festivals like Burning Man Festival or Electric Daisy Carnival or EDC Vegas. Bigger ones are also used as a temporary shelter during natural disasters.
And more… A 20 person tent is very useful, which has become the most popular choice for a group of friends, families or colleagues to camp together at their next getaway.
The best tents for camping are made from lightweight, durable materials with mesh windows that offer good ventilation.
They should also be weatherproof, with at least two doors and a rain fly to protect the tent from wind and rain.
- How many people will use the tent?
Choose the right size for your group. If you are unsure about which size to choose, check the number of people expected to use the tent. It is always better to choose a bigger tent. Extra space not only gives everyone more room but also offers some flexibility as to how you use your tent.
- What type of camping?
A 20 person tent is for family camping, group camping (with at least 5 people), big campouts, and festivals. The size will also matter in terms of how many tents are needed to use in one area. If you can only have 1 tent then buy the biggest one that you can afford.
- What’s the best season for usage?
A 20 person tent is a great choice for summer camping, but in the colder months, it can be used as well. The season will also matter when considering how cold it gets at night and if you need to heat up your tent.
- How much will it cost?
Depending on what features you want, a 20 person tent can range in price greatly. The general pricing is based on the size, quality, and material but certain features can raise the price.
- How heavy is the tent?
The heavier the tent, the harder it will be to lug around and with a trailer, they can’t go over certain weight limits so this needs to be accounted for before purchasing.
- How are you using the tent? Camping, hiking, travel adventure, etc.
Depending on how you use your tent will determine what features it should have. For example, if it’s just for family camping trips and car campouts then it will be a lot more bare-bones, while other options add extra comfort with air mattresses or an electric outlet.
These 10 items are our top recommendations for all of you looking for spacious, durable, and comfortable tents either for camping or for organizing various events for multiple guests.
They are all beautiful, well made and provide ultimate comfort both when setting them up and disassembling them, as well as when you are actually using them.
They are made of top-quality materials, with sturdy frames, and the level of ease of setting them up depends on your personal needs and preference.
Easy to store and carry, these large tents for 10-20 or more people are an excellent accessory for all people or businesses.
Choose the finest one to serve your needs and you will not regret the investment you will be making!